Would Ander Herrera get in this team?

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Now we've had time for reflection after Ander Herrera left the club. Would he get into the first team? Fred and McTominay look very solid at the moment and now Pogba is trying to force his way back in. What do you think?

Varun

Staff
Yes but I don't see the point of the thread. He's hardly a superstar you wish was still here

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Such an overrated player just equal to mctomminay on experience.

Wouldn't get in to post January transfer window.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There's not really a lot between Herrera and this seasons Fred and McTominay, all much of a muchness tbh

Ace of Spades

Probably, he would be as good an option as Fred and McTominay, and better than Matic. Also, would be better than any of Lingard, Mata and Periera, so yeah he would have added something to the squad.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Course he would. There's a reason our midfield has been so easy to walk through since his departure. There's a lot of posters who can't admit they were wrong about him. His ability to recycle the ball and then move it on swiftly is woefully understated.

But he's gone now. We have McTominay who is looking really promising.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
In recent state yes, but one good and productive transfer window can change the view on him drastically.

Add to that McTom improving and maybe we could have team that doesn't need Herrera whatsoever... but we really need that productive window which allow us to build some sort of midfield for tournaments like Champions League and not Europa.

Stadjer

Not sure if he would. If he did get in the team it wouldnt be because he is a special player but only because McT isnt a special player either.

I dont think we really miss him when McT is fit.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is better than Fred easily and he is better than the likes of Lingard ad Perreira too.

King Eric 7

He played with a lot more passion than quality for us. Good midfielder but doesn't get into the starting lineup. It would have been nice to keep him on a sensible wage, but it wasn't to be.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does he start for PSG?

I think he'd play most games ahead of McTom but I think Fred's an all round better footballer.
He's been injured most of the time. He started their version of the Community Shield, came off injured and missed the first four league games. Was subbed on for PSG's fifth league game then subbed on again in the Champions League against Real Madrid. He started the next couple of league games, left on the bench for the eighth game, then subbed on again in the Champions League. He then started four league games in a row including a Champions League game before succumbing to injury, missing eight games and has just returned as an unused sub for their last league game.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Herrera would walk into our team. Delusion to think otherwise. He's not a great player but our midfield has been abysmal this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When we win, no.
When we haven't won, yes.

Most of us know that Herrera wasn't quite enough for us, and certainly not for the wage he was after

Yes he’s a better player than Fred.
Not for me, this season Fred has shown he's a very good player. Fred can actually control a game and has a range of passing much beyond Ander and his 10 yarders.

Right now Ander would start alongside Fred, but let's be honest, it's still wouldn't be a brilliant midfield, you'd want either of them with a top drawer CM and Pogba.

Bwuk

Not for me, this season Fred has shown he's a very good player. Fred can actually control a game and has a range of passing much beyond Ander and his 10 yarders.

Right now Ander would start alongside Fred, but let's be honest, it's still wouldn't be a brilliant midfield, you'd want either of them with a top drawer CM and Pogba.
Fred’s played a handful of good games, but we still can’t control a midfield, are sitting mid table and he’s also had some woeful games.

Herrera is a far better player. It’d be him and McTominay w/ Pogba advanced.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Who actually cares? He'd hardly change our fortunes, so it's a bit moot.

billybee99

Oh great, another thread for people to jizz all over Herrera - a decent midfielder who some people on here treat like he was Roy Keane or Paul Scholes.