Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

Marcelinho87

I see. I was really asking if you did PvE, Open World PVP or BGs.

You're a filthy casual though, 170CP bloody 'ell. 1250 CP here :nervous:
I will be honest, bought the collectors edition at launch and played it for a month.... came back after 3 years for a couple of month then quit and then came back about 3 months ago until this week, decided I will now drop in and out of the game as the amount of content I have to do is overwhelming! Do love the game though now I stuck with it for a couple of months.

If I had somebody I could have played with I would probably stick with it longer.

And upto now I have only really done PVE.

MadMike

I will be honest, bought the collectors edition at launch and played it for a month.... came back after 3 years for a couple of month then quit and then came back about 3 months ago until this week, decided I will now drop in and out of the game as the amount of content I have to do is overwhelming! Do love the game though now I stuck with it for a couple of months.

If I had somebody I could have played with I would probably stick with it longer.
Yeah the content is now quite overwhelming.... I personally do feck all content, I stopped that about 2 years ago. Only very rarely if I need to farm some gear but since crafted and tradeable/overland gear is on par with bound drops from dungeons, so I don't do much of that either.

I've been spending 99% of time in the battlegrounds since. Strictly PvP action.

Marcelinho87

Yeah the content is now quite overwhelming.... I personally do feck all content, I stopped that about 2 years ago. Only very rarely if I need to farm some gear but since crafted and tradeable/overland gear is on par with bound drops from dungeons, so I don't do much of that either.

I've been spending 99% of time in the battlegrounds since. Strictly PvP action.
I should give it a go! Do enjoy the story though tbh it is quite well written.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Apparently blizzard are opening up free realm transfers on classic. Dare we dream of a red cafe guild? (Horde, obviously)

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Apparently blizzard are opening up free realm transfers on classic. Dare we dream of a red cafe guild? (Horde, obviously)
So you'd have me betray my band of fruit vendors?

sebsheep

Had a look and the transfers are to and from specific realms, with at most 2 realms to transfer from to 1 single realm.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've been playing for a week now and I'm level 13. Don't have as much time as I used to..

Why do random people who I happen to do a quest with, want to chat with me on discord though. Feck off.

sebsheep

I joined up and got to lvl 6 earlier, only went on for an hour...
The starting areas are a lot faster than at the launch, having to queue up for quest mobs/items was a pain.

I've been playing for a week now and I'm level 13. Don't have as much time as I used to..

Why do random people who I happen to do a quest with, want to chat with me on discord though. Feck off.
I seem to meet a lot more friendly people in general.
Discord seems to be a pretty popular thing for some people, my guild has moved into using it but you seem to get people (like myself) who are used to being in guilds on retail where nobody really talks in guild chat or does guild discords.
I did get added to someone's battlenet because I wasn't totally terrible in a Wailing Caverns run.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The starting areas are a lot faster than at the launch, having to queue up for quest mobs/items was a pain.

I seem to meet a lot more friendly people in general.
Discord seems to be a pretty popular thing for some people, my guild has moved into using it but you seem to get people (like myself) who are used to being in guilds on retail where nobody really talks in guild chat or does guild discords.
I did get added to someone's battlenet because I wasn't totally terrible in a Wailing Caverns run.
Ah, Im a friendly guy too. I always help out and make a bit of small talk. I just prefer doing it by keyboard.

Though I do sometimes receive mild hatred for tagging everyone's quest mobs. But I rolled hunter for a reason init.

sebsheep

Ah, Im a friendly guy too. I always help out and make a bit of small talk. I just prefer doing it by keyboard.

Though I do sometimes receive mild hatred for tagging everyone's quest mobs. But I rolled hunter for a reason init.
Oh, they wanted to voice chat with you on discord? Some guildies asked about that last night, I'm not too sure though, it's much easier to say daft things in chat than out loud to strangers.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'm a level 34 shammy now.

I was in hearthing and didn't notice a level 30 gnome warrior hacking at me until I was at about 25% health. A windfury proc later and he was in gnome heaven. A few of his mates then attacked me but I ghost wolfed the feck out of there, /waving as I tactically retreated.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

I was in hearthing and didn't notice a level 30 gnome warrior hacking at me until I was at about 25% health. A windfury proc later and he was in gnome heaven. A few of his mates then attacked me but I ghost wolfed the feck out of there, /waving as I tactically retreated.
We'll meet soon, my friend, your wf doesn't work against me ;)

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Am 20 now have been taking my time as I think this will be a long term game for me I'm in no rush. Got 4 quests in DM to do tomorrow which will help.

Need to be able to make portals soon to start making gold towards the mount though.

Grylte

Am 20 now have been taking my time as I think this will be a long term game for me I'm in no rush. Got 4 quests in DM to do tomorrow which will help.

Need to be able to make portals soon to start making gold towards the mount though.
Portals are lvl 40 i'm afraid...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Oh, they wanted to voice chat with you on discord? Some guildies asked about that last night, I'm not too sure though, it's much easier to say daft things in chat than out loud to strangers.
Not even guildies. Just a dude who invited me to a group in a cave, because it's easier to kill gobbos like that. First thing he says, got discord?

Why the feck would I want to voicechat with you weirdo.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not for me either. During TBC and WOTLK our guild was made up of real time friends so yeah we had a right laugh over Vent, since the guild went away though I've never used voice chat once and don't intend to start.

Grylte

I'm on that server and faction but not in that guild. I was for the first couple of days but the chat and discord is a bunch of morons trying hard to be edgy (nazi & homophobic stuff memes all over the place.).
Most alliance guilds have them on kill on sight, no matter level.

sebsheep

I'm on that server and faction but not in that guild. I was for the first couple of days but the chat and discord is a bunch of morons trying hard to be edgy (nazi & homophobic stuff memes all over the place.).
Oh wow, that's bad. Saw a bit of a stream with them having a mass battle in Hillsbrad Foothills, didn't realise they full of muppets.

duffer

Scout
Oh wow, that's bad. Saw a bit of a stream with them having a mass battle in Hillsbrad Foothills, didn't realise they full of muppets.
98% are cool and up for a laugh (including the guild leaders) and the other 2% are just trying too hard to be noticed. In a guild of 1000 though, a small percentage is noticeable.

SteveTheRed

This whole comment was like a big nostalgic slap in the face! I haven't played in 10-12 years and it just took me back . I would love to play the classic server again, I just couldn't find the time.

Grylte

One of their guild rules is to attack every Alliance they encounter so that's fair enough!
Most of the ones i have met, didn't follow that rule.
One even tried to hide :lol:

duffer

Scout
Most of the ones i have met, didn't follow that rule.
One even tried to hide :lol:
Their guild rules are deliberately over the top and "RP" a joke in all honesty. The guy who set up the guild is a pretty big WoW youtuber (Nixxiom) and is having a laugh but a few of the guild members are savages!

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Im playing in a pvprp server now. Its been funny and also helps me improve my english trying to sound like how a cow would speak english or something.

My main is a lvl 15 tauren hunter and i realized i need a bank character so created a lvl 1 orc. I then asked some random troll to help me get to orgrimmar and it was really funny how he treated me like i was a youngling. After we arrived i told him my tauren master will send him a reward. He was chuffed when i sent him a lvl 15 green axe. Hehe wholesome moments. Im glad classic is back :)

Grylte

Their guild rules are deliberately over the top and "RP" a joke in all honesty. The guy who set up the guild is a pretty big WoW youtuber (Nixxiom) and is having a laugh but a few of the guild members are savages!
Think people kinda like Nixxiom, but problem with streamers, are usually their followers.

About Gravediggers:
"Well there is the rumor, that their GM posts casually Hitler pics on Nixxioms offical discord."

duffer

Scout
Think people kinda like Nixxiom, but problem with streamers, are usually their followers.

About Gravediggers:
"Well there is the rumor, that their GM posts casually Hitler pics on Nixxioms offical discord."
I can confirm that rumour. There's loads of memes in their discord about them being the "bad guys" throughout history Inc the Nazis, Genghis Khan, Stalin, The British Empire, McDonalds, Starbucks and they have the Alliance as being the various victims.

They're certainly not Nazis, just playing up a role as the worst of the worst.

Simbo

Feels like half the faction is in that Gravediggers, see them everywhere.

Grylte

Yeah, last boss is often higher level, and you'll miss a lot.

Oldyella

I can confirm that rumour. There's loads of memes in their discord about them being the "bad guys" throughout history Inc the Nazis, Genghis Khan, Stalin, The British Empire, McDonalds, Starbucks and they have the Alliance as being the various victims.

They're certainly not Nazis, just playing up a role as the worst of the worst.
Yeah. Same faction and I have had the occasional spit emote from them.

Been running hunter so far and can't say I have enjoyed it too much. Stuck between changing now at lvl 32 before I sink more time or carrying on so not to have lost time so far.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
Other than my lingering mental scars from the Barrens, I have to say I'm really enjoying playing the game again. Been a bunch of years!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Some dude ran up to me in Loch Modan saying, please can you help. I don't know how to train my pet to learn taunt. So I explained and he was so grateful. Really didn't see this social stuff in retail anymore. I like it.

I did make him fork over all his copper in exchange for helping him of course.