Would you give the job to Allegri right now?

Nikelesh Reddy

Please don’t merge/delete this thread mods....This is a very specific question....This is not about asking whether Ole should be sacked or not...This is not a thread to even discuss all the options available right now.

What do you guys make of Allegri?Would you give him the job right now?If we give him the job right now he”ll have a good 7 months to drill his philosophy into the team....We might even sign a couple of players in January,and he might have the time to improve us substantially before the start of next season.

But if we wait until the end of the season,then who knows,maybe Pochettino would become available.But would Pochettino even want to take over United?Allegris available....He’s learning how to speak English and he’s keen on coming to the PL....He’s there for the taking....So would you give Allegri the job right now?

JoaquinJoaquin

Without a doubt. However he would need someone who speaks English and Italian as #2 as his isn't the best at the moment.

SirAF

Ageist
Allegri is a good manager, but he is completely different to the current «vision» of the club. They have to choose a direction and stick to it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No. Although a better manager obviously than Ole, I don’t think he’s the man that will take us as far forward as we would like.

leet

I don't think he could make a drastic change here nor I think that his style of football is good for us.

He played some boring football with Juventus considering the players he had and fans there wanted him out for like last two years. How long do you think he'd survive here?

Before getting rid of Ole (I don't think think he's right coach for us, I personally wouldn't give him that contract after PSG) this club needs structural changes. Changing manager won't do anything for us.

Therefore, a big NO for Allegri from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: golden_blunder

SER19

This is surreal. We would do it, get giddy for a while, then start abusing him and calling for him to be sacked within a year.

People can search, loads predicted this with ole, mourinho, van gaal.

As fans we should expend no effort anywhere other than calling for complete upheaval at board level.

If you think we're not at risk of decades of this you're absolutely deluded. No manager can fix it under current owners and Woodward operating the way they are

Snafu17

No. Taking the first available option without any long term planning and/or vision us what got is into this mess in the first place.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Only if he were to be hired on the basis that his style of play and vision for the club accords with some sort of long-term plan of our own, and we intend to back his vision to the hilt. As it is, my limited knowledge of the man suggests that this is probably not the case, and it would just be another short-term fix which would inevitably end in tears. So what’s the point?

Yagami

Good post resistant
No, no, no

I've had enough defensive/conservative footy to last me a lifetime. It's been around a decade since I saw us play top quality, cohesive, attacking football, and, for me personally, that's the priority right now.

I think hiring a manager of that ilk (a modern, attacking one; not Allegri) would benefit us in the long run, too. As @SirAF said, we need to choose a path and stick with that vision, and I'd prefer that path to be down the attacking route.

Nikelesh Reddy

No. Although a better manager obviously than Ole, I don’t think he’s the man that will take us as far forward as we would like.
Would you want to wait and see what happens to Pochettino?If not Pochettino,is there somebody else better than Allegri available in the market right now?

Red Star One

Probably yes, but I am at the point where even a short term improvement and a glimmer of hope would satisfy me. Fully aware that without a major change on the top we're going nowhere, Allegri, Ole or whoever is the manager.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Appointing Allegri will be like Mourinho. You will get a tactical manager but the set up won't be satisfying to watch.

I think the best thing for next manager appointment is we need someone who suits United philosophy means the fans philosophy. Playing good attacking football & develop young players to top players. Winning major trophy will come as long as you have talented manager, good man management of manager & good players.

Nikelesh Reddy

Allegri is a good manager, but he is completely different to the current «vision» of the club. They have to choose a direction and stick to it.
If you want the “current vision” of the club to be taken forward(loads of young British players committed to the club)then Pochettino and Eddie Howe are the only realistic options(Unless we take a bold decision by going for Brendan Rodgers)...

AshRK

The key question is whether Allegri's philosophy or style would suit the players we have. I extremely doubt. He would have loved to have a striker like Lukaku but Ole chose to go with a different path. Allegri will surely bring mor eorganisation but the lack of quality we have upfront would make his football even worse. He clearly loves having a proper attackers. I think it will be too much asking from him to fix this sinking ship.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Maybe I'm oblivious but I don't think that we have a very marked vision. If we were a vector I would say that the direction is set but not the length or angle. So at the exception of a win now manager like Mourinho, I don't think that the available managers actual contradict a vision.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I really do not think he would take that job right now, it would be a lose-lose situation for him.

Nikelesh Reddy

Yes I would on the condition that that a DOF is also put in place and Ed removed, otherwise whats the point
Ed won’t be removed....But I guess a DOF can be appointed.Fingers crossed,Hopefully our next manager will put his foot down and insist on a proper structure around him before he takes over the club.,,

Devil77

Appointing Allegri will be like Mourinho. You will get a tactical manager but the set up won't be satisfying to watch.

I think the best thing for next manager appointment is we need someone who suits United philosophy means the fans philosophy. Playing good attacking football & develop young players to top players. Winning major trophy will come as long as you have talented manager, good man management of manager & good players.
Well, right now our football is dire to watch and we're losing. Would rather watch dire football combined with the occasional win.

hobbers

If his English is good enough, yes.

Or if he has a really intimidating translator to scare the shit out of the players.

Nikelesh Reddy

I really do not think he would take that job right now, it would be a lose-lose situation for him.
What makes you say that?No one would expect him to finish top 4 with this squad....He can slowly build the team up before next season.Plus there’s no guarantee that a big English club will come in for him next season....

Nikelesh Reddy

If his English is good enough, yes.
Pochettinos English was very poor when he joined Southampton,but he still got them playing great football.He will slowly learn decent English,language shouldn’t be the defining factor....

red thru&thru

I would only appoint an interim manager. I'd seriously would ask Wenger. Knows the league and has experience with working with younger players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Il take Allegri for sure. Honestly I don't think the club can implement its own vision anyway. I'd happily take pragmatic result driven football for 2 years and build from a solid foundation.

Nikelesh Reddy

This is surreal. We would do it, get giddy for a while, then start abusing him and calling for him to be sacked within a year.

As fans we should expend no effort anywhere other than calling for complete upheaval at board level.

If you think we're not at risk of decades of this you're absolutely deluded. No manager can fix it under current owners and Woodward operating the way they are
Agree,no manager can fix this completely on his own....But under Solksjaer we will end up in the bottom half of the table!!What do we gain by keeping Solksjaer in the job?Some of our young players are going to be smashed mentally by losing all these games....

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Allegri would do shit all with this squad. Look at what happened when he lost Ibra and Silva at Milan. Absolute shambless

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
What makes you say that?No one would expect him to finish top 4 with this squad....He can slowly build the team up before next season.Plus there’s no guarantee that a big English club will come in for him next season....
Why on Earth should he accept that shipwreck with no realistic escape? He can’t do transfers, he won’t coach because he is a men manager, he would not enjoy Manchester at all. He can wait for PSG, Real and a London club while being paid by Juve until June next year.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
No. What's the point in buying Lemsip when you've got a terminal disease?

Nikelesh Reddy

Only if he were to be hired on the basis that his style of play and vision for the club accords with some sort of long-term plan of our own, and we intend to back his vision to the hilt. As it is, my limited knowledge of the man suggests that this is probably not the case, and it would just be another short-term fix which would inevitably end in tears. So what’s the point?
The point is that if we don’t act decisively and get a proper manager now,we could end up in the bottom half of the table.Some of our young players would lose their confidence completely....We slip further and further down the abyss if we don’t act decisively....

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well, right now our football is dire to watch and we're losing. Would rather watch dire football combined with the occasional win.
I said next manager appointment. Not sticking with what we got for the next 2 years. Better get it right than do panic appointment again.

BlueHaze

You are right and I agree with you but how to cause upheaval at board level? You know the fans won't start boycoting which is a shame but it won't happen and the charlatans are here to stay for now so what we need during their time here is someone to steady the ship and Ole has dragged us down to a relegation fight ffs he needs to go with immediate effect. I don't want Allegri btw.