Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

Simbo

I'm not coming back to this bloody time sucker. I was 11 when I first started playing, pretty much since the start, best game I've ever played no doubt and one which pretty much shaped where I am today thanks to language immersion but I know that once I start playing this shit again, I just won't stop.
Same, quite proud of myself that I've avoided it cos I know what I'm like, I was mega hyped for this at one point, I'd of shut everything else out. Prioritising other healthier things at the moment!

I'm still a gamer though so I'll have a dabble at some point no doubt, when the queues have died off.

jungledrums

I'm not coming back to this bloody time sucker. I was 11 when I first started playing, pretty much since the start, best game I've ever played no doubt and one which pretty much shaped where I am today thanks to language immersion but I know that once I start playing this shit again, I just won't stop.
Surely you’re less prone to wow addiction now as an adult? I don’t even have bloody time to get addicted to this game again like I was age 12 :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Surely you’re less prone to wow addiction now as an adult? I don’t even have bloody time to get addicted to this game again like I was age 12 :lol:
I genuinely don't want to test my resolve. My dickhead brother who's 31 now is playing it again, or more like waiting in queues. Thankfully enough his wee lad will be one to supervise his playing time when he shits himself or needs feeding.

Ralaks

Spent 20 hours on Firemaw from launch but those queues are making our group reroll on Noggenfrogger instead.

Queues were upwards of 700 minutes and people kept getting random DCs and were thrown to the back of the line

Last night i swore i couldnt do it again after like 10 hours or so in Darkshore but now after some sleep and work my body is ready again

Kaos

I'll have to give it a go.
Just be patient with it. The global cooldown is slower so the first 20 or so levels are going to feel slow until you start to learn more class abilities to weave in.

Definitely worth the patience though, I still think it has the best PVE dungeons and raids if that’s your thing.

JP77

2 hour wait to get in so far and at 1250 in the queue it tells me the realm is now full :lol:

Did a 10 mile bike ride with the missus and kids earlier and they're now all in bed relaxing and I thought "get in there I'm gonna get to.play". Got to be up at half 5 for work. I'm barely getting to play tonight after all am I :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
2 hour wait to get in so far and at 1250 in the queue it tells me the realm is now full :lol:

Did a 10 mile bike ride with the missus and kids earlier and they're now all in bed relaxing and I thought "get in there I'm gonna get to.play". Got to be up at half 5 for work. I'm barely getting to play tonight after all am I :lol:
Should've put yourself in the queue before you went on that bike ride ;)

Castia

Seeing screenshots on reddit of full scale war happening in the Tarren Mill area.....my god does it look epic. This is why people play classic.

sebsheep

This was my realm last night. And people mock RP servers!

I came to brag about helping to kill an alliance rogue with res sickness last night, think I'll just slowly back out of the room.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seeing screenshots on reddit of full scale war happening in the Tarren Mill area.....my god does it look epic. This is why people play classic.
The beauty is that the modern day servers can cope with huge wars now without melting. It’s more likely to melt our PCs.

I had a pug world boss on retail the other day and 4 other 40 man teams were nuking the boss. I went down to 20fps but the server coped just fine.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
@Kostur it's fecking amazing, just do it!

Loving every second of it!
People buffing random passers by, giving away greens, bags and enchants to people for free.
Wow has become a multiplayer game again.

Kostur

海尔的老板
@Kostur it's fecking amazing, just do it!

Loving every second of it!
People buffing random passers by, giving away greens, bags and enchants to people for free.
Wow has become a multiplayer game again.
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

sebsheep

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.
How will Mankrik find his wife if you don't join the adventure? Do you want him to live on never knowing?

sebsheep

The Crescent Staff from the Wailing Caverns quest. :drool:
Picked that quest up before for me and the wife, we're level 19 at the moment so will be doing the dungeon later on, and we have all the quests apart from the one you pick up just above Wailing Caverns itself. That staff is amazing at this level.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm making an alliance dude on Mirage Raceway. Not in yet though, since people seem to be cutting the queue line. I went from 20th to 140th. Good thing it's been telling me I will be in within 1 minute for half an hour.

sebsheep

He'll be consumed by hatred :(
:lol::lol:

I have the quests from him in my log. Some of the most remembered ones, along with the standard zhevras lacking in hooves and looking at corpses of plainstriders wondering why I can't take their beaks. I suppose at least all the raptors seem to have heads.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Lively debate in Loch Modann about the increase in Axe-crime due to dwarven immigrants in Stormwind.

Never change WoW :lol:

Simbo

Ok I'm bro g tempted in. No idea what server to pick though.
Ive enjoyed playing on an rppvp server in the past, but theres only one and it looks mega busy. Looks like theres 2 new servers with no queues but dont wanna end up on a completely dead server if theres any danger of that? Think I want somewhere in the middle that isn't like the German national server or whatever.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Ive enjoyed playing on an rppvp server in the past, but theres only one and it looks mega busy. Looks like theres 2 new servers with no queues but dont wanna end up on a completely dead server if theres any danger of that? Think I want somewhere in the middle that isn't like the German national server or whatever.
Me & Grylte are on the rppvp server.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Im on nethergarde keep, since mirage was too busy. It's pve though, bit my mates are there so.

Grylte

I've seen many talk about "dead server" every time i talk about my server, that did not have 6-8 hours queue time.
It's just silly, read there were like 150k just in queues in Europe one day. 150k. Server's not going to be dead in a while.
Also read that medium pop server no, has 6-8X as many as high pop back in classic. - Big chance numbers aren't accurat, but there's A LOT more people playing on each server, without a doubt.
And people love it. I'm sure very many will try to do the raids, and pvp, and we'll atleast keep classic doing fine for a couple years. Private servers were pretty crowded for about 10 years, so people like this game, and will stay.

Simbo

OK, rolling on Zandalar then as there's no queue, Horde druid :)

sebsheep

Any alliance scum on pvp servers should really be posting their server and character name so that horde players can make them see the error of their ways.

Simbo

awfully quiet in Mulgore, not sure if thats they layering or just cos nobody is playing Tauren!

Grylte

Any alliance scum on pvp servers should really be posting their server and character name so that horde players can make them see the error of their ways.
I'm Plix, awesome and cute female gnome mage <3

awfully quiet in Mulgore, not sure if thats they layering or just cos nobody is playing Tauren!
Was probably over crowded the first couple days, probably nice to lvl now without waiting in line for stuff.
Might even not be that horrible in Barrens either.

sebsheep

I levelled a bit on an orc warrior earlier, it was much easier than the first couple of days after launch. It puts you behind the curve for the starting bit, but you no longer have to wait 15 minutes every time you need to kill a specific mob or loot certain items.

I'm Plix, awesome and cute female gnome mage <3

I'll draw up the bounty poster.

Castia

Slipped behind my mates after being busy for a few days and then back to work monday!

Currently level 25 and still loving it.