World Cup 2018 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
England will get an easy group. They always do.

I hope they get drawn agaisnt Russia - the reporting of the police opearation on fan segregation will be more intersting than International football.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
BBC website saying it starts at 15:22.

I didn't realise Spain were in pot 2 - that's a nightmare draw for someone.

UTDbornfan

Am going to follow Belgium this time around. Love the team that have, the most talented of all teams entered.
What about France? surely they have the most talented team

OT: i think England could reach the quarter final and even the Semi's if the players get picked on form and if we pick a decent keeper not Joe Hart...

Giggs86

OT: i think England could reach the quarter final and even the Semi's if the players get picked on form and if we pick a decent keeper not Joe Hart...
England are the international equivalent of Spurs. Absolutely hopeless.
I think France have the best shot at winning based on the individual talent they have.

Marooned

England will likely qualify but will lose in round of 16 to Iceland or something

UTDbornfan

I think France have the best shot at winning based on the individual talent they have.
The thing is with England they have players who are on top form for almost each position except midfield and you'd seem them having a great chance

Rashford / Kane or Vardy / Sterling

Alli / Lallana / Dier

Rose or Young / Jones / Stones or Keane / Walker

Butland

That's not a bad team and should be very good the only worry is the midfield

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

France are no doubt very talented, but i think Belgium have more proven match winners, plus it would be amazing if a small country could win.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I don't think many people really understand how important the draw is. Not just the particular group but how everything pans out. Usually one team at least makes it to the final after avoiding most of the tough opponents.

There are some draws where I'd give us an 80% chance of getting to the quarters and others where we would have absolutely no chance of getting there. Hoping for good draws for us, Brazil and France. Brazil for obvious reasons and the french since they were very gracious in defeat in 2016, this generation of players is very likeable so hopefully they can win it if we don't play them.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
So the draw starts at 3pm, what time do we think it'll ACTUALLY start though? I can't be bothered to sit through dull montage after montage.
Well, probably around 15:20, 15:30. Will be "hello and welcome" yada yada. Then it will be montage of all the teams that qualified wirh their goals and celebrations, maybe even map of the world where they are, maybe pictures of cities, bla. Then rules.. That will last...

Enigma_87

You know who
The thing is with England they have players who are on top form for almost each position except midfield and you'd seem them having a great chance

Alli / Lallana / Dier

Butland

Manager: Gareth Southgate => Result: group stage exit.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Is there a livestream of this?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Alli / Lallana / Dier

Butland

That is a shit team. On top of that, you have a very very very very shitty coach.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
That is exactly the dance I do when Barca wins a trophy.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
What's the story? BBC have some lad on who knows what he's talking about. I didn't pay my tv licence to be made feel stupid by a pundit!

Can't wait for Brexit

Charles Miller

I even looked up the Curling rules and the scoring system on Wikipedia so I could understand the tactics :D.

I assume the World Cup is the same thing for people who don't normally watch football, and even for me personally, this and the Euros are probably the only time I really pay attention to international football.
Its like NFL. Too lazy to learn all the rules but i like it a lot.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Baldy is the FIFA president now, of course they're going to drag this out

Status
Not open for further replies.