Would we have beaten Spurs?

Red00012

We would have beat them if it was played.

I’d be less confident if both sides were fully fit

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Son and Kane are far more important to Spurs, compared with Pogba
I respectfully disagree, since Pogba joined you get on average 1.92 points a game when he is playing and 1.61 when he's not and you score 1.69 goals per game with him and 1.44 without. Even your defence is slightly better, conceding .98 with him and 1.0 without (very slight difference though) I know Bruno has stepped up and given the drive and creativity you missed so much, but the two of them in the same squad is huge. For what its worth I think you'll keep Pogba and him and Bruno with addition of Sancho will have you challenging the very best.

Shark

@NotShark
Yes.

We were on form and Spurs were collapsing on and off the pitch.

The season pause was as disastrous for us as it was for Liverpool.
Nah, not really. Our run of fixtures past Spurs are very very favorable. If we can't still finish top four if the season resumes, we've only ourselves to blame. Then we were also deep into the Europa League.

cyril C

I respectfully disagree, since Pogba joined you get on average 1.92 points a game when he is playing and 1.61 when he's not and you score 1.69 goals per game with him and 1.44 without. Even your defence is slightly better, conceding .98 with him and 1.0 without (very slight difference though) I know Bruno has stepped up and given the drive and creativity you missed so much, but the two of them in the same squad is huge. For what its worth I think you'll keep Pogba and him and Bruno with addition of Sancho will have you challenging the very best.
Spurs without Son and Kane, was obviously a toothless tiger. We might not beat him but they could hardly score without these 2. It was obvious in the last few games, meanwhile Mourinho didn't have time to work with his team before our game was cancelled. Don't tell me you disagree with this statement.

My 2nd statement was, Rashford was useful, so 2-1.

My 3rd comment was, Pogba was not. You can quote whatever statistics in previous season, what matters is, what happened to Pogba THIS season, his mind and his form? Was he at 1.9 or more like 1.7?

Secondly, you might still be right if Bruno had not joined, and had not hit the road, and had not jelled with the team like no yesterday. When all are available and fit, will you start Pogba and bench Bruno? Will you fiddle with the formation and try to start both, running the risk of losing balance? It will be a big IF, and HOW, the 2 can play together, which will take a few games to work out, definitely not on the 1st game upon return.

My conclusion on Pogba is NOT to keep him if we get a decent fee on him, and use the money on Sancho, who play on the right, and good chance will fit into the team earliest.

Hughie77

Yes, the momentum was changing you could see it, Bruno, brought a confidence to a side with ability but no cutting edge, yes we would have beaten spurs , and still will when or hope season restarts.

RUCK4444

YES. We would have beaten them quite comfortably with the momentum we had and how poor they were at the time along with the injuries they had.

RedDevilRoshi

YES. We would have beaten them quite comfortably with the momentum we had and how poor they were at the time along with the injuries they had.
Agree. The momentum was on our side and Bruno had made a huge difference since arriving. They were on a terrible run and had injuries to key players.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just looked up what the odds were out of interest:

Spurs 11/5 fractional odds, 3.2 decimal, 31.3% implied probabilitiy
Draw 12/5, 3.4, 29.4%
United 6/5, 2.2, 45.5%

Percentages total 106.2 to include bookies overround.

So just about a no there. A United win the most likely of the 3 outcomes, but still less than a 50% shot so marginally more likely to not win than win.

Instinct/gut feeling is that it would have been draw. I'd say 0-0 or 1-1, but I don't remember or know how I felt at the time, might have been different.

I did mess around with football betting for a month or so prior to Christmas, trying to build a very unsophisticated prediction tool. Just put it in there now and got:
Spurs 32.45%
Draw 25.45%
United 42.1%

Shark

@NotShark
Probably not in all reality. Any time we’ve gone into these types of games over the past 6 years where we’ve been expected to win, we’ve largely bottled.

el3mel

We would have won easily. We were on our best form since Ole's honeymoon period and Spurs had their full attack absent or something.

meamth

Doesn't matter if we would have beaten them, we will beat them the next time, for sure.

Pogba-Bruno-Rashford-Martial
vs
Kane-Son-Dele

Our attacking combo is too much for them to handle...not to mention our defense is miles better than their outdated back four.