World Cup punditry and commentator watch

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Terrible from Kilnsmann and the pathetic co pundits who didn't call him out on his BS. Like no European team has played rough or wasted time. Here's the video.

Not to mention he was the godfather of diving.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Terrible from Kilnsmann and the pathetic co pundits who didn't call him out on his BS. Like no European team has played rough or wasted time. Here's the video.

:lol:

This is so so bad from Klinsmann. What an idiot.

Sylar

Andros Townsend not afraid to change his mind based on new information. Refreshing. Said a player got the ball and then after seeing the replay said “no I’m completely wrong, deserved yellow”.
He's been good, he's been decent the few times I've heard him on TS too

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Certainly was…

acnumber9

Le Dixon trying to prove that the BBC don’t have a monopoly on shit commentators.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Le Dixon trying to prove that the BBC don’t have a monopoly on shit commentators.
He's the absolute anti McCoist - a guy who relays pure joy and privilege to watch any game.
Dixon is like early day Lawrenson, sounding like he's prefer to be anywhere else and it's all a bit of a strain.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

What a joke from Klinsmann and co, bad shout

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
And now you've got me imagining him in a barette with a glass of red wine in one hand while gesticulating wildly with the other. Which I suppose is fun.

Dr Foo

Jurgen Klinsmann - I hope he gets dismissed and then more.

Am backing and hoping Iran and the Asian sides to go far this tournament

Foxbatt

Quiroz has called him out. It was a good call too. Really stuck it into him. Klinsmann is a disgrace

Giggsyking

Disgusted but not surprised by the british media.

Ladron de redcafe

Is Klinsmann working for a British media channel? Stupid comment, either way, and I'm surprised nobody thought better to stop him in his tracks or disagree with his idiocy on the air.
Given his history of diving, we may as well say it's in Germany's "culture" to cheat, if we are to use his daft logic.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Is Klinsmann working for a British media channel? Stupid comment, either way, and I'm surprised nobody thought better to stop him in his tracks or disagree with his idiocy on the air.
Given his history of diving, we may as well say it's in Germany's "culture" to cheat, if we are to use his daft logic.
BBC.

Foxbatt

And people here defending Klinsmann? It's nothing to do with an odious regime. Klinsmann is not someone who doesn't speak English. He speaks in as well as anyone else. He not only spoke about Iranian team he also said about the referee saying that if it's another referee Wales would have won. And the BBC commentator saying that Iran was stretching the rules but not breaking it. What is wrong with that? So long as you don't break the rules the referee can't punish them. Even then it took VAR to get him to accept what everyone else saw that it was a red.
The Iranians hate their government but love their country.

Marwood

The guy introduced cheating to English football. More so than any other individual at least.

Amazed he gets pundit jobs with English broadcasters. Shows how lightly we treat cheating in the game.

Foxbatt

The guy introduced cheating to English football. More so than any other individual at least.

Amazed he gets pundit jobs with English broadcasters. Shows how lightly we treat cheating in the game.
Just listen to the BBC host. She pointed out that the assistant referees were from the Caribbean. And said with a European referee the results could have been different. Klinsmann agreed. If that's not discrimination then what is it?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just listen to the BBC host. She pointed out that the assistant referees were from the Caribbean. And said with a European referee the results could have been different. Klinsmann agreed. If that's not discrimination then what is it?
Not so much discrimination, more out of their depth?

The referee was AWFUL (for both sides not just Wales) and he let far too many bad tackles go.

I think what they're trying to say is he suffered with the pressure on and off the pitch. That's a fair thing to discuss in the heat of the moment IMO.

Josh 76

Good listen. Gary Lineker is a great story teller.

Constantly Wiping his nose gets annoying though!

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
The ref was shit though.

I mean....he really really was shit.

Last edited:

Red00012

Alan Shearer adding nothing to co commentary , I don’t think I’ll last until last time until I change to another channel for commentary

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Disgusted but not surprised by the british media.
Sorry, but i feel Carlos Queiroz is exaggerating way too much

The ref was garbage, for both sides, and what Klinsmann said was about the culture of talking the referee, the same thing that portuguese,spanish,Italian, and latinamerican players do all the time...as a chilean, i have to accept that southamerican players love to talk the referee and intimidate him to get something in favor, it's worse even in Copa Libertadores and Conmebol WC qualifiers.

Klinsmann is stupid cause that was poorly worded, but Queiroz goes on Algebra and persian culture when Klinsmann was just talking the football culture of talking to the referee.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Alan Shearer adding nothing to co commentary , I don’t think I’ll last until last time until I change to another channel for commentary
I don't mind him as much as most of the alternatives. He offers all the insight of a bloke down the pub of course, but at least he's fairly laid back and light-hearted and isn't actively detracting from what's going on.

I'll take him over Keown and Jenas constantly spinning moronic kneejerk narratives or Danny Murphy treating us to 90 minutes of whingeing and misery.

Sylar

I don't mind him as much as most of the alternatives. He offers all the insight of a bloke down the pub of course, but at least he's fairly laid back and light-hearted and isn't actively detracting from what's going on.

I'll take him over Keown and Jenas constantly spinning moronic kneejerk narratives or Danny Murphy treating us to 90 minutes of whingeing and misery.
Yeah shearer is non offensive. Which makes him better than a lot we've heard so far

cyberman

I’ve grown to like Shearer on commentary. He doesn’t make grand statements like Carragher and Neville do. It’s the football on the field that does the talking

Jacko21

Sorry, but i feel Carlos Queiroz is exaggerating way too much

The ref was garbage, for both sides, and what Klinsmann said was about the culture of talking the referee, the same thing that portuguese,spanish,Italian, and latinamerican players do all the time...as a chilean, i have to accept that southamerican players love to talk the referee and intimidate him to get something in favor, it's worse even in Copa Libertadores and Conmebol WC qualifiers.

Klinsmann is stupid cause that was poorly worded, but Queiroz goes on Algebra and persian culture when Klinsmann was just talking the football culture of talking to the referee.
I'd be the first to call someone out on this kind of thing, but I think Klinsmann's comments have been misconstrued somewhat. The mistake Klinsmann made was using the word 'culture' in reference to a national team - because in this context it has different connotations, can be interpreted differently etc.

If somebody said... "Diego Simeone has instilled a 'culture' at Atletico Madrid", people would understand what is meant by that.

Although it probably didn't help that Klinsmann also had a dig at Querioz by bringing up his previous jobs!

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Look up Franny Lee.
Diving in England before Klinnsmann was even a footballer.

Smacky The Frog

That Klinsmann clip is worse than I thought it would be based on the quotes I'd read and I thought the quotes were pretty bad. Firstly, that's some leading question from the host, who seemingly frees Klinsmann to go on his monologue about Iran's culture (of cheating) which is bad enough as it is, but the way he goes in on Quieroz's career for no reason (??) in between feels so weird and personal.

Chief123

He was absolutely woeful. He’s a shit pundit and an even worse co commentator.

Marwood

Look up Franny Lee.
Diving in England before Klinnsmann was even a footballer.
Yeah Franny Lee messed about but his antics didn't catch on did they?

Where as Klinssmanns diving was big news and was quickly copied on a widescale.