World Cup punditry and commentator watch

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Aluko's the worst pundit because she's so arrogant and sure of what she is saying despite being hilariously wrong (as her twitter outburst today shows) and McCoist is the worst commentator. I know I ranted about him already at the beginning of this thread but last night was unbearable. It was like he was glitching and just spouting all of these repeatedly throughout the game.

"Certainly"
"Absolutely"
"You have to say"
"Let me tell you"
"My initial reaction was..."
"Do you know something, [commentator's name]"
"He really does/it really is"
"One thing I would say is"
"100%"
"At this moment in time"
"I was just about to say"
"I cannot tell you how good that is"
"By the way *chuckles*"
"Dearie me"

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hal Robson-Kanu has been weirding me out and I couldn't tell why. Turns out his Twitter likes are/were full of right-wing 'paedo running the world' conspiracy theories.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Why’s he turning this into a sexism thing? She got called out for making a moronic comment in the exact same way Jenas or Souness do. This isn’t because she’s a woman ffs.
I think he was on about the people replying with something sexist which is common on Twitter

sugar_kane

It's probably been mentioned, but how tedious is it listening to the pundits this World Cup waxing lyrical about the superstars like Messi, Mbappe, Neymar every time they do even the most basic shit.

Danny Murphy sounded like he was practically edging during the last two Argentina games whenever Messi was near the ball.

I swear they must have decided to amp it up this year because I have never noticed it before to this extent.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Extra time of a World Cup knockout game, and John Hartson out of nowhere just starts moaning about how hard his job is, when he's done nowt at all but utter the most inane shite all game long. :lol:

Main commentator just moved swiftly on without acknowledging him.

SambaBoy

John Hartson

'Yep they've go the striker upfront who plays for PSG' referencing El-Nesyri who plays for Seville, instead of Hakimi. You could maybe overlook that as a genuine mistake.

10 minutes later, ball comes to Ziyech on his left foot and he decides not to shoot 'Ah you just feel if it was on his right foot rather than his left, he would have had a shot'. He's one of the most one footed players in the Prem. It's not even bad punditry, it's just laziness.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
John Hartson, Joe Cole, Aluko are woeful. Bin them off.

Steffa Barnesa

Ronaldo has to go out in a gracious way apparently, like legends of the past such as Zidane. What an example!

CallyRed

I think McCoist spent the most of that game with his hand down his pants waiting for Ronaldo to come on.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Dixon used to be alright, I don't know what's happened to him now. Sounds so miserable! Is he ok?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
On Joe Cole, he has some interview show on BT Sport and he’s so shit at it. He repeats ‘yeah, yeah, yeah’ constantly when whoever he is interviewing is talking.

Canuckred64

Don't watch the pundits much, only really concerned about the match. But female play by play commentators iratate me no end. It's like chalk on a blackboard. I don't care if they know what they are talking about and most do, but I dont want to hear it.

NoPace

Extra time of a World Cup knockout game, and John Hartson out of nowhere just starts moaning about how hard his job is, when he's done nowt at all but utter the most inane shite all game long. :lol:

Main commentator just moved swiftly on without acknowledging him.
Hartson might be the worst commentator around. He's dumb and unlikeable. Some announcers hit one, but rare to hit the Lawrenson double like that. He genuinely takes the fun out of the game.

Josh 76

Gary Neville not holding back on Ronaldo now. It’s nice to see.

Love to hear what Rio and Keane have to say about this now.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s probably the most expensive also, hence the reason he’s on his way home.
If he is the most expensive then it’s because he’s the best man for the job, Unlike that shit cnut Matterface. He shouldn’t be commentating full stop never mind being their lead commentator.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
ITV are a weird weird bunch. Clive is head and shoulders above so many of the commentators both BBC and ITV persist with.
Yeah, he’s still the best commentator around. His voice carries some weight and stands out compared to the bland and fairly forgettable voices on the circuit. Don’t quite understand ITV’s thinking.

Sweet Square

Shame Clive is going.

It’s surprising just how shite so many people are at commentating. Would rather have just the crowd noise instead of the likes of Jenas.

PieCrust

Having to listen to Alexi Lalas at 6 in the morning is a crime against humanity.