Worst you've felt after a football match

Blood Mage

The 2013 defeat to Madrid in Europe after THAT Nani red card. I knew that was Sir Alex's last chance to win the CL. :(

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Definitely Aguero, defeat from the jaws of victory. Being sober for that one didn't help.

Bertie 2 Hats

I attended my first game at Old Trafford in February 1967 as a 6 year old with my Dad...However the earliest worst 2 games i can remember going to was... United v City 1974 & United v Southampton 1976 FA Cup Final... Absolutely sickening

Bobski

Dortmund 97, ridiculous injustice to lose that tie on the balance of play across 2 legs, both their goals deflected, Utd hitting the woodwork 3 times in Germany, missing what felt like dozens of chances in the second, Cantona hitting Kohler lying on the line from 3 yards, Giggs coming off the bench with a hammy and having 2 goals disallowed. Brutal loss, CL has perhaps been fortunate in the 2 wins but even with those there have been more killers to take.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Aguero when watching.
Live, the Bayern game when we were 3-0 up and watching Robben volleying in when we were down to 10 men. Felt like shit

GioF

Because I was at the game and it just felt like we simply got outplayed I’d say the ‘09 CL final against Barca in Rome.

Last edited:

Trequarista10

I just remembered the goal Chelsea scored against us that essentially secured them the title, must have been 2010? Drogba was about 5 yards off side for 5 seconds. I was so annoyed at how it was barely even mentioned post game or in the media, it was the worst decision I've ever seen.

lysglimt

Scout
When we threw away the league in 92 - cant really recall if it was the Forest or West Ham game that made me most depressed - but one of those two.

And the West Ham game when Blackburn won the league - OMG - how did we not win that game by 3 goals

buchansleftleg

Spain world cup 1982, France vs West Germany. Schumacher's assuault of Battiston.

I was still naive and young at the time and watched an amazingly talented French team, guided by Platini and was a fan of their flowing football.

The fact that Schumacer wasn't sent off for his atrocious challenge left me reeling. The world was unfair, callous and cruel. I felt flowing, attacking football was destined to be cheated by dark arts... and it felt that way until another great Frenchman turned up his collar and shone a light again.

sifi36

Leverkusen 2002. I was 14 and it was the first and last time I cried over a game of football. The kind of teenage tears where you’re just angry at the world. The champions league felt so winnable that year after some mediocre runs post-treble. So to fall to one of the “lesser” teams after having created more than enough to put either leg to bed was enraging.

Cantonagotmehere

Without deep thought....the bullsh!t Nani red, that got Sir Alex knocked out of his last Champions League. I still puke whenever I see that awful ref.

Cantonagotmehere

I just remembered the goal Chelsea scored against us that essentially secured them the title, must have been 2010? Drogba was about 5 yards off side for 5 seconds. I was so annoyed at how it was barely even mentioned post game or in the media, it was the worst decision I've ever seen.
Goodness, forgot about that. Yuck.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
I think it was the loss against Liverpool in the Moyes year where I actually punched my sofa for a good 15 minutes afterwards coming to a slow realization about how good I’d had it so far as a United fan and knowing we were probably never gonna have it that good ever again.

mshnsh

1.Aguero moment
2.Loss to Mourinhos Porto
3.Any number of games in seasons 03/4,04/05,05/06 eg loss to Milan, loss to Middlesbrough
4.Any loss to Liverpool or City
5.Loss to Bayern 2010

Oranges038

Probably Dortmund in 97.

I still dislike that club and never want them to win anything.

Ludens the Red

1) CL final 2009
2) 0-1 Wiltord 2002
3) Aguero 2012
4) Leverkusen 2002
5) Everton 1995 (was only 7 and thought Fa Cup was the biggest thing going)
6) CL final 2011
7) Fa Cup semi 2011
8) 0-3 Liverpool 2014
9) Europa League Final 2021
10) Fa Cup final 2005

A few England mentions
1) last weekend
2) 2004 & 2006 penalty losses to Portugal
3) Croatia 2018
4) Pens v Argentina 1998

KGBhoy

Definitely the Aguero moment. I didn't read football news for a month after that. Sickening.

DCP

This years Europa league final and this years Euro final. No other game has left me as pissed off as either of those.

Both were very similar, it doesn’t help that I thinkEngland have similar characteristics to Utd.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
After the pizzagate game is up there for me. I was so gutted after that penalty miss.

Also the 05 FA Cup Final, also against Arsenal. Really deserved to win that game.

Not been to many finals, went to the Worthington Cup final in 2003 when Liverpool beat us. That was a tough day.

ghagua

Recently, any time Utd wins a semi-final. You just know they will screw it up in the final.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
In this order
2012 CL final
1999 CL final

daveskimufc

Losing champions league finals to Barcelona. The first one more than the second one as we ahould have won the first one against them (Ronaldo's last game for utd i think).

Nothing more horrible than losing a CL final.
The second one….Where we were taught a lesson for the full 90 minutes Was humiliating.

Faizu55

To me,the 1-6 mauling we received at home to City and Spurs were unbearable. The Wembley 2011 loss to Barcelona was inevitable even though it pains to lose the way we lost it,but actually i don't think i've felt a bigger heart break than in those two especially the City game which serves as a huge statement of the very beginning of their dramatic rise to the top. I mean what a way to indicate your rise to your rivals

Okey

2011 UCL final. I had only been in the UK 3 years. Thought it was the fates bringing United right to my doorstep for the final. Made my way to the stadium without a ticket and paid almost a grand to get one at the gate. Then the rest happened... Even worse that it took months for the Barca fans chant to leave my head!

CoopersDream

The match against Chelsea at Old Trafford in 2010 is definitely one if them. One if two times I've been at Old Trafford, and every single person in the stadium could see Drogba being miles off, except the linesman.

Other than that, maybe CL final in 2009, felt that one was winnable, an of course the CL exit in 2010 as well. Oh, almost forgot Aguerooo as well, ugh.

gfive

The 2005 FA Cup final, for me. Coming off the back of a disappointing season and playing Arsenal off the park over the course of 120 minutes, just to lose out on penalties.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Losing 10-0 to PSV wasn't the most brilliant point of my Feyenoord supporting days. I still hear the way the home crowd erupted when Lens scored their 10th. Christ. It felt like a funeral.

Jpar

For United: The loss against Barcelona in 2009. Going into the game we were favourites, the best team in the world and were played off the park.

For England: The Euro final loss. Obviously wasn't alive for 66 and the fact that it has taken 55 years to reach a final means there's a chance I will never see England reach a final again unless I make it to 85.