Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Fantasy cuckoo world. You are seeing a reboot! But it doesn’t take one transfer window.

As for demanding backing, we spent more than any other club in EPL in the summer. We also managed to cut loose some dead wood.

“More accomplished manager”!
You mean like LVG or Jose? They don’t come more accomplished.

You respect Ole but say let’s sack him? That isn’t respect mate, that’s naivety and most definitely not the Utd way.

Come on you Reds

A qualified manager like; LVG? Let’s go one better, maybe Jose?

Realistic? Working with mediocrity is no simple task given the responsibility involved. Half the team are bang average!

Surely you can see this? It doesn’t matter which manager you get in.

As for Ole getting the job in the first Place; That, my friend is an entirely different discussion. The fact is Ole is manager and should be given a chance.

In his defence, his signings look good, he has already had a significant effect on Rashford, he’s come out and said we need new signings, he’s provided opportunities for emerging talent, he’s stated United need to play in a certain way.....

What more do you realistically want from this season? The man would bleed for the club.

As for tactical nouse, I’m not sure you are aware of how many analysts and coaches are involved these days, not to mention 4 points from two games from possibly the 2 best teams around!

I see your monicker as using Bryan Robson’s name and number. I think therefore you should consider remembering who Ole is, what he’s done, give him a chance and show some respect to the guy, given that you have come out and written him off already.

Your Quote; “He shouldn’t be able to succeed” / “Anything other than failure is a fairytale”.

Mate.you need to be more positive.

Come on you Reds
Welcome to the forum, and good post, but I'm afraid you are wasting your time. Many others have given up and deserted this thread by now, and its the same 6 Ole-outs repeating things back to each other for 50 pages

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We are 4 points off 14th place in the league in the end of january.

Alabaster Codify7

Welcome to the forum, and good post, but I'm afraid you are wasting your time. Many others have given up and deserted this thread by now, and its the same 6 Ole-outs repeating things back to each other for 50 pages

You forgot to mention the same 6 Ole-Ins responding and repeating their own mantras for 50 pages, lad. Takes two to tango. You aren't the forum police no matter how much you might like to think you are, nor are you fighting the honourable fight for the club you love. You're posting on a forum like the rest of us.

dellboyy

Whether or not Ole is a good enough manager, right now is totally irrelevant. For me no manager will be able be successful until the squad and the recruitment process is up to scratch.

So at best a new manager would make no difference, or would paper over the cracks for a bit longer. At worst we'd get back to an unmotivated demoralised squad.

SAFMUTD

Should we bring in a manager with a proven track record..... LVG / Mourinho?
I agree we have tried with actual proven managers before and failed, we should just persist with Ole no matter what.

The same with Lingard, we should just hope he turns out good by some miracle, what other option there is? Buy new players? Like Di Maria and Depay?

SAFMUTD

Whether or not Ole is a good enough manager, right now is totally irrelevant. For me no manager will be able be successful until the squad and the recruitment process is up to scratch.

So at best a new manager would make no difference, or would paper over the cracks for a bit longer. At worst we'd get back to an unmotivated demoralised squad.
Highly disagree, it’s irrelevant if we are talking about winning major trophies I agree no manager in the world could achieve that with this squad, but we are discussing top 4 here and that’s not even that hard with the squad we’ve got. With a competent manager we should be nailed there, specially considering how poor the other teams have been this season.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You forgot to mention the same 6 Ole-Ins responding and repeating their own mantras for 50 pages, lad. Takes two to tango. You aren't the forum police no matter how much you might like to think you are, nor are you fighting the honourable fight for the club you love. You're posting on a forum like the rest of us.
Tough to be the forum policeman with my average post count, but I most certainly am fighting the honourable fight for the club I love - I'm keeping that one

dellboyy

Highly disagree, it’s irrelevant if we are talking about winning major trophies I agree no manager in the world could achieve that with this squad, but we are discussing top 4 here and that’s not even that hard with the squad we’ve got. With a competent manager we should be nailed there, specially considering how poor the other teams have been this season.
That's the debate i guess. Our first team is a top 4 team arguably, our squad most definitely isn't. In terms of top players capable of creating and/or finishing chances on a consistent basis, we have what, Rashford? Maybe Pogba. I'd find it very hard to think any manager could bring top 4 football with this squad having the injuries we've had this season.

We're moving the right way. We've ditched all the players we all said needed ditching. We haven't signed enough replacements. Not the managers doing. So we're left with a very very young inconsistent squad. That's the direction the club has chosen. We've tried quick fixes, it hasn't worked, so they're playing the slightly longer game.

SAFMUTD

That's the debate i guess. Our first team is a top 4 team arguably, our squad most definitely isn't. In terms of top players capable of creating and/or finishing chances on a consistent basis, we have what, Rashford? Maybe Pogba. I'd find it very hard to think any manager could bring top 4 football with this squad having the injuries we've had this season.

We're moving the right way. We've ditched all the players we all said needed ditching. We haven't signed enough replacements. Not the managers doing. So we're left with a very very young inconsistent squad. That's the direction the club has chosen. We've tried quick fixes, it hasn't worked, so they're playing the slightly longer game.
I agree with most of it, I will only add that many of the injuries are at least partly Ole’s fault, rushing back Pogba for a cup game, overplaying Rashford when anyone could see that he will get injured any minute. He’s doing the same with Maguire, we are also risking him.

The other point is that while I agree with the youngsters inconsistency is expected the game pattern should be clearly seen by now, we could execute it better or worst on different games, but we don’t execute it at all.

Thats why I don't think Ole is the man, when the system is there but certain key positions are obvious to be missing then you know its only a matter of time before it clicks, hate to bring it up but that’s what happened with City and Liverpool, in their first seasons you could see the pattern and as soon as they got some key players it all clicked.

With us I dont get that feeling, most of us can’t even agree with position is the most urgent to fill and with which kind of players to achieve god’s know what, I get the feeling we are undercoached and no matter how much time or players we give to Ole we won’t get better simply because he’s not a competent coach.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
If the Fernandes deal is finalized and he plays well and helps us come in 4th or a close 5th, will some of you Ole haters change your mind?

dellboyy

I agree with most of it, I will only add that many of the injuries are at least partly Ole’s fault, rushing back Pogba for a cup game, overplaying Rashford when anyone could see that he will get injured any minute. He’s doing the same with Maguire, we are also risking him.

The other point is that while I agree with the youngsters inconsistency is expected the game pattern should be clearly seen by now, we could execute it better or worst on different games, but we don’t execute it at all.

Thats why I don't think Ole is the man, when the system is there but certain key positions are obvious to be missing then you know its only a matter of time before it clicks, hate to bring it up but that’s what happened with City and Liverpool, in their first seasons you could see the pattern and as soon as they got some key players it all clicked.

With us I dont get that feeling, most of us can’t even agree with position is the most urgent to fill and with which kind of players to achieve god’s know what, I get the feeling we are undercoached and no matter how much time or players we give to Ole we won’t get better simply because he’s not a competent coach.
Yeah i do agree with most of what you've said too. Overplaying Rashford, and bringing back Pogba too soon were mistakes. I can see the pressure he was under though, and i guess we don't know what kind of advice there was from the doctors. But still, protect your top two players at all costs i'd say.

I actually don't think that Ole is the manager to bring us titles again. I can see all the faults you pointed out, and i agree. I do think though that he is the manager to do the dirty work we have to do at the moment. To clear out the rubbish, to rebuild with a young hungry squad. The direction our squad has taken in just in a year is the key for me, i think it has to be broken like this to be rebuilt. Let Ole rebuild for another year, and by then we'll hopefully have a much more complete squad, with depth. And then there'll be no excuses for him. He'll either be succeeding, or we'll replace him with someone who can do a job with a squad that is ready to go.

That's how i see it anyway. I really can't handle yet another manager coming in and changing everything yet again, just when we're in the middle of a process that is hopefully sorting the squad out.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
If the Fernandes deal is finalized and he plays well and helps us come in 4th or a close 5th, will some of you Ole haters change your mind?
There is a difference between being an Ole hater and simply believing there are better managers available to manage Man Utd. If Ole scrapes 4th or 5th with our worst point tally in 30 years, I don't see him as the most qualified to lead us back to where we need to be. Barcelona sacked Valverde despite back to back La liga's. We are the only club that is over sentimenal about our managers.

Robbie Boy

People that don't rate him as a manger - which is the overwhelming majority and also totally rational - hate him? What the actual feck.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
People that don't rate him as a manger - which is the overwhelming majority and also totally rational - hate him? What the actual feck.
Yeah I'm sure it's fair to say the United fans can't get enough of Ole, however it's just that they don't want him managing.

It's not about hating anyone so stop posting like a fecking turnip. Ole seems a lovely bloke and every United fan wants him to succeed, because that means success for us. Unfortunately it's about hard facts and a PL win rate of 37%.

Now that he's spent 214m euro in the 10 months since he took charge, I hope the following:

a) he proves me wrong and goes on a great run and proves he has a future here

or

b) after spending 214m euros you all stop the excuses if our form remains as shit as it has been so far.

Greck

You are still assuming people don't believe in Ole because of results alone. If league position was the only issue the vote for Ole out wouldn't be this high as being 5th isn't that bad actually

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don't believe he's the manager to really take us forward (hope I'm wrong) - that doesn't mean I hate him. I can think someone is out of their depth and operating at a level above their capabilities without hating them. I don't even hate my cheating, half-my-money-taking ex-wife, why should I hate the manager of a football club?

edgecutter

We won't finish in the top 4 unless ole creates some new tactics to counter the Burnley's, palaces and Southamptons of the league.

Too many keep coming back to the same argument that "we're still fifth" which is true, but what they fail to realise is that it's a false position. We're closer to 13th than 4th.

We also play some of the worst football I have seen in a long time. There is nothing worse than watching your team having absolutely no clue what they are doing out on a pitch and that falls on the managers shoulders, same as it fell on Jose's last year.

If Bruno arrives, ole has been backed with nearly 200 million, and he is struggling to keep ahead of Sheffield United. That says more about him and his backroom team than anything else.

TrustInOle

There is a difference between being an Ole hater and simply believing there are better managers available to manage Man Utd. If Ole scrapes 4th or 5th with our worst point tally in 30 years, I don't see him as the most qualified to lead us back to where we need to be. Barcelona sacked Valverde despite back to back La liga's. We are the only club that is over sentimenal about our managers.
Also worth noting this is questionably the worst squad we have gone into a season with in 30 years? Sir Alex pulled some blinding seasons with mediocrity, but not every manager has that quality. Quite easily the worst squad we have gone into a season for since the great man retired at least. Now I ain't saying Ole is a master tactician or even the right man for the job as I am currently in 2 minds myself, but I do not think anybody would have us in a much better position with the squad we have got and the injuries we have sustained.

el3mel

After spending close to 200m now talking about close 5th as some sort of achievement is ridiculous.

Zen86

We won't finish in the top 4 unless ole creates some new tactics to counter the Burnley's, palaces and Southamptons of the league.

Too many keep coming back to the same argument that "we're still fifth" which is true, but what they fail to realise is that it's a false position. We're closer to 13th than 4th.

We also play some of the worst football I have seen in a long time. There is nothing worse than watching your team having absolutely no clue what they are doing out on a pitch and that falls on the managers shoulders, same as it fell on Jose's last year.

If Bruno arrives, ole has been backed with nearly 200 million, and he is struggling to keep ahead of Sheffield United. That says more about him and his backroom team than anything else.
Some of the worst football you’ve seen? You must’ve missed Mourinho’s time here.

And there’s no such thing as a false position, 5th is 5th.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If for the rest of the season we were consistent in performances and results, and managed to get top four/win a trophy then you'd struggle to find any united fans wanted Ole out. People want him out because they don't believe we'll have a good end to the season, which based on what we've seen so far its not exactly a controversial prediction.

edgecutter

Also worth noting this is questionably the worst squad we have gone into a season with in 30 years? Sir Alex pulled some blinding seasons with mediocrity, but not every manager has that quality. Quite easily the worst squad we have gone into a season for since the great man retired at least. Now I ain't saying Ole is a master tactician or even the right man for the job as I am currently in 2 minds myself, but I do not think anybody would have us in a much better position with the squad we have got and the injuries we have sustained.
Many of the injuries are on the manager. He either got players back to early(pogba), played them into the ground (mctominay) or continued to play them when they already had an injury (rashford).

Greck

A new manager doesn't have to win with this squad, he can do so with whatever squad he builds. The state of the squad is influenced by the preferences of the manager

Robbie Boy

Yeah I'm sure it's fair to say the United fans can't get enough of Ole, however it's just that they don't want him managing.
I don't rate him whatsoever as a manager but when he goes, I'll still have really good memories of him as a player, just not as a manager.

The 'Ole haters' rhetoric is so childish and is merely a feeble attempt to shut out any differing views.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's not about hating anyone so stop posting like a fecking turnip. Ole seems a lovely bloke and every United fan wants him to succeed, because that means success for us. Unfortunately it's about hard facts and a PL win rate of 37%.

Now that he's spent 214m euro in the 10 months since he took charge, I hope the following:

a) he proves me wrong and goes on a great run and proves he has a future here

or

b) after spending 214m euros you all stop the excuses if our form remains as shit as it has been so far.
214m Euros is a completely meaningless number without context. It’s the going rate for 2 fully developed players, an emerging talent and a punt at a hopeful that he has been allowed to sign. A few years ago that number was 100m€ and a few years before that it was 60m€ At the same time he has also removed 6 established pro’s.

Andersonson

Sack him please. Do people that want him to stay actually think he's a good coach compared to let's say Pochettino or Allegri? Please please don't tell me Ole should be given time to show what he can do because he's had a thin squad this season. We can all judge him based on his past records whether he is good or not. And looking at it, he's a pretty average manager at best. We talk like Ole is Arteta or an upcoming manager. We say we're waiting for signings or players to come back from injury before you truly judge Ole when there is tons of evidence from his past that he can be judged by. If we decide to sign Benteke are we going to wait until we have a decent midfield to judge whether he can lead the line for us??

Just tell me why a coach who has proven to be an average one should be the one to carry out this rebuild. I need to know. It's not like his signings have been one great revelation. In case you are worried that we can't sign players like Maguire or AWB or Bruno if he goes they've all been obvious signings except James (who was recommended) that would have been targeted by any progressive modern manager. So why the feck do you want him to stay?

Based on his past records we know he's not good enough to manage us, his three signings although decent are very fecking obvious except James, he's cleared just two deadwood so far(Young and Darmian) . So there really isn't anything special he has done. The rebuild with the squad has hardly started so sack him while his input has been quite minimal and get in Pochettino or Ragnick who are good coaches and have proven to carry out a rebuild

You want Ragnick, who hasnt won anything in the last 9 years and what he won was a super cup. But he did great in Bundesliga 2 though.

And counting by your former post, you aint from Norway, so what do you know about Ole's time in Norway? Or do you only rate him by what he did in Cardiff?

What Ole did in Norway is just as good as what Rangick has done with RB, but I guess you dont know what Ole really did with Molde.

I'm perfectly clear its a bad league, but he still got them to compete with other european clubs, clubs that are far better than Molde. Or atleast was.

This appointment was about rebuilding a club that has been a sinking ship ever since SAF retired. We've spent a ton of money on nothing and a change was needed. Having a manager that is good with youth and want to bring culture back is the right step.

If he fails in the end, we will still be better off when he leaves than the other before him. Thats why I like him. Its about the future, not the present.

With all the money RB his job there isnt really that impressive, and there's nothing to suggests he's a better coach or manager than Ole.

In Ole's time here he has actually developed players. Even Fred looks like he might have a future here. Not sure Poch og Ragnick could make that.

To say its out of his depth is also a weird way of saying LVG, Moyes and Mou are worse than him. Because after SAF left our average position is 6th. And Ole is 5th as we speak with a lesser squad.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
You want Ragnick, who hasnt won anything in the last 9 years and what he won was a super cup. But he did great in Bundesliga 2 though.

And counting by your former post, you aint from Norway, so what do you know about Ole's time in Norway? Or do you only rate him by what he did in Cardiff?

What Ole did in Norway is just as good as what Rangick has done with RB, but I guess you dont know what Ole really did with Molde.

I'm perfectly clear its a bad league, but he still got them to compete with other european clubs, clubs that are far better than Molde. Or atleast was.

This appointment was about rebuilding a club that has been a sinking ship ever since SAF retired. We've spent a ton of money on nothing and a change was needed. Having a manager that is good with youth and want to bring culture back is the right step.

If he fails in the end, we will still be better off when he leaves than the other before him. Thats why I like him. Its about the future, not the present.

With all the money RB his job there isnt really that impressive, and there's nothing to suggests he's a better coach or manager than Ole.

In Ole's time here he has actually developed players. Even Fred looks like he might have a future here. Not sure Poch og Ragnick could make that.

To say its out of his depth is also a weird way of saying LVG, Moyes and Mou are worse than him. Because after SAF left our average position is 6th. And Ole is 5th as we speak with a lesser squad.
People are becoming hipsters and find it cool to name complete unknowns to manage us. Tbh it's ridiculous.

214m Euros is a completely meaningless number without context. It’s the going rate for 2 fully developed players, an emerging talent and a punt at a hopeful that he has been allowed to sign. A few years ago that number was 100m€ and a few years before that it was 60m€ At the same time he has also removed 6 established pro’s.
214m in 10 months is never meaningless at all. It's miles more than anyone else has spent in that time.

edgecutter

Some of the worst football you’ve seen? You must’ve missed Mourinho’s time here.

Come the end of Jose's rein we were awful and he had to go. However, you can hardly say that ole has improved anything.

el3mel

Why are you saying it as some sort of achievement when we had finished 2nd two years ago ? This is embarrassing.

dove

Oh just stop with this BS :lol: Every single manager we had post SAF was backed by the board, including Ole. We are constantly one of the top spenders in the world football, it baffles me seeing people spouting BS that our managers are not being backed. Our managers fail not because of that but because they are either clueless or past their best. Simple.

Zen86

Come the end of Jose's rein we were awful and he had to go. However, you can hardly say that ole has improved anything.
The football is far more entertaining than what Mourinho offered up, so I would say that yes he has improved things. Mourinho also had better players, on paper anyway.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
€100m doesn't even buy a Richarlison but people want to talk like we should be challenging for the league. Villa spent €160m in the summer, without losing players like Lukaku and Herrera.

jamesjimmybyrondean

€100m doesn't even buy a Richarlison but people want to talk like we should be challenging for the league. Villa spent €160m in the summer, without losing players like Lukaku and Herrera.
It could get you Ziyech(25m release clause in the summer) and Bruno though or we can just spend it all on Maguire. And why? Why on earth would anybody think a club that came 6th the previous season should be challenging for the league.

dove

Find me one person who thinks we should be challenging for the league or just admit you are spouting some BS.

b82REZ

The football is far more entertaining than what Mourinho offered up, so I would say that yes he has improved things. Mourinho also had better players, on paper anyway.
Yet many applaud Ole for "getting rid of the deadwood".

If you acknowledge we had a better squad last season why persist with a manager that has weakened it as well as not showing any improvement in results or performances?

The narrative that no other manager would do better is simply not true. Yes we've been hampered by injuries but so much of that falls on Solksjaer's decison to gut the squad. But every squad deal with injuries and the manager has to plan for them. Nothing we have seen this season suggest a man with plan, rather someone who is out of their depth and often appears very naive.

At this stage I think Solksjaer's position is safe until the end of the season. But unless by some miracle he gets us CL football he has to go. That has been the minimum expectation for all our post Fergie managers and the same has to apply here.

passing-wind

I assume if we had won the first 3 games you would have seen that as conclusive evidence that we would win every game?
The record of our opening three games I used as an analogy to disregard the thesis of injuries having some form of detrimental influence to our season.

Whatever your talking about above is to your own understanding and has absolutely nothing to do with what I mentioned.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The record of our opening three games I used as an analogy to disregard the thesis of injuries having some form of detrimental influence to our reason.

Whatever your talking about above is to your own understanding and has absolutely nothing to do with what I mentioned.
So if Pogba scores the penalty against Wolves and we win 2 from 3 your opinion on injuries affecting our season would be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.