Worst you've felt after a football match

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Mine has to be the Aguero moment.

Personally United always comes before the country.

dinostar77

Losing champions league finals to Barcelona. The first one more than the second one as we ahould have won the first one against them (Ronaldo's last game for utd i think).

Nothing more horrible than losing a CL final.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The EL final is the worst I've felt for many years

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not a loss but the 4-4 against Everton. I knew we had thrown the league right then and there.

MattofManchester

The 3-0 loss to Liverpool under Moyes.

Not only the reality of it, but the sheer humiliation that was dished out that day.

I mean, we lost many knockout games and so on under Fergie, but you knew we'd bounce back.

That loss felt like our plummet to earth and their rise.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That time we got relegated vs Liverpool after a 2-2 draw when we thought we were safe because some guy in the crowd gave the manager the wrong score (Alan Ball) and instead of attacking, we time wasted the last 5 minutes only to find out we were down.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
2006 World Cup, weirdly. Was in a rowdy pub every game of it, with the same big group, massive atmosphere every time. It makes you feel it more.

United was the CL Final loss.

adamwest

fecking hell. Brutal timing. But yes as you noted in the OP - Aguero was worse than this.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Losing champions league finals to Barcelona. The first one more than the second one as we ahould have won the first one against them (Ronaldo's last game for utd i think).

Nothing more horrible than losing a CL final.
To be fair, Barcelona were probably the best team we've witnessed for many years. Even as United fans credit where it's due.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't think anything will ever top the Aguero pain for me in terms of sporting events

I still avoid watching the goal

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Definitely Aguero... Leaving the Stadium of Light that day was just a sickening, sickening moment.

After that it would be Porto (Jose) #2 and Madrid (Nani red) #3.

Oh also that Arsenal cup final when we dominated them and lost on pens.

Today was probably the worst in a long long time though.

el3mel

In addition the other games mentioned here, Sevilla game in 2018 made me stop watching football altogether for about a week.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
90 World cup semi was the worst.

94 FA Cup final was really bad.

Euro 96 Semi was a bummer.

Nothing else comes close, especially as I get older. Tonight barely scratched the sides.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Both finals to Barca. The Aguero goal i couldn’t even comprehend at the time and it sunk in slowly over a few weeks.

Those Barcelona games though. I felt like I never wanted to see another match again. Just empty.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The Porto game and the Drogba goal to effectively win Chelsea the league at Old Trafford that was a country mile offside.

Most recently the Palace one with the penalty against Lindelöf that was so bad that they changed the handball rule about a week later... that was then retaken to make sure they scored after De Gea made his first penalty save since he's been able to grow pubes.

Irwin99

Don't know why but i always remember the pain of 2011 more than Barca 09 which is stupid because the 09 game was WAY more winnable. The 2011 defeat was utterly inevitable.

Felt proud of United when we met Arsenal in the FA cup final 05 but lost on penalties. It hurt but there was a lot of pride in the performance.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Probably wasn't after a big match but rather one of those depressing manager-should-be-sacked-now-but-probably-won't-be losses to a lesser side from recent years.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Zidane headbutt against Materazzi has to be my lowest point.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
2011 CL final was awful, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say tonight because of the Rashford, Sancho and Saka abuse.

It's unacceptable and it makes me wonder why I've followed the team side by side with these pieces of shit for a month, when the only reason they've been silent thus far is because winning is the only thing that stops the abuse. Might be a minority, but they're the most visible.

Zoo

The Aguero moment is a weird one because it felt to me that QPR stopped playing. The Sevilla game with Jose’s football heritage quote was bad.

Nick7

I don’t think we lost but the game against Fulham under Moyes. That was actually heartbreaking.

el3mel

Wow how did you survive :lol:
Is this supposed to be sarcastic ?

There're ton of games played each week across different leagues and European competitions. Football doesn't revolve around United 2 games a week only.

This loss left me feeling so fecking shit back then that my terrible mood was obvious for every one around me the next few days and no one understood why.

MTF

I'm also in the Barcelona 2009 final camp. I thought our team was an unstoppable winning machine, better than the year before and that would find a way to get results, and didn't have half a clue how good that Barcelona team was about to be. So that loss hit like a ton of bricks.