Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

It's not only the team but the club that needs rebuilding, why not have somebody already in situ with Manchester United DNA in their veins do it?
Manchester United DNA is a mytttthhhh, a MYYYTHHHHH, there is no "Manchester United DNA" we just happened to have a very successful manager. We aren't any more special than the next club ffs, stop perpetuating this romantic nostalgic nonsense, the Fergie era is GONE.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Manchester United DNA is a mytttthhhh, a MYYYTHHHHH, there is no "Manchester United DNA" we just happened to have a very successful manager. We aren't any more special than the next club ffs, stop perpetuating this romantic nostalgic nonsense, the Fergie era is GONE.
There was a Manchester United before Fergie you know.

Balljy

So hang on, we let Ole do a rebuild for someone more qualified? What the holy feck.
To be fair it feels like our purchases in the last year could be here for a long time unlike the previous 5 years where we have appeared to buy anybody no matter how well they fit into the team, how old they are, how good they are. I'd trust him for buying players more than anybody else since Ferguson.

Mr. Christian

My comments weren't halarious in September when I made them, and they aren't halarious now. You don't think a good manager can get more out of players do you not? Interesting. So what we see now is the best we're going to get with these players? Ole is getting the most possible put of them? He's the Right man for the job and it is down to them being crap? Man for man how do you rate us against Leicester? Truthfully
Bud, it’s time to be honest. This conversation has been thrown around since Mourinho first arrived, and even he said his greatest achievement ever was getting second with United! Why? Because the standard of the players is soooooo wide off the mark!
We have a significant number of players who wouldn’t make the Aston Villa first team. Can’t you see it? I honestly can’t believe United have persisted with a number of em for so long. And they keep giving them contracts! Half the the team needs replacing. That’s why I believe it is impossible to step up to where we should be. Ole’ ain’t doing a bad kid with the quality of players he has. We’re still in shout of a champions league spot (all be it no chance without a January signing) and the players he has brought in have mad a difference. But 3 isn’t enough! Should Utd have given him the fog on a permanent basis? That’s a different story, but now he is in, he needs to backed and needs another summer window at least.

fallengt

The comparison between Ole and Klopp is fecking embarrassing at this point.

Klopp finished 8th in his first "half season". Ending season with league cup final, Europa cup final with , Mignolet, Moreno, Can, Milner in the team was hardy a disaster. Ole got beaten by relegated Cardiff in the final day at Old Trafford in his "first season", how about that?

el3mel

To be fair it feels like our purchases in the last year could be here for a long time unlike the previous 5 years where we have appeared to buy anybody no matter how well they fit into the team, how old they are, how good they are. I'd trust him for buying players more than anybody else since Ferguson.
Maguire will be here long term only because no one in their mind will pay that much money we paid for him, but any upcoming manager who wants to play with high line and offensive football with bench him for good and asks for a more pacey defender.

Dr. StrangeHate

This poll gives me hope that our fans aren't the romantic idiots I thought they were. This nightmare reign seems to have an end in sight now. A few protests and the club will have to take action.

mu4c_20le

The comparison between Ole and Klopp is fecking embarrassing at this point.

Klopp finished 8th in his first "half season". Ending season with league cup final, Europa cup final with , Mignolet, Moreno, Can, Milner in the team was hardy a disaster. Ole got beaten by relegated Cardiff in the final day at Old Trafford in his "first season", how about that?
Brendan Rodgers finished 2nd with that team, how about that.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Think you'll find the DNA dates back to the time of Sir Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy in the 50's.

Merlin 1975-78

Pochettino is lightyears ahead of Ole.

If there's even a slight chance we could get him we should sack Ole tomorrow and give Pochettino this squad and see what he can do.

I'd predict if he was our manager tomorrow we'd finish top 4.
Sadly I fear that irregardless of who our Manager is, we are going to struggle whilstour parasite owners & their puppet , Woodward are ruining OUR Club & if the truth be told even, Sir Alex would have had to perform miracles to get some of this squard to perform on a regular basis!

Caesar2290

And Klopp finished 4th in his first full season with a net spent of 5m. How about that?

Yes and no. The only "United DNA" there was(emphasis on was), was winning.

Everything else was variable, even during Fergie's time. We played 442, 451, 433. We setup to counter, full on attack, contain, etc We changed our playstyle depending on our strengths and weaknesses.

Let's look at the 2006-2009 team as an example.

The 2006-2007 team was about the all out attack. One of the most exciting United side's I've seen in my life. But after we got knocked out of CL by Milan, the whole dynamic changed.

The 2007-2008 team was similar, but more cautious. We tried containing our stronger opponents. Evidenced by the game at the Bridge and Nou Camp.

The 2008-2009 team was built on an insanely solid defense. The amount of 1-0 wins was out of this world. I think VdS had a record for most minutes without conceding no just in the Prem, but Europe as well.

Now why have I highlighted these team?

To simply show that there was no specific United DNA in the sense that we played "a certain way". This was even the case during SAF's years.

But our team was built on the youth! I hear you say

Yes and no. Bar the class of 92, we never had a world class come out of the academy and stake a place in the first team. We had our Brown's, O'Shea's and Fletchers, but we never head a truly world class talent emerge from the academy.

Most of our key players were bought elsewhere: Cole, Yorke, Keane, Veron, RvN, Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio, Vidic, VdS, Evra, RvP, etc etc

To summarize: There is no United DNA in the way we played or recruited players. The only DNA we had was winning which was instilled by SAF. Everything else was depended on the circumstance: the way we played, the players we brought through and bought, etc.

Tony247

Poch is better than Ole, yes. But I want the club to go for Nagelsmann. I don't know instinct tells me NG can do far better in current situation we are in than Poch. If we can't get NG then Poch can be a good alternative.

But I don't want Poch to be our first choice and hence I don't want Ole to get sacked NOW and start the process of new manager recruitment in the middle of the season where getting NG would be impossible.

fallengt

How many goals Suarez scored that season? And How did Rodgers do without him? 6th ?
And are we going to pretend Mignolet and Can weren't laughing stock on here ?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Please change the last option to: "Keep Ole and back him to finish the club."

As if Glazers/Woodward not leaving anytime soon isn't bad enough. Now people want this blunt hammer in the hands of blacksmiths to carve out intricate jewelry.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Imagine we lose on Sunday to a League One side and follow it up with a loss and walkout vs. Wolves.

Ole and Woodward sacked?
A defeat to Tranmere, and being humiliated by City(talking 5-0, 6-0) in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night and Ole might be done for, or walk, but Ed Woodward is safe as houses, or at least for the foreseeable.

BlueHaze

He has turned Carrington into a rehabilitation centre for the handicapped. Pogba and Scott on crutches and Phelan probably rolling around Rashford in a wheelchair as we speak.

In all seriousness his handling of Rashford has pissed me off very much. Absolutely idiotic from Ole to throw him on against Wolves risking to aggravate the issue knowing he had carried around a lower back problem for over a month. Double stress fracture in lower back at age of 22..

Who the feck knows how long it will take for the lad to recover from that and who knows how it will affect his future. Piss poor handling of the best attacking player we had this season. He was starting to take a big leap upwards in his career and I could def see him ending the season at 20+ goals but Ole's incompetence and selfishness ruined that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Please change the last option to: "Keep Ole and back him to finish the club."

As if Glazers/Woodward not leaving anytime soon isn't bad enough. Now people want this blunt hammer in the hands of blacksmiths to carve out intricate jewelry.
Good analogy

ariveded

So Klopp is the new excuse by Ole. Klopp took 2-3 years to make a world class team, and now Ole wants the same time.

What a idiotic thing, comparing himself to Klopp. Ole has no prior experience...

Zahed

A defeat to Tranmere, and being humiliated by City(talking 5-0, 6-0) in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night and Ole might be done for, or walk, but Ed Woodward is safe as houses, or at least for the foreseeable.
Solskjaer has apparently said the following:

He insists he is not getting the sack.
I'm on track
He's going to tough it out
He has only had 1 proper transfer window
There is no quick fix
Even Klopp needed 2 to 3 years

He's going nowhere. Unfortunately.

L1nk

Think you'll find the DNA dates back to the time of Sir Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy in the 50's.
What is it then? What is it that Solskjaer has that a better manager can't do just because he played for us

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So Klopp is the new excuse by Ole. Klopp took 2-3 years to make a world class team, and now Ole wants the same time.

What a idiotic thing, comparing himself to Klopp. Ole has no prior experience...
Moyes says that Man Utd is a club that gives it's managers time.

You just have replace Ole's face with Moyes and everyone would be hounding him out of the club. I don't actually think he's the worst manager in the league like some do, but the point of hiring ole as an interim manager was so that we could get the next one right. We royally fecked that up..

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
It’s not rational when you’re close to 60 years old to hate but the owners, Ed and the worst United manager in my lifetime is from now on my list.

They all together in one way or another destroys one of my few passions in life. I though Moyes was my all time low but Ole dole ding dong has taken my disappointment level regarding this club to rock bottom.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Let’s just get in a modern, forward thinking, proven coach of football teams. Let’s just do that once before we throw the whole club in the fire.

Not Moyes, not dinosaurs, not ex-players.

Let’s just try a good coach first. And if he shows promising signs after already having proven he can coach a football team at other clubs, then let’s give him the chance, yeah?

jamesjimmybyrondean

We went from panic buying and buying with high wages under Van Gaal and Mourinho (which was a poor recruitment strategy) to not buying until its the perfect fit under Ole and no other alternatives (which is now coming to bite us in the ass).

We're paying the price of letting Ed Woodward and letting our coaches act as unqualified DoFs rather than just getting a bloody DOF to run our recruitment

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Let’s just get in a modern, forward thinking, proven coach of football teams. Let’s just do that once before we throw the whole club in the fire.

Not Moyes, not dinosaurs, not ex-players.

Let’s just try a good coach first. And if he shows promising signs after already having proven he can coach a football team at other clubs, then let’s give him the chance, yeah?
We already have one. Unless you are hoping for Jesus.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Modern? Forward thinking? You are bonkers, mate. The bloke does nothing but speak about the fecking past for god's sake! He is the complete antithesis of the modern football manager!
I thought he only spoke about the future!? :smirk:
Guess we differ very much in options then.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Your post is one of most embarrassing attempts at playing the smart arse I've seen in quite some time. I'd think twice before trying again.

Alabaster Codify7

You're right, I should have phrased it "references and leans on the past". He does talk about the future a lot, yeah. Means feck all, lad. I can sit in my living room telling people that in the near future I'm going to be living in Beverly Hills, does that make me a forward thinker or is it empty babble unless I actually start seeming like I am indeed moving to Beverly Hills?

He is full of shit. A blagger of the Moyes calibre.

LJJT

So much disrespect in this thread. Seriously, I’m as frustrated as any one but things need to be kept in perspective. This was thee hardest job in the world when Fergie and Gill left. 6 years on buying utter shite, renewing shite then having to clear it all out, rebuild it AND stay competitive is just unreal really. Ole is a very good man, doing a lot of good things, doing it the right way, the Man United way. Afford him the time the job deserves. Don’t forget what he’s done for this club regardless you want him as manager or not some of the disrespect in this forum is terrible.

LJJT

You're right, I should have phrased it "references and leans on the past". He does talk about the future a lot, yeah. Means feck all, lad. I can sit in my living room telling people that in the near future I'm going to be living in Beverly Hills, does that make me a forward thinker or is it empty babble unless I actually start seeming like I am indeed moving to Beverly Hills?

He is full of shit. A blagger of the Moyes calibre.
Some people speak with intent and belief. Some just talk shit. Only you know which one you are. We can all guess,

Mainoldo

So much disrespect in this thread. Seriously, I’m as frustrated as any one but things need to be kept in perspective. This was thee hardest job in the world when Fergie and Gill left. 6 years on buying utter shite, renewing shite then having to clear it all out, rebuild it AND stay competitive is just unreal really. Ole is a very good man, doing a lot of good things, doing it the right way, the Man United way. Afford him the time the job deserves. Don’t forget what he’s done for this club regardless you want him as manager or not some of the disrespect in this forum is terrible.
You his mom? What a load of rubbish! You sound like Ed Woodward. Take a bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.