Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Some dude ran up to me in Loch Modan saying, please can you help. I don't know how to train my pet to learn taunt. So I explained and he was so grateful. Really didn't see this social stuff in retail anymore. I like it.

I did make him fork over all his copper in exchange for helping him of course.
My favourite memory on wow was a complete stranger walking me as a level 15 Druid from Duskwood to Goldshire taking only boats and trams as transport. It took us about 2 hours and he did it out of pure kindness, explaining all the stuff I didn’t understand along the way. Oh and killing mobs and letting me loot the copper and silver. This was a good 11 years ago now.

I’m hoping to get onto wow classic this week as I’m back from holiday and have a bit of free time before Uni starts. What server should I join?!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My favourite memory on wow was a complete stranger walking me as a level 15 Druid from Duskwood to Goldshire taking only boats and trams as transport. It took us about 2 hours and he did it out of pure kindness, explaining all the stuff I didn’t understand along the way. Oh and killing mobs and letting me loot the copper and silver. This was a good 11 years ago now.

I’m hoping to get onto wow classic this week as I’m back from holiday and have a bit of free time before Uni starts. What server should I join?!
I dunno where most of the caf is. I'm on Nethergarde personally because some mates had a guild there. it's crowded, but there's never a queue. It's a pve server though, so carebears only.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
OI someone tell me which server to join. Going to flip over to the dark side for a new experience and roll a shammy I think.

Marcelinho87

I'm struggling to choose a character. I'm torn between rolling horde for a new experience and rolling alliance for nostalgia's sake.
I have gone and done the exact same thing I did first time I ever played, Human Warlock.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'm struggling to choose a character. I'm torn between rolling horde for a new experience and rolling alliance for nostalgia's sake.
If you go to the server he suggested, where there's 4 Caftards, there's more alliance than horde.
If that helps you decide ;)

mitChley

Been watching Asmongold for the Molten Core nostalgia and my god that mans a massive prick. States the raid loot is done on rolls only then decides to give not give the loot to the highest roller because they aren't "worthy".

He also acts like he knows such much about WoW but is constantly fecking up in raid and blasting Warlocks for things like banish being resisted on trash.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I spent a day on classic and got bored pretty quickly with all the running around. To be fair I've done all that content at least twice. The encouragement grouping up is nice doesn't make up for the ancient content.

Then I ended up on retail after having not played since MOP. I actually like the levelling experience in retail, aside from the lack of character progression (doesn't seem like I am going to get any new abilities or talents along the way). Haven't tried dungeons yet.

Maybe the next WoW expansion should combine the best of both worlds somehow. It's hard to see how though as they've put so many systems in place that discourage social gaming when you're just questing around.

I also just had the scary realisation that my WoW character is only 3 years younger than the new lodger at our house currently as I made it on retail launch day. I still have my really sticky glue in the bank.

Simbo

<APES> Currently streaming their 2nd MC run, if anyone is in to that sort of thing: https://www.twitch.tv/maitoz

The main tank is Fury spec and DW tanking bosses... Hope they do some re-tuning to the coming content releases.

Castia

Love the game....but being back to work I’ve not got the time or energy to invest anymore.

I had a few days off after release and made it to 30 but I don’t feel like it’s worth putting the little free time I have into the game.

My original guild from back then reformed as well, some of us have been playing for over 14 years so I’ll log in from time to time but yeah I think I’m done.

Oldyella

Been watching Asmongold for the Molten Core nostalgia and my god that mans a massive prick. States the raid loot is done on rolls only then decides to give not give the loot to the highest roller because they aren't "worthy".
Yeah, really toxic. That raid loot thing is really shitty. Never quite sure if its an act as his fanbase are horrible and hes playing up to it to keep the money rolling in, or its really him and the fanbase have grown around him.

Maybe the next WoW expansion should combine the best of both worlds somehow. It's hard to see how though as they've put so many systems in place that discourage social gaming when you're just questing around.
Apparently thats their aim, they realise they have dumbed down retail too much and what to bring more abilities and choices back next expansion, whether they get it right or not though...

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Love the game....but being back to work I’ve not got the time or energy to invest anymore.

I had a few days off after release and made it to 30 but I don’t feel like it’s worth putting the little free time I have into the game.

My original guild from back then reformed as well, some of us have been playing for over 14 years so I’ll log in from time to time but yeah I think I’m done.
That's the thing for me. I would enjoy it more but when I'm spending 10+ minutes running from point to point I can't stop thinking about how it's cutting into my limited "actual" playtime especially as I've seen all the scenery before.

Grylte

<APES> Currently streaming their 2nd MC run, if anyone is in to that sort of thing: https://www.twitch.tv/maitoz

The main tank is Fury spec and DW tanking bosses... Hope they do some re-tuning to the coming content releases.
The thing is that in 1.12 classes were buffed (iirc), so the raids became easier, so the raids we have now, are not even close to how they were in early vanilla.
But yeah, hope they tune things up a bit for BWL.

Kaos

The one thing I absolutely do not miss from classic WoW were the mob drop rates. I was reminded of that yesterday when I had to commit genocide on the Barrens’ entire Zhevra population just to pick up 4 feckin hooves.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The one thing I absolutely do not miss from classic WoW were the mob drop rates. I was reminded of that yesterday when I had to commit genocide on the Barrens’ entire Zhevra population just to pick up 4 feckin hooves.
I don't even find that one too bad, the plainstriders one is a pain and last night me and my wife had to get 20 satyr horns each and we must've killed about 60-70 mobs to get them, they all have 2 horns!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Wait til you get to hillsbrad and encounter the swathes of skull-less humans..

sebsheep

Wait til you get to hillsbrad and encounter the swathes of skull-less humans..
Oh we've done those! Died a few times and missed out on a lot of the loot as well. Outside the town hall place is a great place to farm the mobs but they respawn pretty quickly and overwhelmed us a few times.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Buying Ammo can totally suck my balls. There isn't enough backspace as is without the need to carry a dumb ammo pouch :(

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anyone know anywhere decent to find groups like Reddit/Discord channels? I've tried the LFG channel but I don't think I've had any luck from there.

sebsheep

Anyone know anywhere decent to find groups like Reddit/Discord channels? I've tried the LFG channel but I don't think I've had any luck from there.
What realm are you on? Most have a discord channel or even a decent guild, the guilds I've been in so far are about as dead as most on retail. I generally do end up finding a group whilst using the LFG channel, depends on what sort of level you may be at.
Once you hit your 30s if your a mage or a priest (maybe warlock) then you're golden for SM aoe farms if that is your thing.

sebsheep

How is everyone getting on in game? Currently playing on Earthshaker with my Shaman (Yes, my 3rd character) sitting at 35. Found myself a decent guild and a pretty reliable way of making gold for my mount at 40.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How is everyone getting on in game? Currently playing on Earthshaker with my Shaman (Yes, my 3rd character) sitting at 35. Found myself a decent guild and a pretty reliable way of making gold for my mount at 40.
I got sucked back in by this crack cocaine equivalent of a game. Dont have much time though, just have 1 lvl 38 hunter.

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
Don't actually have the time to play this, so my warlock has been stuck at level 7 for 2 weeks now :lol:

Oldyella

I think the itch has been scratched for me. I have cancelled my sub and when it expires next week that will probably be it for me. At least until we see what they have planned for future expansion but that's a long way off by all accounts.

While I enjoyed getting back into the game, I burnt myself out playing an absolute ton as have been off work long term. I am starting again next week so think it's best to stop.

sebsheep

Failing to reach level 60 before phase 2 came out was a big mistake, level 57 on my warrior and I can't go anywhere near half the higher level zones without being ganked constantly. First time in Searing Gorge around 53 I lasted less than a minute :lol:

sebsheep

Spam brd and DM for pre raid gear mate! I'm on Faerlina US server because I wanted to be on a high pop server with no queue times. When I get from work at 6pm it's only 1pm US server time so there's no queue unlike the big EU servers where I'll have to wait 3 hours to get on.
I've done a few BRD groups and a LBRS, nothing of note has dropped for me though. A guy in one of the groups said it took him 50 minutes just to get to DM the other day. Groups can be pretty hard to find on my server, I jumped off a realm with queues ages ago to one with a medium/high pop so I could actually play the game.
I could probably tank the places but I don't really enjoy warrior aoe tanking, which basically involves running round trying to grab every other mob because someone hit 1 aoe spell.

Grylte

Failing to reach level 60 before phase 2 came out was a big mistake, level 57 on my warrior and I can't go anywhere near half the higher level zones without being ganked constantly. First time in Searing Gorge around 53 I lasted less than a minute :lol:
Had the same problems with my alt, was at 55-56 when P2 launched... yay!
If you're a class that can tank or heal, just spec for it and you'll get groups instantly, my alt is rogue, so was quite hard to find groups, luckily i'm in a huge guild so managed to get it done.

Have 2 good geared characters with several items from MC and Onyxia, plus most of the pre-bis.

My altoholism will kill me.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Am up to 47 now. Still taking my time as no way will I level an alt. Hard work finding quests sometimes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I played to 60, did one MC raid then uninstalled the game and ran like hell. Addictive bastard of a game sucked me right back in.

sebsheep

I've got 10 days played and I'm still only 54 :lol:. I wanted an authentic classic experience by questing in all zones and doing every dungeon at least once. It's getting harder to quest outdoors now because there are gank squads all over EPL, WPL and Burning Steppes. I'll probably do most of my remaining leveling in Felwood and Winterspring with a bit of BRD and Dire Mail sandwiched in-between.
They're still around? Thought the battleground phase would've killed that off. Stopped playing my warrior around 57-58 as the fun sort of of spending 80% of your time dead doesn't last long. There are some nice elements to classic, the levelling generally being a lot harder than retail is but it just didn't end up drawing me in enough. I just ended up going back to Football Manager.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
How is classic going in general? I stopped after about a month because I didnt want to get sucked in and have it drain all my free time again.

sebsheep

Congratulations! Just in time for the new phase stuff :drool:

Grylte

Grats :)

That's just a couple days after i did an alt run in bwl ;)

I need to play less... :nervous:

Grylte

I replaced it with Judgement helm last night. So far I've got 2 pieces of t2, 3 pieces of t1 and the ultimate BIS healing boots from BWL trash with over 60+ healing. Not bad for 5 days into 60.
Levling a pally now, second alt :lol:
Must be easiest to gear up, half the drops in MC and BWL are pally and lock, the rest i think is druid... Meh