Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There was talk that he had taken Molde as far as he could and they’d be better off without him, which has been proved correct as they won the league.
Bit more complicated than that. Several Norwegian fans have posted in detail on here about Ole's Molde stints - I suggest you do a search and read up on it.

But, yeah, you're obviously right that we wouldn't have hired him if he hadn't been a United legend. And I personally tend to believe the decision to give him the job permanently was a typical Woodward move, i.e. reactionary and spur of the moment: it was a popular decision at the time (fans were giddy, Ole was portrayed in a very favourable light by the media, etc.). It went completely against what had been proposed (read: briefed) as the plan some months earlier: hire an interim, calmly assess the options, make a decision at the end of the season.

Chairman Steve

I voted immediate sack. I was contemplating end of the season then new manager but after seeing how Rashford was handled, I‘m not so forgiving anymore. No senior team signings in this window and we may as well axe him 1st February in my opinion. It wouldnt surprise me at this point if we gave Matic and Rojo to Inter Milan for firesale price and bought no-one in, in this next week.

Gopher Brown

Sacking him now and getting someone else in is like trying to build the plane while you’re already flying. Wait til the summer, have the new guy lined up, due diligence done, interview a load of candidates, pick the best one.

Randomly trying to change everything without thinking about it and having a plan is fecking us.

Roboc7

Ok. But it's not proof. They could have become better with him as well.

That's probably correct. Not a fact. Maybe he'd be managing Barcelona. Many things wouldn't have been if something else hadn't happened. You really think it's the only reason he got the job, why not someone else who played for us?
We’ve got worse and Molde have got better, don’t think there’s any chance he’d be managing Barca.
Bit more complicated than that. Several Norwegian fans have posted in detail on here about Ole's Molde stints - I suggest you do a search and read up on it.

But, yeah, you're obviously right that we wouldn't have hired him if he hadn't been a United legend. And I personally tend to believe the decision to give him the job permanently was a typical Woodward move, i.e. reactionary and spur of the moment: it was a popular decision at the time (fans were giddy, Ole was portrayed in a very favourable light by the media, etc.). It went completely against what had been proposed (read: briefed) as the plan some months earlier: hire an interim, calmly assess the options, make a decision at the end of the season.
Don’t need to do any research, work for Norwegian company and was told at time Molde would be better off. Didn’t give it much thought at the time but their now Norwegian champions.

It definitely was a reactionary decision and it solved a problem of incompetence, dread to think how their recruitment process was going, they probably didn’t know what else to do in all honesty.

Last edited:

Suv666

United have 34 points from 24 games, the lowest total to ever occupy 5th place in PL history. Let that sink in, any other season we would have been 7-10th. The club is rotten from top to bottom.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Don’t need to do any research, work for Norwegian company and was told at time Molde would be better off.
Okay, but like I said, people who followed his career in Norway closely have posted at length on here and paint a much more nuanced picture.

Foxbatt

Sacking him now and getting someone else in is like trying to build the plane while you’re already flying. Wait til the summer, have the new guy lined up, due diligence done, interview a load of candidates, pick the best one.

Randomly trying to change everything without thinking about it and having a plan is fecking us.
Keeping him is trying to get a single engine rated, pilot trying to land an Airbus A380 while a ATP holder A380 pilot is sitting as a passenger on the same aircraft. It is bound to crash. Better let the qualified pilot take over even if it is in midflight.

USREDEVIL

Give Ole the rest of the season. His last chance basically. If he manages to get 4th or win the Europa League, let's keep. But the reality is that he won't do either. I know people are saying he's got no experience being a DOF, but I think that could work. I say we either bring in Poch (plenty of EPL experience and ticks many boxes) or get an up and coming manager like Nagelsmann or Rose.

croadyman

Sky Sports?

I know people will mention the fact that similar votes of confidence were given to Moyes, LVG & Mourinho, however the big difference this time is Ole is seen as unsackable in the eyes of our board.

The other reason it won't happen is because Woody (Toy Story) doesn't want another sacking on his watch as it will expose his ineptness to everyone yet again.

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

I'm surprised that so many voted to let him finish the season then change manager?

Am I missing something here? We still can finish Top 4 or win EL to qualify for CL.

Why throw away a season like what Ed did in the summer before the season even started.

We need to change something NOW and we can still salvage our season. Or at the very least, give the new manager time to play/build for next season.

Overwhelming here (84%) already voted Ole is not the right manager to bring us forward and why wait until summer?

Last edited:

L1nk

It's shocking that we are closer to 14th than 4th and only 11 points off the drop zone, that means a bad run of games could be absolutely catastrophic and looking at our next 5 fixtures should have everyone worried right now

Amerifan

I'm surprised that so many voted to let him finish the season than change manager?

Am I missing something here? We still can finish Top 4 or win EL to qualify for CL.

Why throw away a season like what Ed did in the summer before the season even started.

We need to change something NOW and we can still salvage our season. Or at the very least, give the new manager time to play/build for next season.

Overwhelming here (84%) already voted Ole is not the right manager to bring us forward and why wait until summer?
Because Poch is available in the summer. With no new players this window, the season’s a loss regardless of who is at the helm.

Tony247

Reason I voted to keep Ole now and sack him in the summer because i want Nagelsmann as next manager. Nagelsmann is not going to join us now. The best time is to go all out for him in the summer.

VinnyRedDevil

Losing to Burnley was the last straw for me. The other crazy match was losing to Everton 4-0. I'm tired of watching his team play like idiots. He has become worse than Moyes but I understand it isn't entirely his fault he has a squad like this. Nonetheless, this squad is good enough to beat Burnley at home but failed.

Yakuza_devils

Because Poch is available in the summer. With no new players this window, the season’s a loss regardless of who is at the helm.
Poch is available now! Just pay whatever penalty clause and whatnot. Let him salvage the season or at the very least have more time to work on the squad.

We are not cash strapped club like Ed make us to believe.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Reason I voted to keep Ole now and sack him in the summer because i want Nagelsmann as next manager. Nagelsmann is not going to join us now. The best time is to go all out for him in the summer.
Keep talking dirty like that to me baby :drool:

fallengt

I'm surprised that so many voted to let him finish the season then change manager?

With Rashford's injury, season is a goner. No manager can turn this crap around. We might get lucky with FA cup but that's about it.

Another rushed decision from Woodward would feck us for many years to come.

matt10000

Keeping him is trying to get a single engine rated, pilot trying to land an Airbus A380 while a ATP holder A380 pilot is sitting as a passenger on the same aircraft. It is bound to crash. Better let the qualified pilot take over even if it is in midflight.
No it’s really not

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I know people will mention the fact that similar votes of confidence were given to Moyes, LVG & Mourinho, however the big difference this time is Ole is seen as unsackable in the eyes of our board.

The other reason it won't happen is because Woody (Toy Story) doesn't want another sacking on his watch as it will expose his ineptness to everyone yet again.
You don't know that.

AC1689

It just keeps on getting worse. You simply can’t deny the guy is totally deluded at this point.

Mainoldo

It just keeps on getting worse. You simply can’t deny the guy is totally deluded at this point.
He’s just not very charismatic... like his football. The sooner he’s gone the better. Just please no Southgate...

Danny_

The Albert Einstein of Economics
He needs this season and next season and then a decision can be made. Give him two more transfer windows at least. No need to go full spastic on it like what most of the fans do after every loss/draw

NJM78

I was finding it easy to still have love for him as an ex player but the longer he stays here as our manager and spews out nonsense as he racks up defeats...well I'm finding it hard to not dislike him more than I did Moyes now.

Despite our numerous other problems I will be very happy when he is gone. Which really is a sad state of affairs.

Alabaster Codify7

I think he's cracking to be honest. He looks awful nowadays, this job is too stressful for most managers, especially those severely under-qualified. The only manager we've had who sort of held his own and seemed okay with the size of it, was LVG - he remained stoic and relatively calm for 99% of the time.

His soundbites are becoming more confused and desperate by the game, too.

romufc

We can sack the manager but the same issues will arise. His job at the moment is really difficult.
It is becoming obvious that he wants players but is not getting the support from the board.

He is not someone who will throw someone under the bus, including his players. We have criticised Jose for doing so, now Ole is being criticised for not doing so.

We all know the issue is the board, so why do we need a manager to come out and say what we know is the truth?

We need to stick by Ole for the time being, as no manager will be able to do any better given the circumstances.

He is actually clearing and cleaning this squad, leaving it to be built by either him or a new manager.

Dr. StrangeHate

The poll is overwhelming now. I am sure Woodward will be doing his own polling as well to figure out how many season tickets are going to be renewed and what our broadcast ratings are. If the sentiment among the match going fans is anywhere close and our broadcast ratings are way down then Ole's end is near.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I really feel for the guy, he's had to work with one of the weakest squads we've had in years, lost his 'star' player for most of the season, had several other of his better players injured for spells (McTominay, Martial, Rashford). Has had no real recruitment (it looks like he had to sell players before recruiting new ones). He really is under pressure from the media, and some of the fans, so what can he do. I've seen this happen a few times now through the years, and we always come back by giving a manager time to build something, but unfortunately nowadays people want instant success, that is very difficult to achieve unless you throw £millions at it, which the current owners patently will not.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The poll is overwhelming now. I am sure Woodward will be doing his own polling as well to figure out how many season tickets are going to be renewed and what our broadcast ratings are. If the sentiment among the match going fans is anywhere close and our broadcast ratings are way down then Ole's end is near.
It will make zero difference if Ole is sacked or not. The glazers and woodward are the problem. Keep changing the manager that's the answer for some, especially those idiots on some of the YouTube sites. AWB and Fred are useless according to some on there, my god, what are these people watching? Do they get football?

red4ever 79

It will make zero difference if Ole is sacked or not. The glazers and woodward are the problem. Keep changing the manager that's the answer. Utter crap.
You are telling me we couldnt find a manager who could at least coach these players, and develop some form of identity. You do realize 40% of the goals we have conceded this season have come from set pieces. You dont think another manager would be able to install some defensive coordination at the back. I am not talking now about recruitment. We are stuffed with the glazers taking the money out of the club and not investing. We know that is happening. However purely on the playing side/tactical nous side, there is a lot of room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.