Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manunited1919

You do realise our midfield is crap because of him? He decided to get rid of Fellaini, yet had no one to replace him. Herrera left and he didn’t replace him.
You forgot: he also decided to spend £80m on Maguire instead of investing in a depleted midfield and ineffective forwards.

AneRu

Blanc should be given a chance, and not just as caretaker.
Blanc isn't the guy to take us forward and given how this club allows sentiment to cloud their judgement he shouldn't be caretaker too just bring in an outsider to complete the season whilst we work on attracting a modern and tactically astute manager for next season.

I'd say the sequence of actions should be:
- bring in a Sporting Director and give him relative autonomy within a set budgetary framework.
- let he be the guy that decides Ole's fate and who to bring in as caretaker.
- sign a midfielder and attacker for a Europa League onslaught.
- spend the second half of the season tapping up Marco Rose
- appoint him and continue with the rebuild in the summer.

manunited1919

He won't leave. We'll pick few wins against relegation fodders like Norwich or Watford, defend for our lives in big games while getting decent results, while fecking up against midtable clubs more often than not, but those wins will pay him time and we'll end the season 7th or 8th. I guess that's when he'll be gone.
The way we are going we will have a proper relegation battle in our hands. That January transfer window can’t come soon enough.

AneRu

You forgot: he also decided to spend £80m on Maguire instead of investing in a depleted midfield and ineffective forwards.
And he will spend another £80m on Declan Rice hyping him up as the second coming of Keane. Amateur hour at United.

Yakuza_devils

Still keep....

Partizan, Brighton & Villa at Home and Sheffield United & Astana away are our next 5 games, no point sacking (and hire who????) before these. Lets see where we are after this period
These games are exactly good games for new manager to come in and implement new system.

We can appoint a caretaker manager and in the summer go for Poch, Nagelsmann, Marco Rose and etc. If we want a permanent manager now Allergi is a good choice and if we try maybe Poch is also available

Bojan11

Still keep....

Partizan, Brighton & Villa at Home and Sheffield United & Astana away are our next 5 games, no point sacking (and hire who????) before these. Lets see where we are after this period
Why is there no point? These are the games we been struggling in so let’s him keep him in more. Maybe we’d score more than 1 vs the mighty Astana this time.

starman

These games are exactly good games for new manager to come in and implement new system.

We can appoint a caretaker manager and in the summer go for Poch, Nagelsmann, Marco Rose and etc. If we want a permanent manager now Allergi is a good choice and if we try maybe Poch is also available
Yup and that would be completely pointless. Seriously what difference is it going to make if a caretaker comes in and gets 6 or 7 points from the PL games, something that can be done under Ole and find ourselves in the top 6.
All Ole's signings have been good. It would be wise letting him seeing it through to January provided we have players lined up to bring in. The previous managers and bought so much crap, its going to take a couple of windows (from this summer) to turn over the sqaud

Ziggy Starduster

He’s overseen a spend of over £150m and we are in a relegation battle, with no signs of improvement.
He hasn’t improved the football or the work rate, despite promising improvements after a full pre season with the squad.
He is now sounding more and more like a relegation manager with his quotes and summaries of our performances.
Oleball has failed and there is nothing to suggest we would get top 4 even if he had City’s squad.

Chipper

Adulterer.
50% people still think that he is good enough? We deserve this shit then. I will change my vote for keep. Playing in Championship will be fun. More games, more fun, more everything.
Probably not.

I'm sure many people will have voted at some point then not returned to the thread, or even the website. Then there's those who won't even realise you can change your vote. It means the whole thing will be wildly inaccurate. I guess the idea of leaving it open is to show changes of opinion over time but it can't work properly for the above reasons.

It is just a poll on a website though so not necessarily such a big deal, but no polling company like yougov would make one poll then leave it open for such a long period of time. They make fresh polls every week/couple of weeks/whatever.

The caf ain't yougov though, and if they were making a new thread/poll every week then there might be a feeling of all the threads clogging up the forum. It's a hard thing to implement and do right I suppose.

starman

Why is there no point? These are the games we been struggling in so let’s him keep him in more. Maybe we’d score more than 1 vs the mighty Astana this time.
Because it would just be doing it for the sake of it to please a section of fans, losing to Bournemouth is not a major loss, yet its somehow supposed to be a final straw moment. But those moments happened after the Wolves game, so theres no point reasoning with some. If we can easily find ourselves in the top 6 come December why not just keep Ole and see out the January window. This situation is no way in comparison to Moyes, LVG, or Jose, where there was a clear toxicity around the club as well as the poor football.

Bojan11

Because it would just be doing it for the sake of it to please a section of fans, losing to Bournemouth is not a major loss, yet its somehow supposed to be a final straw moment. But those moments happened after the Wolves game, so theres no point reasoning with some. If we can easily find ourselves in the top 6 come December why not just keep Ole and see out the January window. This situation is no way in comparison to Moyes, LVG, or Jose, where there was a clear toxicity around the club as well as the poor football.
Losing to a side that hasn’t won since September is ok. Losing to Newcastle is ok. All you doing is saying these results are ok. Teams know how to beat us if they smart. Ole is clueless and I doubt much will change in the next few fixtures.

marktan

I'm indifferent but I doubt it's going to get better from here.

Out next games in the league are Brighton, Villa, Sheffield, Spurs and City.

I can see us struggling in the later 4.

Enigma_87

You know who
Romantic or clueless? Because there are people who keep faith doesn't mean they're clueless.
Both actually.

The faith in things that are very unlikely to happen(keep faith ones) are rather deluded if we’re looking for exact term.

manunited1919

Probably not.

I'm sure many people will have voted at some point then not returned to the thread, or even the website. Then there's those who won't even realise you can change your vote. It means the whole thing will be wildly inaccurate. I guess the idea of leaving it open is to show changes of opinion over time but it can't work properly for the above reasons.

It is just a poll on a website though so not necessarily such a big deal, but no polling company like yougov would make one poll then leave it open for such a long period of time. They make fresh polls every week/couple of weeks/whatever.

The caf ain't yougov though, and if they were making a new thread/poll every week then there might be a feeling of all the threads clogging up the forum. It's a hard thing to implement and do right I suppose.
There’s also a few Cafters who support other teams, and enjoy seeing us treading water.

SirMattlives

I'll stick with the keep Ole vote I made originally and here's why. I do see a different style of play from us this year and I can imagine it evolving and improving as the team gets some experience and Ole gets more players in that he and the crew want for this style. Yes, it's been topsy-turvy so far this season, and we have looked plain awful at some times, lightweight in attack, still a bit fragile under pressure, but this is a process and team-building is not an instant matter. When we do play a more successful, attacking game, you can see the differences between this side and Jose's. Not forgiving any of the mess the board has made post-Fergie but the determination was made last season to go back to youth, a United way.. etc call it what you will, but it was a plan, which I don't remember us articulating under Jose (he was just supposed to turn us into serial winners, right?). Either we have a plan and stick to it or we chop and change at every problem patch. If we imagine the play can be fixed by a quick managerial change then perhaps we have not really learned much from recent history.

I suspect Ole's baby-faced manner is not helping, people would be more impressed if he was strident and bullish, exuding attitude more than being thoughtful and generally positive in the media, but he's the man in the job now. We never expected a miracle, but I think he's moving us slowly, perhaps too slowly, in the right direction. I see no real point in changing the plan and management again in this season. Better to see who we can buy in the next transfer window and review progress at end of season. I know that the hours after a sloppy defeat is not the time for calm but decisions affecting the club's long-term future should not be taken in anger. So yes, keep Ole for me.

reddevil80

At this point, I'd rather give Rooney a bloody chance; as player manager maybe. At least he still knows where the net is.

Houdini

Weare waiting for relegaiton battle. If he can keep us in premierleagu he will be offred a new long-term contract. At least those games will be interesting and we will have motivation again.

starman

Losing to a side that hasn’t won since September is ok. Losing to Newcastle is ok. All you doing is saying these results are ok. Teams know how to beat us if they smart. Ole is clueless and I doubt much will change in the next few fixtures.
Top managers, CV wise, in Jose and LVG lost to teams like this. It's never ok, but it happens... And also Bournemouth are in the top 6 right now, the stat you want to use you are trying to portray them as being crap this season...

And all you are doing is the grass is greener routine, you are no clued up than anyone else. You think the football and results will instantly improve if he is sacked and if xyz manager comes in
My estimate is Ole's is turning over the sqaud and will look a better team than the one he took over. As I said, let him see out the January window

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I feel like everyone flips based on the last result.

Basically, it's clear he's not a Man United manager. He is not even a Premier League manager. He isn't going to take us forward, so he's got to go.

The table never lies, and we are 11th in the table a third of the way into the season. The table is beginning to take shape, and we are nowhere near even the top 4, which is the minimum that should be expected if a Manchester United manager.

Some of you are blinded by nostalgia, some by loyalty, some have just lowered their standards.

Rajma

There’s no point in arguing anymore as anyone with the set of eyes can tell that he needs to go. No hard feelings though.

humdinger

I’ve finally changed my vote to sack. We should have been strongly pushing for top 4 this season even with the injuries to Pogba and Martial and I think he’s dragged us down even further and we’ll finish in the bottom half if he doesn’t leave.

Kappa123

Bringing in Wayne Rooney is a great shout. He's not even started at Derby yet, surely if we can poach the mighty Molde's manager we can get Derby's as well :drool:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Once the Saudis come, he'll be the first to go.

SAFMUTD

Top managers, CV wise, in Jose and LVG lost to teams like this. It's never ok, but it happens... And also Bournemouth are in the top 6 right now, the stat you want to use you are trying to portray them as being crap this season...

And all you are doing is the grass is greener routine, you are no clued up than anyone else. You think the football and results will instantly improve if he is sacked and if xyz manager comes in
My estimate is Ole's is turning over the sqaud and will look a better team than the one he took over. As I said, let him see out the January window
Based on what besides faith? The best we looked under him was at the very beginning as time has passed we look worst and worst.

Zahed

Don't worry he'll be back at the wheel for Parizan and Brighton and then back in the ditch again against Sheffield United. There is no progress here, no leadership, no direction. no patterns of play, playing like a team who is trying not to lose. World record fees paid for players who now look distinctly average.

starman

Based on what besides faith? The best we looked under him was at the very beginning as time has passed we look worst and worst.

Based off the players hes has brought in and got rid of. Something I can't say about the previous 3 managers. He had Herrera at the start, as well,as Pogba.
And before you say it, he didn't want Herrera to leave and also Pogba has been virtually non existent this season. It doesnt take a genius to know we need bring in midfielders. The midfield is the major weakness in the team, hence why give him the January window and see what happens.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We aren’t getting taken over.

Why do people keep pedalling this story with no proof?
Maybe not now but I do believe we're end up being sold to them sooner rather then later. There's plenty of indications suggesting that.

Yakuza_devils

Yup and that would be completely pointless. Seriously what difference is it going to make if a caretaker comes in and gets 6 or 7 points from the PL games, something that can be done under Ole and find ourselves in the top 6.
All Ole's signings have been good. It would be wise letting him seeing it through to January provided we have players lined up to bring in. The previous managers and bought so much crap, its going to take a couple of windows (from this summer) to turn over the sqaud
I respect your opinion but to me it's pure madness. Not really sure what you see in Ole style of play that you are still supporting him even though his football and results have been worse than LVG and Moyes.

BTW, except James his signings are pretty obvious. Macguire and AWB are well known in the league. Jury is still out for James too. There are also many other players that can improve our squad such as Dybala, Erikson, Sancho and etc that is not exactly rocket science.

The hardest part for TOP football manager is playing well with "present" available team!

starman

I respect your opinion but to me it's pure madness. Not really sure what you see in Ole style of play that you are still supporting him even though his football and results have been worse than LVG and Moyes.

BTW, except James his signings are pretty obvious. Macguire and AWB are well known in the league. Jury is still out for James too. There are also many other players that can improve our squad such as Dybala, Erikson, Sancho and etc that is not exactly rocket science.

The hardest part for TOP football manager is playing well with "present" available team!
And yet almost 1bn has been spent since SAF retired and the 3 he's has brought in have been and will be as good as all the previous signing if they maintain the same level. Herrera, Zlatan and probably Martial are probably the only good signings over the last 6 years..

SAFMUTD

Based off the players hes has brought in and got rid of. Something I can't say about the previous 3 managers. He had Herrera at the start, as well,as Pogba.
And before you say it, he didn't want Herrera to leave and also Pogba has been virtually non existent this season. It doesnt take a genius to know we need bring in midfielders. The midfield is the major weakness in the team, hence why give him the January window and see what happens.
So you take more importance in how the 3 players that he brought are performing than how the complete team actually plays?

I mean Maguire and AWB are not exactly unearthed gems, they where 80 and 50 million each.

He should be getting way better results with the squad we have, the players are struggling and some (many) are not good enough for the aspirations we have but its clear as day that Ole isn’t helping, we create zero chances per game.

When I hear Ole’s quotes like “Martial is so good that in training all the players know all they have to do to get goals is get the ball to Antony” I know he is praising the player but damn that sure looks like an actual fact, I can easily imagine him just doing that in training.

We have no clear style, and you don’t need worldclass players to show the style, you may need it to perform it at it best but arguing that we don’t have a style just because we don’t have good enough players is just bullshit.

Yakuza_devils

I'll stick with the keep Ole vote I made originally and here's why. I do see a different style of play from us this year and I can imagine it evolving and improving as the team gets some experience and Ole gets more players in that he and the crew want for this style. Yes, it's been topsy-turvy so far this season, and we have looked plain awful at some times, lightweight in attack, still a bit fragile under pressure, but this is a process and team-building is not an instant matter. When we do play a more successful, attacking game, you can see the differences between this side and Jose's. Not forgiving any of the mess the board has made post-Fergie but the determination was made last season to go back to youth, a United way.. etc call it what you will, but it was a plan, which I don't remember us articulating under Jose (he was just supposed to turn us into serial winners, right?). Either we have a plan and stick to it or we chop and change at every problem patch. If we imagine the play can be fixed by a quick managerial change then perhaps we have not really learned much from recent history.

I suspect Ole's baby-faced manner is not helping, people would be more impressed if he was strident and bullish, exuding attitude more than being thoughtful and generally positive in the media, but he's the man in the job now. We never expected a miracle, but I think he's moving us slowly, perhaps too slowly, in the right direction. I see no real point in changing the plan and management again in this season. Better to see who we can buy in the next transfer window and review progress at end of season. I know that the hours after a sloppy defeat is not the time for calm but decisions affecting the club's long-term future should not be taken in anger. So yes, keep Ole for me.
So this is again the bizzare theory that we have employed the tried and tested manager with excellent CV in Jose and LVG. Now is the time to stick with inexperienced manager and give him more time and money to ultimately get it right?

Ole football is shit and worse than LVG and Moyes. I don't see any style of play or long term plan for the club.

All top manager make the average team play good football with whatever resources available to them.

montpelier

Just a silly loss. We are on the right track. Lei him take us a bit further. Too early for another change.

ottosec

25% win rate since he was appointed as a permanent manager. Mindblowing that some still think that he shouldn't be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.