Would you accept a straight swap between Mason Greenwood and Jadon Sancho?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hell no.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Think we should have a poll for this one. It’s really neck and neck.

In Rainbows

Sancho, if you're reading this, realize we want you at this club.

Someone get Devilish out of here. He's probably ringing up Sancho as we speak to convince him not to join.

IAmAWinner

I mean if I would have to choose between them then yeah I would obviously choose Sancho. Fortunately we can enjoy them together next season.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
No. For me Greenwood is better than Sancho. Maybe because I am biased. There is just something special to see someone come up from academy and blow everyone away in first team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d rather keep him and spend 100m of not my money to get sancho instead

el3mel

I mean the answer is obvious. We're you expecting someone to say yes?

We still need Sancho though. Having Sancho and Greenwood competing on the right is better than having James, Lingard and shite on the bench.

The competition will help both to develop even further.

Ekeke

No, not because Sancho isnt a better player but because theres a lot of value in a player coming up through the youth system into the first team. One of the reasons I'm dissappointed with whats happened with Gomes

Irrational.

Alan Shearer's said that he can see Greenwood breaking his record if he stays injury free. He's without a doubt in the top five (some would even argue top three) attacking football talents in the world. No way I would swap him for Sancho.

If Greenwood had the same season he has for us but for Dortmund, I think he'd probably be worth the same as Sancho, if not more.

Obviously it would still be nice to see them playing together. :drool:

Mcking

Greenwood has got that romantic feel, and imagine the backlash if Sancho flops and Greenwood turns out to be top notch?

We are yet to fully exploit Greenwood's potential, and that's the main reason I wouldn't swap.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Interesting responses.

If people wouldn't swap the two, do they believe Greenwood will become one of the best in Europe?

And do they think we should pay up to 100m for a player who in effect will take Greenwood's current automatic place?!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Interesting responses.

If people wouldn't swap the two, do they believe Greenwood will become one of the best in Europe?

And do they think we should pay up to 100m for a player who in effect will take Greenwood's current automatic place?!
He won't take anyone's automatic place. He's competition. All 5 of Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, Fernandes and Sancho would get tons of games. You raise your game, you get to play. Plus chuck in inevitable injuries and all 5 would be happy playing for just 4 spots.

El Zoido

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. Why even support United if you’d so easily bin off our exciting young players. I wouldn’t swap him for Mbappe or anyone. The question is pure insanity.

TsuWave

Sancho will strengthen our attack, and in my opinion won't be long before he's our most important attacker (assuming he does come), but Mason's potential is frightening and he's a Carrington graduate, so swapping him would be silly.

Sancho is a needed addition, we've witnessed how our quality levels drop as soon as our starters need to be rested. In 2 years time, both Sancho and Greenwood will be permanent fixtures of our attacking trio.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Dortmund needs money and already got clinical finisher in Haland.

Sanchez plus cash, they can even have Bailly if they manage to fix his brain.

Idxomer

Interesting responses.

James, Lingard, Mata have played respectively 44, 37, 34 times this season, Greenwood himself played 46 games and he wasn't even a regular 1st half of the season. Sansho might take his automatic place but he'll have enough starts and appearances that won't hinder his devlopment.

I don't think it's a good idea to fully depend on an 18-year-old either however talented he is. So, this actually should help him taking some of the pressure off after a debut year like this one. Also, in a season that will start very close to the current one, having 4 forwards who are very close in quality is more important than ever.

Walters_19_MuFc

No. To see an academy product come through the ranks, play for the team who they support and be a success is always special.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I would swap him for Mbappe. No one else.
Reasonable. I wouldn’t though. Something magical having our academy product and a son of a big United fan doing the business for us. This is really why I love this club.