Wot, no transfers? It's all happening now!

Zed 101

I will get shot down but right now if Declan Rice is available to Chelsea I don't understand why we are not hijacking to cover Matic/CB

Highfather_24

Has anyone realised yet we have not bought ONE player this window that will come straight into the first team? A CB, RW, DM could have easily been bought to address these weaknesses in our XI but it has not been.

Our first XI is the same as last season. Let that sink in.

croadyman

Has anyone realised yet we have not bought ONE player this window that will come straight into the first team? A CB, RW, DM could have easily been bought to address these weaknesses in our XI but it has not been.

Yeah hard to feel any excitement when not even your heaviest home defeat for 9 years can spark a transfer reaction from the board

prateik

So if we take the Sancho saga out for a bit.. and forget the Spurs game for now and not be reactionary..

VDB
Cavani - backup short term striker
Telles - backup ? challenging for the starting spot .. attacking LB
Some right winger -- TBD

Apparently several (what is it, 4-5?) really talented 16-18 year olds
And keeping Pogba

I would have been totally fine with that list in Aug.

The way it has unfolded has been shit.. and the awful Spurs game hasnt helped with the mood.. but that game was clearly a one off.. we have played much much better teams and not been anywhere near that bad..

Question. If we were open about Sancho not happening because the club lost ~150m unexpectedly and Dortmund were asking for too much.. and manage to get a RW in before the window closes, would you have been fine with it?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Exactly what the plan was. Sancho fable deal as 2 month distraction and then chasing crumbs at the end. Next year, very big possibility of exactly the same.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
All fart and no poo.

Not even a bid for Sancho on deadline day. feck sake.
We didin't even give up as we didn't even started fighting for him.

Board relaxed as always... and then people arguing why Mourinho was pissed and started roasting everyone in the end.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So if we end up with:
Dembele, Cavani, Telles, VDB, Traore, that in my opinion isn’t a bad window.

It’s just the context of how this happened.

croadyman

So if we end up with:

Yeah exactly like letting Upamecano's release clause expire and hoping Dortmund would buckle on Sancho

onemanarmy

So if we end up with:

Yeah, my sentiment too. Improvement in depth, young talents, improvement on leftback... We'll sign Sancho and a CB next year.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah, my sentiment too. Improvement in depth, young talents, improvement on leftback... We'll sign Sancho and a CB next year.
Agreed or ideally Dembele morphs into a united legend and Sancho becomes a forgotten relic!

If we had Dembele sorted back In August we would have time to have gotten over Sancho and maybe quite pleased with our business.

Centre back is obviously vital.

croadyman

Agreed or ideally Dembele morphs into a united legend and Sancho becomes a forgotten relic!

If we had Dembele sorted back In August we would have time to have gotten over Sancho and maybe quite pleased with our business.

Centre back is obviously vital.
Yeah does feel like Utd want the best of both worlds in Dembele on loan now and a chance to still get Sancho next summer, however all reports seem to suggest Barca are only looking to sell.

GenZRed

Cavani would have been a good transfer six years ago.

We are picking him up because we are a desperate club ran by incompetent people. Cavani has been a free agent for months and nobody has picked him up.

Hackman2210

No chance with Dembele - total smokescreen! Cant see us blowing that much money on a over-rated winger........oh hang on!

Transfer window has been a shambles. Phil Jones, Rojo still at the club and not even in the match day squads or even near the match day squads. Cavanni is a desperation signing. Telles - Meh not overly keen tbh. Might be slightly better than Luke Shaw, but a 5 year deal?? What if he's shit? It has happened to us before.
Cannot figure out the Traore transfer - havent we just sent Chong on loan? And now another 18year old who wont play til Jan?
Dembele I cannot see joining us - he would be insane to do so. Might as well sit tight at Barca at least it doesnt piss down 75% of the time over there.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How many kids we bought this year? I am for buying top talents but we went overboard with that.
Left back, right back, 2 wingers, 2 strikers. Around 40 mil for them.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is going to be a long long season for United fans . People forget that we were awful for 75% of last season and now most teams have strengthened . I think there is zero chance United finish top 4

el3mel

When are they gonna announce Cavani deal at least ? Come on, at least give me something I'm excited about.

DRM

This is going to be a long long season for United fans . People forget that we were awful for 75% of last season and now most teams have strengthened . I think there is zero chance United finish top 4
Agreed

Infra-red

I wouldn't put our chances of finishing 4th quite at zero, but it can't be much more than 10%.

We're not a good side and our rivals look to have improved in this window, while we're squandered the opportunity.

The talk in July/August of pushing on and closing the gap to the top, now looks absolutely ludicrous, obviously. CL qualification is the only aim this season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Absolutely piss poor transfer window. Shambolic. Worse than Fellaini debacle. At least we had a squad who just won the league in 2013.