Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

Moyes has been better than Ole in 2020 for West Ham even though he has taken them towards relegation and got knocked out of the cup.
That tells you all you need to know about Ole at the moment.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I always thought he was shit as a manager never wanted him permanent wasn't impressed by wins that got him the job thought it was a ridiculus decision to make him permanent, but now I have started to dislike him as a person after these interviews. He actually thinks a lot of himself as manager, so full of it, arrogant like he was won multiple major titles, he is a nobody as a manager but thinks he is just as good as Klop and talks as though he is one of the best managers around.
When he gets sacked and zero teams approach him maybe he will grow back down to earth.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
So the credit Ole was getting for Maguire, AWB, James earlier this season when all three were playing good?
Think you are a little confused there fella. We are talking about dealing with signings. Not how you think the players are preforming. But if you like to stick with stick on Ole for not getting the players in, go right ahead. Wouldn’t expect anything less from you :smirk:

Foxbatt

To me he is irrelevant now. He is not going to be sacked now and he is going to potter about. There will no new players coming in this window and we will for sure become a midtable table team and all the Ole in people would scream about Pogba and injuries and how thin our squad is and very conveniently ignoring the fact it was Ole himself who culled the squad.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Think you are a little confused there fella. We are talking about dealing with signings. Not how you think the players are preforming. But if you like to stick with stick on Ole for not getting the players in, go right ahead. Wouldn’t expect anything less from you :smirk:
Unless if you have multiple accounts I don’t know how you can know what the person I replied meant when his words were very clear and that’s all that we can go on.
I think this window has proved just how little Ole is involved in transfers.
If ole isn’t involved in signings then he doesn’t deserve the credit that he was getting for signing Maguire, AWB, and James... well the credit he was getting before two of their form turned to shite under his management

Alabaster Codify7

Deep down Ole probably knows he wouldn't get a job on a top tier team for a long time, if ever.

If Ed says jump, Ole has to say how high

Exactly. Dinner for Shmucks. He thinks he's an important figurehead of the club but theyre laughing at him behind closed doors because all he really is, is a friendly-faced human shield. I don't think he realises he's a fall-guy, or that he's being manipulated by them, but he is basically just telling the fans what they want him to tell us.

momo83

Massive Snowflake

Ole on Van Gaal and Mourinho complaining about the club structure: "It’s a skill to look yourself in the mirror sometimes and not just blame others. Some of us do blame others, some of us think we’re better than others. I believe in the structure that’s been put in.” #mufc [MEN]
Yet people will still blame the board for Ole being crap.

Abhinav

At this stage, Ole cant complain if he gets sacked because the results haven’t been good. However, a lot of the fans are in for a rude shock if they think getting Pochettino or any other flavour of the day manager is going to transform this team around instantly under this current regime. Fans are deluding themselves if they lay all the blame at Ole’s feet, and think changing the manager will be enough to propel us into a title challenging team next season.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Unless if you have multiple accounts I don’t know how you can know what the person I replied meant when his words were very clear and that’s all that we can go on.

If ole isn’t involved in signings then he doesn’t deserve the credit that he was getting for signing Maguire, AWB, and James... well the credit he was getting before two of their form turned to shite under his management
:lol: You alright mate? You responded to me..
Don’t know why I responded to you. I know I just get posts like this in return..

elánius

At this stage, Ole cant complain if he gets sacked because the results haven’t been good. However, a lot of the fans are in for a rude shock if they think getting Pochettino or any other flavour of the day manager is going to transform this team around instantly under this current regime. Fans are deluding themselves if they lay all the blame at Ole’s feet, and think changing the manager will be enough to propel us into a title challenging team next season.
I dont believe that anyone would expect Poch (or anyone else) to transform this time around instantly. But Olé made this team much worse it was last year and that is unacceptable. Squad is worse, our game is worse, our results are worse. We still dont have any system, we still doesnt have any face. It is just chaos gaming with random wins and random losses. He cant rotate, he is not a good motivator, he cant cahnge the game from the bench, he favours players Lindelof, Lingard or Pereira. What is he even doing with this team?

There are many things to blame in current United. We can blame Ed, we can blame judge, we can blame our scouts or our management in general, but we will never know how good we really are with, and I have to say that, amateour like Olé is. I would give him time but he needs to deserve it. He needs to show something more than nice smile and false promises. There is nothing to continue with, he didnt implement anything, he is not doing any rebuild. He destroyed his squad, he destroyed his best players when they played them through minor injuries and he is slowly destroying our reputation (if there is any left). He is our legend, Giggs is as well, Carrick as well, but that doesnt mean he is competent manager or ever will be, even though he is arrogant enough to compare himself with Klopp.

GBBQ

You could argue that a number of those who voted to keep him until the end of the season want that because they still have some hope he can turn it around, too.
Could be some people who think that way for sure. My thinking was that if Ole leaves now we'd most likely get an interim manager in and that would be Phelan or Carrick most likely. So sticking with Ole to the end of the season is the least risky.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Think a sub poll needs to be added with the third option
A. You are an opposition supporter
B. You are Norwegian or related to Ole.
C. If not A or C, why yu du this?
D. Eboue

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Thanks for the Math lesson there Einstein. Now go read my post again!
Math lesson was free in hope you’d take up my English classes.
“let Ole finish the season then replace him”

no arguing or debate about it they want him out.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Math lesson was free in hope you’d take up my English classes.
“let Ole finish the season then replace him”

no arguing or debate about it they want him out.
*The Math lesson

I don't think it's unrealistic to think that some of those posters still hope he'll turn it around before he has to go at the end of the season, do you? Otherwise what's the point?

I want him gone now but if we do give him until the end of the season, I'd still be delighted if he turned things around and we didn't have to sack him. I don't think he will, though.

Mr. Christian

Keep. James and Maguire were decent signings. Got rid of half the shite but unfortunately there's still more to do before some sort of consistency can be obtained.
Hallelujah!
A voice of sanity in the face of mass hysteria and quite frankly, a great many members on here whom have little understanding of footy, our great club, and have little respect for who OSG is.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Hallelujah!
A voice of sanity in the face of mass hysteria and quite frankly, a great many members on here whom have little understanding of footy, our great club, and have little respect for who OSG is.
Can’t help but laugh at these type of posts.

Amerifan

Could be some people who think that way for sure. My thinking was that if Ole leaves now we'd most likely get an interim manager in and that would be Phelan or Carrick most likely. So sticking with Ole to the end of the season is the least risky.
Bingo.

mark_a

For those answering option 1, what will be different with the new coach that we won't be in the same place in 12 to 18 months? What else will change? How will changing direction again help? Surely part of our malaise is that we've had several changes of direction over the last few years when what we need is to commit to going in one direction?

Additionally, doesn't 3 (4 if you include Ole, option 1) failed appointments say more about those doing the appointing than the appointees? Like I said, the underlying issues won't change & we'll be here again in 18 months

Roboc7

For those answering option 1, what will be different with the new coach that we won't be in the same place in 12 to 18 months? What else will change? How will changing direction again help? Surely part of our malaise is that we've had several changes of direction over the last few years when what we need is to commit to going in one direction?

Additionally, doesn't 3 (4 if you include Ole, option 1) failed appointments say more about those doing the appointing than the appointees? Like I said, the underlying issues won't change & we'll be here again in 18 months
There’s every chance we still end up struggling, that’s most likely outcome whoever is in charge. It’s also pretty certain that an under qualified manager who is out of his depth and was only supposed to be a stop gap until we got a proper manager will fail u see these circumstances.

That’s what we have, at the end of the day anyone saying Ole shouldn’t be our manager is just being realistic. He shouldn’t have got the job, he shouldn’t be able to succeed, he’s have spent the rest of his career in Norway and would never have worked in the Premier League again. He’s the worst manager we’ve had in the Premier League and is getting less points than any of the others which isn’t a surprise.

Ole succeeding would be a shock, it wouldn’t make sense and anything other than failure is a fairy tale.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Hallelujah!
Check the meaning for insanity mate. It is exactly what Ole is doing.
I say exactly because of respect towards the club he needs to go!

momo83

Massive Snowflake

LVG bought us CL football. A notable improvement on Moyes. With time and The right players who knows maybe we might have seen his total football get implemented in a way that led to goals.

Mourinho bought us trophies and 2nd place. With time and his type of players who knows maybe we might have become competitive against Liverpool and City. But with a team of 28-32 year olds.

The difference between the above two and Ole is that they both got success... they both showed improvement in different ways. They both had a case for more time and money based not only on their history but also what they did at the club.

We might not agree with it. For example I think LVG deserved more time and money, but I don’t think Mourinho deserved more time and money. However, I can understand and see the logic that if Mourinho was allowed to buy and sell the players he wanted to we might have peaked for 1 or 2 seasons. But my argument was, what about when those 1-2 seasons are over? Back to square one, is it worth it? If he can’t be bothered to try and work with highly talented young players then feck him.

But regardless LVG and Mourinho were not failures.Compare them to Moyes, Solskjær, or pretty much any manager (even SAF first 3 years) and they were successful. It’s only because our expectations were so high but patience so low that we’ve bought into the narrative of them being failures.

The thing with Ole is that in 13 months he’s shown nothing. There is no logical footballing argument. The players he’s signed have regressed, baring AWB. We have no style of play. Rashford is on the trajectory that I expected but been badly managed, he hasn’t got consistency out of Martial. Fred is getting praised because before he was so crap but we’re only seeing a fraction of what’s in his locker. He’s actually a very good attacker.

In 13 months all Ole has shown is talk in the early days that he’s not back up, a naive approach to rebuilding that appeared to be more about appeasing fans by getting rid of Fellaini and Lukaku and not being able to replace them and promises of a tomorrow that his time has shown no reason to believe will ever arrive.

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
What a post. Made me howl at some our fans' delusion when it comes to Ole. It's way worse than anything Liverpool fans had with Dalglish. Like Dalglish actually won a Premier League and was decent manager in his day. After that amazing 14 games or so, where everyone was rightly very optimistic, it's clear to see; -- Ole is fecking hopeless, I mean dreadful. I'm talking Paul Ince levels.
If you're gonna have a go at me at least have the decency to do it direct. And then i'll put you right.

Rolaholic

60% in the out camp, seems a bit low tbh...

He's had a shocker of a month on par with that December from hell that sealed LvG's fate

red4ever 79

Considering his recent press conference I’m not convinced 20% are just opposition fans.
You may have a point. Either way none of know what Ed is going to do. Ole will be here until the end of the season I am certain. Whether we are talking to Poch or not, I dont know. One would hope that we are

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
After today's press conference, Solskjaer has laid the straw that broke the camel's back. He's lost my support, Ole Out..!!

Amerifan

After today's press conference, Solskjaer has laid the straw that broke the camel's back. He's lost my support, Ole Out..!!
Overreact much. Listen to it again. He mentioned Alexis as a big January signing and then was caught having to say something about him. Meaningless.

sugar_kane

Considering his recent press conference I’m not convinced 20% are just opposition fans.
Imagine wanting a manager gone because of press conferences

When did they even become a thing that anyone gave a shit about?

TrueRed79

"Sanchez will prove youse all wrong" I'll have whatever he's on after that. If he keeps that up he'll be part of the bonfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.