Would you give the job to Allegri right now?

Shark

@NotShark
No way in hell. I don't think Allegri would under the ways of United. I think Ole should be given more time. If the right signings are made, i think he can change it around because i think we need precision in the attack and as a manager i think he can be the best to link forward players. He has the likes of Carrick to assist the midfielders and our defense is pretty decent this season compared to any of our last 6 seasons. I think we'll have a better shot at top4 or even winning the league if we get together a team of players who understand each other on and away from the pitch. That happens only with time. We keep changing managers and ideas and the squad has never had the time to settle to one set of ideas/ideals. Ole insists he keeps pushing the players to perform well. I do have one problem with Ole though, i don't think he can be a bossy boss. I think he needs to be that when necessary because i've seen Sir Alex go into the dressing room and pull out all the guns. He is mean but that drives players to do better. Not all the players under Sir Alex have been happy under him but they always wanted to be a part of his team because he knew how to get it done. He's beaten good teams but putting out less than half of the team we have now. So it is all about character and intensity within the team.

Right now we are lackluster but i think Ole can turn this around if given time until the summer and beyond!
We've really got to move away from this romanticism shite. There are no ''ways'' of United, they died along with SAF's retirement. What we need to do now is build a new identity, because we haven't got a single shred. Our most successful manager since SAF retired was not a ''United way'' man. Not saying he was a success but he won us trophies and for a short period brought at least some of our pride back. Ole and his entire coaching staff may get United, but I honestly don't give a feck anymore, they're not good enough for the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Also if we get Allegri, not sure what happens to Pogba. I wanted to get rid of him, I still think we should, I still think he wants out...but now all of a sudden we'd be getting a manager that had Pogba playing like one of the better players in the world.
I still say, sell him first chance if you can but getting Allegri does make things a bit more interesting.
It'd be the ultimate final piece for Pogba wouldn't it!
We've had years about having the right players round him, enough movement, the right style, needing 2 in there with him, not having Sanchez in his space etc.
If we brought the manager who got the best out of him in, and it still didn't we really would have nowhere else to go.

Hamza Aouir

Boycotting is the only way. As many people as possible with tickets to Liverpool game simply don't go. Let Woodward explain an empty stadium for a televised biggest game of the season to all his money men.
I agree until the club is hit financially we won't see major changes, even if you bring the pep or Klopp yes they will do better but won't win you a title because they won't be backed correctly in the market and the players we have are just not good enough.

NickSantigo

I'd give him the job on Monday. Allegri is exactly what we need.

I'd love to have a sporting director appointed and go for an up and coming attacking manager but it'll be a cold day in hell when Woodward relinquishes power, he loves being in the spotlight too much.
If we signed a Rose or a Nagelsmann we can't thrust Woodward to get the signings they would need over the line. He'd ask for a LB, 2 x Cm, ST and a RW and end up with another LW, a RB , a postage stamp and a ST if he was lucky.

With Allegri he has experience with both good and bad owners. He has shown he is able to adapt tactically based on the squad that is at his disposal. It would not be pretty but he would get results from this squad this season
and hopefully be able to build something from there

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Well if you go back and read the last line of that post is my answer to the bold bit as firmly place the blame on him going on holidays rather than start straight away. As for comparing lamps and Hazard to the one dimensional AV and the hot and cold act of Nani is madness (sorry) and vidic was on his last legs when moyes took over and Oscar played a big part in him winning the league.

As for mou being a better coach, yeah back in the day maybe (hard to tell given money spent in first spell and no one to challenge him as remember we were all over the shop during his first spell as were arsenal after the season they went unbeaten, AF got us back on track and he was fired some months later.

So prior to leaving for Madrid he might have being, but thats when he became bitter because with all the money and talent he was always second best in Spain to pep and he left Spain and he wasnt the same Jose whos Porto cheated their way to a uefa win over Celtic and won the CL in a year that was considered dire in European footie in 04 when the mighty Greeks won the euros for heaven stakes.

Simple question. Mourinho takes over when he should have. Doesn't ditter, as he never does..

Does this team finish 7th or retain a title won by City after Liverpool bottle it.

-------------------De Gea---------------

Rafael-------Rio------Vidic-------Evra

------------Carrick------Thiago---------

Valencia---------Rooney---------Nani

----------------- -RVP----------------

Subs

Smalling
Kagawa
Cleverly
Willian
Welbeck
Buttner
Lindergard

It was a joke what Moyes did and some fans wanted time.

reddevilchennai

Simple question. Mourinho takes over when he should have. Doesn't ditter, as he never does..

Does this team finish 7th or retain a title won by City after Liverpool bottle it.

-------------------De Gea---------------

Rafael-------Rio------Vidic-------Evra

------------Carrick------Thiago---------

Valencia---------Rooney---------Nani

----------------- -RVP----------------

Subs

Smalling
Kagawa
Cleverly
Willian
Welbeck
Buttner
Lindergard

It was a joke what Moyes did and some fans wanted time.
Who is this Thaiago?

SATA

Tell him he will be here as an interim manager and he will be one until Poch is gone from Spurs. If he doesn’t want to be an interim, then it’s fine as he’s looking out for himself. I suspect Poch is the manager that the club really really wants

el3mel

Tell him he will be here as an interim manager and he will be one until Poch is gone from Spurs. If he doesn’t want to be an interim, then it’s fine as he’s looking out for himself. I suspect Poch is the manager that the club really really wants
Imagine going to a top manager who won loads and telling him that while you're 12th and close to relegation zones.

Masterman

Imagine going to a top manager who won loads and telling him that while you're 12th and close to relegation zones.
Mourinho is a "top manager who won loads" too....... the problem with Allegri is that he's basically a better version of Unai Emery. He knows his tactics very well but he needs a strong squad to work with. Give him a broken unbalance squad and he's clueless as to how to get the best out of it, see his time at Milan. This is where Poch is superior, he managed to get the best out of beggars at Spurs.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mourinho is a "top manager who won loads" too....... the problem with Allegri is that he's basically a better version of Unai Emery. He knows his tactics very well but he needs a strong squad to work with. Give him a broken unbalance squad and he's clueless as to how to get the best out of it, see his time at Milan. This is where Poch is superior, he managed to get the best out of beggars at Spurs.
The Milan team wasn't unbalanced or broken, it had been dismantled for financial reasons. There is no comparison to make with Spurs who have very good players.

el3mel

What is that related to my post? Did you stop at the first phrase without reading what I was quoting?

Telling a top manager that has loads of trophies in his cabinet that he will be an interim till another manager is a free is an absolute insult that no top tier manager is going to accept. You realize he can get better options than us if he waits right? He's not forced to come here to tell him he will be an interim like the other poster suggested, hell, especially when we are 12th and shite.

Tyrion

None. That's why in England nobody reigns like we reigned.
No, we reigned because the manager was Sir Alex Ferguson. Giving any random idiot 6 years to spend hundreds of millions with no return won't turn him into SAF and it isn't patience, it's negligence.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
No, we dont need old defensive managers.

lsd

The Oracle
No I would rather cut off my testicles than have another boring defensive manager

Untd55

Not my first choice, but I would prefer him over the nothing manager we have now.

ArjenIsM3

Don't want Allegri here ever. Rather we finish 10th with Ole still here. Can get behind other appointments like Peter Bosz / Julian Nagelsmann / Ten Hag but not Allegri. The man can't even speak English ffs.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Forget learning English, I'll take him still speaking Italian right now. Ole plays defensive football anyway, so If we're going to play defensive football, at least it will be done right. Allegri is in another universe compared to Ole.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
wtf? 10k messages in 15 years and your post is serious about offering an interim to one of the most respected managers in the game and possibly the best available out there? can’t be so deep under a rock for sure.

Ace of Spades

so allegri would have beaten a much better manager with a much worse squad?

honestly...
It is getting beyond stupid now. And no, I would not take Allegri.

I would rather not make any more panic decisions unless we are in danger of relegation.

the chameleon

He’s really pushing for the role with the media leaps. I personally don’t want him. We’re not like the juventus side in a one team league and it’s not going to be as easy as him coming here and changing things. We’ve already had Jose coming and not matching expectations.

No matter who we bring, we will not win a league straightaway.

Allegri will need buy in to build a team to match playing style. This will need patience. Do we really want another manager that has a boring style?

We need to approach things in a way which builds on Ole. He’s taken the British approach. There’s no clear playing style, so there’s not replacing a style of play. But we can build on a more attacking / fluid style of play. Make use of our fast attackers.

I personally think we should be building towards a consistent style of play.

There’s no Klopp or Guardiola level coach available. But we need to be building towards a style of play with an attacking minded coach that can maximise our young players progress.

A coach who can get us consistently finishing. We won’t win a title. But we will have a team that is slowly getting there. A team that players see as an attractive destination.

There are young coaches like nagelman, rose. Or we can go with poch. These guys may or may not win us trophies. But will get us playing positively.

If a great attacking manager does become available, we will have a team 80% ready for him. All he needs is to get a couple of icing on the cake players.

This is why getting Allegri is going in the wrong direction.

croadyman

I wouldn't mind Allegri as our next manager because think it's unlikely we will be able to get either Nagelsmann or Ten Haag for at least a couple of years. I feel like Pochettino could be an option but then you have to remember that Levy is notoriously difficult to deal with, maybe it could happen if he sacks him and Poch takes a sabbatical for a while to assess his next job.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Allegri would be an awful appointment and people advocating for him clearly haven't been paying attention to shit the last 6 years.

RG 11

Allegri would be an awful appointment and people advocating for him clearly haven't been paying attention to shit the last 6 years.
Haven't followed Italian football closely but he got Juve to 2 CL finals and kept winning the Italian cup and Serie A. Seems like a good manager to get to drill the side into playing functioning football. What's so awful about him? Another Van Gaal type short term appointment?

JohnnyLaw

Don't want Allegri here ever. Rather we finish 10th with Ole still here. Can get behind other appointments like Peter Bosz / Julian Nagelsmann / Ten Hag but not Allegri. The man can't even speak English ffs.
Geunine question, what sets Bosz and Ten Hag apart from De Boer who had a horrid time away from Ajax?

ArjenIsM3

Geunine question, what sets Bosz and Ten Hag apart from De Boer who had a horrid time away from Ajax?
De Boer was all about possession, but the football was often boring. Bosz instantly improved that and he's done well with Bayer Leverkusen so far too.

ILC

so allegri would have beaten a much better manager with a much worse squad?

honestly...
Klopp is not better than Allegri, let alone 'much' better.

There’s no Klopp or Guardiola level coach available.
There is Allegri. He's for sure better than Klopp and Pep even though better historically Allegri has him beat over the 5 year period he was at Juve.

Micky Targaryen

Cool story. When we eventually finish 10th or lower in the PL, I sincerely hope you will thank the gods that we didn't sign Allegri.

BigLebowski007

I wouldn't mind Allegri (before Ole). But now we've given the chance to Ole and he deserves more time. Especially with the clearing job he's doing. In fact it was us fans and media who sort of pushed United management to giving Ole permanent contract before the end of season.

ArjenIsM3

Cool story. When we eventually finish 10th or lower in the PL, I sincerely hope you will thank the gods that we didn't sign Allegri.
Ok dude. And when we do sign him and he turns out to be a mix of Van Gaal and Mourinho and everyone wants him gone within a year, will you thank the gods that we did? What I'm saying is there's better and younger coaches out there that actually want to play attacking football and have shown that they're capable of building a team up.

el3mel

Ok dude. And when we do sign him and he turns out to be a mix of Van Gaal and Mourinho and everyone wants him gone within a year, will you thank the gods that we did? What I'm saying is there's better and younger coaches out there that actually want to play attacking football and have shown that they're capable of building a team up.
Being a mix of LVG and Mourinho means he will still be doing better than Ole though.