World Cup Video Diary Part 2

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
No MPC...It's done on Logic 6...It's a Louis Armstrong sample with an augmented beat from Amy Winehouse's "You know I'm no good". The strings are cut up from bits of a soundtrack album from the 40s and the end bar high pitched vocal bit (which is the end of that vid and the end of the chorus on the tune) is from an opera vinyl (of which the name escapes me)..and then everything else is me playing instruments yeah (piano, bass, guitar etc).

And I'm glad you like it...it's one of my favorites....which is why I'm using it.:nervous:...I'm building up to using it for a music vid (like the england song)..probably a rapping one.

Here's a link to the instrumental. (Sorry that last one was .wav...this is the mp3)

Beers Of A Clown Ext..mp3.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

solvista

Shawshank redemption
'nother good video Pie-man, though at around 1:39 you spelt Uruguay as Uraguay, which is the wrong spelling.

On reflection do you still rank it as the worst England performance you've ever seen? I can think of maybe Macedonia at Old Trafford as another one, I struggle to think of many more. It was terrible, and I don't know why we keep persisting with Heskey. I personally would go 451 next game, Rooney up on his own being supported by Cole and Lennon. Though Joe Cole doesn't seem to be in Capello's favour for some reason, I was extremely surprised and annoyed he wasn't brought on.

I look forward to the next one. We're gonna thrash Slovenia in the next game and then face ze Germans in the last 16. I can feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes.
It was a subliminal message aimed at you. Uragay.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
That's a heavy tune there Mockers mi old legend.

If you ever feel like sticking it up on Soundcloud at any point I've a few buddies would be well interested in that, the likes of Stickybuds, Nick Thayer, A Skillz, Basement Freaks and especially Fat Harry would be all over that.

Mockney

I don't really know what any of that means TD...but the answer is yes...do what you want with it. Exposure is exposure...it's all about getting it out there man, it's not about the money you know...(unless they don't like it, in which case I'll boo them, or claim they aren't loyal...or something)

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
We should be PMing this as I'm detracting from the great vid but this is my last post before bed so what the hell.

Soundcloud is where you went to download my mix last week. Now I could put it up on my page under your name no problem but it's free and easy to set up your own page where you can upload future tunes aswell (up to 2 hours of tunes under the free basic package). It's a good site for getting exposure for your music, everything would be there on the one page and you are given 100 downloads ie 100 people can download your song before you have to re-up it again. People can leave comments, PM you and you can see stats on who's been checking you out. I got a hit from Greenland !!

Welcome - SoundCloud

madhed

Top soundtrack mockney. Really good as well to look into the nightlife that you captured,look's like a party mate !
Your echoing exactly what I've been sayin regarding the game friday. Before the cup I really felt as though Capello could be the man to lead our team to victory.Im sure some of his second half statistics were up there.It seemed to me in the lead up to the cup that,whenever things weren't working in the first half of games and we were having trouble breaking down team's or something just tactically wasn't working,he would go in at the half and address those issues no problem. It seems as though to me he's getting it all wrong out there. like you said,SWP for Lennon ? Lennon wasn't having a bad game,It was tactically our game wasn't working and swapping somebody like for like wasn't going to change that. Frustrating to say the least.
On the brighter side,I don't think we played too badly,Algeria just played better and wanted it more. They were marking tight and playing a high midfield pushing us back. Stone the crows if they weren't playing like they were in the world feckin cup.
Well from now on thats what were in,we now know what we need to do and thats win 5 games. If some decisions don't get made earlier in the next game should we need em,THENI'll be feckin kickin shit outta the pram.

COME ON ENGLAND !

hungrywing

I don't really know what any of that means TD...but the answer is yes...do what you want with it. Exposure is exposure...it's all about getting it out there man, it's not about the money you know...(unless they don't like it, in which case I'll boo them, or claim they aren't loyal...or something)
This will go on your tombstone after hotel security finds you buried under a termite-mound of premium grade cocaine.

Jammy

10k Spammer Award!
Can someone link me up to part 1 please.

B Cantona

Desperate
Good stuff Mockers. Hopefully you learnt from the Stevie G debacle of episode 1... or perhaps he just didn't do anything worthy of a pally mention this time

btw you drink like a queer

Me too!

oleonenumber20

I swear I saw you on TV filming the game, I thought who goes to a game a spends most of it looking through a lens!?

But fair play I'm loving these reports, good to a decent fans point of view

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
you were singing the national anthem acapello? :smirk:

no wonder the players got angry then... :smirk:

hmm

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Enjoyed that - thanks.

BTW, you have a talent in vid editing. You should circulate these to some production houses when you get back. PM me if you want to and need some contacts.

Mockney

Cheers again all...

you were singing the national anthem acapello? :smirk:

no wonder the players got angry then... :smirk:

hmm
The worst thing is, I hate our national anthem with a passion...it's easily the worst one out here. Even North Korea has a better anthem, all about the people and the greatness of the country. Ours is all about how an imaginary deity should make sure a redundant monarch is alright more than anything else...I cringe when I have to sing it, but sing it never the less I do.

I think we should petition it to be changed once the queen pops it

Bread

Cheers again all...

The worst thing is, I hate our national anthem with a passion...it's easily the worst one out here. Even North Korea has a better anthem, all about the people and the greatness of the country. Ours is all about how an imaginary deity should make sure a redundant monarch is alright more than anything else...I cringe when I have to sing it, but sing it never the less I do.

I think we should petition it to be changed once the queen pops it
If that happens you know there will be facebook campaighn to make the vengaboys out national anthem

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Can you imagine footballs and fans stood with hand on heart singing "BOOM BOOM BOOM, I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM!!"
Better than the current one.

And since when do footballs sing?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Mike I listened to that Radiohead concert the other day. Paranoid Android should be our National Anthem. Or Let Down, that would be more apt.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Mike I listened to that Radiohead concert the other day. Paranoid Android should be our National Anthem. Or Let Down, that would be more apt.
You don't think 'The National Anthem' would be the most apt of all?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Very nice Mockney. I have a different opinion regarding what is appropriate for fans to criticize but I still think you did a top job with that. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
A good watch mockney, the segway bit was great but I really enjoy the few from the fans. Great to see the flags, the enthusiasm and the cheering/groans of agony which you can hear/see on the tele.

keep up the great work, its much appreciated.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
It all seems so effortless, I prefer watching that following the games than James Corden's programme.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Both Video Diaries are nothing short of brilliant music, feel for the experience, and commentary.

As always, Mockney scores huge with a fluent description of a day in football.

*As for the first video ~ not so sure your side 'deserved' the win, but that's neither here nor there on this thread. Pure praise on a great job. thanks:cool:

Mockney

Great to see the flags, the enthusiasm and the cheering/groans of agony which you can hear/see on the tele.
Could you hear them on the tele? ...what were the vuvus like that game? from inside the stadium they seemed quieter than in the other match, almost like we'd beaten them with our singing...or our incredibly dour performance (probably the latter)

Peasplease

Could you hear them on the tele? ...what were the vuvus like that game? from inside the stadium they seemed quieter than in the other match, almost like we'd beaten them with our singing...or our incredibly dour performance (probably the latter)
Vuvuzelas in that match and the USA match prior where relatively quiet. I actually thought the television coverage managed to block a lot of it out.

Mockney

Possibly...the fact we bring more fans than any other team (unofficially) and flood stadiums in WCs probably counts for a lot. There were also far less brits with them for this game...the novelty having worn sharply off I'd imagine.

Peasplease

Possibly...the fact we bring more fans than any other team (unofficially) and flood stadiums in WCs probably counts for a lot. There were also far less brits with them for this game...the novelty having worn sharply off I'd imagine.
Yeah that sounds about right. My theory was proven conclusively wrong when the next matches had the vuvuzelas in full stride.