Would you sack or keep ETH? | Closed. Use the ETH Manager Thread

Sack or keep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Surely there is no way back now? 6 losses in 10. The writing seems to be firmly on the wall.

Mods poll please.

L1nk

The question is, who would you honestly get if we sacked him? I don't know that there is a standout candidate

Skills

Snitch
Our fans need another away match at Anfield to get the message. No point until then.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
There’s things he could do better but you can’t do anything about the level of stupidity leading to conceding the penalty. That’s just an obvious example of how brain dead the players are on the pitch, but it manifests more thematically in everything they do.

edgecutter

Surely there is no way back now? 6 losses in 10. The writing seems to be firmly on the wall.

Mods poll please.
He's a problem, but the ownership and their henchmen allowed everything we are seeing to happen tonight. No DOF allows a manager to.spend big on Mount and Onana

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I will be deeply deeply shocked if he's in post in November.

At this point, we looked badly drilled, poorly coached and simply clueless.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Haven’t a clue who’d replace him but he’s been awful for a long time now.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Glazers need to feck off, we've had "good managers" and good players, something else is wrong at the club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Change owners. Nothing else matters.

arnie_ni

We can't just keep going on this merry go round. I think we have to see the season out.

Mainoldo

I like him. But you cannot do this… If Pep did this he’d have to get sacked.

PoTMS

The question is, who would you honestly get if we sacked him? I don't know that there is a standout candidate
I don't give a feck. I'd even take Ole at this point over this fraud. He's causing more damage the longer he stays in.

L1nk

I don't give a feck. I'd even take Ole at this point over this fraud.
That's just an emotional and short sighted answer though isn't it, you cannot sack a manager with zero plan to bring anyone in.

AndySmith1990

He's crap. I'm really not interested in being one of those happy clappers who pretends it'll all magically get better in time. We've been here before and we know how it ends

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Keep

but he is in trouble

he needs an extraordinarily set of results to salvage this season

McTerminator

Can we have an option for those who “no longer care”?

Don’t think any changes to management or playing staff will make a meaningful difference while the leeches are still driving the clown car.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I've quickly turned on Moyes, LVG (worst manager ever), Mourinho, Ole. It was clear they are dinosaurs and don't know what they're doing.

Not turning on ETH yet.

Erics_Collar

I'm officially in the sack camp.

We can't allow this man to spend a penny in January. We just can't.

Reiver

Do you trust those above him to make a better appointment? If you do, then fine, sack him. If not there's no point.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Quite telling when he walked onto the pitch to shake the hands of the officials - wasn't interested in even speaking to our players and walked straight back off.

The club is fractured from the very top down at every level.

Someone

Something
It's a players issues at this moment. But he shouldn't be allowed to dictate our transfers. We need someone who knows what to do other than Mortough, otherwise any new manager will still be royally fecked.

PoTMS

That's just an emotional and short sighted answer though isn't it, you cannot sack a manager with zero plan to bring anyone in.
I'd take a punt of a new manager bounce over this guaranteed load of steaming shite Ten Hag is serving us. The longer he stays in, the longer the poison sets in.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What I'm wondering as well
If something that's clearly not working do you just stick with it and hope for the best? I would sack as managers as possible until we land the right one

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Still keep for me but I can understand why some people are doubtful.

philippexyz

Ultimately, it doesn't matter who is the manager as long as Glazers are owning the club.

But, I think now he has approached territory where he deserves the sack. Wouldn't really mind keeping him also, it changes nothing.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Looks like he's firmly en route to be sacked. I voted keep but I just don't see it getting any better in all honesty.

I also know the board won't act quickly so liklihood is there are a lot of months of pain ahead before anything happens.

Church o Choccy

I'm definitely one of the "moderates". I'm generally in favour of giving managers time, I though Moyes should have got another season. I even thought Ole would turn it round until the Watford game.

But it seems inevitable here. I don't necessarily want him to go, I can kind of see what he's trying to build in sections of the games, I'm not sure who we replace him with and I feel for him having been dealt a shit hand in terms of injuries and a poorly run club. But I've seen this movie before, I don't see how he turns it round.

Just a feeling of sadness all round.

KjaAnd

There’s things he could do better but you can’t do anything about the level of stupidity leading to conceding the penalty. That’s just an obvious example of how brain dead the players are on the pitch, but it manifests more thematically in everything they do.
His job is to either coach the players to not be brain dead time and time again... or pick players who are not brain dead. Unfortunately, it seems he primarily signs players who are also brain dead.

Gandalf

If he loses to Bentford on the weekend it will be difficult to make the case for keeping him. He might be cut some slack because of the injury issues but honestly it is hard to see him turning it around, I just do not understand what he is trying to do besides being a disciplinarian.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Our fan base proves, yet again, they deserve the Glazers and the state this club's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.