Worst you've felt after a football match

JakeTheRed

Aguero title winner

6-1 to City

Both the CL defeats to Barca

CL defeat to Porto (especially because Scholes had a valid goal disallowed)

stubie

April 1992

Lost at Anfield 2-0 and Leeds won the title! Still hurts nearly 30 years on

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Bayern 2010 is the worst for me. 4-4 aggregate.

2-1 away (L)
and then 3-0 up at home, ended up 3-2

Robben scored and celebrated like a prick.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Losing 2-0 to Italy in 2006. Great tournament by Germany the whole way, great moments as well, had really high hopes of winning it all if going into the final. All that blown away by a brilliant goal by Grosso.

Didn't help that I was watching it with a bunch of cousins who were all supporting Italy. Though it did help that I predicted Italy to win before the world cup started so my prediction was still coming true :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mine has to be the Aguero moment.

Personally United always comes before the country.
Aguero moment seems impossible to beat.

And I've been at a play off final my boys Wycombe lost on pens!
The sheer unlikeliness of City actually being behind and needing 2 goals to win just brewed up the stress to unbelievable levels.
I can't remember shaking as much watching a game.

Even the weekend didn't come close.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Aguero one was the worst for me. I don't think I said a word for hours afterwards.

EL Final felt pretty shitty but maybe recency bias. Sunday was awful too but I'm trying not to think about it.

ManUtd1999

Losing champions league finals to Barcelona. The first one more than the second one as we ahould have won the first one against them (Ronaldo's last game for utd i think).

Nothing more horrible than losing a CL final.
This for me.

Seeing Messi scoring killed me. I will never forget that moment.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
As a Bayern supporter: that CL final against Chelsea.
The loss against United in the final was just so surreal it somehow didn’t hit as badly.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When we lost 6-1 at home to Tottenham cause I have a really, really smug mate who supports Tottenham. Needless to say I was really sympathetic about the rest of their season. That game stung more because of the context surrounding it, it was right at the end of a transfer window where a lot of us felt we'd stood still while our rivals strengthened and the whole world was laughing at the way we were run, that game felt like the final nail in the coffin. Low and behold we went on to have a really strong season so shows what I know.

El Zoido

Aguero one wasn’t too bad cause I never expected them to be in the position to need a last minute goal anyway. I’d already written that title off before kickoff.

The first CL final against Barcelona was the worst for me, as well as some of the older England shootout losses. I find I don’t really care about England as much as I used to, would be nice to win but find myself not being too upset if we lose.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mine has to be the Aguero moment.

Personally United always comes before the country.
Not a loss but the 4-4 against Everton. I knew we had thrown the league right then and there.
These two have really stayed with me as well.

Getting absolutely humped 6-1 by City was also particularly grim, as it felt like the exact moment we were permanently knocked off our perch, Liverpool style (and yeah, I know we won the league one more time but the oil billionaire fuelled end was clearly nigh before that season).

MUFC OK

It's always been the two UCL finals, don't think I'll feel better about that until we win number 4 (could feasibly be next season or in 20 years).

The Europa Final was horrible though. I cant imagine RM, Juve, Bayern, PSG, City, Liverpool or Chelsea losing to Villareal in a final. Was really embarrassing on a big stage.

CallyRed

England defeat is still very raw and it's never nice losing on pens. It's the close games which hurt the most.

GueRed

Losing the title to Blackburn in the last game of the 94/95 season was gutting then losing the FA Cup Final a week later!!fecking hell. that left me pretty much deflated for the rest of that summer.

Losing finals always hurt the most. The Villareal Europa Cup defeat and England the other night are still raw.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I remember how awful I felt after the Villareal game, I had to pretty much tune away from all football for a couple of weeks. Now I realized how horrible it must be for those of you who also support England. Two final losses on penalties in the span of a few weeks. That's harsh.

MUFC OK

Losing finals always hurt the most. The Villareal Europa Cup defeat and England the other night are still raw.
Definitely, I'm feeling a lot of apathy currently considering how both teams played well up until the final then didn't really turn up in their respective biggest game - two crushing penalty defeats. Pretty tired of seeing 'we'll be back stronger' from all of my favourite players.

Not letting myself get drawn into believing for a while.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Losing the title to Blackburn in the last game of the 94/95 season was gutting then losing the FA Cup Final a week later!!fecking hell. that left me pretty much deflated for the rest of that summer.

I feel for Shaw, Rashford, Walker, Sterling, Stones and Foden (not really the city boys ha)

Club finals and country finals butchered.

Drizzle

Aguero is the one. Had to go and have a drive somewhere by myself and just sit with the pain for an hour.

Remember crying when we lost to a last minute winner against Arsenal in the 79 cup final.

Then it's mostly our various feck ups in the champions league - so many missed opportunities.

Reactions: Sultan

Bosws87

Liverpool in the second leg of the Europa the only game i've left before half time.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
2003 UEFA Cup final. Celtic v Porto.

That Porto team were the biggest cheaters I've ever seen. Even the goalkeeper Vitor Baia was at it. Horrible team. That was the night I realised Portugal produce the biggest cheats in football and the players that have come since like Ronaldo, Fernandes, Quaresma and Pepe do nothing to change my mind on that. Masters of the dark arts.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When we lost to Real and Nani got sent off. Took me weeks to not be pissed off about that.
That Nani one was such an outrageously bad decision it's still amazing now.
Made even worse by going back to watching lower league football and seeing such incidents only given as fouls, not even a yellow the weeks after.

Made even worse by seeing Fergie absolutely losing his beans, when he knew it was his last season in the job, and cruelly denied the chance of a Scottish venue final.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sevilla CL tie is very high up there. That charlatan of a manager should've been sacked straight after that press conference.

The 94/95 season is the first I really have memories of - and they're all bad.

The final day 1-1 draw with West Ham to lose the league. From my childhood memory it seemed like we had 50 shots on target that day but just couldn't score.

A week later was the worst I've ever felt after a football match. Cup final against Everton...again my childhood memory suggests we battered them, but Paul Rideout scored the only goal of the game. Still know his name without Googling. I remember I was supposed to be going to a birthday party right after the match, but instead I ran up to my room crying my eyes out and wouldn't come out. Even after I'd finished I refused to go because I insisted to my Mum that all my friends would know I'd been crying. :lol:

Leonzo1

The 2-2 draw with Fulham under Moyes. It Wasn't a very significant game, but the way that awful Fulham team just casually scored the last minute equalizer without breaking a sweat after we clawed our way back in all game was truly sickening.

SATA

The latest is always the most painful, so for me it's the EL final last month. The two CL finals against Barcelona was right up there too, made me realise how far we were from them when we were actually a good football team ourselves managed by Sir Alex

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
1. City beating QPR
2. Bayern in 2010
3. Barca in 09
4. Last Sunday
5. Porto in 04

The most angry I’ve ever felt was when Arsenal beat us 3-0 under LVG. Not sure why it was that defeat in particular but I was enraged.

Sheffield last season is up there too.

Uniquim

It's not at the top of my list, but one which stung for me was the double knock in April 2010.

We'd won 4-0 the week before, Chelsea had won 7-1. We were 1 & 2 on the table, with United 1 point ahead of Chelsea. Even with Arsenal trailing closely, it seemed to be all about United & Chelsea for the title. The two teams meet, and Chelsea win the game 2-1 on an offside goal by Drogba. I was fuming. A few days later we lead 3-1 v Bayern before Rafael gets a second yellow, and Bayern score the goal they need to go through. We draw v Blackburn the following weekend, then United won the rest of the games, but ended up losing by a single point to Chelsea, who had beaten us by an offside goal. :(

As for the CL, we had won it in 08, gotten to the final in 09, and this time around Inter beat Barcelona in the semi finals. We would've faced Lyon. Inter were brilliant that year, but we were also a brilliant side at the time. I feel like those two games potentially kept us away from a league title and another CL final.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
was that the game where Evra scored and literally moments after Bayern equalized? I remember Welbeck missing a sitter at home as well in that home game during a 1 on 1. Failed attempt at a chip.
Nah the one when we threw it away against Bayern under Fergie. 2 late goals at their ground then lost a 3-0 lead at ours. Robben scored a volley. IIRC we had a criminal sending off in that game too