World Cup 22 Fantasy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any early player tips outside of the fantasy scout 11?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can someone help, Foden or Sane?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mad messing late doors and have ended up with a slightly optimistic triple up of England defence, for

PICKFORD
TRIPPIER SHAW DUMFRIES PAVARD
KDB DI MARIA BERGWIJUN OLSEN ALMALKI
MESSI (C) MBAPPE MARTINEZ NEYMAR (12th man chip)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Did consider an Ecuador striker, but looked at their last however many games and they never score more than 1 :lol:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I doubt any serious player picked Valencia. Maybe some Ecuador fans did.

Dudu

Just joined the league.

Some of the rules for this are quite confusing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some of it does seem a little mad. Too many chips for such a short game!

I've played the 12th man chip for this week for example. Bet plenty missed that was even a thing!
And 2 transfers this round AND having 2 cracks at the captain cherry is wild.

Although i'm sure it used to be even sillier and allow infinite captain changes as long as they hadn't played yet.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Some of it does seem a little mad. Too many chips for such a short game!

I've played the 12th man chip for this week for example. Bet plenty missed that was even a thing!
And 2 transfers this round AND having 2 cracks at the captain cherry is wild.

Although i'm sure it used to be even sillier and allow infinite captain changes as long as they hadn't played yet.
Those aren't even the worst rules in the game.

It would appear there is a 'hack' in the game where you can transfer out Messi after he's played in MD1 for example to a cheap striker and upgrade your cheapest player in your squad who hasn't played yet for an additional big hitter. You'd still get the Messi PTS and the points of your new big hitter. Essentially means your budget can be enhanced by an additional 10m or so.

Awful game. Awful rules. Ran by an awful organisation so why would we expect better? Hahaha

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Those aren't even the worst rules in the game.

It would appear there is a 'hack' in the game where you can transfer out Messi after he's played in MD1 for example to a cheap striker and upgrade your cheapest player in your squad who hasn't played yet for an additional big hitter. You'd still get the Messi PTS and the points of your new big hitter. Essentially means your budget can be enhanced by an additional 10m or so.

Awful game. Awful rules. Ran by an awful organisation so why would we expect better? Hahaha
How does that work, as I thought if you took someone out, you simply lose their points for that round, and get the new player?

I read something about how you can start a wildcard immediately in round 2, and continue it at the end, essentially getting a wildcard for 2 game weeks.
not sure on the reality, as again, you'd surely lose the points of whom you take out.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Bollocks. I kept fiddling with it trying to find how to change formation and ended up clicking on auto-select to see if it had some sort of wizard...

Nope, it just submitted a team that is nothing like what I'd pick. Checking out of the fantasy early then.

By the way, turns out the way to mess with the formation is by subbing players, e.g. midfielder out and forward in makes it 4-3-3.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Where are the points? What is this shite game?
They seem to have awarded 20 points to the 2 goal guy, and 3 points to another Ecuador player, but no cleanies?
Think I saw a minus for some Qatar player too.

I fear we've been spoilt by the brilliance of the premier league game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Did you have anyone from today's game?
The player lists shows players have points and shows the mentalists who have 23 points, having captained the scorer and getting 3 points from some other guy,
I had the 4m GK who got CS. They've only given points to Valencia for his two goals and the assister.

Edit: saw your edit

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How does that work, as I thought if you took someone out, you simply lose their points for that round, and get the new player?

I read something about how you can start a wildcard immediately in round 2, and continue it at the end, essentially getting a wildcard for 2 game weeks.
not sure on the reality, as again, you'd surely lose the points of whom you take out.
Appears to be in the rules. Once a player has already played (Messi in my scenario) their points are locked in your score so you don't lose them no matter what. However you can transfer in a player who hasn't played yet in the game week and still get their PTS too.

So Messi down to a cheap striker would enable you to bring in another high value player in your squad with your 2nd transfer. This could be KDB for example before he plays. Thats if you don't already have him of course. If you do you could go for a Brazil player you don't own or a Spanish player.

It's a bit of a farce really.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
12th man chip.

Will everything about this World Cup suck?

https://www.nevermanagealone.com/2022/11/19/23467950/fantasy-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-chip-strategy

Appears to be in the rules. Once a player has already played (Messi in my scenario) their points are locked in your score so you don't lose them no matter what. However you can transfer in a player who hasn't played yet in the game week and still get their PTS too.

So Messi down to a cheap striker would enable you to bring in another high value player in your squad with your 2nd transfer. This could be KDB for example before he plays. Thats if you don't already have him of course. If you do you could go for a Brazil player you don't own or a Spanish player.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So if I understood the rules properly if Foden doesn't start today I can transfer him out for a player that hasn't played this GW and his points will also count for this GW?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Sounds odd.
In your example though, why do you mention reducing Messi to a cheapo to increase a mid.
Why do you say that rather than just Messi to an equally high striker? Same difference or some subtle point?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The 2 game wildcard is mad. Though once they've played you can't then wildcard someone out? Or can you? Will have to re-read that bit.

But I went 12th man game 1. Power captain week 3 is probably not much odds for the reasoning about still having weaker teams in there etc.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sounds odd.
In your example though, why do you mention reducing Messi to a cheapo to increase a mid.
Why do you say that rather than just Messi to an equally high striker? Same difference or some subtle point?
The first transfer has to be a locked player to ensure you still get Messi's points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Triple England defence was looking sweet for 65mins. Then shattered. And no Pickford pen save to rescue it last min!
Shaw assist all I've got so far.

Have Trippier 1 point and have Pavard who hasn't played yet on the bench.
Will it let me simply switch those 2? Doesn't seem to at the moment, and not sure if that's because we're in the middle of a game, or middle of a game day, or something else.

paulscholes18

Triple England defence was looking sweet for 65mins. Then shattered. And no Pickford pen save to rescue it last min!

Will it let me simply switch those 2? Doesn't seem to at the moment, and not sure if that's because we're in the middle of a game, or middle of a game day, or something else.
Should be able to now, you can't do it when the player is playing in case he gets sent off.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

“However, you are able to sub out a locked player from your lineup for an unlocked player on your bench. If you do this, you will lose the points for the subbed out player from your team score (this deduction will be applied when the next fixture in the Matchday commences). You will receive the points for your subbed in player when they begin playing in the Matchday.”

(per the rules on the site. Maybe give them a look? … https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/help/guidelines)