Worst Football Pundits

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not as bad it reads when you hear it, saying that he's the first player who was already a superstar when he arrived in the league, rather than a player turning into one when he was here.

Still wrong though. While most of the biggest Premier League names developed here, plenty of already established superstars were brought in. Not even sure I'd call a Halland a superstar before City bought him anyway, but if he was then he'd be less of one than quite a few others when they arrived in the division.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Aluko's at it again. Much worse than her normal gaffes because unlike those, this was a considered approach she took. I'm pretty stunned at how fecking stupid this is to be honest.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So they’re creating an auction so Arsenal pay more?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal

Aluko's at it again. Much worse than her normal gaffes because unlike those, this was a considered approach she took. I'm pretty stunned at how fecking stupid this is to be honest.
she’s right. i do the same with the waitrose and m&s foodhall near my gaff. i go into m&s and say “the milk is 45p more expensive at waitrose. i’m not buying yours until you charge me at least 50p more.” works every time.

Bertie Wooster

:lol:

What is she talking about!?

Arteta asked Pep to put a bigger bid in so that Arsenal have to pay even more to buy him?

You can see the others were aware she was talking b*llocks but, for whatever reason, didn't want to pick her up on it or even ask her to clarify why Arsenal's master plan would be to push the price up so they have to pay even more for him. :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Fcuking hell. What a bell end.

Her previous employer must be over the moon that their employee caused the club to overpay for a player.

Take her mic away. She never manages to say anything halfway sensible about off the field football. Though admittedly, some of her on field tactical takes at the women’s euros were great.

Josep Dowling

I think the point is being missed here. She's saying West Ham want at least £100m, Arsenal are bidding less than this and Arteta knows it will keep being rejected until they bid £100m. I don't agree with Aluko though. City seem to come in to make sure these players go for maximum money thus stunting the transfer budget of rivals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dreadful stuff. Because she used to do some matey little deals for buttons, she reckons the same applies for rivals at the top of the Premier league for a fee of 100m.
Breathtaking.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think the point is being missed here. She's saying West Ham want at least £100m, Arsenal are bidding less than this and Arteta knows it will keep being rejected until they bid £100m. I don't agree with Aluko though. City seem to come in to make sure these players go for maximum money thus stunting the transfer budget of rivals.
If she truly believes Arteta called Pep to raise the price, it's a braindead point.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

:lol:

She is embarassing. Good for talksport's social media engagements though. Expect to see her more on there now.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

She's always been a moron. Makes Jack Grealish look like a genius.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Looks like aluko was correct about city with Rice.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Looks like aluko was correct about city with Rice.
So City put in a fictitious bid of £90m after Arteta asked Pep to do him a favour. As Roy Keane would say: 'do me a favour..'

Lecland07

Think we know why she 'used' to be a sporting director.

Oranges038

To be fair it worked a treat on Utd..

Maguire
Fred
Sanchez

They never wanted any of them.

Nori-

Jenas for me, and its not even close. I've refused to watch some matches hes commentating on because its so unbearable.

The first thing that annoys me is, I know how bad of a footballer he was, i watched him first hand. So when someone like him starts criticizing world class players about misplaced passes etc, i just think "You couldn't do 20% of what these guys are doing, give it a rest". When people like Henry, Rio, Gerrard speak, you listen, because you know how good they were.

The second thing that annoys me is (in my opinion) his forced attempts at being well spoken. Nothing wrong with speaking well and having a good grasp of your own language but personally i prefer someone who is "real". Ian Wright for example, down to earth, slight cocky twang, he is being himself, its refreshing and great to listen to.

Jenas is the opposite, it all feels like an attempt to get more work, to portray an image he knows will sell. He should stick to presenting morning shows.

Last edited:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Jenas for me, and its not even close. I've refused to watch some matches hes commentating on because its so unbearable.

The first thing that annoys me is, I know how bad of a footballer he was, i watched him first hand. So when someone like him starts criticizing world class players about misplaced passes etc, i just think "You couldn't do 20% of what these guys are doing, give it a rest". When people like Henry, Rio, Gerrard speak, you listen, because you know how good they were.

The second thing that annoys me is (in my opinion) his forced attempts at being well spoken. Nothing wrong with speaking well and having a good grasp of your own language but personally i prefer someone who is "real". Ian Wright for example, down to earth, slight cocky twang, he is being himself, its refreshing and great to listen to.

Jenas is the opposite, it all feels like an attempt to get more work, to portray an image he knows will sell. He should stick to presenting morning shows.
My favourite Jenas commentary moment was him explaining what it's like as a player "playing in matches and occasions like this" as the teams walked out for the last Euros final.

Jenas, who played in precisely one cup final, that being a league cup final, and who didn't play a single minute of a major international tournament.

cyberman

My favourite Jenas commentary moment was him explaining what it's like as a player "playing in matches and occasions like this" as the teams walked out for the last Euros final.

Jenas, who played in precisely one cup final, that being a league cup final, and who didn't play a single minute of a major international tournament.
My favourite Jenas moment is asking the retired referee if it’s a penalty when the player hands the ball outside the box but his feet are inside.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

City pulled out and she feels validated. Not gonna lie, I would take a victory lap too, if I was her, after 24 hours of people dunking in her, and no doubt sending her all sorts of abuse.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
City pulled out and she feels validated. Not gonna lie, I would take a victory lap too, if I was her, after 24 hours of people dunking in her, and no doubt sending her all sorts of abuse.

Nope. Not buying it at all. It doesn't make sense for either party and I'm still calling bullshit. The idea that Arteta called up Pep and got him to persuade the City owners to sanction the bid (creating a fictitious bidding war to drive the price up for themselves) and all the behind the scenes activity is lala land stuff.

Last edited:

GlasgowCeltic

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Nope. Not buying it at all. It doesn't make sense for either party and I'm still calling bullshit. The idea that Arteta called up Pep and got him to persuade the City owners to sanction the bid (creating a fictitious bidding war to drive the price up for themselves) and all the behind the scenes activity is lala land stuff.
What would be the point? To cost Arsenal more money? Makes no sense.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Nope. Not buying it at all. It doesn't make sense for either party and I'm still calling bullshit. The idea that Arteta called up Pep and got him to persuade the City owners to sanction the bid (creating a fictitious bidding war to drive the price up for themselves) and all the behind the scenes stuff is lala land stuff.
I’m not saying her point made sense. I thought it was stupid too. I’m just saying I support her taking this victory lap after City pulled out, even if it wasn’t for the reasons she claimed it was. I can imagine her mentions was probably non-stop abuse since yesterday.

SteveCoppellFan

Seriously .. you all know nothing or are under 20.

The fact the main man Garth Crooks has not even had a mention is truly sobering.

Nobody even comes close to this monstrosity of a pundit.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Her point is that Arteta is using Pep to get more money from Edu/Arsenal owners. It’s a clunky point and I’m not sure I believe it but it is within the realms of possibility. She is a shite pundit though.

Sylar

Her point is that Arteta is using Pep to get more money from Edu/Arsenal owners. It’s a clunky point and I’m not sure I believe it but it is within the realms of possibility. She is a shite pundit though.
Yeah I think this is the point.
There's a valuation, and arsenal weren't matching it, but by including another party, it increases the speed to meet it.

Whether it happened here is just guess work for us. City putting an offer in, it being declined and then pulling out and then arsenal putting in the bid for the valuation for it to be accepted like it did works to her point

The other point where city make a bid to increase the price to affect another teams budget is also a valid thought as well.

She's speaking from experience it seems so I do think people were quick to ridicule her. She's said so many worse things

Cat_knows

Seriously .. you all know nothing or are under 20.

The fact the main man Garth Crooks has not even had a mention is truly sobering.

Nobody even comes close to this monstrosity of a pundit.
absolutely...talking / writing nonsense since....seems like forever