Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

Toad

It feels like there’s a currency or grind to everything....Torghast and ash for legendaries
Mana crystals (or whatever they’re called) for the covenant currency
Renown levels for covenant’s
The grind in the Maw
Daily callings....

It’s just all pointless nonsense imo. Maybe I’m just burned out and need a break but the game feels like it’s bloated with systems that just aren’t that interesting.
I know how you feel. I used to play it every day. Now sometimes I can’t bring myself to play it. I took a few years out between cataclysm and BoA then enjoyed BoA but just feel there’s too much to do at the moment. Dailies and weeklies take up a huge amount of time as it is without even starting on mythics to gear up further.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It feels like there’s a currency or grind to everything....Torghast and ash for legendaries
Mana crystals (or whatever they’re called) for the covenant currency
Renown levels for covenant’s
The grind in the Maw
Daily callings....

It’s just all pointless nonsense imo. Maybe I’m just burned out and need a break but the game feels like it’s bloated with systems that just aren’t that interesting.
A few of the things you don't need to do as the stuff you spend your anima on is cosmetic or upgrading your covenant armor, which is lower than the gear you get from other sources anyway.

Getting your renown up is easy, 2 quests a week and a bit of storyline. The only thing that I don't like so much about it is sone of the stuff they have gated (honor pvp gear can't be upgraded past 184ilvl until next week when you have lots of people who pve in over 200ilvl stuff). Torghast is a bit meh, don't like grinds like that. It's also not that fast when you play solo with a waddling ret paladin. :lol:
They did at least limit the amount you can do in the maw each day, I'm not a fan of walking around it either way so I haven't bothered even if I probably should.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'm really enjoying this new expansion. Lockdown had kinda led me back into this.

My guild is super casual though so only starting HC Nathria tonight and I already nearly outgear it.

Kaos

Tempting to jump back in. I levelled my Priest to lvl 60 in classic last year, but then quit again after I started doing the whole second job thing with raid nights. I'm currently playing SWTOR casually (they've added a crap load of content tbh), but tempted to try Shadowlands with a new character, likely a Rogue.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Tempting to jump back in. I levelled my Priest to lvl 60 in classic last year, but then quit again after I started doing the whole second job thing with raid nights. I'm currently playing SWTOR casually (they've added a crap load of content tbh), but tempted to try Shadowlands with a new character, likely a Rogue.
I absolutely loved the idea and setting of that game. Is it still being played?

Kaos

I absolutely loved the idea and setting of that game. Is it still being played?
Yep! Though everything is crazy dumbed down and easy now. It's pretty much only good for the extra story content they've added (lots of it since launch btw). Just don't expect an active raiding/gearing scene, it's all secondary to the social/story side of things.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finally made it to the Shadowlands content and it's actually really enjoyable.

sebsheep

Anyone else going to be watching the TBC Classic announcement at Blizzcon online tonight?
Might have a peek, late TBC was when I actually started playing wow. First max level was a shaman I did as deep resto, took me ages. :lol:

sebsheep

That was when I quit for the first time. I then came back for Cataclysm. One of the big questions to be answered today will be if they're going to allow you to level alliance shamans and BE paladins to 60 before the release of TBC in May.
You missed Wrath? Was one of my favourite expansions.
Haven't really kept up with the news on TBC, are they making stand alone servers or advancing things from classic?

duffer

Scout
That was when I quit for the first time. I then came back for Cataclysm. One of the big questions to be answered today will be if they're going to allow you to level alliance shamans and BE paladins to 60 before the release of TBC in May.
They are. Although it's not coming out in may (no date set but zero chance it's as soon as may). Most of the community are predicting end of summer.

Last edited:

duffer

Scout
You missed Wrath? Was one of my favourite expansions.
Haven't really kept up with the news on TBC, are they making stand alone servers or advancing things from classic?
The current classic servers will automatically move on to TBC. If you want to also copy a character to a "classic era" server, you can. You'd have two versions of the same character on different servers, one in TBC on whatever server you're on now and another, stuck forever in the current classic patch.

sebsheep

The current classic servers will automatically move on to TBC. If you want to also copy a character to a "classic era" server, you can. You'd have two versions of the same character on different servers, one in TBC on whatever server you're on now and another, stuck forever in the current classic patch.
I'll have to decide what I want to play in TBC soon I think. Want to get myself onto a normal server and my main characters were on pvp initially. Kinda ended up way behind and got ganked out of existence before the introduction of bgs.

Ralaks

I'll have to decide what I want to play in TBC soon I think. Want to get myself onto a normal server and my main characters were on pvp initially. Kinda ended up way behind and got ganked out of existence before the introduction of bgs.
Heh, we're (my friends and I) are going to do the same. We've been playing PvP realm the whole of classic being the less played faction. The amount of griefing and pathetic behavior has made us want to change, it's just not worth it to stay anymore. Negatives far, far outweigh the pros (as if there was any for me). Only shame is we've been in a very nice guild, and it does not seem like all want to go PvE..

In general I am very excited for the changes coming in TBC, shows they want to change the game for the better to remove some of the shit mechanics like leatherworking drums, etc.

Anyone recommend any of the 3 PvE realms?

Oldyella

Do we know what the plan is re character creation? Can you start at 60 or do you need to either port a character from classic or start at 1? TBC was when I really went hard raiding and would love the nostalgia but not sure about levelling all over, think I got to 30 something in classic, and in a class I wouldn't fancy in TBC

duffer

Scout
Do we know what the plan is re character creation? Can you start at 60 or do you need to either port a character from classic or start at 1? TBC was when I really went hard raiding and would love the nostalgia but not sure about levelling all over, think I got to 30 something in classic, and in a class I wouldn't fancy in TBC
The current classic servers will become TBC servers so you don't need to do anything. Your level 30 will still be a level 30 when the expansion drops.

They are going to allow a paid boost to level 58, only one per account and no Dranei or Blood Elf. They're expecting lots of people will want to try TBC without having to put the work in!

You will be able to start a Belf or Dranei before TBC comes out, so you will be able to get to 60 and then level from 61 to 70 with everyone else.

jungledrums

The current classic servers will become TBC servers so you don't need to do anything. Your level 30 will still be a level 30 when the expansion drops.

They are going to allow a paid boost to level 58, only one per account and no Dranei or Blood Elf. They're expecting lots of people will want to try TBC without having to put the work in!

You will be able to start a Belf or Dranei before TBC comes out, so you will be able to get to 60 and then level from 61 to 70 with everyone else.
How come they’re allowing Belfs/Draenei before the launch? Did they do that back in the day as well?

duffer

Scout
How come they’re allowing Belfs/Draenei before the launch? Did they do that back in the day as well?
They didn't do that back in the day, no.

They're doing it because when classic came out, everyone raced to 60 and cleared the raids within days. They want people who want to play the new races to be part of that launch buzz. It also will bring a few people back before it launches.

The community is surprisingly happy with this change. Classic was all about #nochanges. TBC classic is #somechanges!

Oldyella

Cheers. Begrudge paying for a boost but it's got to be better than trying to level through it all. Played healer and a tank later on in TBC, might unleash the dps this time out.

sebsheep

They're expecting lots of people will want to try TBC without having to put the work in!
I'm just not sure I want to put the work in again. I was level 57 with a warrior, that was work! :lol:

duffer

Scout
I'm just not sure I want to put the work in again. I was level 57 with a warrior, that was work! :lol:
Yeah, it is a grind for sure. I can see why they put a boost in there as so many people would buy the game and then give up before they hit level 20!

I'm not sure if I'll bother with TBC. It was fun to be part of the initial tide of levelling to 60 in classic but TBC raids and dungeons are probably not worth the hassle for me.

sebsheep

Yeah, it is a grind for sure. I can see why they put a boost in there as so many people would buy the game and then give up before they hit level 20!

I'm not sure if I'll bother with TBC. It was fun to be part of the initial tide of levelling to 60 in classic but TBC raids and dungeons are probably not worth the hassle for me.
If I do decide to go into it think I'll mainly do it for some arena. I do like the TBC dungeons but I never got round to even starting the attunements for the raids and I'm not sure I want to invest that much time into it.

Ralaks

I am actually more hyped for TBC raids than I was for classic raids, I played pretty 'high level' back then, so it will be fun to retry that too.

Regarding the paid boost I think the majority don't care anymore because the majority buys in game boosts from mages anyway, so there is very little leveling scene, sadly. I think the majority of classic gamers have realized that #somechanges is a fantastic concept as long as it doesn't change the core gameplay.

jungledrums

They didn't do that back in the day, no.

They're doing it because when classic came out, everyone raced to 60 and cleared the raids within days. They want people who want to play the new races to be part of that launch buzz. It also will bring a few people back before it launches.

The community is surprisingly happy with this change. Classic was all about #nochanges. TBC classic is #somechanges!
Ahh I see, thanks. That sounds like a pretty good idea, I have to say. Any idea on release date for Draenei/Belves?
If I do decide to go into it think I'll mainly do it for some arena. I do like the TBC dungeons but I never got round to even starting the attunements for the raids and I'm not sure I want to invest that much time into it.
Were TBC attunements even more time consuming than Classic? Damn...

Ralaks

Ahh I see, thanks. That sounds like a pretty good idea, I have to say. Any idea on release date for Draenei/Belves?

Were TBC attunements even more time consuming than Classic? Damn...
Draenei and Blood elves will release with the prepatch, which has not been announced yet. Likely 2 weeks before actual TBC release

TBC is probably the most intensive attunement process, you have to do normal dungeons to access heroics, which you need to access Karazhan, which you need to access next level raids and so on. And thats a very low level simplification

Oldyella

Draenei and Blood elves will release with the prepatch, which has not been announced yet. Likely 2 weeks before actual TBC release

TBC is probably the most intensive attunement process, you have to do normal dungeons to access heroics, which you need to access Karazhan, which you need to access next level raids and so on. And thats a very low level simplification
And some of those dungeons were pretty tough! Or were for their time, would be interested in how they play now. My early guild in TBC, found we were constantly boosting people through the process just so we had enough raiders, some people just gave up trying at stages. Just boosting people through could burn you out.

Ralaks

Yeah I fear that will be the main challenge of TBC. Having to replace quitters and find members and attune them.. But at least the server sizes are significantly larger than at least the server i played on

sebsheep

Popped onto my warrior and edged it closer to max level (for reasons I do not fully understand), there seem to be no groups whatsoever doing the late 50s stuff and the LFG chat is just full of people selling/buying boosts.

Castia

TBC classic pre patch tomorrow!

My favourite ever expansion I’m going all in!

hype

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Classic wow nearly finished. If someone told me last year when I reached 60 my character would end up looking like this I'd have said you were crazy.
Chelsea fan and human male paladin.

Is there some kind of charity we can donate to for the benefit of people born without taste?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Chelsea fan and human male paladin.

Is there some kind of charity we can donate to for the benefit of people born without taste?
Could've been worse, could've been a blood elf!!

Going to start an enhancement shaman tomorrow, i always change main for a new... "new"... expansion, and not been enhancement before.
Was maining elemental in TBC.
Someone has to buff the poor warriors and rogues who haven't rerolled hunter or warlock :lol:

That said, i'm enjoying Shadowlands now, which is a weird thing to say, since i have been sort of a hater against retail for years.
M+ is really cool, and basically all i do.
Raided up to 4/10 mythic, but figured that since the world is getting closer to normal, and i have so many friends in classic, i want to prioritize that.
Really don't want 4-5 raid days a week, that's too much even for me :P

Atleast got full T3, the best weapon and offhand, plus trinkets, etc, on my mage, so happy with what i got ingame from classic :)
Also got to know many new cool people - guild had 800 accounts, all Norwegian, at launch. Kept 3 raids going all the way except the last 3 months.

tenpoless

Sooo will anyone be playing WotLK classic? it's the golden child of Blizzard. I think it'll surpass both classic vanilla and TBC in the terms of player count.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Sooo will anyone be playing WotLK classic? it's the golden child of Blizzard. I think it'll surpass both classic vanilla and TBC in the terms of player count.
It 100% won't. People are burnt out from TBC and a lot (like me) won't be returning.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'm jumping back in with my mates. I played TBC classic up to BT but had a break then to get ready for this.

I'll probably be done with the game when it finishes nothing else appeals.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just jumped back in a few days ago.
My guild had moved server, and i couldn't move after, so had to start a new character.
Sucks a bit ass, but i needed something to play, and WOTLK is a good expansion.

Castia

Anybody been watching Blizzcon? I’ve liked what’s been shown so far apart from the ultra version being the only way to play 3 days early I hate that shit.

I was actually quoted on Gamesradar for my Reddit post about such topic :lol:

Oldyella

Anybody been watching Blizzcon? I’ve liked what’s been shown so far apart from the ultra version being the only way to play 3 days early I hate that shit.

I was actually quoted on Gamesradar for my Reddit post about such topic :lol:
Not a lot of it, but did see the cinematic. They need to just make movies, their cinematics are incredible.

And early access is bullshit.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not a lot of it, but did see the cinematic. They need to just make movies, their cinematics are incredible.

And early access is bullshit.
It's (minor) pay to win really isn't it? Something they said they would never do.