Would Moyes have really done any worse?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You look at what he’s doing with West Ham now. If we had stuck with him rather than getting rid I think we’d now be in a much better position than we currently are. Which granted wouldn’t be difficult because we are fecking dreadful.

Foxbatt

I think so. He would look grumpy and it would look worse.

You look at what he’s doing with West Ham now. If we had stuck with him rather than getting rid I think we’d now be in a much better position than we currently are. Which granted wouldn’t be difficult because we are fecking dreadful.
god no.

we were in free fall. It’s not been great, but bloody hell it would have been much worse with this tool in charge.

Trophy Room

A bit of free life advice: Always look forward.

SER19

Moyes has one good season with West ham after years of absolute stinking failure and single handedly collapsing the notion of United as a team to fear and Old Trafford as a place to fear. Every single manager since has been picking up the pieces of the destruction of the club.

Delete this car crash thread.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yes. He had done worse and he would’ve have done worse even more given the chance.

Champagne Football

Moyes had unlimited spending power and could only land Fellaini first, then Mata in a helicopter in the next window.

Compare his spending to Ole's and its clear Moyes wouldn't know what a player with Utd DNA was even if their names were tattooed on his forehead.

Then he's getting success with West Ham with tactics that would not work at a big club. We see it happen in the PL, every now and again where a defensive manager has a good season with limited budget by parking the bus every game then hitting teams on the counter. At the end of the day Moyes methods are no different to Sam Allardyce or Sean Dyche.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Moyes has one good season with West ham after years of absolute stinking failure and single handedly collapsing the notion of United as a team to fear and Old Trafford as a place to fear. Every single manager since has been picking up the pieces of the destruction of the club.

Delete this car crash thread.
Dramatic much.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes. He went to Sociedad and failed, he got relegated with Sunderland. Maybe in those years he's learnt a few more things.

The club was too big for him, You could tell by how overawed he seemed in pre season.

Moyes is a decent motivator of average players. He can organise them and push them on to try and break the expectations of a west ham or everton. That's his level, which is not to be laughed at.

Moyes does not have the ability, character or standing in the game to manage top class players and get the best from them. He couldn't adapt when he joined United - he thought he could use the same methods that worked with Osman, Jagielka, Cahill with a squad of multiple champions and legends in the game

If Moyes can stablise West Ham as a top half of the table team then he will have done well to get his reputation back on track a bit - having found his level again he needs to stay there... which shouldn't be a problem because no big club would ever hire him after the destruction he did to United.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I would prefer Big Sam to Moyes and I am not even joking.
The highlight of Moyes’ United career for me was the thread/link on the Caf “Mata in suits” :drool:
The lowest point among so many others was some no name footballer at Fulham making fun of United / our tactics after our crossing festival against them.

el3mel

To be honest I never really expected us to pull the trigger on him throughout the whole season. I was fully expecting us to give him at least one more season with a good market before taking a decision even though I hated him with passion. The sacking news came as a shocking surprise for me.

I would prefer Big Sam to Moyes and I am not even joking.
The highlight of Moyes’ United career for me was the thread/link on the Caf “Mata in suits” :drool:
The lowest point among so many others was some no name footballer at Fulham making fun of United / our tactics after our crossing festival against them.
if prefer a Big Mac than Moyes.

in all seriousness, I’d pick hundreds of managers over him.

the work fraud is overused on this forum, but he’s the definition of a fraud.

Smores

if prefer a Big Mac than Moyes.

in all seriousness, I’d pick hundreds of managers over him.

the work fraud is overused on this forum, but he’s the definition of a fraud.
How is he a fraud? What nonsense.

He's a decent manager just not a top one.

I'd actually say for all our post fergie managers that i wouldn't rule out that they could have turned it around. Even Ole despite wanting him sacked i think he could progress. For all of them they didn't deserve that chance though.

How is he a fraud? What nonsense.

He's a decent manager just not a top one.

I'd actually say for all our post fergie managers that i wouldn't rule out that they could have turned it around. Even Ole despite wanting him sacked i think he could progress. For all of them they didn't deserve that chance though.
he thinks he did well at United, that he was still the best man for the job, and can’t admit he was shit.

won one trophy in his entire career.

that’s a fecking fraud if ever I’ve seen one

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ole might not be a world class manager but at least he knows which players to bring in.

Moyes spent half of the transfer kitty on Fellaini. Thats his first major signing. Also brought his own staffs which looked like lottery winners that managed to land a job at Utd.

It was like he's Willy Wonka handing out golden tickets all to the wrong kids. My bad, more like Willy Wanker.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Don't encourage him.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If Ole was at West Ham they’d get relegated. Moyes has done a terrific job, but he is not a big club manager & never will be.

The Firestarter

You must have been blackmailing some mod , every thread you create in the football forums is wummery :lol:

No. He was abysmal at United. He had a summer window, he had £200m he dithered and spent £27m on Fellaini.

It’s like saying Roy Hodgson has done well at Palace, should Liverpool have given him more time... Moyes isn’t cut out for managing a top team or going for trophies. He’s cut out for being an underdog, if West Ham qualify for the CL, invest in players etc you watch them regress under Moyes next year as he fails to cope with the expectations.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Internet fans. Gotta love them.

All it takes is for one of our old boys to show they aren't totally useless for a short spell of time, then suddenly we should never have let them go!

I swear there's still plenty who think Welbeck shouldn't have been sold, and we know loads thought Evans shouldn't have been!

el3mel

What an absolutely embarrassing OP. Anything less than instant and constant perfection and we are the worst team to ever play the game.

Cringeworthy stuff.
I get it you don't follow esmufc07 threads regularly ? :D

He posts these threads for fun. You're not supposed to take them seriously so calm down.

Ibi Dreams

Ridiculous question really

Moyes DID do much worse. We all saw it happen. It was absolutely shite.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Fellaini would be still our player. They would tore apart Klopp's Liverpool with Lingard and Januzaj plus Welbeck on the wings.

TheMitz

Don't forget Moyes had the legend that is Steve Round alongside him.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
David, stop starting threads here and get serious about coaching the Hammers.

Eire Red United

he thinks he did well at United, that he was still the best man for the job, and can’t admit he was shit.

won one trophy in his entire career.

that’s a fecking fraud if ever I’ve seen one
He was shite here, but he did reasonably well at Everton on a shoe string and has an average West Ham team punching above their weight. That’s his level.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

He posts these threads for fun. You're not supposed to take them seriously so calm down.
It was funny once or twice

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

I don’t really see the fun to be honest, pretty childish either way.

There’s that many miserable sods on here shooting down there own team it’s difficult to tell what’s real and what’s not. I wonder if this really is a Utd supporters forum sometimes...