Would no money spent in January indicate Poch in the summer?

Infra-red

The squad is good enough for top 4. The point was to push on with the correct investment. Then we would know if Ole was truly out of his depth.
Push for what? Trophies? That's not on the horizon and not on the owners' agenda.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
There will be no poch
There will be no signings
There will be no good times
There will only be misery

Zoo

Push for what? Trophies? That's not on the horizon and not on the owners' agenda.
Close the gap on the top 2 would have been the objective with proper investment. Now we’re in a dogfight for top 4 with multiple teams.

Don’t get how you can state that Ole is out of his depth as a fact when he did what was needed last season and deserved support this summer.

alexthelion

Sorry to bump an old thread but this feels relevant to me. Am I the only one that suspects that this same thing is happening now? Obviously switch January to summer transfer window. Ole isn’t getting backed. Poch is still sitting tight. Could be just me though.
Hope not.

alexthelion

The squad is good enough for top 4. The point was to push on with the correct investment. Then we would know if Ole was truly out of his depth.
The first XI is good enough, the squad is pants. Injuries have shown this so why do posters continually go on about the squad being good enough?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
There will be no poch
There will be no signings
There will be no good times
There will only be misery
There will be plenty of profits for the Glazers and Woodward will be handsomely rewarded.

Loon

:lol:
I'm looking at when this thread was created and it kind of puts it in perspective. Looking at it now, Solskjaer has hit his targets as contracted by the club and the club should in return be supporting him with their backing in the hope of improving on last season.

The Urban Goose

Sorry to bump an old thread but this feels relevant to me. Am I the only one that suspects that this same thing is happening now? Obviously switch January to summer transfer window. Ole isn’t getting backed. Poch is still sitting tight. Could be just me though.
No, that would assume the board have some kind of plan. Don't be silly.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It doesn't matter who the manager is with the Glazers in charge, and Woodward running the show for them.

Any manager that comes in, the fans will believe this time it is different and we are going to challenge for the title again in 2-3 years. The manager will get top 4, and we will only need a few areas strengthening to challenge for the title, but that won't happen. Instead, the Glazers will sit back and not invest until we drop out of the top 4 and need to get CL football again. Rinse and repeat. The Glazers care about money alone, the largest profit margin for them is to obtain CL football every year, because investing money to win the PL will cost more money than it will make for them.