Worst PL players of the season...

Oranges038

Forget about who's the best.

Who's been the standout worst performer in the league?

Maguire?
Lukaku?
Grealish?
AWB?
Xhaka?
Pickford?
Rashford?
Lacazette?

Or the entire Everton squad?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is this worst performer or worst performer vs the expectations levelled against them?

NewYorkRed

If expectations are taken into consideration, has to be Lukaku. They bought him for a ton and he doesn’t even start.

Oranges038

Is this worst performer or worst performer vs the expectations levelled against them?
I'm not sure on qualifying criteria, because I think we need some outlandish names in here to get people riled up.

But make your own rules, whatever you want, worst performing player you have seen this season. Or just the worst player you have seen all season.

For example I left Naby Keita off my list, does shag all then comes up with a goal, then disappears for weeks on end and pops up with another goal. As a player I just don't know what he's supposed to be.

Panther

Xhaka and Pickford don't belong on this list. Xhaka has been one of Arsenal's better players and the same for Pickford at Everton.

DomM

there's bound to be a few of our players nominated.

Idxomer

According to whoscored, these are the worst rated 10 players in the PL.

Fabio Silva
Ashley Barnes
Nikola Vlasic
Salomon Rondon
Steven Bergwijn
Joe Gelhardt
Mads Roerslev
Tom Cleverly
Aaron Lennon
Shandon Baptiste

Gandalf

Vlasic is a good shout. West Ham decided not to make a serious offer for Jesse thinking we would let him go for peanuts and blew 25M on a clown who would be lucky to get on the bench in League 2.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'd put Lacazette up there.

Red_Aaron

Lukaku is out on his own for this one

The amount of hyperbole in the summer, just what Chelsea needs, guaranteed goals, is now a better player than before, will take them up a level - all absolute horseshit. Can't even get in the team and will be sold in the summer

For united its probably rashford over maguire. HM has had some nightmares but also some decent performances. Marcus has been almost entirely invisible

Oranges038

Xhaka and Pickford don't belong on this list. Xhaka has been one of Arsenal's better players and the same for Pickford at Everton.
Xhaka is just Xhaka, enough said.

Pickford is a loud mouth hot headed gobshite of a keeper and has conceded half as many goals as he's made saved this season. So every third shot on him is basically a goal. One of the worst defences in the league and one of the lowest save %.

Speaking of keepers I'd also put Meslier as one of the worst players this season, he's been truely shocking.

Fabio Silva
Ashley Barnes
Nikola Vlasic
Salomon Rondon
Steven Bergwijn
Joe Gelhardt
Mads Roerslev
Tom Cleverly
Aaron Lennon
Shandon Baptiste
Barnes is a good shout.

Fecking woeful this season and his other years weren't too great either.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fabio Silva cost £35m and has zero goals in 25 games this season. 4 goals last season. But, he is only 19, but that's a lot of money for Wolves on a player who looks far from ready

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Fabio Silva cost £35m and has zero goals in 25 games this season. 4 goals last season. But, he is only 19, but that's a lot of money for Wolves on a player who looks far from ready
Wiki has him down for 62 appearances, 4 goals. :eek:

Must be some kind of record for a PL striker who has seen the pitch that many times. I know he's young, but Shane Long looks like Romario next to him at the minute.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Junior Firpo, Saúl Ñíguez, Emerson Royale, Nuno Tavares and Cedric Soares.

Blood Mage

Rashford has got to be in contention. I'd probably have to say Rondon though.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Wiki has him down for 62 appearances, 4 goals. :eek:

Must be some kind of record for a PL striker who has seen the pitch that many times. I know he's young, but Shane Long looks like Romario next to him at the minute.
The vast majority of those are sub appearances and even when he starts he gets hooked early though - in total over the past two seasons he's played about 1900 minutes (17 starts and 36 league sub appearances).

The broader point stands though that he's been woeful. It was considered a very strange purchase here in Portugal as well - he only ever scored one goal in Liga NOS if I recall correctly. Looked kinda like money laundering if I'm being honest?

NoPace

Vlasic is a good shout. West Ham decided not to make a serious offer for Jesse thinking we would let him go for peanuts and blew 25M on a clown who would be lucky to get on the bench in League 2.
Yeah I think Vlasic would be sold for like 10M now, whereas Fabio Silva you'd still get 25-30M for.

3KDré

Relative to expectations it has to be Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and Bruno. 20+ goals for Rashford two seasons straight to this. Maguire was actually pretty solid last year and I remember our defence being noticeable worse when he got injured just before the summer. Shaw was the best LB in the league arguably the world last season. Bruno had 28 goals and a bucket load of assists too.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Grealish by a distance. He has been an atrocious signing and totally out of his depth. Content with falling to the ground and winning free kicks.

Lukaku - unlike Grealish, had a few decent games and won us some points. Massive let down though, questionable content on interviews and a sulky mess.

Maguire, Bruno and Rashford. Barely kicked a ball all season, particularly Rashford who looks as though he’d rather be anywhere else than on the pitch.

Nuno Tavares. Lego Pep kept trying to shoehorn him into the team ahead of Tierney and it was hilarious to watch. A player so far out of his depth I can only assume he’s related to George Weah.

Vlasik, Wood (25m), Rondon, Jonjoe Kenny and Seamus Coleman, who was finished 5 years ago.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
A list of worst PL players wouldn't be complete without Eric Dier. From the little I've seen of Arsensl Elneny doesn't strike me as a PL player.

Classical Mechanic

Fabio Silva
Ashley Barnes
Nikola Vlasic
Salomon Rondon
Steven Bergwijn
Joe Gelhardt
Mads Roerslev
Tom Cleverly
Aaron Lennon
Shandon Baptiste
The problem with whoscored in this regard is that it doesn’t make any allowance for sub apps. You’ll notice that most of those players have more sub apps than starts. Whoscored rates for on the ball actions so the less time a player is on the pitch the less time they have to improve their score.

Bergwijn has 4 starts and 20 subs apps and Geldhardt 3 starts and 15 sub apps. It’s unfair to really include these players in the hall of shame. Their G+A per 90 numbers are actually decent. The only 3 worth considering are Roerslev, Cleverley and Lennon as they’ve started a lot more games and played a decent amount of minutes. Maybe you could include Silva given his cost and poor contribution.

MalaysianRed7

Bruno has to be there in the list. Sharpest decline season on season.
How on Earth does the midfielder with 10 league goals and 6 assists, the most chances created in the league and still the most assists in the Champions League despite getting knocked out early, deserve to be on the list?

Direct your ire towards Maguire, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford etc in a thread like this. Bruno has not been great by any means, but he hasn’t been awful either.

Oranges038

The problem with whoscored in this regard is that it doesn’t make any allowance for sub apps. You’ll notice that most of those players have more sub apps than starts. Whoscored rates for on the ball actions so the less time a player is on the pitch the less time they have to improve their score.

Bergwijn has 4 starts and 20 subs apps and Geldhardt 3 starts and 15 sub apps. It’s unfair to really include these players in the hall of shame. Their G+A per 90 numbers are actually decent. The only 3 worth considering are Roerslev, Cleverley and Lennon as they’ve started a lot more games and played a decent amount of minutes. Maybe you could include Silva given his cost and poor contribution.
There's a few Leeds players like Koch, Struik and Klich that deserve to be down there.

James Peril

Grealish by a distance. He has been an atrocious signing and totally out of his depth. Content with falling to the ground and winning free kicks.

Lukaku - unlike Grealish, had a few decent games and won us some points. Massive let down though, questionable content on interviews and a sulky mess.

Maguire, Bruno and Rashford. Barely kicked a ball all season, particularly Rashford who looks as though he’d rather be anywhere else than on the pitch.

Nuno Tavares. Lego Pep kept trying to shoehorn him into the team ahead of Tierney and it was hilarious to watch. A player so far out of his depth I can only assume he’s related to George Weah.

Vlasik, Wood (25m), Rondon, Jonjoe Kenny and Seamus Coleman, who was finished 5 years ago.
Rubbish take on Grealish! He has failed to be spectacular, but that takes time when adopting the ideas of Pep Guardiola. He has been good and also very good in many games, just not great (yet). People love to see him fail, but he gets 7’s in most games and has a lot of good involvements. Silly to include him here and Lukaku certainly isn’t doing better. We have to remember Grealish plays for the best team in the league with tons of competition, Lukaku plays for a team that has dropped massively in performance this year and he doesn’t play even when there are no competing strikers.

RedDevilRoshi

Grealish for me. Particularly with all the hype and money they paid to get him last summer.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Grealish has been decent for the top team. Don't think that qualifies.

Lukaku has stunk the place out. He takes the crown for me.