Would you give the job to Allegri right now?

Sir Scott McToMinay

Look at all those people thinking you can get paid millions per year managing a big club without expectations or pressure, oh and that David Moyes “deserves” more time.
Ffs some people live on another planet I swear.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Indeed.

Also fishy is the number of posters claiming to have supported United for decades yet insisting that we “aren’t a sacking club”.
That's always been the daftest claim ever.

We stopped being a sacking club when Fergie gave us 26 good years - we had no reason to be a sacking club! But Fergie came close to being sacked, before him we sacked manager after manager, and we have done since then too.

Of course we had a long period of not being 'a sacking club' - we had Fergie ffs.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I could agree with simply not liking Allegri type of football as a personal preference, but the "club vision" mesmerizing argument is simply a big no.
The club vision is to win things, or at least put up a good fight for titles, which is not happening. Is it so hard to admit we are in a much worst position than last year, and many of us thought it was impossible?

Bestietom

That's always been the daftest claim ever.

We stopped being a sacking club when Fergie gave us 26 good years - we had no reason to be a sacking club! But Fergie came close to being sacked, before him we sacked manager after manager, and we have done since then too.

Of course we had a long period of not being 'a sacking club' - we had Fergie ffs.
Give Ole until the summer at least, and hope he can get a couple of players here in January. Then if things don't change go for Pochettino.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Give Ole until the summer at least, and hope he can get a couple of players here in January. Then if things don't change go for Pochettino.
Why? No one will come in January for him. "hope he does something in January" equates to taking a punt.

What has he done to deserve this much?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why? No one will come in January for him. "hope he does something in January" equates to taking a punt.

What’s the point of bringing in someone new, who won’t be able to get anyone they want in January as well? They’re not going to magically change our style or players attitudes either.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What’s the point of bringing in someone new, who won’t be able to get anyone they want in January as well? They’re not going to magically change our style or players attitudes either.
Are you trying to suggest a team coached by Ole will perform the same as a team coached by Allegri?

Seriously?

Bestietom

Doesn't every time we bring in new players "equate to taking a punt". You are dismissing the first 14 games we played under him when he came here. He was our saviour then. Now everyone wants to throw him under the bus. Woodard promised him replacements for both Herrera and Lukaku but got neither.
Give him that chance at least, if there is no improvement then let him go in the summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Are you trying to suggest a team coached by Ole will perform the same as a team coached by Allegri?

Seriously?
No, I’m suggesting allegri will not do anything with a squad he will inherit in jan. If you take his 4-2-3-1 formation he used at Juve, who the feck is he going to play in these positions, what differences will he drill into these players that would do anything different?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doesn't every time we bring in new players "equate to taking a punt". You are dismissing the first 14 games we played under him when he came here. He was our saviour then. Now everyone wants to throw him under the bus. Woodard promised him replacements for both Herrera and Lukaku but got neither.
Give him that chance at least, if there is no improvement then let him go in the summer.
I'm not dismissing anything, I didn't want him as perm then because I knew those games didn't reflect his actual form as a manager. The matches were clinical and nothing more. They were against bottom fodders on top. And now, obviously, it's normalised to his actual ability as a manager.

And no, buying players isn't taking a punt, it's an educated assessment before you bring them in. But you're saying, let's hope he can do something in january. That's literally taking a punt.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No, I’m suggesting allegri will not do anything with a squad he will inherit in jan. If you take his 4-2-3-1 formation he used at Juve, who the feck is he going to play in these positions, what differences will he drill into these players that would do anything different?
A managers job isn't just setting the formation. Allegri would undoubtedly get far more out of the players than Ole would. That's beyond debate, let's be honest.

HowYouDoin

Seems to have the best of our 3 last managers

Good personality like Ole
Tactically flexible like LVG
Experienced, winner, defensively strong like Mourinho

Yeah, I say sign him up. If language barrier isn't a problem and if other coaches in the past managed while struggling with the language, go for it. He's the right guy.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A managers job isn't just setting the formation. Allegri would undoubtedly get far more out of the players than Ole would. That's beyond debate, let's be honest.
i know that, that’s why I asked what’s he going donget out of them that’s different. You might get another dead cat bounce with ole, but you’ll tail off again. If this was the summer, I’d be on board, but you’re just setting up another manager to fail coming in jan.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
i know that, that’s why I asked what’s he going donget out of them that’s different. You might get another dead cat bounce with ole, but you’ll tail off again. If this was the summer, I’d be on board, but you’re just setting up another manager to fail coming in jan.
Allegri is an actual coach, he has pedigree of coming into a team with bang average players and dragging them up the table. Bringing him in raises our chances of finishing top 6/top 4 and then having the actual pulling power of top players next summer.

We sure as feck won't have anything close to that keeping Ole as manager and ending 10th, which is very feasible.

lurkingfan

Had we not sold Lukaku + loaned Sanchez, then there would a possibility for a manager (one that can communicate with Sanchez in Italian) to get more out of the players we had, but now? If I was Allegri, I'd bide my time until at least some of the holes are plugged.

HowYouDoin

Also if we get Allegri, not sure what happens to Pogba. I wanted to get rid of him, I still think we should, I still think he wants out...but now all of a sudden we'd be getting a manager that had Pogba playing like one of the better players in the world.
I still say, sell him first chance if you can but getting Allegri does make things a bit more interesting.

Bestietom

I'm not dismissing anything, I didn't want him as perm then because I knew those games didn't reflect his actual form as a manager. The matches were clinical and nothing more. They were against bottom fodders on top.

And no, buying players isn't taking a punt, it's an educated assessment before you bring them in. But you're literally saying, let's hope he can do something in january. That's literally taking a punt.
There is players out there available, And if "taking a punt" is what we need, then so be it. But the scouts should be assessing them now and making arrangements for the move, if they are the right ones and passed by Ole. Then taking that Punt could change things around.
I remember when we brought Vidic and Evra here in January. Yes Evra had a nightmare against City but turned out to be a great player for us and Vidic was a rock. Fergie knew we needed defenders to get us over the line then. Now we probably need a Midfielder and a CF to get us up the table. If the 63 scouts we have, are doing their job now, we can get in these 2 top players. We are all hoping at this stage, mate. No matter who the manager.

Number4.

The risk with this argument is what happens in early March......

Let's look at this scenario, form hasn't changed (no signs it will) & United have played 26 games and are on 25 points, (similar to current run rate over last 18 games), crowd is anxious, players still in and out with knocks and injuries & a couple of new signings haven't made an impressions.

What next; Allegri, Poch and co. aren't going to risk being remembered as the manager who go United relegated.....

Step Up.... Big Sam & relegation or not, it's the final straw for many

ottosec

He is much better than Ole and he will instantly improve us, but on the long run, I don't know if he's a good option.

Bestietom

The risk with this argument is what happens in early March......

Let's look at this scenario, form hasn't changed (no signs it will) & United have played 26 games and are on 25 points, (similar to current run rate over last 18 games), crowd is anxious, players still in and out with knocks and injuries & a couple of new signings haven't made an impressions.

What next; Allegri, Poch and co. aren't going to risk being remembered as the manager who go United relegated.....

Step Up.... Big Sam & relegation or not, it's the final straw for many
Same thing could happen with Allegri in charge, mate. If we could only see the future, eh.

Number4.

Same thing could happen with Allegri in charge, mate. If we could only see the future, eh.
See your point, but mine is there is on sense or sign of change under OGS - he took advantage of a post Jose bounce, got lucky against PSG & has been void of ideas since then.

United are deep in a rut & fresh eyes such as Allegri's should change that

I don't think i'm looking into the future, more saying what happens if things stay the same, but a two wins back to back arguably changes all that.

el3mel

Allegri was also asked about his future, but was quite elusive on this topic: "I don't speak English well yet, but I'm learning", the coach said to the reporters asking him about a possible future at Manchester United, should Solskjaer be sacked. "I love to test myself and when I joined Juve after Conte, many people thought that I would fail".
Allegri ON ? :drool:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There is players out there available, And if "taking a punt" is what we need, then so be it. But the scouts should be assessing them now and making arrangements for the move, if they are the right ones and passed by Ole. Then taking that Punt could change things around.
Players aren't available outside of Mandzukic really. And no one outside of you is saying we need to take a punt.
I remember when we brought Vidic and Evra here in January. Yes Evra had a nightmare against City but turned out to be a great player for us and Vidic was a rock. Fergie knew we needed defenders to get us over the line then. Now we probably need a Midfielder and a CF to get us up the table.
The whole transfer market has changed massively since then. You're clutching to two examples 14 years ago.
If the 63 scouts we have, are doing their job now, we can get in these 2 top players. We are all hoping at this stage, mate. No matter who the manager.
The scouts don't have any control over making targets available. They can do their job and identify talent, but that doesn't mean talent is available in January.

You can't just mindlessly hope it works out for a bad manager. If a manager is bad, which sure as you're born, Ole is, you act on it.

gza the genius

We need to make sure whoever we get next is the right fit, not just any available big name.

I don’t know a ton about Allegri but I’d rather we held off and waited for Pochettino or someone like him rather than just reverting to the norm.

Number4.

We need to make sure whoever we get next is the right fit, not just any available big name.

I don’t know a ton about Allegri but I’d rather we held off and waited for Pochettino or someone like him rather than just reverting to the norm.
Right fit to what?????

The Club doesn't know what it is aiming for, how it plans to get there or who it wants to hire or fire to facilitate. You cant start a journey without knowing roughly where you are going.

gza the genius

Right fit to what?????

The Club doesn't know what it is aiming for, how it plans to get there or who it wants to hire or fire to facilitate.
That’s essentially what I’m saying though. Figure that out and then hire the next manager - don’t just bring in whichever big name manager is currently jobless.

Number4.

That’s essentially what I’m saying though. Figure that out and then hire the next manager - don’t just bring in whichever big name manager is currently jobless.
I get what you're saying, I just think there is a risk of sleepwalking towards relegation while OGS remains absolutely lost at the wheel

Greck

Only if he's willing to come as an interim. People have already forgotten what made Jose's time miserable wasn't losing but winning in a miserable fashion. Knowing week after week that kind of dull defensive play was as good a it was ever going to get even if we got the 3 points

spiriticon

Not the right manager.

If he gets hired, I hope we'll lose the first few games of his tenure so he can get fired quickly and we can move on to the next manager.

</caftard>

Grande

Sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you are defending the idea of keeping Ole for as long as it takes to rebuild the club in his image, regardless of on field results.

So what would be your solution?
No, that’s not it. As regards Solskjær, I think we should stick with him as manager for as long as it takes to know whether he can bring progress to the club as a manager. To me, it’s way to early to have a qualified view on that now, yes, but if we get dragged into a relegation battle we can’t handle, if he loses the wardrobe, if there is no progression on the training ground, then he could go before the end of the season in my view. If not, he should get at least a couple of windows. If we are not close to the top of the table next season, He might go too. The caveat is if the people close to the grind (i.e. not us) see that he is doing so much terrific developments around the field that they are confident it’s worrth the wait (as the case was with Ferguson).

But what I am adamantly against, is to hire a new manager that is not compatible with the changes Solskjær has been trusted to implement at multiple levels of the club now. That would in my eyes actually be worse than getting relegated with Solskjær even. Cause it would be conclusive evidence that there is no thought of coherence at any level near the top of the club, and the current malaise will more or less be bound to continue not for a few years more, but for probably another decade.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Guy knowing or not english that well is a myth.
Watch how many italian players juventus have.
Bonucchi,Chiellini,Buffon,Rugani,De Sciglio and Bernardeschi on a 25-30 players squad.
So how would he comunicate with the other 18-22 in players? hands signals?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggy Starduster

Given the clear lack of direction on the field under Ole, any change would be good as we may actually become a goal threat.
Ole is useless and needs replacing before we are deep in a relegation fight.
There must be 100’s of managers who could get more out of this team than Ole.
This guy seems the best, available option. We need to be back and competitive again for a top 4 place. That ain’t happening under Ole.

patty123

No it wouldn’t similar to what you’re last paragraph made United’s team look average. It’s not United’s fault Moyes dittered on transfers and decided to just go with Fellaini. I mean his name at Everton was dittered Dave and they was known for making last minute deals.

Czech we had DDG. Terry we had Vidic. Lamps you can have. Hazard we still had Valencia and Nani. Torres and Mikel was just crap. He sold Mata to us that season and Oscar and Remieries well look at them now. It’s a non arguement. They just got a better coach. If he joined us instead we would have got a midfielder and a few others and won the title.
Well if you go back and read the last line of that post is my answer to the bold bit as firmly place the blame on him going on holidays rather than start straight away. As for comparing lamps and Hazard to the one dimensional AV and the hot and cold act of Nani is madness (sorry) and vidic was on his last legs when moyes took over and Oscar played a big part in him winning the league.

As for mou being a better coach, yeah back in the day maybe (hard to tell given money spent in first spell and no one to challenge him as remember we were all over the shop during his first spell as were arsenal after the season they went unbeaten, AF got us back on track and he was fired some months later.

So prior to leaving for Madrid he might have being, but thats when he became bitter because with all the money and talent he was always second best in Spain to pep and he left Spain and he wasnt the same Jose whos Porto cheated their way to a uefa win over Celtic and won the CL in a year that was considered dire in European footie in 04 when the mighty Greeks won the euros for heaven stakes.

filibuster

Supports
Chelsea FC
Pogba was a rising star under Allegri, he was performing to prove. That will change now, cause he is "established" in his mind.

So I really don't think Allegri will get the best out of Pogba. If anything, I think his appointment would be dangerous for Pogba's image, cause he would have nowhere to hide (apart from blaming his teammates maybe).

Perhaps, at the end that could be a plus for MU. Allegri would definitely stop the free-falling you experience, but not much more.

OleTheGreat

No way in hell. I don't think Allegri would under the ways of United. I think Ole should be given more time. If the right signings are made, i think he can change it around because i think we need precision in the attack and as a manager i think he can be the best to link forward players. He has the likes of Carrick to assist the midfielders and our defense is pretty decent this season compared to any of our last 6 seasons. I think we'll have a better shot at top4 or even winning the league if we get together a team of players who understand each other on and away from the pitch. That happens only with time. We keep changing managers and ideas and the squad has never had the time to settle to one set of ideas/ideals. Ole insists he keeps pushing the players to perform well. I do have one problem with Ole though, i don't think he can be a bossy boss. I think he needs to be that when necessary because i've seen Sir Alex go into the dressing room and pull out all the guns. He is mean but that drives players to do better. Not all the players under Sir Alex have been happy under him but they always wanted to be a part of his team because he knew how to get it done. He's beaten good teams but putting out less than half of the team we have now. So it is all about character and intensity within the team.

Right now we are lackluster but i think Ole can turn this around if given time until the summer and beyond!