Woodward (old thread)

Should Studward remain as CE of Manchester United?

• No - he should be sacked also.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Yes - he should stay.

Votes: 137 77.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

smallred

we had a poll running all season that had 58% of people saying Woodie no longer should remain as CE. interesting to see peoples thoughts now after whats transpired over the past 8 months AND especially how the club is being perceived today for the handling of Moyes sacking.

so, does Woodward have your full confidence or you think we can do better?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
We can't sack him, he's on urgent transfer business!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I say sack everyone. We went 26 years with very few notable sackings so it's time to make up for it!

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Can't sack him.

Not losing a manager and CE, in the same summer, again.

Eyepopper

It's probably too late to sack Fergie is it?

And we'll get feck all for Giggs at this stage.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yes on the poll, no on the question. From what I have read about him he looks a very good CEO. I also think that blaming (exclusively) him for the transfer fiasco was so September-ish when there was the unwritten pact that we can't blame Dave but Woody on the other side isn't one of us, he is the Glazer's man so burn him with fire.

On those reports about Mata he looked impressive, he did the job well with Adnan and Rooney, he thinks that Klopp is a 'genius' and he sacked Dave. I hope that he'll have the final word on the next managerial appointment.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Leave Woody alone !

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Noway! He has done alright and seems to be open minded and flexible.

DOTA

Really should fix the title or the poll question so they're asking the same thing.

Lance Uppercut

Who are the potential candidates to replace him? It's important that I have the names of people who I know absolutely nothing about before I vote.

Zak Smith

He shouldn't be sacked now, but he should have lost his job at the end of last summer.

His part in this seasons misery shouldn't be downplayed.

Plugsy

Given what Mark Ogden said in the podcast I listened to earlier; that Moyes was nicknamed 'Dithering Dave' at Everton and often changed his mind back and forth over transfer signings leading often to a final few days of panic in the window, I'm beginning to think perhaps Mr Woodward received a bit too much stick for his part in last summer's fiasco

Woodzy

I think he is going to play an important part this summer. He must know that it's time to shut up and spend money.

I'm still not totally convinced that Mata was Moyes' choice ever. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just so,etching to keep us sweet from our boy WoodwRd.

togg

No, sure he isn't as experienced as Gill...but nor was he at the start. He's a global financial go getter...knows what is important to sell the club and in the business world you so dam need these type of people. Will he learn about negotiation? Yes...because that is his business. Keep him...he's already made United a load of money.

Eyepopper

Given what Mark Ogden said in the podcast I listened to earlier; that Moyes was nicknamed 'Dithering Dave' at Everton and often changed his mind back and forth over transfer signings leading often to a final few days of panic in the window, I'm beginning to think perhaps Mr Woodward received a bit too much stick for his part in last summer's fiasco
Or maybe the fact that Everton never had a pot to piss in, much less piss away on players might have had something to do with it.

Amir

He had a part in the disastrous summer, but we did get Mata afterwards. We just don't know enough about his work to judge.

Plugsy

Or maybe the fact that Everton never had a pot to piss in, much less piss away on players might have had something to do with it.
Well the nickname was over everything, how he'd re-write programme notes over and over again was another example. if it's the case Woodward was having to chase moving targets until the final few days it would explain a lot.

Eyepopper

Well the nickname was over everything, how he'd re-write programme notes over and over again was another example. if it's the case Woodward was having to chase moving targets until the final few days it would explain a lot.
Lots of things would explain a lot, thats not to say they're not rubbish.

Mad that Everton were happy to keep him for so long.

togg

I agree. Gill left, stupidly in my opinion if he really loved the club. Gill knew Woodward had little experience of negotiating, and obviously knew Moyes was a novice too at this level. Let's see what Woodward does now. He's not stupid, he's made this club so much bloody money, he knows that on field is where he can market.

Plugsy

Lots of things would explain a lot, thats not to say they're not rubbish.

Mad that Everton were happy to keep him for so long.
Why would you sack a manager for dithering in the transfer market? I'm only going off what Ogden said, you seem to be hilariously personally offended by it all for some reason.

Kag

My gut feeling over the Summer was telling me that he's a total clown. I've seen, heard or read of nothing that's changed my mind. He's been blowing the trumpet to the press all throughout the season in regards to our war chest, so he is under an intense amount of pressure to conclude transfers.

That said, I think Plugsy possibly makes a good point in regards to Moyes. The Guardian's Daniel Taylor reaffirmed yesterday that Moyes passed over Thiago due to a lack of knowledge on him, so the whole "Dithering Dave" tag probably does have a bit of credence.

DOTA

I agree. Gill left, stupidly in my opinion if he really loved the club. Gill knew Woodward had little experience of negotiating, and obviously knew Moyes was a novice too at this level. Let's see what Woodward does now. He's not stupid, he's made this club so much bloody money, he knows that on field is where he can market.
Wasn't Gill's decision taken before SAF's?

Blasphemy

I really like the way he handled the Mata deal and that he sacked Moyes. Happy for him to stay.

Plugsy

Wasn't Gill's decision taken before SAF's?
I think Fergie made up his mind to go first without knowing Gill was off but he didn't tell the board until after Gill announced he was going, or something like that. I could be wrong.

DOTA

I think Fergie made up his mind to go first without knowing Gill was off but he didn't tell the board until after Gill announced he was going, or something like that. I could be wrong.
Sounds about right.

Eyepopper

Why would you sack a manager for dithering in the transfer market? I'm only going off what Ogden said, you seem to be hilariously personally offended by it all for some reason.
Do I? Perception, obviously not one of your strengths.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has to deliver this summer. He messed up last year, the whole leaving from Australia thing was a joke. Did well with the Mata deal, made the right decision to remove Moyes and now has to bring in top-quality players. Also, it would be nice if the kit deal gets sorted out.

Plugsy

Do I? Perception, obviously not one of your strengths.
Maybe, it was just odd you went into full-blown sarcastic "a wonder Everton kept him so long" just because I pointed out something Ogden said.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Well if he messes up this summers transfer window and/or the hiring of the new manager then he will not have Moyes to hide behind. He needs to get his job done and do it right. In all honesty heading into last summer his hiring worried me more than Moyes as he seemed to have zero experience in the job. also, when you consider that this side of the football business being known by others at other clubs can be quite helpful (could hurt also if they think your a twat), but overall it is good to have connections, what connections does he have?

He still makes me nervous and if he does mess it up again, squarely the Glazers take a large share of responsibility for his hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.