Wot, no transfers? It's all happening now!

ravi2

Remember the 07/08 summer transfer window where we nailed the Anderson/Nani signings early in the window, and then added Hargreaves as a final inclusion later in the window. Yeah I miss that.
You mean the pre-Glazer days when we routinely competed for titles and showed intelligence and ambition in the transfer market?
Its clear the Glazers are ok with top 4 and collecting the Champions league money to divide amongst themselves.

Nothing will change until they go.

Dominos

You mean the pre-Glazer days when we routinely competed for titles and showed intelligence and ambition in the transfer market?
Its clear the Glazers are ok with top 4 and collecting the Champions league money to divide amongst themselves.

2007 was under the Glazers..

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

We won titles under the Glazers in their early days with smart recruitment. We’ve seen Liverpool build a team with smart recruitment under a similar regime.

Oh, and we’ve also spent enough money to build two title winning teams over the last 6 years.

Revaulx

It's grand everyone listing of players to get rid of. The reality is that the people in charge aren't up to it, I'm not saying to lower standards. Just face the fact that this window has been a disaster, highly likely we will not get anyone out. I have no trust in the board and them thieves in charge.
Indeed. And if they can’t get rid of Smalling, what chance do they have with the rest of them?

Infra-red

Not really the biggest fan of Ole as a manager, but you do have to feel sorry for him.

Gets top 4 against all odds and then Woodward completely shafts him in summer - left him with a squad that's paper thin on quality and packed with useless, overpaid, injury-prone dead wood.

shahzy

2007 was under the Glazers..
The Glazer malaise hadnt set in just yet. The club was running as is at that point and they were like the penguins from madagascar "Smile and wave boys, smile and wave" :lol:

croadyman

Not really the biggest fan of Ole as a manager, but you do have to feel sorry for him.

Gets top 4 against all odds and then Woodward completely shafts him in summer - left him with a squad that's paper thin on quality and packed with useless, overpaid, injury-prone dead wood.
Yeah he has well and truly been shafted by Woody & co

shahzy

Its pretty obvious to me at least we are not going to be relevant under the current mangement barring a managerial miracle. They just dont want to win, its clear as day. The sooner we accept that as fans, the less invested we will be, the less we will care, the less we will spend, the quicker they will feck off

BorisManUtd

Some 2,5 weeks to go. Still expect 1-2 players to come in, just a shame we're leaving it too late.

ravi2

The Glazer malaise hadnt set in just yet. The club was running as is at that point and they were like the penguins from madagascar "Smile and wave boys, smile and wave" :lol:
The rot started when the Glazers and Ed took over, since we replaced Ronaldo with Valencia in 2008 its been a steady downward trajectory.

11reds

The fact a United fan has set up a go fund me page to help but Sancho tells you all you need to know about the lack of transfer activity at United. Pathetic that we are so inept.

Kaos

You mean pre-Woodward days? Glazers were still leeching back then, we were just lucky we had Sir Alex and David Gill carrying us to success both on the pitch and on transfer negotiations.

RedFish

Its pretty obvious to me at least we are not going to be relevant under the current mangement barring a managerial miracle. They just dont want to win, its clear as day. The sooner we accept that as fans, the less invested we will be, the less we will care, the less we will spend, the quicker they will feck off
That's just not going to happen.

Strelok

That's exactly what happened with my Arsenal mates.

Started with disappointment, frustration, anger, despair. Now they basically just don't care anymore. There's a bit of new hope for top 4 with Arteta. But that's all.

It scares me to think that one day we'll become like that.

DarkLord

We are literally a Bruno Fernandes injury and suspension away from being back to square one bar Donny Van Der Beek who I think is a squad player at best unfortunately.

ReallyUSA

First time in my life that /r/reddevils, social media, my other forum, and cafe are on the same page about an issue. At least they brought the fans closer.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So no Sancho, not even Bale and clearly no Reguilon (I don't know enough about him to know if we needed him, to be honest). I hear Amazon Prime have contacted Woodward to do a documentary on his work at the club. It's to be called Nothing Or Nothing

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

the whole board must also take responsibility. Siting there taking money for doing bugger all

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

said most of this a couple of weeks back (expected huge abuse as usual... got almost none. Says all you need to know)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It's embarrassing when the likes of Newcastle and Villa bring in more recruits than United. But when Levy does it, you know the world has turned upside-down

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
United’s negotiation policy seems to be just “bid less than the asking price”

Madrid asked €30m for Reguilon, United wouldn’t pay more than €20m. If Madrid’s asking price was €50m we would probably bid €40m :lol:

This summer shows once again how bad we need a DOF

If Dortmund wanted £200m for Sancho we’d be bidding £175m right now.

Loon

:lol:
I still think we'll see action before October. For no reason at all, I think Solskjaer will get his number one target...

georgipep

United’s negotiation policy seems to be just “bid less than the asking price”

Madrid asked €30m for Reguilon, United wouldn’t pay more than €20m. If Madrid’s asking price was €50m we would probably bid €40m :lol:

This summer shows once again how bad we need a DOF

If Dortmund wanted £200m for Sancho we’d be bidding £175m right now.
Sooo, your negotiation policy (and I assume you're saying a DOF's policy would be) is to just pay the asking price? That's not called negotiating. That's called buying at retail price. And it's a sure way to get played.

HowYouDoin

Alright so no one knows whats happening with the Smalling situation but if he stays he has to play. That alone does upgrade our CBs so you can make the argument we dont need to buy one for next season. Also having Henderson has to count for something too.
Along with DVB you can argue we upgraded 2 or 3 spots compared to last year.

However we still need a full back and a forward.
Telles and Perisic would be a solid window.
Smalling, DVB, Telles, Perisic, you can really say we added some depth. Go for it!

Suv666

Arsenal- Willian, Magalhaes
Spurs- Regullion, Bale, Doherty, Hojbjerg

With Arsenal still chasing a CDM, both the London clubs seem to have invested in their squads considerably. With just VDB I reckon we're going to struggle. Hopefully we make top four.

Jaxa

A Smalling and Perisic swap on deadline day to save the day ! the morale is high and the good vibes continue to flow, Ed with a grin as big as a cheshire cat, 21 is coming !! shouts the Glazers from a Laptop i via a zoom call , wow, cannot wait.

Chairman Steve

Despite there being 2-3 weeks of window left and plenty of time to do stuff, the lack of progression is annoying as shit and frustrating.

Dropping silly points between now and the window closing will be frustrating, especially come the end of the season and we miss out on a Champions League spot by a point or two.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Sooo, your negotiation policy (and I assume you're saying a DOF's policy would be) is to just pay the asking price? That's not called negotiating. That's called buying at retail price. And it's a sure way to get played.
It's a sure way to get the player you want and need. If you go into a shop for a fridge than costs £220 and offer £100, what do you think the sales person will say?

DevilRed

Even the most optimistic of fans will be worried now. The pressure truely is on to make a splash this summer by signing Sancho (and a centreback hopefully).

With each passing day it looks more and more like a game of high stakes chicken. Either that or we just don't have the funds to sign him, at least without departures from Smalling and the like.

Its also worth noting that our quarterly results will be announced soon. That may be another factor for the delay in progress. The results are likely to paint a dire picture. I think either Ed turns into a hero or the fans will turn on him even moreso.

Rolaholic

Feels like we're stuck in purgatory at the moment while all our rivals strengthen this window and the one that hasn't really yet, City, already have a better side.

I felt like we were the 3rd best team in the leafue when the window started and was hoping we'd build on the finish to the season but with Chelsea getting loads better, Spurs looking like a top 4 threat all of a sudden and with Arsenal possibly signing a world class potential talent like Aouar, I'm honestly getting worried about our top 4 prospects. Even Everton look very strong on paper.

Really hope we have something up our sleeve for the final week of the window besides a desperate panic buy that won't move the needle.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We will sign a right winger. Either Sancho or a panic loan deal like Coman or Costa.

We’re not getting a CB or LB.
Not sure where the confidence comes from. We never do loan deals and at this point Dortmund wouldn't even sell even if we offer their price, as time after time they made their deadline clear (unless Sancho kicks up a fuss, which he likely wont).

NJM78

This club loves to banter it's fans. I'm beyond giving two shits now, I will not be at all surprised if it ends up being rinse and repeat next year when yet another manager has been let go due to no trophies or CL.

The useless overpaid crap we can't sell will still be here and Pogba probably angling for a move with one year left on his deal, no way he signs a new contract if we don't show ambition in the next two weeks.

Crustanoid

I genuinely think Ed is made of teflon. He has been failing the fans spectacularly for years. Each lowpoint seems like it can't get any worse. Then it does. He is untouchable. What he has done (hasn't done) this summer defies belief. The fact we have gone from being miles ahead of City and Liverpool to miles behind in his tenure should be enough to hold him to account. And with a host of other teams now catching up and likely surpassing us it is only going to get worse.

georgipep

It's a sure way to get the player you want and need. If you go into a shop for a fridge than costs £220 and offer £100, what do you think the sales person will say?
If you think buying a hundred million pounds player is the same process and rationale as buying a fridge, I have nothing to say to you.

Also, no business buys without negotiation and attempting to bring the price down. There is a thing called "fair value" and also another thing called "affordability" for each asset acquisition.

Just buying a player because we believe he will make us a better performing team doesn't mean the cost doesn't matter. That's simple thinking that may be acceptable from fans and other clueless outsiders but is out of the question in business and among club decision-makers.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Every other team competing with us has improved in a big way or will do (City with a CB).

We need 2 players.

Stacks

£244,000,000 invested in 12 months.