World Cup 22 Fantasy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should be able to now, you can't do it when the player is playing in case he gets sent off.
Hmm. Both my England boys show as locked, as do the 2 Dutch - who are playing now.
But none of my unlocked players have any actions on them to transfer - only to captain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
“However, you are able to sub out a locked player from your lineup for an unlocked player on your bench. If you do this, you will lose the points for the subbed out player from your team score (this deduction will be applied when the next fixture in the Matchday commences). You will receive the points for your subbed in player when they begin playing in the Matchday.”

(per the rules on the site. Maybe give them a look? … https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/help/guidelines)
Seen that wise fella :lol:
But neither clicking on Trippier (locked player), or Pavard (unlocked player) allows a switcheroo.

The site can't be sharp enough to have recognised the England game has finished.

paulscholes18

Hmm. Both my England boys show as locked, as do the 2 Dutch - who are playing now.
But none of my unlocked players have any actions on them to transfer - only to captain.
Don't know what to suggest as it's letting me sub on Cancelo for Trippier.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't know what to suggest as it's letting me sub on Cancelo for Trippier.
Bloody hell I've found the answer. :lol:

My screen display only shows the captain option....and scrolling down only moves the background, not the pop up with the player details on!
But shrinking the size to 80% and I see the full options of sub/transfer etc.
Blooming heck :wenger::drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does feel slightly worrying to see my total of 5 points go down to 4 with that sub though :houllier::nervous:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
“However, you are able to sub out a locked player from your lineup for an unlocked player on your bench. If you do this, you will lose the points for the subbed out player from your team score (this deduction will be applied when the next fixture in the Matchday commences). You will receive the points for your subbed in player when they begin playing in the Matchday.”

(per the rules on the site. Maybe give them a look? … https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/help/guidelines)
Can confirm. It let me sub off Trippier.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Lot of people put Dutch players in the 'template' teams and they've been poor.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I clicked on Tripper and option to “sub out”

(edit, just seen follow up post. You must work in I.T?)
It certainly almost caught me out. Yet oddly didn't the other day. I realise now it's the difference in resolution between my laptop (used today) and monitor (used the other day!)

More importantly...Dutch cleany :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lot of people put Dutch players in the 'template' teams and they've been poor.
All gagged to get Berjwin in (that's a close enough spell), then remembering he's that ultra average ex Tottenham guy.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It would appear that the game has fixed a few bugs including the hack to get a bigger budget.

I'm glad personally as it would totally ruin the game for everyone.

Nickosaur

Is this like the Euros, when you sub all your bench players in for a player that has blanked?

Can I do that for all four subs on my bench?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is this like the Euros, when you sub all your bench players in for a player that has blanked?

Never played the euros, but yeah in this one you can sub players after they have played.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Yeah you can still do that but it's worth waiting till the last minute as you could do it for a player who gets 1 Pt and then another gets sent off for example.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have Messi, Martinez and Di Maria, so this is a frustrating watch seeing so many goals offside. Just hold the run!

If Messi as cap stays on one goal it'd be the ultimate risk to switch captain to Mbappe.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Have Messi, Martinez and Di Maria, so this is a frustrating watch seeing so many goals offside. Just hold the run!

If Messi as cap stays on one goal it'd be the ultimate risk to switch captain to Mbappe.
Same.

I'm seriously considering changing captain to Neymar or Mbappe (12th man).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Same.

I'm seriously considering changing captain to Neymar or Mbappe (12th man).
I think we all expected a 5 niller here. Probably should have been if a couple of players could hold their runs!!

Difficult to switch off a goalscoring cap.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The budget hack is still working btw.

Awful game. So many issues with this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
France concede to Oz. Mbappe lashes over from 5 yards out.
3 Argie forwards get 1 goal in total v Saudi.
Triple England defence manage to concede 2 to Iran.

What the heck is going on here?

I don't even understand what this hack thing is.

Someone explain it in idiot proof terms?

I have just Neymar (12th man) and KDB to play in my starting line-up, with one Croatia defender on the bench untouched. Anything I can wangle out of that with my 2 transfers?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I have Mbappe 12th man and to see him miss that open goal was painful.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have Mbappe 12th man and to see him miss that open goal was painful.
Relax bossman. Goal and assist to actually give some of us some points after a few mickey takes so far.
NOW can regret not switching Messi over, but that would have been risky.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Relax bossman. Goal and assist to actually give some of us some points after a few mickey takes so far.
NOW can regret not switching Messi over, but that would have been risky.
Was about to come post. Good returns from the ninja turtle.

Think I will wc next match day and bring him in, he's looking in great form.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was about to come post. Good returns from the ninja turtle.

Think I will wc next match day and bring him in, he's looking in great form.
Still trying to work out how the hack would work.

There's one annoying guy in our league who refuses to do the premier game, yet rolls in for these tournaments and usually gets top 3.
Would like to stick it to him, in a friendly way and that.

But any hack tips would go down well.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Still trying to work out how the hack would work.

There's one annoying guy in our league who refuses to do the premier game, yet rolls in for these tournaments and usually gets top 3.
Would like to stick it to him, in a friendly way and that.

But any hack tips would go down well.
I'm not aware of what the hack is to be fair. I don't think a lot of people understand the basic rules as they think it's the same as FPL. I have people in my work league who don't seem to know you can sub players, ofcourse I've kept quite :lol:

Dudu

Confusing as hell rules
Points rule changes mid way
Budget hacks

What a rubbish game.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not aware of what the hack is to be fair. I don't think a lot of people understand the basic rules as they think it's the same as FPL. I have people in my work league who don't seem to know you can sub players, ofcourse I've kept quite :lol:
It doesn't help that they've changed the rules from how this game always worked - i.e. keep changing captain to someone who hasn't played yet. Now it's just one change per round once someone's played.

The transfers seem a bit confusing too. The only point seems to be if you see your player isn't in the line-up.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It doesn't help that they've changed the rules from how this game always worked - i.e. keep changing captain to someone who hasn't played yet. Now it's just one change per round once someone's played.

The transfers seem a bit confusing too. The only point seems to be if you see your player isn't in the line-up.
Agree, I don't think it's been well thought out.

On a different note, you can't make transfers for the next match day until Friday, but that doesn't leave much time if you are in the UK for example and there is a 10am kick off. Even more difficult when you are going to wildcard.

Not sure why they don't let us setup the next match day now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agree, I don't think it's been well thought out.

On a different note, you can't make transfers for the next match day until Friday, but that doesn't leave much time if you are in the UK for example and there is a 10am kick off. Even more difficult when you are going to wildcard.

Not sure why they don't let us setup the next match day now.
Trying to work out how the wildcard efficiency works. You can apparently play it week 2 and in effect get a wildcard team for that week and 3.
Is it simply make all changes fri morn, then make all the changes after all games played again?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really should have subbed my Croatia defender in! Doh.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@Sandikan are you keeping the armband on Messi?

I have Neymar playing tomorrow mulling whether I should swap captain.