World Cup 2030

GeorgieBoy

I appreciate I'm biased but outside of the UK I can't think of another country with the exception of Germany that rivals us in terms of:
1.Infrastructure.
2.Football attendances.
3.Health and safety record.
4.Policing.

Germany had it in 2006; we're due it!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wouldn't be against it at all. Argentina obviously providing bulk of stadiums, Chile upgraded a few for Copa America in 2015 and obviously final would be at upgraded Centenario. Not sure what Paraguay would provide bar their national stadium in Asuncion.
Nah, Argentina already made the point the final should be in the same city and stadium that couldn't hold a Libertadores final. Uruguay can have the Opening shitshow for the nostalgia factor. Paraguay was invited by Argentina without us even being asked. Increasingly looks like a great multiway project where every single party can blow up their budgeta and then try push the cost/blame to another.

Looking forward to another bid winning. As quickly as possible preferably.

VP

It's absurd that the UK have only hosted it once. Whatever folks say, it is the spiritual home of football. Add the iconic stadiums, ease of travel within the country, fantastic connectivity with the rest of the world and large migrant population - it should make for an amazing WC.

Bojan11

It's absurd that the UK have only hosted it once. Whatever folks say, it is the spiritual home of football. Add the iconic stadiums, ease of travel within the country, fantastic connectivity with the rest of the world and large migrant population - it should make for an amazing WC.
Nah, Uraguay and 100 years bollocks.

Maybe we should revisit every country after they hosted the World Cup after 100 years. So England can get it in 2066.

Argentina too. They couldn’t even bloody host Boca Juniors vs River Plate. They had to send that off to Spain ffs.

GeorgieBoy

Maybe we should revisit every country after they hosted the World Cup after 100 years. So England can get it in 2066.

Argentina too. They couldn’t even bloody host Boca Juniors vs River Plate. They had to send that off to Spain ffs.
Qatar because reasons.

AndyJ1985

England doesn't have enough oil money in brown envelopes knocking about

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
England has a weird currency, people drive on the wrong side of the road and measure weight in amounts of stone.

No one wants to come over to your silly island.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Ok you made your point. But what is bollocks for you might not be for others. I hope that the ones who make their presentation are less pretentious than you.

antohan

Ok you made your point. But what is bollocks for you might not be for others. I hope that the ones who make their presentation are less pretentious than you.
Being Uruguayan it isn't bollocks to me, but I also know we are basically getting taken for the ride of what will essentially be an Argentina bid with a massive bill to spli four ways.

100 years ago we were a young country, 80% of the population had immigrated in the last 50 years. We bankrolled it. The stadiums, the infrastructure, the transatlantic journey for all teams... We needed all of that anyway but yeah, football should be grateful we did.

Today we've been running a 4% deficit every year for 15 years and still have white elephants from hosting the Copa America in 1995. We don't have or need any of what FIFA requires. It's sad, but that's them shakes.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Being Uruguayan it isn't bollocks to me, but I also know we are basically getting taken for the ride of what will essentially be an Argentina bid with a massive bill to spli four ways.

100 years ago we were a young country, 80% of the population had immigrated in the last 50 years. We bankrolled it. The stadiums, the infrastructure, the transatlantic journey for all teams... We needed all of that anyway but yeah, football should be grateful we did.

Today we've been running a 4% deficit every year for 15 years and still have white elephants from hosting the Copa America in 1995. We don't have or need any of what FIFA requires. It's sad, but that's them shakes.
Not pretending South America is heaven, and he might have some points regarding England. Its just the fact saying South America no because England this, or that on Argentina happened that so lets take the Libertadores to Spain. Fed up with Eurocentric vies and I am from here.

Anyway regardless of that @Bojan11 ignore what I said and move on.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not pretending South America is heaven, and he might have some points regarding England. Its just the fact saying South America no because England this, or that on Argentina happened that so lets take the Libertadores to Spain. Fed up with Eurocentric vies and I am from here.

Anyway regardless of that @Bojan11 ignore what I said and move on.
It’s not about being Eurocentric, it’s a fact that the WC needs Europe more than Europe needs the WC.

Yet FIFA are screwing with European countries at every turn.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It’s not about being Eurocentric, it’s a fact that the WC needs Europe more than Europe needs the WC.

Yet FIFA are screwing with European countries at every turn.
What don’t tell me you’re coming with the famous they need us more than we need them?

Anyway the European country who deserves more is England I give on that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
What don’t tell me you’re coming with the famous they need us more than we need them?

Anyway the European country who deserves more is England I give on that.
It's true, yet allocation for Uefa is going down and down all the time, whilst the confederations who basically field teams who fail at every turn (AFC and CAF) are getting rewarded, 1/3 when the tournament becomes 48 teams, this despite utter European dominance since 2006?

England deserve one, but it just won't happen, especially with the ridiculous Brexit on the way.

Mr.Plow

England has more than enough stadiums, why do we need a joint UK bid?

Nanook

England has more than enough stadiums, why do we need a joint UK bid?
I think the minimum stadium capacity requirement is 40,000 and they’ll be 16 stadiums in 2026. England currently doesn’t have 16 with 40,000 and I think Twickenham are known for not wanting football to be played there.

1. Wembley - 90,000
2. Twickennam - 82,000
3. Old Trafford - 75,000
4. London stadium - 66,000
5. Spurs’ stadium - 62,000
6. Emirates - 60,000
7. Etihad - 55,000
8. Anfield - 54,000
9. St James’ - 52,000
10. Stadium of Light - 49,000
11. Villa Park - 43,000
12. Stamford Bride - 42,000 (new stadium ? 60,000)
13. Goodison - 40,000 (new stadium 52,000)
14. Hillsborough - 40,000
15. Elland Road - 38,000
16. Riverside - 35,000

I’m sure many of those stadiums (as well as Leicester’s, Derby’s, Southampton’s, Wolves’) could have their capacity increased though if England won the bid.

A joint UK bid would add

1. Milllenium - 75,000
2. Murryfield - 67,000
3. Celtic Park - 60,000
4. Hampden - 52,000
5. Ibrox - 51,000

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think the minimum stadium capacity requirement is 40,000 and they’ll be 16 stadiums in 2026. England currently doesn’t have 16 with 40,000 and I think Twickenham are known for not wanting football to be played there.

1. Wembley - 90,000
2. Twickennam - 82,000
3. Old Trafford - 75,000
4. London stadium - 66,000
5. Spurs’ stadium - 62,000
6. Emirates - 60,000
7. Etihad - 55,000
8. Anfield - 54,000
9. St James’ - 52,000
10. Stadium of Light - 49,000
11. Villa Park - 43,000
12. Stamford Bride - 42,000 (new stadium ? 60,000)
13. Goodison - 40,000 (new stadium 52,000)
14. Hillsborough - 40,000
15. Elland Road - 38,000
16. Riverside - 35,000

I’m sure many of those stadiums (as well as Leicester’s, Derby’s, Southampton’s, Wolves’) could have their capacity increased though if England won the bid.

A joint UK bid would add

1. Milllenium - 75,000
2. Murryfield - 67,000
3. Celtic Park - 60,000
4. Hampden - 52,000
5. Ibrox - 51,000
China already has 16 stadiums above 55,000 capacity, Fifa want it there, Xi wants it there, they just need an excuse to change the bidding rules.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yes, let's make the world cup more exciting by hosting it in a warzone. Suppose Spain and Portugal are hoping they will get the sympathy vote similar to Eurovision.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Shai-Hulud

Ukraine to bid for 2030 men’s football World Cup with Spain and Portugal

:lol:

Competition includes Egypt-Greece-Saudi Arabia collaboration

:lol:

antohan

The feck is this?
There's basically so much money at stake for some people that they'll come up with random ideas to weave some tale, any tale/pitch.

I'm not talking countries, or FIFA authorities, just people that worked their way into bid committees and hellbent on spending the next decade on the World Cup gravy train.

TheReligion

Abusive
The countries bidding are boring

I wouldnt mind it being held in any of the following:

UK/Ireland joint
USA
Japan

Red Star One

Yes, let's make the world cup more exciting by hosting it in a warzone. Suppose Spain and Portugal are hoping they will get the sympathy vote similar to Eurovision.
Ukraine won't be a warzone by 2030.

I think the idea is to have just one group play their matches in Ukraine and the vast majority of games, including all knock outs, would be in Portugal and Spain. It sounds ridiculous and borderline compassion-seeking but I'd much rather see this than a World Cup in Saudi Arabia. Hopefully Portugal/Spain won't need the inclusion of Ukraine to win the bid.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ukraine won't be a warzone by 2030.

I think the idea is to have just one group play their matches in Ukraine and the vast majority of games, including all knock outs, would be in Portugal and Spain. It sounds ridiculous and borderline compassion-seeking but I'd much rather see this than a World Cup in Saudi Arabia. Hopefully Portugal/Spain won't need the inclusion of Ukraine to win the bid.
Yeah for certain people going to a warzone will be far less dangerous than going to Saudi Arabia.

I'm not even joking.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
These random joint country bids are utter wank.
Agreed, always thought them doing a joint bid in 2002 was a mistake and the quality ended up to be rather questionable.
There's basically so much money at stake for some people that they'll come up with random ideas to weave some tale, any tale/pitch.

I'm not talking countries, or FIFA authorities, just people that worked their way into bid committees and hellbent on spending the next decade on the World Cup gravy train.
You must be absolutely correct but how any personage could possibly envisage a world cup in the middle of a war torn country to be a good idea is beyond me.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Funny how we’ve known for 12 years the location of the 2022 World Cup but we have no idea of the location of the 2030 World Cup in 8 years.

feck Saudi Arabia hosting it. Egypt would also be awful.

Red Star One

Yeah for certain people going to a warzone will be far less dangerous than going to Saudi Arabia.

I'm not even joking.
Gosh, let's please don't start this discussion again, I'm not sure I can survive another round of bullshit from people having issues with understanding the orders of magnitude and claiming Qatar / Saudis / USA / UK / Russia / China / Germany / you-name-it are all equally evil and all deserve exact same criticism.