World Cup punditry and commentator watch

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

It’s actually been a very poor opening round if you take away the two massive shocks.
Agreed, it's been a poor world cup so far bar three games.

Terry and Keys are both bellends anyway.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Agreed, it's been a poor world cup so far bar three games.

Terry and Keys are both bellends anyway.
It's been grand. People always forget how average or crap many of the first round games are in every world cup. At least we have had a few shocks and some very good performances as well.

Gopher Brown

John Terry of course keen to JuSt FoCus oN tHE FoOtBaLl!!1! It must be like a survival instinct for him…

Oh, and who owns beIN sports again…?
Leave him alone, he hasn’t been blessed with a brain which can focus on more than one thing at a time.

That’s why he often suffocates when he eats

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
His contract with BBC was not renewed, effectively sacked after such a long career commentating not just football but rowing at the Olympics. I complained to the BBC and they said that they wanted to appeal to younger audience.
Lots of people disliked him because he was too honest. But I thought he was great and treated extremely badly by the BBC.
Anyway. Good to hear that I was not alone.
Agreed Green is a superb commentator and was treated appallingly.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's been grand. People always forget how average or crap many of the first round games are in every world cup. At least we have had a few shocks and some very good performances as well.
This for sure it's been pretty much the same as every other in terms of football. The only place it's lacking is atmosphere in the stands.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Martin Tyler is sounding like a 77 year old man at this tournament while calling games for Aussie audiences.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I guess at 70 that's not the worst thing that come happen to you, but yeh, I miss his honesty: especially when the game was awful and he dared to say so!
Is he 70. Did not realise that. As you say he was too honest for his own good.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

It’s actually been a very poor opening round if you take away the two massive shocks.
If John Terry says "blue", you know the answer is either "red" or "September". Utter bellend - always has been

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I think of all the pundits ect… Alexi Lalas is the one I can’t stand each and every time he opens his mouth. He talks to his fellow ex American players as if he is the elder statesmen and a legend meanwhile all the ex players were twice the player he ever was.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
ITV's way of giving the England line-up after coming back from (yet another) ad break was embarrassing and cringey

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Aluko is a shockingly bad pundit. Was terrible in the coverage of the Dutch game.

Dan_F

I’d rather listen to the majority of the ITV pundits and commentary. Give me Ian Wright, Keane, Neville, Tyldsley, McCoist etc over Shearer, Jenas, Murphy any day.
This studio line up is quality :cool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Aluko is a shockingly bad pundit. Was terrible in the coverage of the Dutch game.
After Wales drew their opener she for some reason said Bale should be rested for the Iran game! Absolutely inexplicable.

T_Model101

What did they have to say against England?
Aluko going on about how we can't dictate change of pace in Qatar in regard to LGBT rights was bizarre.
"Progress is being made".....

T_Model101

Souness probably my favourite pundit so far, he just dominates discussion like a disgruntled grandad
Hal Robson Kanu I feel comes across well, very well spoken, especially compared to the rest of the Welsh lot
Bale talking earlier about Kieffer Moore probably flattening him for saying he's a big softie
Bizarre alpha male territory in that dressing room

Jamesh

McCoist and maybe Keane, but never seen so many unqualified people talking about football. Dion Dublin should be on Homes under the Hammer, Jenas on the One Show and the rest of them in the celebrity jungle with the rest of the halfwits. G Nev thinking he's raising human rights awareness with Keys & Gray FFS! What happened to the old pros that wore suits like Des Lynam and Brian Moore etc haha.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Lee Dixon “he’s focusing on his football” comment about Rashford wasn’t necessary.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Stephen Warnock was again excellent on 5Live - I wonder why the TV haven't thought of "promoting" him. It shows, you don't always have to have been an elite player to know what you are talking about and talk sense. On the telly, Gary Nev showing why he's Sky's top man.

On the flip side, I don't get the "love" here for Ian Wright and for those of you praising McCoist, clearly you've never tuned into Kelvin MacKenzie Radio

CallyRed

Stephen Warnock was again excellent on 5Live - I wonder why the TV haven't thought of "promoting" him. It shows, you don't always have to have been an elite player to know what you are talking about and talk sense. On the telly, Gary Nev showing why he's Sky's top man.

On the flip side, I don't get the "love" here for Ian Wright and for those of you praising McCoist, clearly you've never tuned into Kelvin MacKenzie Radio
Stephen Warnock? Another Scouser is all we need on our screens. The man who also once said RedStar Belgrade had a team full of part timers and that Klopp had brought "Gangnam Style" press to Liverpool.

RoyH1

Why does the country that have the world the game of football have such terrible pundits? Is it hiring practices, culture or smart strategy by the media companies to generate faux outrage.

Mindhunter

Here in India, we have Louis Figo and Wayne Rooney as studio pundits. No surprises. They are earning tons of Mukesh bhai’s money to spew platitudes while looking sleep deprived throughout the tournament. Even an amoeba will be more exciting to watch.

The poor anchor tries his best to get some interesting snippets by probing them but they come across as schoolboys sitting in front of their principal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Andros Townsend not afraid to change his mind based on new information. Refreshing. Said a player got the ball and then after seeing the replay said “no I’m completely wrong, deserved yellow”.