Worse than Mourinho football?

UpWithRivers

Not even close. A Mourinho team looks like Prime Barca compared to this. I admire anyone looking at turd and seeing an opportunity for roses to spring from it but all I see and smell is sht at the moment. And I dont even think Im being dramatic. Its bad. As bad as Ive seen.

Infra-red

Not even close. A Mourinho team looks like Prime Barca compared to this. I admire anyone looking at turd and seeing an opportunity for roses to spring from it but all I see and smell is sht at the moment. And I dont even think Im being dramatic. Its bad. As bad as Ive seen.
Difficult to find the positives at the moment - one win in seven games, struggling to create chances and the football is abysmal to watch with absolutely no attacking impetus. No signs of progress since March.

Looks like Matic and Pogba might be off in January - hopefully we get some decent replacements in (plus a striker!).

ottosec

We played some shocking football after Fergie retired: Moyes "a cross every minute" tactic, LVG side passing masterclass and Mourinho's bus, but Ole's shit beats all.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So, if you knew this and I knew this and many others knew this, why the hell did Ole not know this?
I know he is a bad manager (Championship level, at best), but you and I aren't even pro managers, yet we knew this.
I think he knew, which is why he was after Dybala, Eriksen and Mandzukic. Once Matt Judge or whoever failed to get any of them, he resigned to find something he wanted in January or next summer than just sign another band aid fix he would later struggle to get rid of. It's also a good opportunity to evaluate Pereira, lingard etc on a larger sample basis.

Womp

idiot
And the kids played better than the players he inherited.
There were plenty of shite away group games under fergie and jose

There were and those managers weren't deemed good enough and were let go, Ole is no different. Especially as the results and football has been worse under him than those managers.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I was struggling to stay awake through the 2nd half and I'm not being overworked or anything.

vangagal

I think he knew, which is why he was after Dybala, Eriksen and Mandzukic. Once Matt Judge or whoever failed to get any of them, he resigned to find something he wanted in January or next summer than just sign another band aid fix he would later struggle to get rid of. It's also a good opportunity to evaluate Pereira, lingard etc on a larger sample basis.
:lol: How much more sample needs for him exactly? His best time here happened under Jose ironically. And yet he acted more stupid under Ole because Ole feels them.

edgar allan

There were and those managers weren't deemed good enough and were let go, Ole is no different. Especially as the results and football has been worse under him than those managers.
I still think that the football under Jose and LVG was worse however Ole wants to play attacking football, we just don't have the players to do it.

Kemizee

So I guess we today extended our run of away games without winning since the 6th of march? Certainly looks like that in the comments on here.
More like extended our pathetic, gutless displays under an inpet manager who is leading us nowhere.

Womp

idiot
I still think that the football under Jose and LVG was worse however Ole wants to play attacking football, we just don't have the players to do it.
You can use that excuse for those managers too, the attack really hasn't changed all that much under all those managers. If anything Ole has more options with promising youngsters like James, Greenwood and Gomes. He was the one that decided to sell Lukaku etc.

It's an excuse that doesn't hold up, he's simply not good enough.

izec

that is what people said about Jose as well. It never happened.

Do we have the squad to play like United 2009, Barca 2010, City now or Pool now? No. Dont tell me our squad isnt capable of producing decent football. I know it is shocking, but you have to do some coaching for that. I know the answer is, once Ole gets his world class players in, he will start implementing attacking football :lol: Or he will hope better players somehow start scoring, but then again, we can employ Nicky Butt there and the outcome would be the same. The signs of a good manager are the improvements he makes with what he has. Ole will be better with a better squad, but he wont be anywhere near he would need to be to justify the spending and expectations. That goes for every manager by the way, but Ole is an average manager anyway.

Kemizee

Not sure the opinion of match going fans has much more value to be honest. Fergie’s ‘stand by your manager’ speech has blinded most of them into singing the managers name even when all the evidence shows we aren’t progressing.

What was Moyes again, the Chosen One?

The Old Trafford crowd cheered Mourinho to the end even when most behind closed doors wanted him gone.
Finally this. Wanted to say it. That comment by Fergie is the one that makes deluded fans who defend out of depth managers justify their position.

Kemizee

I'm sorry he wasn't after them. They were not his initial targets. They just happened to have contract issues which made us jump in which begs the question: who were our midfield targets in the summer apart from Sean Longstaff?

ash_86

So I guess we today extended our run of away games without winning since the 6th of march? Certainly looks like that in the comments on here.
We can't use that stat today can we. So Caf decided to move onto we score 1 goal a game since x matches stat ;)

lysglimt

Scout
I wonder where people were when we lost 1-2 to Huddersfield, 1-3 to West Ham, 0-3 to Spurs. 1-3 to City, 1-3 to Liverpool

When our opponents scored 29 times against us in 17 League matches - and our only convincing win in 17 matches in 2018/19 with Mourinho was 4-1 against the worst team in the P.L

Worse than Mourinho ? Mourinho as of 16/17 and the first half of 17/18 - absolutely.

Worse than the Mourinho from march 2018 until he was fired in december 2018 - certainly not.

lysglimt

Scout
Maybe this is down to the squad of players. You can only get the best out of what you have.
Rashford, James, DDG, Tuanzebe, VL, Shaw, Young, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Andreas, Dalot, Bailly - just 13 players not starting today who are good enough to start or be on the bench. And still people complain about us winning 1-0 away. So yes, you have a point

Josep Dowling

I'm sorry he wasn't after them. They were not his initial targets. They just happened to have contract issues which made us jump in which begs the question: who were our midfield targets in the summer apart from Sean Longstaff?
This has always been my issue. CM was a clear concern after 2 central midfielders left but we were only ever linked with Longstaff. Why? We needed at least two, especially with Matic deciding to retire early as well.

Bestielob

This is worse than Mourinho, LVG, Moyes, Sexton and O Farrell combined.

edgar allan

that is what people said about Jose as well. It never happened.

Do we have the squad to play like United 2009, Barca 2010, City now or Pool now? No. Dont tell me our squad isnt capable of producing decent football. I know it is shocking, but you have to do some coaching for that. I know the answer is, once Ole gets his world class players in, he will start implementing attacking football :lol: Or he will hope better players somehow start scoring, but then again, we can employ Nicky Butt there and the outcome would be the same. The signs of a good manager are the improvements he makes with what he has. Ole will be better with a better squad, but he wont be anywhere near he would need to be to justify the spending and expectations. That goes for every manager by the way, but Ole is an average manager anyway.
A team with lingard, fred, pereira and matic in it is absolutely not capable of creating decent football.
A team depending on rashford and martial will not score many goals

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There are a few factors, but yes, this is the worst we've looked in the Premier League era.

Remember the rule, 5 steps backwards to take 4 steps forward :D

youngrell

Depends on what you are expecting. We have a shit squad right now and specifically Pogba is the only creative midfield player and he is absent so if Mourinho were still here you would not be getting anything more entertaining unless you include his press conferences. The expectation at this point is that we can grind out results for another couple of months and hopefully players returning from injury will make that easier to accomplish and easier on the eye and then in January add a creative player in the middle and another striker. I get the criticism of the Manager but when you look at the squad I don't see where the goals or quality is supposed to come from, our youngsters like Gomes are not there yet and sadly Mata has continued to decline at a shocking rate and looks significantly worse than he did six months ago. We are tough to beat and James has been a bright spot up front and so if we did add just for arguments sake Madison and Haaland in the window then I think we could be actually add goals and entertainment to our already solid defensive play. Fact is, rebuilds suck, especially the first 12 months when you get rid of players faster than you sign them.
Good post.

Fans think all our players are useless but want our manager to perform miracles with them. It is a baffling mindset.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Jose is one of the best managers of all time and it's just stupid to think he's past it. At the same time Ole might not be a bad manager but it's difficult to know for sure.

One thing you can be certain though, your squad is Everton level at best, but without the extra grip.

Sterling Archer

I wonder where people were when we lost 1-2 to Huddersfield, 1-3 to West Ham, 0-3 to Spurs. 1-3 to City, 1-3 to Liverpool

When our opponents scored 29 times against us in 17 League matches - and our only convincing win in 17 matches in 2018/19 with Mourinho was 4-1 against the worst team in the P.L

Worse than Mourinho ? Mourinho as of 16/17 and the first half of 17/18 - absolutely.

Worse than the Mourinho from march 2018 until he was fired in december 2018 - certainly not.
Must have some perspective here:

That was during Pogba & Ed versus Jose.

The shit we are seeing now is Everyone Behind Ole. I dread what it looks like when the squad starts publicly unraveling.

Traub

:lol: How much more sample needs for him exactly? His best time here happened under Jose ironically. And yet he acted more stupid under Ole because Ole feels them.
His youth career just ended, so you can’t judge him based on that

Darlington Padgett

This is worse than Moyes! This is the worse football I've watched in my life. When a player has te ball everyone else is just standing still. You see no patterns or movement. We have some good defenders but our defending is just sitting back and praying not to concede. We could've lost by 2-3 goals today but we were lucky none of those shots during the last few minutes went in. We had 1 shot against partizan and it was a penalty! He needs to leave, he's not good enough, we're sitting 2 points away from relegation!

Chairman Steve

This is the worst and I've sat through LVG's 2nd season. Zero shots on target in a match is bad, but twice in a month?

Irwin99

If it's not worse then it's just as bad. It's a big contrast to his first 7 or 8 games as manager. Creativity will improve a bit when Pogba comes back but the quality of players at the club is pretty ordinary and not at a great technical level. When Scott McTominay is the one player in your team that looks most like he wants to run forward and drive at players then you know somethings not right.

Denis79

Absolute madness you lot. Gutless and pathetic? Was a well earned away win in a ridiculously hard place to go. fecking shocking the mindset of internet fans. Sit at home wanking off over fantasy games
Agree it's a hard place to come to but it wasn't well earned. Partizan were the better team and deserved something from that game.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Weird to want another manager who we have zero connection with, to start all over and do it another way. That’s worked well hasn’t it?

Go to games/watch games with mates and stop taking it all so seriously. We’ve seen more than any one could have dreamed of for two decades and it’ll get better.
You must be a clairevoyant

Devil may care

I'd say it's about the same, just with less hoofballs as we don't currently have a target lump.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Jose is one of the best managers of all time and it's just stupid to think he's past it. At the same time Ole might not be a bad manager but it's difficult to know for sure.

One thing you can be certain though, your squad is Everton level at best, but without the extra grip.
No, it isn't.

We may very well be proven wrong in his next job, but since his initial title win when he returned to Chelsea, he clearly hasn't been the José of old.