World Cup Betting Thread

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
If Uruguay had won :drool:
Had Uruguay in a treble but England fecked it up after that anyway so wasn't too annoyed. (Though I was at the time...)

I've been making profits, but I've always made stupid bets that take me back to where I started with. I think I'm £50 up on the World Cup, which I'm of course chuffed about as profit is profit. But I had an excellent start yesterday with the Swiss-Ecuador game, and then I did well in the France-Honduras game and then I put a decent amount on Aguero to score anytime and Dzeko to score anytime and it cancels out my good work previously.

Feel I need to change something somehow.

For example today, I feel today will be hard. Not sure whether to back BTTS or Germany to win or over 2.5 goals at all. I feel it'll be a dodgy game.
Can't get too upset, as you say profit is profit. Germany match is a tough call I think, I'm leaning towards the draw because I'm not as impressed by their injury-hit side that most are but I'll probably just avoid it completely.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
If you're finding it difficult to decide, you should just leave it.

The France game had some obvious bets though like, Clean sheet, -1, Benzema goal and France to win, France/France (which was tight in the end) and over 2.5 goals.
I don't see any clear bets today tbh.

gaz1185

For example today, I feel today will be hard. Not sure whether to back BTTS or Germany to win or over 2.5 goals at all. I feel it'll be a dodgy game.
I fancy Germany - Portugal & Ghana - USA both over 2.5 goals and Iran - Nigeria under 2.5 goals today.

Also Emenike for Nigeria (might need to check if he starts due to fitness) is currently 2-1 at PaddyPower to score any time, crazy odds for last years ACN top scorer against Iran.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Germany-Portugal is bound to be the first draw

1-1 @ 7/1
Podolski to score any time @ 4/1

Waitey

Got a free £5 from Messi scoring last night, put it on:

Draw - Ger v Por
Nigeria
BTTS - USA V Ghana

Jagga7

The France game had some obvious bets though like, Clean sheet, -1, Benzema goal and France to win, France/France (which was tight in the end) and over 2.5 goals.
Totally agree with this. When I first started to sports bet I would want bet on every game but its just a sure fire way of losing money.

Cantonarightboot

done a double for later on, Germany & US of A, €10 for €60!

Also doing a smaller dual forecast bet

Spain / Holland
Germany / Portugal
Argentina / Bosnia
Russia / Belguim

€10 for €135! :)

cyberman

IMO the red card makes these bets look great in hindsight
With 40 mins gone these bets wouldn't have looked half as enticing
Not as clear as is made out

Ole90+3

Actually can't quite believe this.

Anyone who still fancies Bosnia to qualify, you can get them at 2.48 at marathonbet.com

Most of the other bookies have them around 1.85.

Just stuck £100 on them. They look more than capable of beating Nigeria and Iran quite comfortably.

They're midfield will completely control the games.

cyberman

Edit: reply to iboss

Yes bit it was a dirty, physical game.
If it was 11 v 11, and the way the game was going, the French could've become frustrated and angry and we wouldn't know how they'd react. Even after scoring the first.
2nd place is up for grabs, theres no point in Houndoras opening up and risking conceding more thus ruining their goal difference.
Anyway, over 3.5 yellow cards was an absolute steal last night.
The mortgage went on that

Ole90+3

Wouldn't suprise me entirely if Bosnia won it to be honest.

They look like a kind of team who are capable of doing so.

Seem to be very strong throughout the whole team.

Defence was very impressive last night, and they way they went all out attack at times after going 2-0 down was commending considering the opposition.

Cantonarightboot

Wouldn't suprise me entirely if Bosnia won it to be honest.

They look like a kind of team who are capable of doing so.

Seem to be very strong throughout the whole team.

Defence was very impressive last night, and they way they went all out attack at times after going 2-0 down was commending considering the opposition.

Definitely my dark horses for the WC, Got Dzeko as top scorer @50/1 E/W.

I expect they will win the other two group matches and get through, they most likely will then get France in the 2nd round, if they beat them its on to Germany probably... They've a tough route from the group....

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

Anyone who still fancies Bosnia to qualify, you can get them at 2.48 at marathonbet.com

Just stuck £100 on them. They look more than capable of beating Nigeria and Iran quite comfortably.

What's marathon bet like? Could void the bet if it's a mistake...

Ole90+3

It's not a mistake. They often have lines that are way off most bookies.

I've placed tons of bets so far with them this world cup.

They are really good so far, with some really nice markets i.e. goalscorers/team match ups.

They offer increased odds than all British bookmakers, with reduced juice.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Good stuff, I'll open up an account there today then and keep an eye out for more odds like that, nice arb opportunity.

Ole90+3

Bosnia are also 200/1 to win it at marathon.

Another great thing about marathon bet is their live betting (which has been extremely profitably so far this tournament) offers lines with reduced vig which is very unique here in the UK.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I find 2.48 realistic odds for their qualification. 1.85 seems way too low, they have, after all, still lost the opening game.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Another great thing about marathon bet is their live betting (which has been extremely profitably so far this tournament) offers lines with reduced vig which is very unique here in the UK.
I'm also a big fan of their simplistic look, no bloated garbage like so many other bookies look like.

Ole90+3

I find 2.48 realistic odds for their qualification. 1.85 seems way too low, they have, after all, still lost the opening game.
Yes, but wouldn't you expect Argentina to beat Nigeria and Iran. If they beat Nigeria by more than one goal then it is right in Bosnia's hands.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Iran get a point from tonight's game and I see Bosnia brushing aside both teams pretty comfortably.

Carter99

I havent placed a bet since the opening game.

I had 10 € on Croatia draw with Brasil on 1/7 and lost because of that dodgy referee.

Jambo037

Surely better to wait till after Iran v Nigeria. If one team wins wont the odds get longer on Bosnia to qualify?

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Ladbrokes just short changed me! Just got on a train and looked in my wallet, they only gave me £80, not £90. Bastards.

I was so pleased that I'd won for a change I just walked out and didn't think to count it...

Ole90+3

Surely better to wait till after Iran v Nigeria. If one team wins wont the odds get longer on Bosnia to qualify?
Because marathon had their odds so much higher than every one else, I had to jump on it immediately. Even if Nigeria win, I can't see the odds going over 2.48 at any of the bookies.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Could lay Bosnia to qualify at Betfair if you want to lock in a guaranteed profit. Depends how confident you are that they'll get through...

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Over 9 corners in the Germany Portugal game
Belgium win(vs Algeria)
Brazil win(vs Mexico)
Over 9 corners in the Brazil Mexico game
Nigeria -1 corner handicap
Belgium -2 corner handicap

Odds 22.4

Ady87

Germany v Portugal BTTS
Russia
Belgium

£14.00 returns £66.00.

Germany win and BTTS
Ghana
Nigeria

£10 returns £160.00

I missed Germany win BTTS at 10/3 and 7/2 and now it's 5/2 so if it comes when I finally bet on it I wont be happy!

Jambo037

William Hill offering 5/1 on Ronaldo to score anytime for NEW customers only. CBA to sign up but thought some might want it.

MJLD

Germany win and BTTS was 3/1 on Bet365 this morning, so I stuck a few quid on. Trying to see how far I can get having started out with £5 in my account. Going for too many long shots and random bets was ruining me!

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Treble of
Germany to win & BTTS
Nigeria win
USA v Ghana BTTS

Comes in at just under 19/1

Also put £25 on Nigeria at 2.2 on William Hill, think it's gone down since last night though

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It does amaze me how Nigeria aren't odds on to beat Iran. Maybe they are now, I'm not sure.

But maybe I'm just under-estimating Iran but Nigeria's squad seem a heck of a lot stronger.

I have an 81/1 accumulator going that started last night with Argentina. Now I need Germany to beat Portugal, Nigeria to beat Iran, Ghana to beat the US, Belgium to beat Algeria, Brazil to beat Mexico, Russia to beat South Korea and Netherlands to beat Australia.

Only a £1 but I'd say if I can get through today with correct results, then I'm on to a winner.

However the fact I only put a £1 on it reflects my confidence in tonight :lol: