Television Would I Lie To You?

Irrational.

Is this the best gameshow on TV at the moment?

The chemistry between David Mitchell and Lee Mack is brilliant, and the way they have to bullshit their way through some of the scenarios has me in stitches sometimes.

For long-term fans, this has to be my favourite effort:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah great show. Would be nothing without those two though.

JP77

One of the best shows on TV, think I've seen almost every single episode.

Greg Davies and Rhod Gilbert are some of the best guests they've had

Mack and Mitchell have brilliant chemistry together, absolutely hilarious some of the lies they have to come up with on this. Could post hundreds of clips on this, probably one of the most consistently funny shows I've ever seen. Lee's "my judo instructor told me off when she caught me having a pint before a tournament..." :lol:

Not sure if anybody see the opener for the current series but Martin Kemp looked pissed as feck :lol:

JP77

Another gem from the last episode:

"Ann-Marie?"
"Who's she?"
"Dunno"

:lol::lol:
Rhod is brilliant on the show, wish he could be a regular. He's so good at the game itself at times, seems like he's making it up as he goes along half the time yet they turn out to be true. Has so many great stories too.

Irrational.

Rhod is brilliant on the show, wish he could be a regular. He's so good at the game itself at times, seems like he's making it up as he goes along half the time yet they turn out to be true. Has so many great stories too.
Agreed!

Bob Mortimer is easily my favourite though.

JP77

I love Mack on this but really wish Davies could be on every episode. They replayed this episode on BBC One the other night :D

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bah, I was hoping this would be about a new series.

Anyway, love the show - my favourite panel show by far. Mack and Mitchell are brilliant playing off each other.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How is it still going with Lee and David as captains? They must have run out of material (true/false events) by now.

I know it is mostly scripted and the chemistry between them two is so good but still irritates me a bit.

Oldyella

Love this. Easily the best panel show around. Just looks like everyone who goes on it is having a blast.

Member 39557

How is it still going with Lee and David as captains? They must have run out of material (true/false events) by now.

I know it is mostly scripted and the chemistry between them two is so good but still irritates me a bit.
I've seen it being recorded. I'm sure there are some scripted elements, but a lot of it seemed quite off the cuff.

Member 39557

I was a bit harsh saying 'mostly'. Have a good time - and who was there?
It was ok. It dragged on a bit, a lot gets cut out and then there's a tedious bit at the end where you have to cheer/clap for all the renditions of Brydon reading out the fake winners and re-recording lines that weren't picked up properly by the microphones/cameras.

We had a hairy biker, Griff Rhys Jones and the woman who sits next to piers Morgan on morning TV. Can't remember who the other guest was. The hairy biker had a good story about being locked overnight in a bank.

My friend had spare tickets, otherwise I would never have thought of going. I really like the show, but it's far better on TV.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Bob is just a legend, his episodes are always the best ones.
After the apple and the dentistry and everything else, I consider any claim by Bob Mortimer completely credible right up until the moment it is proven false. I was on board with the egg in the bath. It seemed utterly ridiculous, but... Bob Mortimer.

Member 39557

After the apple and the dentistry and everything else, I consider any claim by Bob Mortimer completely credible right up until the moment it is proven false. I was on board with the egg in the bath. It seemed utterly ridiculous, but... Bob Mortimer.
He's a legend.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bob Mortimer is bloody hilarious

To be fair, Lee Mack trying to create a story for some totally far fetched nonsense is highly entertaining... and David Mitchell is great at grilling the other team

Skills

Snitch
I love the way Bob Mortimer tells his stories. The delivery makes the ridiculousness of them even more hilarious

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Wonderful show. I have all the back episodes on mp4 and re-watch them regularly. That and 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Never watched it on Tv for some reason but watched a couple of clips on Youtube and now it's the only thing YouTube recommends. Really like it.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Sometimes Lee Mack is astonishingly quick.
It's no wonder Victoria Coren Mitchell described him as one of the most intelligent people she knows.

On a side note (though I don't to come across as someone who thinks he knows the people involved) I've enjoyed seeing David Mitchell become so much more relaxed with his wife, daughter and beard.

I hope Claudia Winkelman is on again soon. Such a shame about Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, who was involved in a couple of the best early episodes.

Others I'd love to see back are Katherine Parkinson, Keeley Hawes and Mackenzie Crook. Plus Rachel Riley and Suzie Dent, of course.

Ivor Ballokov

It's a great show, the chemistry between the three is brilliant, there's something incredibly fun about seeing David Mitchell laughing uncontrollably at something.

Also this might be of interest to some of you, Mack, Brydon and Mitchell are touring together next year.

Amarsdd

Best panel show of all time. I think it even beats Whose line is it anyway? (with Drew Carey as host) for me.