Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Hmmm....

I don't get the point of this. Why is this journo even posting a poll made on other site? What did we get from this for him to inform us? That fans on a certain forum are supporting him to stay? Maybe on other forums they wouldn't? Totally useless.

ash_86

I don't get the point of this. Why is this journo even posting a poll made on other site? What did we get from this for him to inform us? That fans on a certain forum are supporting him to stay? Maybe on other forums they wouldn't? Totally useless.
What we get is a perspective. Majority in ours wants Ole out, not in some others. Ideally the truth is somewhere in the middle. Lot of people are sitting in the fence regarding this decision.

el3mel

What we get is a perspective. Majority in ours wants Ole out, not in some others. Ideally the truth is somewhere in the middle. Lot of people are sitting in the fence regarding this decision.
It's just a poll on one site. It means nothing, just like the poll here too. Both are small sample size. I'm not blaming you but blaming the journo for that totally useless tweet that adds nothing in general.

bleedred

We had an almost 25-30% shift over here in one week. Wouldnt be surprised if similar changes are seen among other fanbases in the next couple of weeks, if this run continues.

bleedred

What concerns me about sacking Ole now is the kind of signals we send, both to the players and to any future manager.

Basically we tell the players that "you are not to blame at all", even though many of them clearly are not good enough and i imo many of them have poor attitudes. And to whoever we hire in Ole's place we basically tell them that "you need to deliver the goods from day 1, or you will get sacked and have your reputation dragged through the mud"

All the names that gets thrown around: Ten Haag, Nagelsman, Poch, Allegri etc....would they want the job?
The bar was set low for Ole and the bar is now even lower for anyone coming in. So deliver goods from Day 1 for anyone coming in is not "Get this team to Top 4 at the end of the season. Its just going to be about "ATLEAST getting results against the likes of Rochdale, AZ and Newcastle."

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Negative in what sense? I think it’s negative anyone wanting this awful manager & awful football to stay.
As in I dont think the majority of our fanbase want Ole gone

Do you even watch our matches every week? He's been here 10 months now. What positives are there to take from Solskjaer's management that we see on the pitch?
No Im not into watching matches - I prefer to just chat bollocks on internet forums :rolleyes:

United Hobbit

Think one of the guys on a podcast I was listening to today summed Ole up perfectly, they were discussing how when he came in he said he wanted to build the team around Pogba and while he's been injured, yet when he has used him he's been played out of position, If you're going to build the team round him play him in his best position

The guy said Ole has "probably got good intentions and knows what he wants but just feel like he doesn't really know how to accomplish it"

Shark

@NotShark
:lol:. Those fans deserve him. In the words of a top red. When he leaves I hope they go with him!!
Me too. Enough if this ''United way'' bollocks, that died when SAF retired. These so called match going fans are causing more issues and agony for the rest of us as far as I'm concerned. They're the fans that can actually make a difference but they continue to accept what is lower than mediocrity at this point.

Smores

It's a stupid poll there's a reason they've tagged on the labels rather than a straight yes/no.

Of course there's a way he can still make it but that doesn't make it a good idea not to sack him.

Mainoldo

It's a stupid poll there's a reason they've tagged on the labels rather than a straight yes/no.

Of course there's a way he can still make it but that doesn't make it a good idea not to sack him.
It's agenda driven, but i just don't understand why? What's the aim and who is bankrolling these opinions?

hobbers

It's agenda driven, but i just don't understand why? What's the aim and who is bankrolling these opinions?
I think it's just worse with United fans because we've all been conditioned to look at the manager as being bigger than the club.

SAF was United and United was SAF. But that sort of thinking had to end when he left. Because if you want success you dont persist with failed managers with failing philosophies.

Unfortunately lots of people are dim, and dumb loyalty is a powerful force. And in a football stadium it's always a lot easier to be vocally supportive, so the loudest will always be supportive and the silent majority will just role their eyes and grumble under their breaths. It's exactly what happened with Moyes.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Do you even watch our matches every week? He's been here 10 months now. What positives are there to take from Solskjaer's management that we see on the pitch?
No Im not into watching matches - I prefer to just chat bollocks on internet forums :rolleyes:
As someone who advocates for Ole staying, i merely asked what objective reasons do you have for that. Thanks for dodging the question with an unnecessary response. Says it all.

Johnnyredboots

Woodward doesn't have the right to sack another manager, while i might agree Ole might not have the chops for the job, Woodward should be sacked first.

ash_86

We had an almost 25-30% shift over here in one week. Wouldnt be surprised if similar changes are seen among other fanbases in the next couple of weeks, if this run continues.
Yes if results don't turn up then certainly possible. I'm on the edge right now myself though i have kept my vote to keep him.

Alabaster Codify7

Why the hmm? I voted in that thread, and it is populated by matchgoers. Not surprised at all that the ones who actually matter, and the ones who actually put in the hard yards following the club, think that the manager who hasn't been backed to a significant degree at all, deserves more time...

Your opinion means absolutely feck all, lad, no matter how many games you attend.

Once Ole takes us into a relegation battle, he is gone. Get prepared for it.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Should have another poll - would you be happy for United to lose against Liverpool on Sunday if it meant Ole was sacked YES or NOOOOOOOOO ?
Reducing the poll down to one match to dumb down it's results and by extension the debate. What a great idea. Congrats!

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Oh lighten up ffs, can I put you down as a Yes?
I wish there was something to lighten up about!

Of course not. As much as i believe Ole hasn't got what it takes going forward, i would never be happy to see us lose. I will be rooting for the team as always come match-day. You can't put people in a box like that. It's too simple.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah, fair enough
Reducing the poll down to one match to dumb down it's results and by extension the debate. What a great idea. Congrats!
I apologise for the belittling comment above. I should know better. With the disastrous results for many months and the resulting fan base being split into two groups of general opinions, it feels like you're talking to the enemy and not fans of the same team on here sometimes.

Rafaeldagold

Hmmm....

There’s a reason journalists are cherry picking some ridiculous pro ole forum poll. They want to try & spread the narrative that Ole needs more time as they know that’s absolutely the worst thing for this club. They love seeing us kicked down & this is the sort of stuff they do to try & keep us there

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The 'Ole out' group sound a bit desperate about the results of the poll like it actually matters. I don't know what it says because i haven't voted, i imagine it's relatively high on 'sack' because it's full of those need to shout about it every day.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
As someone who advocates for Ole staying, i merely asked what objective reasons do you have for that. Thanks for dodging the question with an unnecessary response. Says it all.
Ask a stupid question ...

There are a 100 pages of discussion here - the reasons are all here, I doubt I'm going to add much new at this point

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There’s a reason journalists are cherry picking some ridiculous pro ole forum poll. They want to try & spread the narrative that Ole needs more time as they know that’s absolutely the worst thing for this club. They love seeing us kicked down & this is the sort of stuff they do to try & keep us there
Which journalists are cherry picking?!

Most media coverage love the Ole out stuff - shame our own fans feed this type of hysteria

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
They would because they would see Ole being sacked for having worse results than Newcastle in the last 17 games. Any manager on that form would now its expected to be sacked. Or do we have a worse squad than Newcastle?
The bar was set low for Ole and the bar is now even lower for anyone coming in. So deliver goods from Day 1 for anyone coming in is not "Get this team to Top 4 at the end of the season. Its just going to be about "ATLEAST getting results against the likes of Rochdale, AZ and Newcastle."
Try to put yourself in their (other managers) shoes. They will see their predecessor having getting sacked 8(9) games into their first full season with an infamous CEO and a squad that has not pulled up trees exactly.

Does that sound like an enticing job offer? Sure the pay might be good, but if we are looking for a "young progressive" coach as everyone here wants then it would be the mother of all risks taking that job

Mainoldo

Try to put yourself in their (other managers) shoes. They will see their predecessor having getting sacked 8(9) games into their first full season with an infamous CEO and a squad that has not pulled up trees exactly.

Does that sound like an enticing job offer? Sure the pay might be good, but if we are looking for a "young progressive" coach as everyone here wants then it would be the mother of all risks taking that job
Compare that to which other high end club that offers better security? Name the club please? Chelsea? Bayern?

cuz

I reckon you keep Ole.

He has made 3 good signings.

Give him 5 more in January.

He simply needs more talent before properly judged.

Any manager without Martial, Pogba, Shaw etc will struggle with this squad. Improve the squad

Revaulx

In public. In private, not at all.
Public = sing for the team in the ground. And rightly so.

Private = moan like fcuk on the tram home.

Just because people aren’t booing and flying planes doesn’t mean they’re happy with what they see.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I've never been on this site. Is this TopRed.com?
No - Red Issue doesnt exist anymore!

this forum is connected to United We Stand fanzine which is sold on matchdays, the best club fanzine in my opinion - you never heard of it?

SteveW

Your entitled, arrogant attitude is getting very tiresome. Not all of us live in Manchester or England so I'm not sure what we are supposed to do about that or why that makes us less important or less entitled to an opinion than someone who does.
I don't think anyone is saying all non matchgoers are lesser supporters. However you can be sure UWS has a much lower percentage of casual supporters that aren't that knowledgeable but are happy to throw their weight around online because it costs them nothing.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Match going fans will obviously cheer. You have the atmosphere of a footy game going on and all. It's sitting at home when you can really analyze.

Foxbatt

What's the reason for keeping Ole? It's not good enough saying his team is not good enough. Yes we all know his team is not good enough to win the PL.

But to lose to Newcastle and Crystal Palace at home? Even if you give him 5 players in January he is not going to win anything.
Furthermore top world class players are not going to come to play for Ole. Just like with Moyes.
It's time we faced reality. Manchester United under Ole is not a top footballing club. We are a mediocre club. Top players want to play for top clubs that are competing for trophies and playing in the CL.

RadicaliRed

Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer did 14 wins in 19 games when he took over as caretaker manager, has no one been reminded of this?

The team has a slightly younger edge to it, but you can't peg missing on our goals all on transferring Lukaku out to Inter who only scored 12 goals that season and came on mostly as a sub anyway.

Our key performers, Pogba, Martial are injured, as is Bailly until end of the season. This French connection is seriously missed.
The powerhouse defense duo of Phil Jones and Chris Smalling which resembled Vidic and Rio Ferdinand is not in place anymore.

Man United need to hold on to a manager, especially one such as Ole for at least a couple of seasons. That has been our problem in the past and we are all short-run motivated for being the best immediately, it doesn't happen overnight!
I believe Woodward will give Solsjaker the time, which is essential for our team to improve and develop. Let him bring in some big names and in a season or two we will be untouchable even playing our second team.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I apologise for the belittling comment above. I should know better. With the disastrous results for many months and the resulting fan base being split into two groups of general opinions, it feels like you're talking to the enemy and not fans of the same team on here sometimes.
No probs, we're all trigger happy at times - and you're right it does feel at times as though i've been transported onto a ABU website.

Status
Not open for further replies.