Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

So if Pogba scores the penalty against Wolves and we win 2 from 3 your opinion on injuries affecting our season would be different?
I've noticed how people that want Ole to stay tend to make hypothetical statements. So many ifs when it comes to Ole. Ole in makes hypothetical statements to show why he should stay. If Rashford didn't injure, if he was backed by the board, if Martial played well, if we had a creative midfielder, if Lindelof jumped higher, if if if if if if. Meanwhile Ole out brings facts to show why he should go.

kopviolator

Come the end of Jose's rein we were awful and he had to go. However, you can hardly say that ole has improved anything.
I think it's safe to say that the squad inherited was in some ways poisoned. The club has started pulling out the weed but it is some work. In that way he has undertaken a very ungrateful job. The only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the small scale transfer activity in the summer. But I don't think that's his fault.

dove

Yet many applaud Ole for "getting rid of the deadwood".

If you acknowledge we had a better squad last season why persist with a manager that has weakened it as well as not showing any improvement in results or performances?

The narrative that no other manager would do better is simply not true. Yes we've been hampered by injuries but so much of that falls on Solksjaer's decison to gut the squad. But every squad deal with injuries and the manager has to plan for them. Nothing we have seen this season suggest a man with plan, rather someone who is out of their depth and often appears very naive.

At this stage I think Solksjaer's position is safe until the end of the season. But unless by some miracle he gets us CL football he has to go. That has been the minimum expectation for all our post Fergie managers and the same has to apply here.
Exactly :lol: Some of the logic from Ole's supporters is baffling. Jose had a better squad, Ole got rid of deadwood and we ended up with far worse squad :lol: But Ole deserves credit. How does this make any sense? Any Ole fanboy can explain please?

passing-wind

So if Pogba scores the penalty against Wolves and we win 2 from 3 your opinion on injuries affecting our season would be different?
We lost points with a fully fit squad what's so sophisticated about interpreting that ? When I hear posters using excuses for Ole saying "this or that players missing hence our bad results" the evidence of our seasons start nullifies the arguments that we perform consistently with a fit team.

What pogba did or didn't do is hypothetical propoganda that has absolutely bearing to the circumstances of the this team underperforming regardless of who's available. I look at the table and our points as a summation of Solskjaer's capabilities as a manager. We started inconsistently, we will likely finish with inconsistencies. That is my opinion.

€100m doesn't even buy a Richarlison but people want to talk like we should be challenging for the league. Villa spent €160m in the summer, without losing players like Lukaku and Herrera.
First off, no-one talks like that.

Second off, Villa bought 13 players for that money man.

Third off, yes, €100m does buy a Richarlison. It buy a shit tonne of players, sometimes even 2 or 3. This Summer:

Hazard £88.5m, Pepe £72m, De Ligt £68m, Hernandez £68m, De Jong £65m, Rodri £63m, Jovic £58m, Cancelo £60m, Ndombele £55m, Fernandes £45m, Tielemans £40, Lozano £34, Manolas £32,

If could've got you Ziyech and a host of other players.

Yes the market has changed and yes it's much more expensive, but getting rid of a striker you don't want and spending 214m euros in 10 months as permanent manager is still a shit load of money and if used widely can massively change your team.

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

There is a difference between being an Ole hater and simply believing there are better managers available to manage Man Utd. If Ole scrapes 4th or 5th with our worst point tally in 30 years, I don't see him as the most qualified to lead us back to where we need to be. Barcelona sacked Valverde despite back to back La liga's. We are the only club that is over sentimenal about our managers.
It's not about hating anyone so stop posting like a fecking turnip. Ole seems a lovely bloke and every United fan wants him to succeed, because that means success for us. Unfortunately it's about hard facts and a PL win rate of 37%.

Now that he's spent 214m euro in the 10 months since he took charge, I hope the following:

a) he proves me wrong and goes on a great run and proves he has a future here

or

b) after spending 214m euros you all stop the excuses if our form remains as shit as it has been so far.

Very well put, both. The very least we should expect from a competent manager now is either top 4 or narrowly missing out on that, but with vastly improved attacking football and general results.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Backers growing in numbers. Guess he'll at least see out the season and probably start the next too.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We lost points with a fully fit squad what's so sophisticated about interpreting that ? When I hear posters using excuses for Ole saying "this or that players missing hence our bad results" the evidence of our seasons start nullifies the arguments that we perform consistently with a fit team.

What pogba did or didn't do is hypothetical propoganda that has absolutely bearing to the circumstances of the this team underperforming regardless of who's available. I look at the table and our points as a summation of Solskjaer's capabilities as a manager. We started inconsistently, we will likely finish with inconsistencies. That is my opinion.
Because no one is saying we'd win every game with a fully fit squad which is what you are insinuating they are saying.

It's just common sense that we (or any other team) would have better results longer term with our best players fit. You obviously think otherwise.

Do you think we would be more likely to beat Wolves on Saturday if we had Pogba, Rashford and McTominay available, yes or no?

Leftback99

First off, no-one talks like that.

Second off, Villa bought 13 players for that money man.

Third off, yes, €100m does buy a Richarlison. It buy a shit tonne of players, sometimes even 2 or 3. This Summer:

Hazard £88.5m, Pepe £72m, De Ligt £68m, Hernandez £68m, De Jong £65m, Rodri £63m, Jovic £58m, Cancelo £60m, Ndombele £55m, Fernandes £45m, Tielemans £40, Lozano £34, Manolas £32,

If could've got you Ziyech and a host of other players.

Yes the market has changed and yes it's much more expensive, but getting rid of a striker you don't want and spending 214m euros in 10 months as permanent manager is still a shit load of money and if used widely can massively change your team.
Maybe it will. I won't be able to tell until i've actually seen the team he's planned for on the pitch a few times though.

Half of those big money signings you list have flopped so far.

passing-wind

Because no one is saying we'd win every game with a fully fit squad which is what you are insinuating they are saying.

It's just common sense that we (or any other team) would have better results longer term with our best players fit. You obviously think otherwise.

Do you think we would be more likely to beat Wolves on Saturday if we had Pogba, Rashford and McTominay available, yes or no?
It's not really common sense because the common opinion is that injuries have serverely hampered our season. I'm not really interested in having a debate regarding hypothesis to augment some type of logical reasoning, the FACTS are we are inconsistent irrespective of injuries or having players fit because that's what's manifested itself this season. We already dropped points to Wolves with all of Mctominay, Pogba and Rashford playing, if you want a yes or no answer the team has already provided it for you to digress.

Leftback99

It's not really common sense because the common opinion is that injuries have serverely hampered our season. I'm not really interested in having a debate regarding hypothesis to augment some type of logical reasoning, the FACTS are we are inconsistent irrespective of injuries or having players fit because that's what's manifested itself this season. We already dropped points to Wolves with all of Mctominay, Pogba and Rashford playing, if you want a yes or no answer the team has already provided it for you to digress.
Nice try. You know it doesn't answer my question though.

You are basically saying we'd have the same chance of winning if my Sunday league side turned out for us instead because having our better players on the pitch gives us no better chance.

AneRu

If he can get us 4th plus a Cup then maybe he can get next season. But if he can't get either of those two then we have to part ways and trust our rebuild to someone like Poch, Rose or Nagelsmann.

passing-wind

Nice try. You know it doesn't answer my question though.

You are basically saying we'd have the same chance of winning if my Sunday league side turned out for us instead because having our better players on the pitch gives us no better chance.
:lol: I don't know what world you live on but everything you've posted is contrary to imaginative hypothesis. Unfortunately I'm a realist so we cannot think mutually regarding the matter. My posts are aimed towards those using injuries as an excuse for our performances to excuse the responsibility of the manager.

Leftback99

:lol: I don't know what world you live on but everything you've posted is contrary to imaginative hypothesis. Unfortunately I'm a realist so we cannot think mutually regarding the matter. My posts are aimed towards those using injuries as an excuse for our performances to excuse the responsibility of the manager.
It's irrelevant who is manager, they are a valid excuse for any manager/any team. It's just a fact that having your best players available gives you more chance of winning football matches. You are trying to argue otherwise because you can't (won't) answer a simple question.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
We won't finish in the top 4 unless ole creates some new tactics to counter the Burnley's, palaces and Southamptons of the league.

Too many keep coming back to the same argument that "we're still fifth" which is true, but what they fail to realise is that it's a false position. We're closer to 13th than 4th.

We also play some of the worst football I have seen in a long time. There is nothing worse than watching your team having absolutely no clue what they are doing out on a pitch and that falls on the managers shoulders, same as it fell on Jose's last year.

If Bruno arrives, ole has been backed with nearly 200 million, and he is struggling to keep ahead of Sheffield United. That says more about him and his backroom team than anything else.
We played worse under LVG and some spells under Mourinho IMO.

L1nk

No matter how "well" he does in the rest of the season, why would you keep a manager when there are far better options waiting in the wings? Makes absolutely no sense to do that, at all

gerdm07

After spending close to 200m now talking about close 5th as some sort of achievement is ridiculous.
You do know we don't have a right to be top 4 each season because we are Manchester United. We do not have a squad to be top 3 and questionably top 4 team. This is a true fact and no manager would change that unless new players come in.

gerdm07

No matter how "well" he does in the rest of the season, why would you keep a manager when there are far better options waiting in the wings? Makes absolutely no sense to do that, at all
Hmmm, LVG and Mou were those better options and that did not work.

el3mel

You do know we don't have a right to be top 4 each season because we are Manchester United. We do not have a squad to be top 3 and questionably top 4 team. This is a true fact and no manager would change that unless new players come in.
I find absolutely no reason for us to no be ahead of Chelsea and Leicester.

gerdm07

People that don't rate him as a manger - which is the overwhelming majority and also totally rational - hate him? What the actual feck.
Okay, I used the wrong word.

If we finish 4th or a close 5th, Fernandes plays well, and the team shows improvement, will some of the Ole-out people change their mind?

Zen86

Yet many applaud Ole for "getting rid of the deadwood".

If you acknowledge we had a better squad last season why persist with a manager that has weakened it as well as not showing any improvement in results or performances?

The narrative that no other manager would do better is simply not true. Yes we've been hampered by injuries but so much of that falls on Solksjaer's decison to gut the squad. But every squad deal with injuries and the manager has to plan for them. Nothing we have seen this season suggest a man with plan, rather someone who is out of their depth and often appears very naive.

At this stage I think Solksjaer's position is safe until the end of the season. But unless by some miracle he gets us CL football he has to go. That has been the minimum expectation for all our post Fergie managers and the same has to apply here.
I said he had better players on paper, or more expensive ones anyway. All the players that have been moved on needed to be got rid of, they just haven’t been replaced. Losing Herrera was a blow, however.

And why isn’t there a plan? You wouldn’t know what a plan was if it hit you in the face in all honesty. And no, “what Klopp does” isn’t an answer.

gerdm07

I find absolutely no reason for us to no be ahead of Chelsea and Leicester.
Well then we just have to agree to disagree. I will say if we have everyone healthy and on form, then our squad should be 3rd. However, that's not how things work. Players get injured and they play lousy at times.

gerdm07

If he can get us 4th plus a Cup then maybe he can get next season. But if he can't get either of those two then we have to part ways and trust our rebuild to someone like Poch, Rose or Nagelsmann.
See this is the wrong thinking. If the team is improving, the style of play is pleasing to the eye, and we get good results, then you have to keep your manager IMO. Results are great but you also have to look at the big picture.

passing-wind

It's irrelevant who is manager, they are a valid excuse for any manager/any team. It's just a fact that having your best players available gives you more chance of winning football matches. You are trying to argue otherwise because you can't (won't) answer a simple question.
I've already provided an answer which you seem to not acknowledge from my original post, your argument is that we perform better with a fully fit squad, when we played Chelsea, Wolves and Palace the teams performances suggest otherwise. You asked if having Pogba, Mctominay and Rashford available would affluence a result in our performance against Wolves despite us already dropping points at Molineux with all three available. Every question you have asked Manchester United have already answered, the fact your so apart from reality and live in a phase of infinite possibilities is beyond comprehension.

Would Ronaldo have stayed if we beat Barcelona in the UCL final ? Would the club be better off if SAF never recommended hiring Moyes, If the Glazers family didn't exist who would own the club at present ? This highlights the credence of your level of interaction. If you have anything that is a derivative of facts then I've got no problems indulging in a basic conversation. The facts are we are inconsistent with injuries and inconsistent without injuries. That's all I'm interested in. Not pointless subjective debacles.

Last edited:

b82REZ

I said he had better players on paper, or more expensive ones anyway. All the players that have been moved on needed to be got rid of, they just haven’t been replaced. Losing Herrera was a blow, however.

And why isn’t there a plan? You wouldn’t know what a plan was if it hit you in the face in all honesty. And no, “what Klopp does” isn’t an answer.
Well seeing as I'm having such issue seeing such a clear and defined plan, please do enlighten me to what I'm missing.

If there was a plan there would be signs by now for all to see. Solskjaer has been here for over a year now yet we are worse in every measurable way since last season. By now any manager worth his salt would have a discernable style or at least making the most of the players at his disposal. Neither of these things can been said of Ole.

Leftback99

I've already provided an answer which you seem to not acknowledge from my original post, your argument is that we perform better with a fully fit squad, when we played Chelsea, Wolves and Palace the teams performances suggest otherwise. You asked if having Pogba, Mctominay and Rashford available would affluence a result in our performance against Wolves despite us already dropping points at Molineux with all three available. Every question you have asked Manchester United have already answered, the fact your so apart from reality and live in a phase of infinite possibilities is beyond comprehension.

Would Ronaldo have stayed if we beat Barcelona in the UCL final ? Would the club be better off if SAF never hired Moyes, If the Glazers family didn't exist who would own the club at present. This highlights the credence of your level of interaction. If you have anything that is a derivative of facts then I've got no problems indulging in a basic conversation.
Still no answer to this simple question in my post, i'll repeat:

"Do you think we would be more likely to beat Wolves on Saturday if we had Pogba, Rashford and McTominay available, yes or no?"

The reality i live in is where everyone reading this knows the answer you are purposely avoiding giving.

passing-wind

Still no answer to this simple question in my post, i'll repeat:

"Do you think we would be more likely to beat Wolves on Saturday if we had Pogba, Rashford and McTominay available, yes or no?"

The reality i live in is where everyone reading this knows the answer you are purposely avoiding giving.
The facts are we already dropped points at Molineux this season with Mctominay, Pogba and Rashford available. The answer is that we are inconsistent with injuries and inconsistent without them. For you, no fault lies with the manager because our results are permissable due to circumstances. Most of the games we've lost since Solskjaer's been appointed we have had the superior team. The summation of these facts provides your answer.

Leftback99

The facts are we already dropped points at Molineux this season with Mctominay, Pogba and Rashford available. The answer is that we are inconsistent with injuries and inconsistent without them. For you, no fault lies with the manager because our results are permissable due to circumstances. Most of the games we've lost since Solskjaer's been appointed we have had the superior team. The summation of these facts provides your answer.
:lol: I'll just take it as a yes. I'm done.

edgecutter

How can anyone say that we are improving? That was dire and what was worse, we had no game plan to try and break down city. Ole is learning alright, learning from Sean Dyche.

RooneyLegend

How can anyone say that we are improving? That was dire and what was worse, we had no game plan to try and break down city. Ole is learning alright, learning from Sean Dyche.
Exactly, we're playing small team football. Hope for a counter or a set piece. Notice I said hope for a counter, not construct one.

Zen86

Well seeing as I'm having such issue seeing such a clear and defined plan, please do enlighten me to what I'm missing.

If there was a plan there would be signs by now for all to see. Solskjaer has been here for over a year now yet we are worse in every measurable way since last season. By now any manager worth his salt would have a discernable style or at least making the most of the players at his disposal. Neither of these things can been said of Ole.
There are threads on here that clearly articulate our tactics and plan. I’m sure you’ve seen them, but yeah, feel free to carry on ignoring them.

No playing style :lol:. Such a cliche, meaningless statement. We play fast, direct, counter attacking football. Quite obviously. Again, I’m sure you know this already. You might not like it. It’s not tiki taka, 99% possession football, but that’s what we play. That’s our “style”.

As for making the most of the squad, what do you expect? He isn’t going to turn Perreira into Messi, Lingard into de Bruyne now is he? Many of our players have actually improved; Rashford, Martial, McT. Williams has been great, Fred is unrecognisable. And yet the squad is paper thin, a consequence of buying so much gash over the years. That’s not to mention the glaring weaknesses in the first team either.

No doubt this falls on deaf ears. You’ll just copy and paste the same drivel as you have been, post after post, thread after thread. Lucky for me I won’t have to see it anymore.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Also worth noting this is questionably the worst squad we have gone into a season with in 30 years? Sir Alex pulled some blinding seasons with mediocrity, but not every manager has that quality. Quite easily the worst squad we have gone into a season for since the great man retired at least. Now I ain't saying Ole is a master tactician or even the right man for the job as I am currently in 2 minds myself, but I do not think anybody would have us in a much better position with the squad we have got and the injuries we have sustained.
I agree that our squad is poor now, but when Ole took over we finished 2nd in the league and runners up in the fa cup final 6 months prior. The argument was that our players were not that bad but poorly coached. I agree that we've been unlucky with injuries but all of us said we were screwed this season when we shipped out midfielders and forwards without bringing anyone in.

And 80 mil for Harry Maguire is comedy. Leicester didn't even replace him and are doing even better than they were before.

Greenwood-Martial-Lingard VS Mahrez-Aguero-Sterling
Fred-Matic-Williams VS De Bruyne- Gundogan- Silva

Maybe, just maybe it's not a lack of a plan, but a lack of quality players. We even won with a team far, far inferior to our opponent. But Solskjaer is the idiot. Like always.

thesheriffjw

Anyone see Ole mouth to a forward,”do it again and youre fcking off!!” ?

My money on Martial

Status
Not open for further replies.