Would we have beaten Spurs?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We haven't been in this good a form since Ole's infamous caretaker run, Tottenham haven't been in this bad form since, i dont even remember when. Considering our stellar form against the big6 sides, I'd say we were at least favorites to walk away with 3 points.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Most likely we would have yes. We raise our game against the better teams and Spurs were having a huge injury crisis. Jose would park the bus and before Bruno we would have struggled to break through but I think we'd have found a way eventually. I don't overly rate Aurier so he'd probably have given away 6/7 pens. :p

Yagami

Good post resistant
Considering Ole's record in big games, our good form since Bruno (& Ighalo) joining, and Spurs not having the likes of Kane, Son and probably others I'm forgetting, i would've been confident of a win.

steve88

Would say I was confident for a win and still am ifcseason carries on but players returning on both sides things coukd change.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Furious it was just before this game the season ended. We'd have shat on Spurs and Mourinho.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah, they had about a thousand injuries.

patty123

Well be beat them 2/1 start of Dec with them at full strength and us with young at LB, lingard as well as james, greenwood and rashford as our front 4, so yeah given how we have massively improve since then, yeah 3/0.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It seems so long ago I remember being irritated the game got called off before we could win it.

Seems like a different lifetime ago now, and so inconsequential!

CM

Yeah, would've been nice to see us put Mourinho in the dirt again before football stopped

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We were overwhelming favourites IMO. They had nobody who could score or create goals (literally) while we were flying.

You look at the remaining fixtures and with Pogba returning and the form of Bruno, Ighalo coming in nicely to rest Martial when needed, I think we'd have definitely gotten in the top 4.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It seems so long ago I remember being irritated the game got called off before we could win it.

Seems like a different lifetime ago now, and so inconsequential!
It really does feel a long time ago, it's very strange.

To the op, yes we would of destroyed them in my opinion.

Ventura

We would have trashed them and embarrassed that .... man Mourinho once and for all. He would have no choice but to resign and go into hiding in a cave in the Himalayas to ponder where it all went so wrong.

caid

I wrote Spurs off before the break. Most had. Even leaving aside injuries they weren't playing well and Mourinho was having a daily strop
Most teams would have beaten them

cyril C

Had we played on scheduled day, we definitely win. Play next month will see Son and Kane back, when everyone else out of form, I would say 50-50.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think so. Unless if our finishing was off in that game, I don't see us not to win against Spurs without Kane, Son, Bergwijn. And defensively they were in the shocking form at that time if I remember (pretty much the whole season).

-Supreme-

Great seeing how much we have improved and the state of Spurs squad with only two players that would get into our team, it was only 2 years ago that they were one of the best teams in England and were close to winning the title.

Yes.

We were on form and Spurs were collapsing on and off the pitch.

The season pause was as disastrous for us as it was for Liverpool.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Yes.

We were on form and Spurs were collapsing on and off the pitch.

The season pause was as disastrous for us as it was for Liverpool.
Not really. We're getting pogba and rashford back, our two best players. It'll be exciting au the very least

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Had we played on scheduled day, we definitely win. Play next month will see Son and Kane back, when everyone else out of form, I would say 50-50.
I think you'll still win it. The feeling around Utd is better than Spurs with all of the off pitch dispute about furloughing staff etc and while Utd have come out of this admirably so far, Levy has once again been shown to be a cnut.

Son and Kane will be back as will Rashford and Pogba - at full strength, you're the better team and Mou is still tit who doesn't understand social distancing or lock down!

cyberman

Spurs start slow after a pre season and this is that on steroids so we will still win.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think yes, we were in great form and Tottenham had lots of injuries and a few grumbles in the camp forming.

Obviously they still have good players like Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso but missing Kane and Son was huge.

cyril C

I think you'll still win it. The feeling around Utd is better than Spurs with all of the off pitch dispute about furloughing staff etc and while Utd have come out of this admirably so far, Levy has once again been shown to be a cnut.

Son and Kane will be back as will Rashford and Pogba - at full strength, you're the better team and Mou is still tit who doesn't understand social distancing or lock down!
Son and Kane are far more important to Spurs, compared with Pogba, whom we will struggle to fit in. Rashford is valid but 2-1 in terms of returning key players.