Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m back in. No idea how much I will commit to it but potentially for the first time since I first played 10 years ago, I might be able to enjoy content as it’s released.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone playing tonight? :)

I turn into a fecking nerd when this launches. Took the next couple of days off work
Our TS is full, our leveling groups are ready, and the race for 5m gold shall soon begin :D It's gonna be fun.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
2 hours after launch, no-one can get online.

Good launch.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
There's a vanilla wow Caf clan? :o

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
There's a vanilla wow Caf clan? :o
Oh... i thought vanilla was released now too, but it's just the expansion.
Then i'll just wait with going back. *phew* don't have time for another round of wow right now :)

R'hllor

Dynamic music :drool:, it looks great art wise even on my potato PC, can imagine how its on better set ups. When it comes to game play, Blizz said how players will get used to GCD change, nope, my adaptation is still on zero and it pisses me off.

Castia

Loving the expansion so far.

I got my arms/fury warrior to 120 and have been busy running dungeons and world quests.

The zones and dungeons look amazing, Blizzard have done great with the visuals and music in BfA.

Currently at 329 ilvl and looking to push into mythics this week.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Dynamic music :drool:, it looks great art wise even on my potato PC, can imagine how its on better set ups. When it comes to game play, Blizz said how players will get used to GCD change, nope, my adaptation is still on zero and it pisses me off.
Gcd ramped down is good for newbie though. Less skill gap between pros and potatoes now.

Everything seems slow motion with the stat scaling. Gotta wait 3.5 sec for my big axe to swing

R'hllor

Gcd ramped down is good for newbie though. Less skill gap between pros and potatoes now.

Everything seems slow motion with the stat scaling. Gotta wait 3.5 sec for my big axe to swing
Its just clunky in general, played this game for long time as prot warrior main, since vanilla and this is 1st expansion where ability like Ignore Pain makes me to throw a monitor through window, wish they remove it all together. I had to remove Devastate almost completely out of rotation due GCD.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So, the "Classic" beta servers are up and it's released to WoW subscribers worldwide on 27/08/19.

I'm thinking of re-subbing for a little while just to check it out. I've got my eye on rolling a Troll Mage.

I'm sure I'll last about 2 hours and get sick of the corpse runs and never play it again.

Castia

I cant wait, im so sick of BfA.

I'll be playing classic until the next retail expansion is out thats for sure.

I played a warrior back in the day but I fancy a Shaman this time around.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m tempted to jump back in on it too. I don’t really want to spend £40 on a new expansion and subscriptions which is why I am always put off it though. :(

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I will never return to this fecking crack addiction of a video game. Also, what's the point of classic servers, woohoo Molten Core, big whoop.

Castia

I will never return to this fecking crack addiction of a video game. Also, what's the point of classic servers, woohoo Molten Core, big whoop.
Classic will be amazing, I honestly cant wait. An actual 40 man progression raid on MC? bring it on.

R'hllor

Maybe point is that certain section of players wanna play mmorpg.

R'hllor

Classic will be amazing, I honestly cant wait. An actual 40 man progression raid on MC? bring it on.
It wont be much of progression imo but pve end game isnt why certain section of players rather play classic than current ffa single player piece of shit called BFA.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
BFA is terrible. Such a huge lack of content. Everything you do is pointless and leads to nothing of value.

R'hllor

BFA is terrible. Such a huge lack of content. Everything you do is pointless and leads to nothing of value.
Thats a bit issue of retail WoW for me, players now playing content patches and not the game, with every new patch they kill old content. Only bright spark in Blizzard shit show are visual makers, they must feel really shitty to put their heart into creating some of best looking zones or dungeons just to watch clowns kill it and make those places so useless, that nobody gonna visit it again.

mitChley

Having played through Vanilla once is enough, no thanks. The grinding, ugh, carrying a bunch of useless people through a 40man raid, ugh ugh.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
That's a 50DKP minus for you.
I transfered servers just so I could join his guild Wipe Club on Boulderfist. Me and 3 other guys in the guild had our own separate ventrilo and every week we would cause a really stupid wipe in AQ40/Naxx and record Dives going ape shite. Not sure what happened to all the recordings but they will be somewhere.

Kaos

Is this pure vanilla ala 2004 WoW - or are there any enhancements to the combat system, UI, etc. I’d imagine they would have upgraded textures and animations but curious to see if that enough will have ensured its aged well.

Anyway if I had the time to kill on an MMORPG I’d just back to FF14.

Ekeke

Is this pure vanilla ala 2004 WoW - or are there any enhancements to the combat system, UI, etc. I’d imagine they would have upgraded textures and animations but curious to see if that enough will have ensured its aged well.

Anyway if I had the time to kill on an MMORPG I’d just back to FF14.
Theres changes and also no possible way to simulate vanilla wow. But its mostly aimed as the same, with a couple of extra things that werent in vanilla

Only thing I didnt do in Vanilla was 4 bosses in Naxx so it doesnt seem worth it to play just for that. But I did just get the beta so maybe I'll see if the levelling feels as tedious as I remember it being

duffer

Scout
Theres changes and also no possible way to simulate vanilla wow. But its mostly aimed as the same, with a couple of extra things that werent in vanilla
Any idea what the changes are?

I can't imagine that i'll sink a ton of time into this (I don't play the current game anymore) but will certainly give it a go.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Any idea what the changes are?

I didn't play in vanilla (halfway through TBC but didn't reach max level until Wrath) so am really curious to see what it's like.

I can't imagine that i'll sink a ton of time into this (I don't play the current game anymore) but will certainly give it a go.
Very minimal stuff like they'll have "layering" which is basically sharding (phasing people in and out to reduce lag) for the launch and then take it away when less people are playing, grouping with people who arent on your server, etc

So basically a minimum of quality of life stuff, but its obviously not "no changes"

duffer

Scout
Very minimal stuff like they'll have "layering" which is basically sharding (phasing people in and out to reduce lag) for the launch and then take it away when less people are playing, grouping with people who arent on your server, etc

So basically a minimum of quality of life stuff, but its obviously not "no changes"
I'd personally not mind a few changes (updated graphics, auto loot) but can see issues with that "layering" thing.

I appreciate that when it is released it will be absolute carnage from a gameplay and system point of view (with 100s of players trying to wake up the same lazy peon and 1000s of people in the same area).

Ekeke

I'd personally not mind a few changes (updated graphics, auto loot) but can see issues with that "layering" thing.

I appreciate that when it is released it will be absolute carnage from a gameplay and system point of view (with 100s of players trying to wake up the same lazy peon and 1000s of people in the same area).
It will but, to me it kinda defeats the point. Either you want to play vanilla or you dont. But I probably dont either way so whatever :D

duffer

Scout
It will but, to me it kinda defeats the point. Either you want to play vanilla or you dont. But I probably dont either way so whatever :D
I don't want Vanilla, I want Classic!

If I wanted Vanilla I'd play it in 4:3, keyboard turn, click my spells and try to get on dial up internet!

Ekeke

I don't want Vanilla, I want Classic!

If I wanted Vanilla I'd play it in 4:3, keyboard turn, click my spells and try to get on dial up internet!
I only had the 4:3 out of those :lol:

The rest I had upgraded or learned to play in Planetside - Where the box said I could play it with 56k internet, but I bought it and it kept trying to do an update patch after I installed it. The connection kept dropping with the 56k, so the patch never completely finished and it would restart over and over meaning I never played on 56k. Many months later we got a 1mb connection and I was finally able to play. It still lagged.

Final Fantasy 11 where I may have clicked spells and keyboard turned, I dont remember tbh. I was excited about the game so I bought a US version off of Ebay and played with huge ping to JP servers as I dont believe they had NA ones at first. The game was coming out like a year later in EU so I didnt want to wait.

and Everquest 2 where there were like 16 classes right from release, but I found that nobody actually knew what the classes did. People would invite my Bard to group and then ask me to heal without any healing spells...

Before I even started with WoW in 2004. EQ2 and WoW I started playing with my very young brother, he was 5-6 years old and raided Molten Core with my first raiding guild and got himself a Perdition's Blade from Ragnaros.

So yeah, Vanilla Wow was not that difficult and compared to Final Fantasy 11 - where it would take 3 or so hours to find and English speaking party that wants to accept you, then take 3 or 4 days a week of 3-4 hour parties to get a level, it was also very casual.

Its a lot more hardcore than MMOs tend to be these days though

Kaos

I only had the 4:3 out of those :lol:

The rest I had upgraded or learned to play in Planetside - Where the box said I could play it with 56k internet, but I bought it and it kept trying to do an update patch after I installed it. The connection kept dropping with the 56k, so the patch never completely finished and it would restart over and over meaning I never played on 56k. Many months later we got a 1mb connection and I was finally able to play. It still lagged.

Final Fantasy 11 where I may have clicked spells and keyboard turned, I dont remember tbh. I was excited about the game so I bought a US version off of Ebay and played with huge ping to JP servers as I dont believe they had NA ones at first. The game was coming out like a year later in EU so I didnt want to wait.

and Everquest 2 where there were like 16 classes right from release, but I found that nobody actually knew what the classes did. People would invite my Bard to group and then ask me to heal without any healing spells...

Before I even started with WoW in 2004. EQ2 and WoW I started playing with my very young brother, he was 5-6 years old and raided Molten Core with my first raiding guild and got himself a Perdition's Blade from Ragnaros.

So yeah, Vanilla Wow was not that difficult and compared to Final Fantasy 11 - where it would take 3 or so hours to find and English speaking party that wants to accept you, then take 3 or 4 days a week of 3-4 hour parties to get a level, it was also very casual.

Its a lot more hardcore than MMOs tend to be these days though
Your whole post is a huge nostalgic throwback to my earlier MMO days.

Especially the whole Planetside -> SWG -> EQ2 -> WoW hopping.

Never bothered with ff11 but I did dabble with Vanguard, Neocron, Tabula Rasa and some others.

Ekeke

Your whole post is a huge nostalgic throwback to my earlier MMO days.

Especially the whole Planetside -> SWG -> EQ2 -> WoW hopping.

Never bothered with ff11 but I did dabble with Vanguard, Neocron, Tabula Rasa and some others.
I didnt try SWG and the only one I remember from those you listed was Tabula Rasa. I remember seeing it in a magazine or something back in 2005 when I was playing and working for EA Games (just as a network gaming tester). I thought it looked interesting and then never bothered to try it or see what happened to it. But I did think of it yesterday whilst playing wow :D So funny that you mention it