World Cup 2030

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Trains are shite here in the south too. IMO the north west has much better transport links. And if you're going to Scotland from anywhere from the Midlands and below, you might as well fly, considering how cheap it is (and how extortionate trains are)

Hopefully they'll just leave Scotland out of it. They can have a pity qualification spot, but their grounds are all a dump anyway.
Celtic Park or Hampden would be refurbished, and rightly so. Both great grounds.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I don't think nostalgia will count for much in making this decision.

England should apply and should get it especially since it will be 64 years, by 2030, since England last hosted it and 12 years since Europe will have last hosted it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Celtic Park or Hampden would be refurbished, and rightly so. Both great grounds.
Parkhead is fine. Hampden is horrid. They should do a Wembley and just bin it and build a new Hampden.

There's still about 20 grounds I'd pick ahead of Parkhead though, in it's current condition.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Portuguese media saying Spain is trying to organize the 2030 World Cup together with Portugal and Morocco.

A World Cup in 2 continents would be something new. What's the general opinion about this possibility?
Morocco are desperate to host the WC and Africa is due another go - but the new format makes it difficult for most countries to host alone and I think most future bids will probably be combined.

Most people dont realise how close Morocco is to Spain geographically so logistically it will be pretty easy - in fact the Spanish Super Cup was played in Morocco this year.
But as well as the Morocco/Spain/Portugal bid - they are also considering a North Africa 'Maghreb' bid with Morocco/Algeria/Tunisia apparently but Id say the Euro/Africa bid has more chance.

Looks like Argentina-Uruguay are also going to bid (although with 2026 in North America I think South America have less chance) and England are looking into putting together a British bid.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Most people dont realise how close Morocco is to Spain geographically so logistically it will be pretty easy - in fact the Spanish Super Cup was played in Morocco this year.
Casablanca is closer to Lisboa than Barcelona. In terms of travel for teams and fans it would be perfect.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Casablanca is closer to Lisboa than Barcelona. In terms of travel for teams and fans it would be perfect.
Not to mention the weather is guaranteed to be good but bearable for footballers unlike Qatar and cities are amazing.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Parkhead is fine. Hampden is horrid. They should do a Wembley and just bin it and build a new Hampden.

There's still about 20 grounds I'd pick ahead of Parkhead though, in it's current condition.
Hampden’s not ‘horrible’, and they’re refurbishing it. Plus, it’s big. Where else are they going to host the games if they need at least 2 in Scotland?

RoyH1

The infrastructure is there in the south. Good luck when millions of tourists descend on the north and need a train!
While I'm not familiar with the state of railway travel in Scotland, it's not indispensable that people travel by train. Planes, coach, car rental are all possibilities that surely can accomodate the needs of travelling tourists. I can imagine lots of Europeans could even take a ferry and come with their own vehicle from the continent.

I think we also have to be careful with the standards we expect from host countries. If absolutely everything has to be top of the line (hotels, transport infrastructure, stadiums, weather, football culture, political climate, country size, distance for European fans) then we would end up with a rotation of the U.S, France/Germany and Japan/China every 4 years. Yes Qatar, is a massive mistake from FIFA for so many reasons, but I think Brazil and Russia have shown that you can organize a top tournament even if you have deficiencies in some areas.

For the record, I think all the mentioned bids would would work very well. I think Portugal and Morocco deserve to host WC matches and bidding together with Spain would give them a good chance.
A UK bid would be fantastic. Think of the venues involved filled to the brim. But the FA needs to change their modus operandi this time. England could massively benefit from having the Welsh, Scots and eventually Irish doing some of the lobbying. They don't carry the same political connotations as an Englishman would.

Last edited:

Cal?

CR7 fan
You would need to extend the tournament to two full months or even more to allow for intercontinental travel which would be inevitable under this format. It’s plenty of hassle for teams and even more for fans.
International travel is basically just a few hours on top of continental travel. You may need a couple more days overall.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
International travel is basically just a few hours on top of continental travel. You may need a couple more days overall.
I don’t know, it takes two days for me to recover from US to Poland flight. Going from Europe to Australia is also 24 or more hours.

Also you are neglecting the cost. Costs £100 to go from one end of Europe to another but £250 or more to go to Asia, Australia or America.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don’t know, it takes two days for me to recover from US to Poland flight. Going from Europe to Australia is also 24 or more hours.

Also you are neglecting the cost. Costs £100 to go from one end of Europe to another but £250 or more to go to Asia, Australia or America.
You can have regional groups with 4 in Western Europe, 4 in Middle East/Eastern Europe, 4 in east Asia, 4 in Pacific US, 4 in Atlantic US, etc
And then have the next rounds being a few hours away, etc

No one is suggesting 1 game in London followed by 1 in Auckland

As for the costs, the tickets are so expensive nowadays that the flight is a small fraction

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Portuguese media saying Spain is trying to organize the 2030 World Cup together with Portugal and Morocco.
Very reliable news today in Portugal reporting this will be the case. Argentina/Uruguay and Spain/Portugal/Morocco will be the two strong bids.

Most surprising thing about it is Spain still believe they'll be a country by then.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Very reliable news today in Portugal reporting this will be the case. Argentina/Uruguay and Spain/Portugal/Morocco will be the two strong bids.

Most surprising thing about it is Spain still believe they'll be a country by then.
The Castile/Catalonia/Basque Country/Andalusia/Portugal/Morocco World Cup will be a pain in the arse to say

Cal?

CR7 fan

That's quite interesting, but I'm still expecting Fifa to somehow hand in to China.

RochaRoja

Should be in South America. Games across the whole of CONMEBOL would be pretty cool to be honest.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There is a historical reason for this one to be sucessfull.
Wouldn't be against it at all. Argentina obviously providing bulk of stadiums, Chile upgraded a few for Copa America in 2015 and obviously final would be at upgraded Centenario. Not sure what Paraguay would provide bar their national stadium in Asuncion.

Bojan11

Should be in the UK. Some of the best stadiums in the world especially by then and if some of these stadiums are upgraded nobody will die.

Eila

Wonder if the other 6 CONMEBOL countries would like that 4 countries cup. I believe CONMEBOL is only getting 6 spots, at a least for 2026. So that leaves 2 spots for Brazil, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia.

Jib

What I find crazy about the 2030 WC is that Mbappe will be coming to the end of his career ha. I wonder if they'll be a new wonderkid on the scene ready to take the football world by storm.
with his work ethic, I don't think that he will be coming to the end of his career.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wonder if the other 6 CONMEBOL countries would like that 4 countries cup. I believe CONMEBOL is only getting 6 spots, at a least for 2026. So that leaves 2 spots for Brazil, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Bolivia.
Depends how many stadiums are being provided. To me if you're just providing one stadium you shouldn't get an automatic slot so I'd have Paraguay qualifying. Guess same would apply for Uruguay although would be a bit of a problem for the whole bid if the country hosting the final didn't play in the tournament.

Has it been decided how many stadiums Canada are providing for 2026?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Should be in the UK. Some of the best stadiums in the world especially by then and if some of these stadiums are upgraded nobody will die.
Should? Why?

After all the first one was made in South America?

Nothing more fair than returning to the starting point. And it’s not only on South America where there are problems. There were less violence problems in Brazil than in former European WC’s.

Eila

Depends how many stadiums are being provided. To me if you're just providing one stadium you shouldn't get an automatic slot so I'd have Paraguay qualifying. Guess same would apply for Uruguay although would be a bit of a problem for the whole bid if the country hosting the final didn't play in the tournament.

Has it been decided how many stadiums Canada are providing for 2026?
Yes, it's 3 from Canada and 3 from Mexico, and the stadiums are also set. The ones we don't know are the host cities the US, since they have so many bid cities.

Bojan11

Should? Why?

After all the first one was made in South America?

Nothing more fair than returning to the starting point. And it’s not only on South America where there are problems. There were less violence problems in Brazil than in former European WC’s.
Who cares where the first one was made?

UK has waited ages for a World Cup. Has the best stadiums. By then Everton and Liverpool should have new stadiums. Maybe a few other clubs too.

I wasn’t talking about violence problems. I was talking about the deaths from the people helping construct these stadiums. South America isn’t strict on health and safety. 8 people died constructing stadiums in Brazil. That’s 8 too many.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

UK has waited ages for a World Cup. Has the best stadiums. By then Everton and Liverpool should have new stadiums. Maybe a few other clubs too.

I wasn’t talking about violence problems. I was talking about the deaths from the people helping construct these stadiums. South America isn’t strict on health and safety. 8 people died constructing stadiums in Brazil. That’s 8 too many.
And how many people you think die building stadiums on other continents? Anyway no reason to dismiss your opinion because it looks both of us have strong arguments to defend each position. Chill.

Bojan11

And how many people you think die building stadiums on other continents? Anyway no reason to dismiss your opinion because it looks both of us have strong arguments to defend each position. Chill.
Chill?

I am chilled. I was explaining to you why the UK should get it. Being the first ones to get it is no reason. For me the countries in South America and other continents should improve their health and safety regulations before bidding for world cups. Nobody should be dying building football stadiums.

The UK has had a lot of new stadiums build in the last decade or so. I don’t recall anyone dying building them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Wait, what?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Surely, finally will be England.

- Best stadia
- Highest attendances
- Infrastructure
- Commerically most lucrative
- Highest level of safety

All these things were noted by McKinsey & Co. management consultants in the report FIFA had them do regarding the 2018 bidders.

Cal?

CR7 fan

- Best stadia
- Highest attendances
- Infrastructure

All these things were noted by McKinsey & Co. management consultants in the report FIFA had them do regarding the 2018 bidders.
Infrastructure & Safety? If that’s a big factor they should hold it in Japan.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers

- Best stadia
- Highest attendances
- Infrastructure

So what did McKinsey Say about Qatar 2022 in the same categories?

The "most lucrative" hosts for FIFA are the ones that let them get away with more things, specially regarding lucrative infrastructure (stadium, airports, hotels, transporte) contracts.

Revan

Assumptionman
If Uruguay (plus some other SA country) wants it and put a serious bid in the table, then they should get it.