Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

I wonder why most of your posts ridicule or laugh at everyone who doesn't think exactly like you do ?
I just find it amusing how many people our board has convinced to accept a complete mediocrity and brainwash into this "every manager deserves at least 3 years" nonsense. And some are saying Ed is doing a terrible job, it's a polar opposite, he is a fecking genius.

Handré1990

Yeah, that's fair. I've been using the analogy that it's like we broke our leg when Fergie left and Moyes came in, gutting the club as he did. Then it grew back together, through Mourinho and LvG, but it grew together crooked. We have a huuuuge bloated squad, on ridiculous wages, some which have/had attitudes that clearly weren't good enough for a club like this. All this while every other club is still highly motivated to smash United. This is also why I find the lazy comparisons to other mid-table teams a bit ridiculous. Everton don't have players looking to get a huge headline by taking their scalp, that's just another day at the office. Not so when United come to town.

Ole comes in, and the decision is to break the leg again and re-set it. It's fecking agonising, and we're hobbling badly right now, but it may be the right thing for the long term. It definitely is risky, though, as you pointed out. I may be naive but I truly do believe Ole is doing it because it's right, even though it is risky for his continued employment. He might have been doing better now if he asked us to get in Dybala, regardless of whether we're just another big name and pay-day on his CV.

I believe we're on a decent path, even in our lessened state, it's just going to take time to get raise ourselves up again.. But at least Ole seems to be recruiting players who truly want here, instead of just getting in signings because we need someone. Maybe we should have done better in the market, but none of us know just how much of that is on Ole, Woodward, and the rest.

I freely admit that I may be totally and utterly wrong, though, and I wouldn't refer to cults or lack of brains among those who aren't as optimistic. I fecking hate the atmosphere in this forum right now.
Great post! I’m pretty sure Ole isn’t good enough to bring us back to where we want to be, but those who left needed to go (except Smalling, respect for wanting to play rather than collect pay on the bench though). The rest of your post is music to my ears, I’m tired of the absolutes posters throw around, like they have a crystal ball, and of the insults thrown around when people disagree with them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Repeating myself immediately.. read my comment.

Which is something we've seen for 6 years is it not?

Do you seriously think this is Ole specifically asking for this? How could it be if its something systemic within the club for 6 years?

How is Ole at fault for a decades worth of piss poor recruitment and club mismanagement?
Do you really believe that this set of players are worse than the players playing for teams against which we dropped points? Palace, Bournemouth, Newcastle etc? And no fecking manager 'asks' for poor performances so it's not really a positive for Ole.

There are teams that play in the PL and other leagues that have WORSE personnel than us but still produce something called good football. You can type in two pages of excuses but you can't convince me or any other poster who has recognized that there is no coherence, no chemistry and no fluidity in our play. All we ask is not to look clueless against a half decent opponent.

Kag

Those who are Ole in are 100% convinced Leicester have a better team and wouldn't surprise me seeing someone trying to prove Sheffield have as well as I remember I saw someone arguing that Newcastle have better starting XI than us :lol:
I used to argue this line but this is when we had players like Pogba, Di Maria, Van Persie, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Herrera and a half-decent Mata and Matic to choose from. At various stages, of course.

Right now? Looking at the first team we’ve got out there today? Leicester have a better midfield and attacking unit than we do at present, certainly.

Martial is quality and James and Rashford remain promising. The rest of the midfield and attacking options are utter rubbish. Largely the result of terrible investment under both Mourinho and Van Gaal in these areas.

dove

I used to argue this line but this is when we had players like Pogba, Di Maria, Van Persie, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Herrera and a half-decent Mata and Matic to choose from. At various stages, of course.

Right now? Looking at the first team we’ve got out there today? Leicester have a better midfield and attacking unit than we do at present, certainly.

Martial is quality and James and Rashford remain promising. The rest of the midfield and attacking options are utter rubbish. Largely the result of terrible investment under both Mourinho and Van Gaal in these areas.
I am tired of arguing how shit our squad is. It's not the best in the league that's for sure but we should be doing much better than the current shitshow. I see most of you already forgot how terrible Leicester looked under Puel. Did they buy entire new XI with Rodgers? No. Leicester look great because they are coached well, not because they have some amazing squad.

Keefy18

Do you really believe that this set of players are worse than the players playing for teams against which we dropped points? Palace, Bournemouth, Newcastle etc? And no fecking manager 'asks' for poor performances so it's not really a positive for Ole.

There are teams that play in the PL and other leagues that have WORSE personnel than us but still produce something called good football. You can type in two pages of excuses but you can't convince me or any other poster who has recognized that there is no coherence, no chemistry and no fluidity in our play. All we ask is not to look clueless against a half decent opponent.
Generation FIFA rhetoric.

It isn't simply just about our XI vs another's.

What about morale? Confidence? I've heard players like Rashford speak openly and publicly about feeling exhausted, unhappy about how the clubs been managed on BBC only a month or so back. I've heard McTominay echo similar sentiments.

The bold part - Colour me feckin shocked when we've had 4 completely different managers all rolling out different ideals / demands of the players in 6 years and we lack coherence, chemistry and playing style consistently........ WOW. What ground breaking revelations!

It's been this way for 6 god damned years!

These same arguments have been had with Moyes, LVG, Jose and Now Ole...and we've morons, legit...complete and utter morons still arguing on a daily basis about X manager is completely and singularly at fault..No one else!

It gets to a point where you eventually have to look past managers and look at other problems for our recent malaise.

ayushreddevil9

Generation FIFA rhetoric.

It isn't simply just about our XI vs another's.

What about morale? Confidence? I've heard players like Rashford speak openly and publicly about feeling exhausted, unhappy about how the clubs been managed on BBC only a month or so back. I've heard McTominay echo similar sentiments.

The bold part - Colour me feckin shocked when we've had 4 completely different managers all rolling out different ideals / demands of the players in 6 years and we lack coherence, chemistry and playing style consistently........ WOW. What ground breaking revelations!

It's been this way for 6 god damned years!

These same arguments have been had with Moyes, LVG, Jose and Now Ole...and we've morons, legit...complete and utter morons still arguing on a daily basis about X manager is completely and singularly at fault..No one else!

It gets to a point where you eventually have to look past managers and look at other problems for our recent malaise.
So 10 months is not enough time it seems. How many years shall we need to get 4 or maybe 5 shots on target? Or maybe string a sequence of passes together?

And i am not the 'moron' here. Moron is the one who relentlessly defended the root of all problems Woodward during the summer and is now tracking back and talking about how the club is mismanaged and blah blah.

There are too many problems at the club but that won't make me turn a blind eye towards the manager.

Last edited:

Keefy18

So 10 months is not enough time it seems. How many years shall we need to get 4 or maybe shots on target? Or maybe string a sequence of passes together?
This is going to be an extremely difficult pill to swallow, its called the cold, hard, feckin truth pill....

There is no magical quick fix.

We've had serial winners, premier league experience and a manager who has worked wonders with youth throughout his career.

Behind all of this we've spent enough money to feed some small countries.

None have been overly successful to our liking.

It is what it is.

We went 27 years without a title.

The countries second biggest and most successful club... Liverpool, is waiting 29 years since their last title. Even with their better owners and better ran club in recent years, it took 5 years before they even hired a manager that was worth giving time to (Klopp). Even then he struggled at the start and it wasn't until Edwards (Sporting Director) was hired did their and his (Klopps) fortunes start to turn.

Sorry to drop all this harsh feckin truths on you but it is what it is.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Such revisionist nonsense.

Why are folks ignoring that in our poorer games with Ole here its eerily similar to games going back 4 years to LVG? If that is the case, how on earth... how in the blue god damned hell is it something that can be singularly blamed on Ole?

It's deeply embedded within the club these issues that have cause a malaise in the post Fergie years. There are games here with Ole that remind me going back as far as Moyes even. It is not Ole setting us up this way tactically at all.

I must of imagined him ridding the club of a tonne of deadwood over the summer and buying 3 long term great signings? Isn't that him "evaluating" the squad?

Just because it isn't instantly brilliant and we aren't challenging immediately your go to is to demand call for yet ANOTHER managers head?

Nothing but utter clowns supposedly "supporting" our club these days where a single transfer window is enough to crucify a manager for.
You are right. We need 3 more transfer windows and then we will not be dominated by Newcastle, Saints, Palace and trashed by West Ham. Silly me, asking from this squad to be better than midtable and low table clubs and not playing on counter attacks against them.

Keefy18

You are right. We need 3 more transfer windows and then we will not be dominated by Newcastle, Saints, Palace and trashed by West Ham. Silly me, asking from this squad to be better than midtable and low table clubs and not playing on counter attacks against them.
Such utter crap!

What about beating Chelsea, twice?
Everyone had us dead to rights vs Wolves? That they'd dominate us.
Must of imagined us beating Leicester.
Everyone had us to be smashed by Liverpool......... Didn't happen either.

So easy to cherry pick some results in a vain, idiotic attempt to enforce your incorrect narrative.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Such utter crap!

What about beating Chelsea, twice?
Everyone had us dead to rights vs Wolves? That they'd dominate us.
Must of imagined us beating Leicester.
Everyone had us to be smashed by Liverpool......... Didn't happen either.

So easy to cherry pick some results in a vain, idiotic attempt to enforce your incorrect narrative.
Ole really lowered standards for us. We got point against mighty Wolves and it is good thing you say.
Mate, we lost 4 games already without playing any big away game and we are 10 points from CL spot already. Against good sides we wait for counter attacks like some minor team.
Oh well, no point to drag this anymore. Ole is the worst manager in Pl for me, good manager who deserves time for you.
We shall see what will happen.

dove

Show improvement and demonstrate better quality of football and receive more support. It's not rocket science really.
I don't think it's that. You are just basing your opinion purely on results. We are playing no different today than last 20 matches. Created feck all but managed to score 2 goals with a fair bit of luck. We have not improved at all.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Feels like an uptick in form that coincides with lesser injuries. Not hard to see really.

Past managers have struggled to arrest the slide like this.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't think it's that. You are just basing your opinion purely on results. We are playing no different today than last 20 matches. Created feck all but managed to score 2 goals with a fair bit of luck. We have not improved at all.
I'm not basing it on today. We are showing signs of improvement which is all you can ask for given Ole's lack of experience and having to deal with losing players like Lukaku, Alexis, and now Pogba. Win or lose today, things are gradually improving.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We are playing better football. There are signs of improvement in terms of attach and the way the squad are playing together.
Fair enough!

I still think it comes down to Rashford's and Martial's individual quality rather than any semblance of great team play. Like, we may be 2-0 up, but we haven't really made any good team moves. Both goals have been very fortunate and the only time we look threatening is when James or Rashford and running at their defence. I see Martial making runs and we never play him in either.

When Pogba returns, and if them Rashford and Martial stay fit, I think we'll play better football, but I think it's more to do with their quailties rather than Ole's coaching.

Kag

I am tired of arguing how shit our squad is. It's not the best in the league that's for sure but we should be doing much better than the current shitshow. I see most of you already forgot how terrible Leicester looked under Puel. Did they buy entire new XI with Rodgers? No. Leicester look great because they are coached well, not because they have some amazing squad.
Coaching (or lack of) is a huge element to this. I argued this relentlessly when Mourinho was in charge. Likewise under Van Gaal and Moyes. However, there reaches a point in which you need to take a look at the squad in its current predicament and be realistic. It isn’t remotely good enough.

We look like we’re about to go into seventh, provided we see Brighton off. Given we’ve played the majority of the season without Martial, Pogba and Shaw, who are three of our best players, seventh position is around about par for the course given we’ve been playing a midfield three of Fred, McTominay and Pereira.

Sterling Archer

Towards the end of the half. We get a free kick some 40 yards out. Why are we lumping it into the box instead of a short kick and holding the ball and trying to break down their defense like a top side?

These are the little things that keep bugging me about the way the team is coached.

Suedesi

These are our results this season vs the same exact opponents the previous year. Currently at -4, losses against Bournemouth and Newcastle have absolutely killed us.

3 losses out 6 away, 2 draws, 1 win
3 wins out 6 at home, 2 draws, 1 loss

Very mediocre overall I'd say

Not changing my opinion, keep until the end of the season.

beer&grill

I'm not basing it on today. We are showing signs of improvement which is all you can ask for given Ole's lack of experience and having to deal with losing players like Lukaku, Alexis, and now Pogba. Win or lose today, things are gradually improving.
But Ole isn’t inexperienced, he is just bad. Inexperienced is someone like Lampard, Ole has been a manager for 10 years, he’s nowhere near a rookie.

RUCK4444

Coaching is a huge element to this. I’ve argued this relentlessly when Mourinho was in charge. Likewise under Van Gaal and Moyes. However, there reaches a point in which you need to take a look at the squad in its current predicament and be realistic. It isn’t remotely good enough.

We look like we’re about to go into seventh, provided we see Brighton off. Given we’ve played the majority of the season without Martial, Pogba and Shaw, who are three of our best players, seventh position is around about par for the course given we’ve been playing a midfield three of Fred, McTominay and Pereira.
I agree. Nobody seems interested in factoring in the poor squad and injuries.

We’ve lost our highest goalscorer in Lukaku, our second best midfielder in Herrera, on top of that we’ve had loads of injuries including our best player barely kicking a ball.

The squad is littered with bang average players, fecking teenagers and ZERO characters other than an emerging Mctominay.

NONE of the previous managers had it this hard since Fergie left. You can argue Ole is to blame for last summer but you would have to be a cretin to think so and not realise Ed fecked us over again with a poxy net spend when we require a huge rebuild.

ayushreddevil9

Honestly he ain't getting sacked before the end of the season so best to hope he gets the team back on track, he is backed in January etc etc..
Definitely not happening with st. Woody in charge

Rafaeldagold

Honestly he ain't getting sacked before the end of the season so best to hope he gets the team back on track, he is backed in January etc etc..
I’ll always hope we win, but we should still get a new manager. But we’re not proactive so will probably sack him next season after a 10th place finish or something & a poor start to new one

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Definitely not happening with st. Woody in charge
One can hope :( unlikely though. Pogba coming back from injury will be considered as a new signing as that's that

I’ll always hope we win, but we should still get a new manager. But we’re not proactive so will probably sack him next season after a 10th place finish or something & a poor start to new one
I know, I wish we'd have a better manager or better yet, that he was better himself.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think that also. One lucky counter where we fecked it up but scored and free kick. And that is it. But i said it before. We will win then and there and that will keep buying time to Ole.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Need to win the next 2 games and it starts to put a different complexion on things.

It’s certainly not as bad a picture as was being painted by our fans a few weeks ago, with those claiming Ole will get us relegated.

Rafaeldagold

Need to win the next 2 games and it starts to put a different complexion on things.

It’s certainly not as bad a picture as was being painted by our fans a few weeks ago, with those claiming Ole will get us relegated.
We’re still closer to relegation than top 4

vidic blood & sand

Sir Alex ferguoson was a shit manager in 89 (according to the logic of some here in this thread), but turned it around with a much much better team than what we currently have. Keep faith in Ole for at least till the end of the season.

waza7111

I'll only change my vote if we go on a long winning run whilst playing an effective style of football. This includes away games against teams that sit back. The next match against Sheffield United will be incredibly difficult.

Chairman Steve

Performances like today cannot be one offs. If OGS is going to succeed at this level, this has to happen regularly.

Manchester United is about having one-off bad performances, not one-off good performances, which has been the theme since he became permanent manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.