Worse than Mourinho football?

Utdstar01

Results have been shite. Are we worse on the eye to watch than in Mourinho's era? I don't understand what there is to be positive about at the moment.

RedNed77

I’m still Ole in, but would have to agree we are very hard to watch.

Judas

Open to offers
Under Jose there was a chance we'd play well every once in awhile, and there seemed to be some hunger and desire. We could also score goals. His plan was horrible, but it was a plan.

If we didn't win another game this season, I'd be like fair enough, not surprised.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Until Pogba arrives and they have Rashford - Martial and James playing together, its not going to be pretty to watch. This was well known before the season even started. There's not a lot of creativity out there when the two big purchases were defenders.

Lentwood

I’m not Ole out but I wasn’t Jose out either

Objectively speaking, we’re miles worse now than we were under Jose although I have more hope that Ole has a long-term plan. Jose just seemed to be about protecting his ego with quick wins

fergiesarmy1

It’s not about champagne football to the manager and team now it’s about getting some form together, if you want to watch that go and support Barca or city.

izec

Yes. It was never this bad. I guess some will need another 3 years to realise Ole is shit

Member 102134

Much worse, Mourinho is world class manager, Ole is sunday league manager

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It is a worse and it's not really surprising, we somehow replaced Mourinho with a worse manager that had no positive track record.

RedRitz

Would happily bring back Mou tomorrow over this, sack woodward and mou have his way with proper backing and at least we would challenge for top 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jezpeza

I did the maths. On average, Less goals per game under Ole than moyes, LVG or Jose

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Thing is mourinho didn’t promise attacking football. Ole came in, talked about it for a few months and then ....... ?

acnumber9

Results have been shite. Are we worse on the eye to watch than in Mourinho's era? I don't understand what there is to be positive about at the moment.
We’re considerably worse to watch now. Probably worse than under Moyes and Van Gaal too. A run like this is beyond a joke and there is zero excuse for it. It wouldn’t annoy me so much if it wasn’t for all the shite he talks about playing exciting, attacking football. At least the rest were honest.

acnumber9

It’s not about champagne football to the manager and team now it’s about getting some form together, if you want to watch that go and support Barca or city.
Never mind the huge fecking middle ground between that and how we’re actually playing.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yes. The blind leading the blind sums Ole's management up. He is the worst of the lot. It was never this bad under our previous managers.

With Mourinho, when it wasn't working, he would change the flow of the match in our favour with a tactical change sometimes.

With Ole, it's just panic stations all around, immediately give up attacking (which is funny considering how attack minded he is supposed to be), park the bus etc. I never get the same sense at all, that he is capable of changing matches once they have begun.

Which is obvious you might say, considering one is one of the most successful managers of all time and the other, well...

Last edited:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'll continue to reserve judgement until he has a fit squad, at the very least.

Fans want to see kids given minutes and then moan when they don't instantly provide scintillating football. Bonkers levels of expectation.

tomaldinho1

I preferred LVG's death by 1000 passes to this and even Mou's worst football was pretty similar. It's not great is it.

fergiesarmy1

On what basis are you Ole in? What good traits as a manager does he have? As I'm not seeing any at all.
3 fecking defeats in 13 competitive games this season isn’t a bad trait for a manager some are calling the worst all of time.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Easily for me.

I wouldn't use Mourinho as the yardstick for the least entertaining to watch post-Ferguson either, that would be LVG up until now but I think Ole's team now takes that prize and the rest of lose having to watch it.

ash_86

Jose benched pogba a fair bit and we still looked like we might actually get a couple of shots on target.
Team was different last year wasn't it? We had likes of Lukaku , Sanchez who have enough experience to get a few on target. Now minus them and take off Pogba too and we're left in this state.

Eric7C

How can mods allow posts where posters tell others to go support some other team?

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Whilst it’s clear to even the blindest eye were shockingly poor going forward, it’s a weird observation to make tonight when a 1-0 win away in Belgrade is a fantastic result. One of those results you couldn’t care less about the performance. Under Fergie in Europe we’d have all been sound with that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Glazers, Woodward and Ole all out in one clean swoop before the summer. None of them are up to the task.

MrPooni

At least with Mourinho you had his overall record and a couple of trophies and finals to point to. I don't think I've ever felt this hopeless about our prospects before. Take from that what you will.

JoaquinJoaquin

3 fecking defeats in 13 competitive games this season isn’t a bad trait for a manager some are calling the worst all of time.
We are Manchester United. With our squad and resources I'd expect nearly any manager to get the kind of results Ole has got, even ones in lower leagues.