Worst robberies in football history?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Italy - Holland at euro 2000. Though it was a bottle job more than a steal.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Netherlands - Brazil 1998. Should have had a penalty.
It was either this one or that one yea. In retrospect, that's more of a steal, against Italy we just failed utterly whereas in 98 we were great in that match.

God, those were really our glory days. Even if we got to the final in 2010, 98 and 2000 is the strongest Ive seen us.

Lyricist

Dortmund vs Malaga a couple of years ago. If my memory serves me right Dortmund ended up scoring an offside goal in the last couple of minutes thus advancing on goal difference to the semi finals.
Their 3-2 winner was actually offside twice in the build up.
Malaga’s 2-1 that should’ve sealed it was given despite being offside as well though so Dortmund ended up having to do the impossible of chasing 2 goals in the last 10 minutes due to a Malaga offside goal.
Dortmund were the better team over the two legs and came up with 2 goals in stoppage time to win it.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
It was either this one or that one yea. In retrospect, that's more of a steal, against Italy we just failed utterly whereas in 98 we were great in that match.

God, those were really our glory days. Even if we got to the final in 2010, 98 and 2000 is the strongest Ive seen us.
That team was much stronger then the 2010 team indeed.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nonsense, everyone knows that the only correct way to play football is how we do it. Fancy like Oberyn Martell when he's fighting the Mountain.

:wenger:
The Mountain in this scenario would be the guy who's penalty ball was discovered in the Oort Cloud

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The Mountain in this scenario would be the guy who's penalty ball was discovered in the Oort Cloud
I'm reading about the Oort cloud in a book right now, what a silly coincidence.

Wasn't that Jaap Stam?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sorry about what, that we keep beating you? :D
I love playing you guys. It‘s called the European Classico for a reason.
And i have absolutely no problem admitting that you are the biggest club there is.
I hate you and respect you at the same time while always rooting for you opponent. And in this CL you are the lesser of 4 evils so go get that cup! :wenger:

Foxbatt

Robbery as when the Officials were bent or incompetent? Or a smash and grab job? I don't think a smash and grab job should be called a robbery.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely Newcastle at Anfield today.

They should have been about 8 goals down

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I love playing you guys. It‘s called the European Classico for a reason.
And i have absolutely no problem admitting that you are the biggest club there is.
I hate you and respect you at the same time while always rooting for you opponent. And in this CL you are the lesser of 4 evils so go get that cup! :wenger:
Agreed. Plus usually it's great entertainment as we tend to be the two best sides in europe when we play

Alive and Kicking

Surely Newcastle at Anfield today.

They should have been about 8 goals down
Had a funny feeling that game would become one of these, the timing of this thread allied with the ''Portsmouth at OT in 2008'' theme recurring throughout the game, with wave after wave of sitters missed.

Leeds' win two weeks ago at Man City is one of the strongest contenders in recent Premier League seasons, surely? Two shots all game and an entire 2nd half with 10 men. One of the only occasions I genuinely believed a mistake had been made on the live scrolling commentary when Dallas scored the second goal.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The Italians are notorious for it. Calciopoli in 2006 another example. I just couldn't get myself to watch that league, not only I hate the stadiums and Italian mentality on a pitch but also there's a reasonable chance the match is mixed.

Stactix

More recently, utd vs Sheffield not as major as most listed here but even with VAR it was a shambles.

I can't remember if it was the Lindelof hand in face or de gea getting shoved in this match both stonewall fouls mind.

Maguires goal disallowed for touching the keeper.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Against us, the 2005 FA Cup Final. One of the most one sided final ever lost by the better team.
For us, the famous night in Newcastle in 96 when Eric hit the winner. Pure larceny!