Would you accept deduction of points and expulsion of any competition?

tjb

I see this a little differently, as really its about top clubs wanting more power in how European competitions are decided. The failed FFP regulations to the ridiculous 3 player foreign rules back in the day to even the limitations on signing young foreign players leading to transfer bans etc. The truth is, the premier league and uefa have been overreaching in terms of their power, and this may simply be a way of the bigger clubs to say they've had enough of that before reaching new negotiations.

I don't see how all the major clubs could have agreed to this without grievances existing prior. Taking the hard line will only push the superstar teams to move to this. There needs to be greater bargaining between these clubs and Uefa to properly air some of these things out, rather than call for bans, deductions and suspensions illegally( no rules had been made prior in regards to this).

I'd only take docked points if it meant that Glazers sold up and we could be taken over by someone with big ambitions.
Ambitions to what? Spend more and outdo the United Arab Emirates? Get your heads out of the fecking sand people, City are dominating this league until they get bored. The UEFA and FA caused this with City and PSG.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I would gladly go the rangers route if it got those parasitic yank bastards to feck off back to their big girls rugby franchise and never show their vile faces here again

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
In the unlikely scenario it actually ends up going ahead I’ll not be watching it.
Worst part about that you and I both know that we will. fecking soul destroying.

Edit. Im not being a drama queen. I live in Ireland where Celtic and Rangers are widely supported and it must be heartbreaking, especially for Celtic.

3KDré

Nah - disagree. The bigger clubs just take the piss here. There's no reason to do what they're doing other than for greed.
What's frustrating is that I think most of the people at these clubs who are normal football fans, probably the players themselves too, are going to be against this completely. It will have been the players and the staff that put the work in to get their league positions, not the owners. But it's the owners that want the money and have signed up for it.

macheda14

Any club confirmed to have signed up should be suspended from all current competitions with immediate effect IMO.
The issue with this is as Gary said this whole thing is an insult to the fans. By suspending us from competitions you are punishing the fans. I don’t mind points being docked, I don’t mind us being heavily fined. But take away our football and you’re hurting us not just the idiots who made such a stupid decision.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What would be the point? If they are banned they will definitely sign up to this super league.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Worst part about that you and I both know that we will. fecking soul destroying.

Edit. Im not being a drama queen. I live in Ireland where Celtic and Rangers are widely supported and it must be heartbreaking, especially for Celtic.
Nah, I’ve been less and less bothered about football over recent years and this would be the final straw.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It puts the supporters between a rock and a hard place. A points deduction doesn't punish the people responsible. It punishes the manager, the players and the fans more than the people who have no real connection to the club beyond some sort of deed of ownership. Even a hefty fine would probably be taken out of the club's coffers and not the pockets of the Glazers. It's a grim situation, either way.

Paxi

Nah, I’ve been less and less bothered about football over recent years and this would be the final straw.
That is pretty sad. At least we will have the general.

Bertie Wooster

I'm not sure what the points deduction suggestion is for?

If they go ahead with the Super League, then I thought they wouldn't be in the domestic leagues anyway?

So is it meaning even if the Super League doesn't go ahead, and the clubs stay in the domestic leagues, they still get deducted points? If so, I don't agree with that. If the Super League doesn't happen, and the clubs stay, just carry on with the leagues as they were and it's the European competitions, and the CL especially, that'll have to be addressed with the planned changes.

The clubs and UEFA need to reach some kind of agreement / compromise if the Super League is to be prevented. I don't see how the top clubs would agree to stay if they were deducted points or even demoted leagues. It'll be appalling negotiating tactics if they don't get the Super League and then get punished for attempting it as well.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It horrendous mate, people just don't get it, the likes of Arsenal cannot compete, Liverpool longterm CANNOT compete, we saw with Neymar that long term, not even fecking Barcelona can compete. And if we're honest, United can't compete with the state of the U.A.E, it's been a fecking terrible joke since day 1 and here's where we're at.

fecktards here blaming the clubs and not UEFA/FA for this are delusional beyond belief.
I am unsure why people are kicking off NOW when City have been making a joke of the league for years

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I doubt FA or PL have the right to punish anyone. At the end, it's the club's business what they do on a Tuesday/Wednesday night.

JB7

The issue with this is as Gary said this whole thing is an insult to the fans. By suspending us from competitions you are punishing the fans. I don’t mind points being docked, I don’t mind us being heavily fined. But take away our football and you’re hurting us not just the idiots who made such a stupid decision.
This isn't about fans, it's about the sport as a whole. I'm disgusted (but not surprised) by United and quite frankly feck them, if we're part of this statement tonight - kick us out. It's a disgrace.

JB7

I doubt FA or PL have the right to punish anyone. At the end, it's the club's business what they do on a Tuesday/Wednesday night.
Except it is the leagues business. Any PL club requires permission from the Premier League to enter any competition not explicitly stated in the competition rules.

cyberman

Except it is the leagues business. Any PL club requires permission from the Premier League to enter any competition not explicitly stated in the competition rules.
Why cant they frame them as friendlies?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
In the middle of all this outrage, i would just like to remind everyone how hilarious it is that Spurs are involved in this.

macheda14

This isn't about fans, it's about the sport as a whole. I'm disgusted (but not surprised) by United and quite frankly feck them, if we're part of this statement tonight - kick us out. It's a disgrace.
Without fans there is no sport. I think every single fan of the 6 clubs who took part in this would rather be relegated but still have football being played. Punish the decision makers, not the fans. You’ll have millions and millions of people punished because of the decisions made by a few money men.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Have we played in a competition we weren’t authorised to play in? This idea of punishing clubs and their players for potentially agreeing to an alternative to UEFAs cartel is proper authoritarian bollocks. Let them try it - they’ll be sued to feck.

JB7

Without fans there is no sport. I think every single fan of the 6 clubs who took part in this would rather be relegated but still have football being played. Punish the decision makers, not the fans.
I've said they should suspend clubs who have 6/7 league matches left to play, no fans are currently allowed to attend matches so how the hell is that a punishment for the fans rather than the decision makers?

JB7

Have we played in a competition we weren’t authorised to play in? This idea of punishing clubs and their players for potentially agreeing to an alternative to UEFAs cartel is proper authoritarian bollocks. Let them try it - they’ll be sued to feck.
They're literally the rules the clubs sign up to every season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
PL could’ve stopped this by stopping the Glazers taking over in the first place, they can punish us but it’s ultimately their own fault. You reap what you sow.

PL could’ve stopped this by stopping the Glazers taking over in the first place, they can punish us but it’s ultimately their own fault. You reap what you sow.
united sold their soul when we listed on the stock exchange. We reaped what we sowed. Nothing to do with the Glazers (that doesn’t mean I endorse them).

macheda14

I've said they should suspend clubs who have 6/7 league matches left to play, no fans are currently allowed to attend matches so how the hell is that a punishment for the fans rather than the decision makers?
Have you not been watching the matches? Do you not realise they’re on tv?

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
I’m honestly a bit intrigued. I feel that something new could be good for the neuturals. It’s just a shame that the leagues would change and suffer If this goes thru.

I don’t really care about the Champions league anymore. That tournament has died in my opinion.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
united sold their soul when we listed on the stock exchange. We reaped what we sowed. Nothing to do with the Glazers (that doesn’t mean I endorse them).
I don't endorse any of this. Not like it matters. The ESL version of United won't be United as far as I'm concerned.

GazTheLegend

Yes. The club should be punished for this and Ole and the players should be absolutely furious. All 6 teams should be docked significant points and the league have my full support to do just that.
God you're all such melts. How is anything "fair" right now anyway? Financial "fair" play, Russian ex KGB (FSB) running football clubs, state owned football teams like Qatar and Abu Dhabi FC all destroying once great European giants on the regular. Football is SHIT right now -anyway- and has been for a long time. Maybe the nuclear option offers a chance to rebuild something from the debris. Docking points and financial penalities just steel the resolves of these clubs to do just that.

Would you support it, if United decided to break-away to European Super League alongside Tottenham?

Paxi

Premier demands action after European cup final riot in Brussels
Thatcher set to demand FA ban on games in Europe

David McKie, Parliamentary Correspondent
Friday 31 May 1985
The Guardian

The Prime Minister is expected to tell the FA chairman, Mr Bert Millichip, today that English football should pull out of Europe before it is thrown out.

JB7

Yes. And we haven’t breached those rules. Unless I’ve missed us playing in a ESL?
Rule L9 of the Premier League Handbook:
Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.

Signing up to a new competition would undoubtedly show intent to enter.

Have you not been watching the matches? Do you not realise they’re on tv?
If someone can't live without their team being suspended from playing a few matches on television for the overall good of the sport then they really need to re-evaluate their life.

Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.

Yeah that wouldn't stand up in court for a moment. There's absolute zero there about "showing intent".

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;

What? It doesn’t fecking exist yet. We can’t enter a competition that doesn’t fecking exist until 2024.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Yes. The saudis cant take over Newcastle, but City can do what they like. However imperfect as it is, we have to resist this ... Glazers out. Super League out. These leeches will ruin the sport, and then be far away when the whole thing falls apart.