Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So much disrespect in this thread. Seriously, I’m as frustrated as any one but things need to be kept in perspective. This was thee hardest job in the world when Fergie and Gill left. 6 years on buying utter shite, renewing shite then having to clear it all out, rebuild it AND stay competitive is just unreal really. Ole is a very good man, doing a lot of good things, doing it the right way, the Man United way. Afford him the time the job deserves. Don’t forget what he’s done for this club regardless you want him as manager or not some of the disrespect in this forum is terrible.
You talk about as much insipid drivel as he does.

elánius

This is actually not a serious question anymore. After 13 months he showed absolutly nothing. No system, no motivation, no preparation, no reaction at half time or from the bench, no mentality to be at the top.
He is sunday league manager and he should have been fired months ago, maybe after summer transfer window, when he kept just 5 players for 4 offensive positions and let go our only striker, our best defender and two central midfielders without replacements. Funny thing is that we still have chance to play champions league this season, but it has absolutly nothing to do with him or our "quality", it is only result of bad perfomances from our rivals from big6. Last year with 34 points after 24 games we would have been 8th, 14 points from top4. Our winrate in PL is 37% ffs, same as Southampton or Burnley!!!
We have worse defence than Crystal Palace and we spent 130 mil. pounds to make it better. We are actually pretending that McTominay is somehow good player and his injury cost us points. Last year we had 45 points after 24 games, so we are so much worse than we were last year even though it is "his team". It is ELEVEN POINTS, and it is also eleven points from relegation.

What is Ed actually doing right now and why?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Solskjaer has apparently said the following:

He insists he is not getting the sack.
I'm on track
He's going to tough it out
He has only had 1 proper transfer window
There is no quick fix
Even Klopp needed 2 to 3 years
Has Ole become a rapper now...? Cuz that's actually not bad...

Maybe the club could move him from manager to 'Official Utd Rapper'? He could come out and spit a few bars at halftime to drown out the murderous cries of 'Kill Woodward' within the crowd.

Mainoldo

I just live in the real world mate not a fantasy land
Could have fooled me. You actually think this Solskjær project is going to work. That’s as fantasy as it gets and if it does they really should make a movie..Belongs with Marvel superhero’s. The 99 tap in hero that came back to save United with zero credentials.

fergiesarmy1

Could have fooled me. You actually think this Solskjær project is going to work. That’s as fantasy as it gets and if it does they really should make a movie..Belongs with Marvel superhero’s. The 99 tap in hero that came back to save United with zero credentials.
Tap in?

fergiesarmy1

Thats what it was, he was just standing still and flicked his leg, its not as though he dribbled two defenders and scored volley
A tap in was what Haaland scored in his hat trick last week, just because you don’t like him as a manager let’s not start calling his goals crap too.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
You're right, I should have phrased it "references and leans on the past". He does talk about the future a lot, yeah. Means feck all, lad. I can sit in my living room telling people that in the near future I'm going to be living in Beverly Hills, does that make me a forward thinker or is it empty babble unless I actually start seeming like I am indeed moving to Beverly Hills?

He is full of shit. A blagger of the Moyes calibre.
I don’t understand your analogy. You are moving to Beverly Hills?
I don’t believe he is full of shit. I think he is doing a good job with a shit hand. Like I’ve said before. I thought we will end up 8th in the league, and that was with Martial, Pogba, Rashford and Scott playing most of the season.
For all the opinions after the summer and our signings. I think this window has proved just how little Ole is involved in transfers. But then again, we have lots of fans who think this is a squad that should be doing better. Different opinions I guess.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ole on Van Gaal and Mourinho complaining about the club structure: "It’s a skill to look yourself in the mirror sometimes and not just blame others. Some of us do blame others, some of us think we’re better than others. I believe in the structure that’s been put in.” #mufc [MEN]

fergiesarmy1

It was a thunderbolt into the roof of the net;)
Many would have missed it, just check tiquinho tonight for Porto, even easier chance from the same range on the deck and hit the crossbar, to control the volley like Ole did in a European cup final with an hysterical crowd and one of the best goalkeepers in the world at that time in front of him? Calling it a tap in is insulting.

Mainoldo

Many would have missed it, just check tiquinho tonight for Porto, even easier chance from the same range on the deck and hit the crossbar, to control the volley like Ole did in a European cup final with an hysterical crowd and one of the best goalkeepers in the world at that time in front of him? Calling it a tap in is insulting.
Ole Gunner Solskjaer greatness Manchester United striker of all time... sorry got carried away..

Top 5?
Top 10?

fergiesarmy1

Ole Gunner Solskjaer greatness Manchester United striker of all time... sorry got carried away..

Top 5?
Top 10?
Too late for me to start calculating that but definitely up there as one the best strikers to bring off the bench in our history.

dove

Finally updated poll. We can still get into top 4 if we sack him until the end of the winter break. If we decide to give up on the season I hope we have a good reason to do it such us having a pre contract with someone else to take over in summer. If our club truly believes in Ole, well, we are fecked for years to come.

el3mel

Ole on Van Gaal and Mourinho complaining about the club structure: "It’s a skill to look yourself in the mirror sometimes and not just blame others. Some of us do blame others, some of us think we’re better than others. I believe in the structure that’s been put in.” #mufc [MEN]
And people are still defending him by blaming Woodward for letting him down. :houllier:

The guy is a total yes man. Glazers and Woodward have finally got their dream manager.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Solskjaer has apparently said the following:

He insists he is not getting the sack.
I'm on track
He's going to tough it out
He has only had 1 proper transfer window
There is no quick fix
Even Klopp needed 2 to 3 years

He's going nowhere. Unfortunately.
Hope so, he's got to be given the chance to finish what he's started, or at least two more windows.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
What is it then? What is it that Solskjaer has that a better manager can't do just because he played for us
Dunno, guessing the DNA is a way of thinking, and the more players you have in your team with the correct DNA the more chance you've got of your team playing the United way, another non myth - and Ole has the advantage over other Managers currently because he knows what the fans want/demand of the team/players, whether he can match those expectations is another matter.

Aresma7

What about Lingard :lol: I cannot believe he chose him over Dalot or Gomes.
I agree make no mistake about that. But atleast Lingard has hit a decent form once or twice, and scored some screamers back then. What has pereira shown

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Finally updated poll. We can still get into top 4 if we sack him until the end of the winter break. If we decide to give up on the season I hope we have a good reason to do it such us having a pre contract with someone else to take over in summer. If our club truly believes in Ole, well, we are fecked for years to come.
How is it an updated poll when 70% of the votes are gone? Are we that desperate to get a sack momentum going?

M16Red

The poll is a bit biased?

Two leave Vs one keep.

Maybe add a "keep Ole and add a DOF"

Hambley

I never was for his sacking, but after these words I do wish him to be sacked. He's such an arrogant clown. I disliked his mantra at the beginning when he said some shit like "the previous managers had no srategy, bought shitty players to save their position, didn't know what needs to be done etc". And he keeps repeating it almost every press-conference. He really compares himself to those 2 great maganers with outstanding achievments in football. What a naughty bullshit from the one who is literally a zero as a manager without worthy tropheys. Telling nothing he's a Glazers puppet without a doubt. Indeed anything goes wrong at the club.

theklr

The poll is a bit biased?

Two leave Vs one keep.

Maybe add a "keep Ole and add a DOF"
I think it’s better than the last still.

There is a big difference between sacking a manager in the middle of the season than at the end.

That beeing said, what result he will get then will ofcourse influence how many that wants to sack him.

Web of Bissaka

Also..
"But they won’t sign a player without me accepting it. It’s down to me to say yes or no when the club finds a target."

:nervous: Hmm.. his trust in Ed and co is too much.

M16Red

I think it’s better than the last still.

There is a big difference between sacking a manager in the middle of the season than at the end.

That beeing said, what result he will get then will ofcourse influence how many that wants to sack him.
I voted Sack before the transfer window after that Watford game, but seeing Woodwards incompetence in the transfer market, I have little confidence in his hiring ability.

I actually feel sorry for Ole, as he has been stitched up like a kipper.

Yakuza_devils

Ole has no other option other than praise Ed. Look at his win percentage you will know why.

Ed and Ole incompetency is a match made in heaven. Ed need a yes man and Ole just won a lottery managing man utd.

dove

How is it an updated poll when 70% of the votes are gone? Are we that desperate to get a sack momentum going?
Last one was from september where many people still had illusions of Ole being the right man for the job and when in turned out he clearly isn’t, many people could’t be bothered to change the vote. It didn’t reflect the current situation.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That is some seriously fecked up logic @Class of 63, and considering your posting of late, that is saying something.

No mate, when Jose got himself fired by doing his usual acting like a baby when not fully backed for a single transfer window routine, I absolutely hoped the next manager in the Summer would be the likes of Poch and I was absolutely expecting top 4 this season at minimum. If 34 points from 24 games is better than you hoped, feck me, were you hoping for just avoiding a relegation fight cause we're only 4 points off Newcastle in 14th man :lol:

Or another way of putting it, were you hoping that by the 24th Jan the new manager if all went well would have just won as many Premier League games as Burnley or Southampton? Ole has won just 2 more games than Aston Villa in 16th for fecks sake.

Paul Ince was right though, he could've easily pulled this off with you lot and Ed lapping it up. Wake up and smell the coffee, guess what, it's not coffee, it's a warm dog turd sitting smoking in your mug.
What a post. Made me howl at some our fans' delusion when it comes to Ole. It's way worse than anything Liverpool fans had with Dalglish. Like Dalglish actually won a Premier League and was decent manager in his day. After that amazing 14 games or so, where everyone was rightly very optimistic, it's clear to see; -- Ole is fecking hopeless, I mean dreadful. I'm talking Paul Ince levels.

hobbers

People still talking about ‘the united way’ as if it’s a real phenomenon, and even if we pretend that is is real, that Ole is actually abiding by it...

So delusional.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
People still talking about ‘the united way’ as if it’s a real phenomenon, and even if we pretend that is is real, that Ole is actually abiding by it...

So delusional.
Ole is just spouting any old bullshit to try and take the pressure off.

If he believed in the “United way” then he would have developed a flexible tactical setup that gets both the best out of the players in the squad and provides good attacking football that doesn’t bore you to death.

His persistence with the 4231 formation when we don’t have a decent creative 10 is borderline negligent.

This is what happens when you appoint a manager that isn’t even good enough to manage in the division let alone at a European powerhouse.

We are the laughing stock of European football due to our persistence with Ole.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
For all the opinions after the summer and our signings. I think this window has proved just how little Ole is involved in transfers. But then again, we have lots of fans who think this is a squad that should be doing better. Different opinions I guess.
So the credit Ole was getting for Maguire, AWB, James earlier this season when all three were playing good?

Status
Not open for further replies.