Would you be happy if this is our Starting 11 against Brighton?

klsv

Thank you for asking. I would also be happy if we'd buy the entire Ajax starting XI. Would be nice to complete a single signing first, though.

MichaelRed

Are you mixing up Martinez & Alvarez? Why is Martinez in midfield?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'd rather have a new right back than another midfielder personally. I think McTominay and Fred will be players that Ten Hag can and will use a lot alongside De Jong

Dante

Average bang
Donny van de Beek showed how difficult it can be to adapt to the physicality of the Premier League from the Eredvisie.

FdJ should be okay on day one because La Liga is at a similar level of competitiveness. But for anyone in defence or midfield, it's asking a lot to expect them to be up-to-speed in the first match. An attacker like Antony might fare a little better. But even so, I'd be surprised if Rashford doesn't start.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Shaw will be our first choice LB.

The team is good, more interested to see how our playing style changes.

foolsgold

Yes, because I trust the manager but don't expect us to have Martinez and Antony in the team.

Elcabron

Assuming the left-footed Lisandro Martinez plays on the right side of midfield, Dalot would have decent cover with Varane also there.
He will definitely need it. I get the shivers when I think back to his performance v Villarreal at OT last season when Danjuma tore him several new ones.

I'd rather have a competent player in there who others dont need to worry about covering for so they can focus more on their own job.

I think we should cash in and replace with a player similar to Malacia in terms of age, price and ability. There has got to be a few more somewhere in Europe.

GBBQ

I'd rather have a new right back than another midfielder personally. I think McTominay and Fred will be players that Ten Hag can and will use a lot alongside De Jong
I think so too. No doubt they can be upgraded but given the holes all over the team I don't think its top priority for this window.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looks average to me. Shaw would start over Malacia and Martinez is a CB so I'd have Fred in his position, Dalot sticks out like a sore thumb. I honestly don't think I could be happy seeing Maguire start the season after his form last year, it was borderline unforgiveable. We probably won't sign Antony anyway due to cost.

The Purley King

De Gea
Dalot Maguire Varane Shaw
Fred De Jong
Antony Bruno Sancho
Ronaldo

I hope we also get Eriksen in, but I'd be happy with the team above

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yeah, I'd also prefer a new starting rb if possible.
Not forgetting Garner, who I also think Ten Hag will like. Watching him at Forest I will always struck by how positionally disciplined he is, and we know he can pass the ball, so if he is looking for a player to coordinate well with Frenkie then Garner might come into consideration

MichaelRed

Worried about Martinez's aerial ability playing as a CB, he has played DM before.
Sure, but he's really not a DM. We switched to him after it looked like we couldn't get Timber & I doubt Timber was planned to play as a DM. Martinez would no doubt be a CB signing.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
De Gea

Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Malacia

Martinez - De Jong

Antony - Eriksen - Sancho

Ronaldo​

Prefer pretty much this.

Elcabron

Using Wan-Bissaka there against stronger opponents would be one solution.
Shame he doesn't have more ability on the ball. I think ETH could sort out his concentration issues. Some high intensity training sessions/focus could solve a lot of his issues but not the footballing ability one which is kind of important.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mctominay will be in, Shaw will be the starter until malacia gets his chance to step in when Shaw gets injured as always. Also if we get Eriksen, he'll be starting and I think Bruno will be playing wide.

Normally new signings are eased in, but with Ten Hag being new here... It's almost like everyone is new.thlugh of course you need the premier league experience too.

Crashoutcassius

seems wierd that for 2 years all we have heard is that van de beek is class a decent manager would get the best out of him. then today literally the best manager he could hope for comes in and none of those same posters have donny in the starting 11s or ever mention him.

AndySmith1990

I have full confidence in Ten Hag, so if we bring in all his primary targets and that's the team he chooses to start with, that's fine with me

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am hoping to see;
Dave
New rb, Timber, Varane, Shaw
De Jong, Donny
Antony, Bruno, Sancho
Ronaldo

It will be
Dave
Dalot, Harry, Varane, Shaw
De Jong, Fred
Antony, Bruno, Sancho
Ronaldo

dutchred

Dave
Elenga, Varane, Shaw, Malacia
De Jong, Garner
Sancho, Bruno, Garnaco
Ronaldo

RomfordRed75

I dont expect a huge change from last seasons 1st 11 unfortunately.

DDG

Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw

De Jong Fred

Sancho bruno rashford

Ronaldo

Maybe Antony for Rashford if we sign him.

RedDevilLucio

Not forgetting Garner, who I also think Ten Hag will like. Watching him at Forest I will always struck by how positionally disciplined he is, and we know he can pass the ball, so if he is looking for a player to coordinate well with Frenkie then Garner might come into consideration
So if they are to be the new McFred will they be known as Garnkie or Franer?

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not going to happen as we're probably doing the 4-2-3-1 both us and Ten Hag have played for most of the past few years, but I think our current squad and a few of the mooted targets would fit quite nicely into a back three. Might cover for us probably not getting a holding midfielder, and I think Fred and De Jong would work in that system the same way Jorginho + Kante/Kovacic has worked for Chelsea.

--------------------------
De Gea
-------------Timber---Varane---Shaw
Dumfries------Fred------De Jong-----Malacia
--------------------Bruno-----Sancho
--------------------------Ronaldo

UpWithRivers

I dont expect a huge change from last seasons 1st 11 unfortunately.

DDG

Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw

De Jong Fred

Sancho bruno rashford

Ronaldo

Maybe Antony for Rashford if we sign him.
Exactly this. People thinking Rashford and Maguire will be bench players next season is hilarious. Of course things can change but only if they are sold. They wont be on the bench. I suspect we might get a RB though.