Would you commit to United if you were Bruno?

Real Name

This kind of threads happen after defeats like the one we had last night.
Rather having Pogba part is the strangest.

He's rocking the boat? So every time a player is dissatisfied its normal to here his agent making a chaos around him. And with Pogba its been going on from 2018.

Bruno hasn't been with us for a year and had a contract for 4 more years so this self pity is a bit strange.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This kind of threads happen after defeats like the one we had last night.
Rather having Pogba part is the strangest.

He's rocking the boat? So every time a player is dissatisfied its normal to here his agent making a chaos around him. And with Pogba its been going on from 2018.

Bruno hasn't been with us for a year and had a contract for 4 more years so this self pity is a bit strange.
It's less about last night. It's more about the Pogba and De Gea situation. We could have equalised last night and I'd still raise the same points. I was making posts such as this a few years ago, and sadly I suspect the points will still be relevant in years to come.

There isn't really many comparisons to Pogba at United, because since Ferguson left we have only really signed two players, just two, who were world class at the time of signing, with their best years expected to be ahead of them. One is Pogba. One is Di Maria. You could maybe argue Sanchez at the time too. I don't believe that world class players are largely willing to sign for United, and those that do become dissatisfied in the shorter term, if not the longer term.

There's no real self pity from my part. What I want to raise is the idea that if you want to attract and keep motivated the best players, then the club has to conduct itself and perform at that level. You can't just sign one, maybe two, of these top guys, surround them with a smorgasbord of other signings with no real coherence, give them mediocre coaching, and then become aghast at why they aren't motivated by the thought of playing for Manchester United and no longer playing like world class players.

I love Manchester United. I live locally to the ground. I can see Old Trafford from the window where I write this. What I cannot pretend though is that if I was an agent advising my client or an elite player that I would consider Manchester United to be a good move other over alternatives, unless I am most motivated by wages or the history of the club.

Real Name

It's less about last night. It's more about the Pogba and De Gea situation. We could have equalised last night and I'd still raise the same points. I was making posts such as this a few years ago, and sadly I suspect the points will still be relevant in years to come.

There isn't really many comparisons to Pogba at United, because since Ferguson left we have only really signed two players, just two, who were world class at the time of signing, with their best years expected to be ahead of them. One is Pogba. One is Di Maria. You could maybe argue Sanchez at the time too. I don't believe that world class players are largely willing to sign for United, and those that do become dissatisfied in the shorter term, if not the longer term.

There's no real self pity from my part. What I want to raise is the idea that if you want to attract and keep motivated the best players, then the club has to conduct itself and perform at that level. You can't just sign one, maybe two, of these top guys, surround them with a smorgasbord of other signings with no real coherence, give them mediocre coaching, and then become aghast at why they aren't motivated by the thought of playing for Manchester United and no longer playing like world class players.

I love Manchester United. I live locally to the ground. I can see Old Trafford from the window where I write this. What I cannot pretend though is that if I was an agent advising my client or an elite player that I would consider Manchester United to be a good move other over alternatives, unless I am most motivated by wages or the history of the club.
I agree about most things you said. For now we still have history and appeal going for us despite all the things going in and around the club. Of course if things will go on like this Bruno too will ask himself questions too. I just think it's too early to talk about him committing to us or not. Not to mention clubs weren't exactly fighting over his signing.

Clubs lacks direction still and that won't change with sacking Ole.

And all in all I don't want to see any player bringing the dirty loundry out for all to see like Pogba is doing regularly through his agent. Especially since his career at the club hasnt been a shining one.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why is this thread embarrassing? United have signed many very good players since Ferguson left, but none of them have stuck around at the club for more than a few years, playing at a high level in a individual capacity. Signed players have broadly regressed at the club, with many of them opting to leave and once again looking better players and happier at other big European clubs. I think it is naïve to believe that Bruno will somehow be the one to buck this trend. Why would he look to turn 30 at Manchester United? He's got one big contract or transfer left him in for him to realise his ambitions.

As a club, we are not addressing any of our underlying issues with a holistic approach to building an elite squad. We've still got no right-sided attacking players in the first team. We've still not got an anchor man comfortable playing as a sole holding mid. The goalkeeping situation is now a complete mess with DDG a lame duck on megabucks, Henderson being dicked about and we managed to cause disharmony in the dressing room by treating the world's best #2 with utter distain. Then there's the coaching to make the most out of that envisioned well balanced squad...

If you've got options, why would you trust your career to United? You will be well paid, but whether you get that self actualisation is another matter. Surely we have learnt by now that just throwing big transfer fees and wages at players isn't enough to build an elite squad, and that philosophy won't keep many of the top players happy for an extended period once they have signed.
Wayne Rooney.

Murray3007

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: is this for actual real, seriously trying to compare Bruno and Pogba ? come on eh, bruno has had more good performances for us this season then pogba has the whole time he has been here. seen people try to compare it to the Rooney scenario as well, if you can perform every week like Rooney did and bruno has then you can make comments but when you have been average then dont, makes you look worse and at least have the balls to do it yourself rather then by your agent.

Paul_Scholes18

I would since United is the club I want to play for. I would not want to join City or Liverpool.

Bayern I might not play in the first team. Barca and Real in problem too.

Maybe join Juventus and play with Ronaldo, but not sure I would trust Pirlo either.

Skills

Snitch

I'd argue the most concerning part about joining this club is that as a player your reputation is soon in tatters.

It doesn't help that the fanbase have a bloodlust for player hate (seriously - I've never seen as much of it any other club). You can be good but you'll never get the credit as most of the fanbase is desperately finding ways to wank off whoever the manager is (so it's in their best interest to make the players he's working with a lot worse than they are). No matter what you're just the best of an average bunch the poor manager is having to work with.

The second concerning thing is, the club as a whole does nothing to protect the players from the fanbases player hate and also when the managers let the power go to their head. The club is extremely passive in protecting their multimillion pound investment while multiple managers throw the players under the bus for their own sake.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
These posts are on the money.
Just to add another controversial statement here. I honestly think he is grateful to Solskjaer because he was the person who gave him a real opportunity to play at a top club in the world. What he thinks or not about his coaching capacity is another matter. Would be very surprised if he would turn against him. Respect the opinion of the thread but it’s really a non issue. My personal opinion is sacking him now will not solve anything, regarding the end of the season... there’s room for discussion.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Its Bruno Fernandes mate not Lionel Messi or Ronaldo. This Manchester United in its current state is still levels above wherever he was in Portugal. He's been a great additional for you guys but hes overrated a tad bit on here I feel. He has no choice but to stick and be a bigger part of the solution. Pogba is bigger (status in the game) than Bruno but even he has no right to feel hard done by by the club's poor showings. He's done feck all for the club since joining. Neither has Bruno.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
In the highly likely scenario that we won't secure CL qualification this season. I can see quite a few clubs bidding for Bruno in the summer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We were the only top club willing to invest big money for him. That deserves respect. However I would demand a change to the right direction. Players like Bruno would want to retire with a couple of medals under his belt.