Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

There are only 2 managers in world football that I believe are absolute certainties to improve our team
:lol: What sort of puerile logic is that. Nothing is certain. Getting in Klopp or Pep wouldnt even guarentee success ffs. It's about doing the things most likely to improve our situation.

And as we can all see, keeping Ole is not going to improve our situation. Most managers in the world world would be an improvement on him. Most well known young up and coming managers in Europe would be a huge improvement.

Enigma_87

You know who
No i don’t. We don’t have many options, and even Juventus who has many of them even play Ronaldo more minutes. Are you saying a 21 year old can’t do the same?

Yes, he played through some pain. Most players in the world do.
Yes, because all players play in the same way, tax their body in the same way and are prone to injuries in the same mold.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Yes, because all players play in the same way, tax their body in the same way and are prone to injuries in the same mold.
I agree with what you are saying about players are prone to different injuries etc. That is something you only learn by experience though, and I can’t remember Rashford having a history of it. Like that doctor said, his stress fracture would probably happen anyway, as it is something that has been developing since young age. Now he has that injury and the experience that comes with it. He also said it is an injury that is almost impossible to detect before it happens. Back pain is the most common thing for most people, and most people work through the pain. Usually it is nothing serious.

Regarding movement and how they use their body I think Rashford and Ronaldo is very much alike. Only one is 21 and the other is 34. And the 34 year old has more minutes.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I don’t think he was overplayed at all. I actually went through a lot of teams a while back, and Rashford does not stand out playing more than others.

Enigma_87

You know who
I agree with what you are saying about players are prone to different injuries etc. That is something you only learn by experience though, and I can’t remember Rashford having a history of it. Like that doctor said, his stress fracture would probably happen anyway, as it is something that has been developing since young age. Now he has that injury and the experience that comes with it. He also said it is an injury that is almost impossible to detect before it happens. Back pain is the most common thing for most people, and most people work through the pain. Usually it is nothing serious.

Regarding movement and how they use their body I think Rashford and Ronaldo is very much alike. Only one is 21 and the other is 34. And the 34 year old has more minutes.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I don’t think he was overplayed at all. I actually went through a lot of teams a while back, and Rashford does not stand out playing more than others.
1. Rashford has a history of it - this is the reason why he was wearing a belt.
2. Rashford was known to be struggling with both back and leg injury for weeks
3. He was also struggling the very day before the game and that was reported by various sources.
4. Despite having yet another knock in the game, he wasn't substituted right away but again returned to the pitch until he reached the point of no return.
5. Our injury list has exploded since Ole took over. We have never ever had so many injuries in the course of 12 months.
6. Ole is known to rush players into games after recovering from injuries..

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
He wouldn't do any worse of a job in coaching attacking football than our current crop of coaches so I'd take a punt on him to be honest. He might open his mouth a few times on the bench as well, bonus.
Not sure "get to the friggin pitch of the ball and negate the spin you muppets" coming from the touchline would help greatly.

Roboc7

:lol: What sort of puerile logic is that. Nothing is certain. Getting in Klopp or Pep wouldnt even guarentee success ffs. It's about doing the things most likely to improve our situation.

And as we can all see, keeping Ole is not going to improve our situation. Most managers in the world world would be an improvement on him. Most well known young up and coming managers in Europe would be a huge improvement.
It’s a really odd logic, we’ve dropped 40 points out of a possible 75 and people don’t think anyone can do better.

Ole was plodding along in Norway as a manager and probably would have struggled to get a job in the Championship. It’s not really a shock it’s all been too much for him this season.

As you say finding a better manage than Ole is easy, it’s not a high bar.

90 + 5min

Not one person is asking for us to be title contenders in 1 second. That's ridiculous.
It usually takes about 6 months for a manager's system to bear fruit and demonstrate progress.
Jose came in and got us 2 trophies in his first season and 2nd place in his 2nd.
Brendan Rogers had LCFC in top 3, in less than a year.
Klopp had LFC in 2 finals, in his first season.
I believe Everton are unbeaten since Ancelotti came in (2-3 months ago).
Basically, a top class manager can steer a club in the right direction within 6 months.
Ole has been here for over a year and we are regressing. We bought Bruno to help our attack and in his first and only game, he was playing as a CDM. That to me, is poor management.
A top manager CAN steer the club. But it is not a law. Lot of managers fail. I would say that lot of "Big" manager fail more then they succeed.

Ok, let's say Poch takes over in summer. Is it a fair that if he has same squad and same injuries and don't come 4th next year that he should be sacked? No matter how and what we are doing? Or is it that he should be given time?

I say that managers need time. One year is not enough looking at where we are as a club. And where we were when Solskjaer took over. If Pochettino or someother guy came in the summer he would get my full backing and I would say that changes need time. And the feeling is that Ole out people would just turn to Pochettino out people while I would still be writing about changes need time.

Class of 63

Sourness
We are in 7th place (or is it 8th now?) and have had our worst start to an EPL season ever!
We are on course to finish with our lowest league points total in several decades.
He took over a team which finished in 2nd place.
Are you seriously trying to argue the case for Ole?

Anybody in their right mind can't possibly think that he is doing even an average job.
We finished 2nd because Mourinho put all his focus on the League that season and considered the Cup competitions an inconvenience, and his team selection and comments post-match after every elimination back that up.

Ole took over a demoralised squad with their fitness levels not acceptable for a Premier League side nevermind a team who wanted to challenge at the top with less chance of finishing T4 than we currently do.

All things considered he's done an okay job, nothing to write home about, but then some of us weren't expecting much more so soon, and can see past results.

L1nk

A top manager CAN steer the club. But it is not a law. Lot of managers fail. I would say that lot of "Big" manager fail more then they succeed.

Ok, let's say Poch takes over in summer. Is it a fair that if he has same squad and same injuries and don't come 4th next year that he should be sacked? No matter how and what we are doing? Or is it that he should be given time?

I say that managers need time. One year is not enough looking at where we are as a club. And where we were when Solskjaer took over. If Pochettino or someother guy came in the summer he would get my full backing and I would say that changes need time. And the feeling is that Ole out people would just turn to Pochettino out people while I would still be writing about changes need time.
You aren't getting what he is saying at all, I think what most people who want a better manager are saying is, we don't CARE if we finish outside the top 4 for a bit as long as we see some progress on the pitch WORTHY or giving more time to, that's certainly my feeling. I don't care for yours or anyones excuses about the state of the squad or the injuries, even with those injuries we have a better squad than Sheffield pissing United who only just came up from the Championship, and yet they are not only above us in the table, but playing far better football than us too. That's what I want to see, i want to see evidence on the pitch that we are implementing some kind of system, some kind of actual thought to the way we play, but in all the time Ole has been here there hasn't been a single shred of evidence to suggest any of this is happening, that's why he says we are regressing.

Klopp didn't see results at first but you saw the way they were on the pitch within months, you see it with Rodgers too and many others, so why is it Ole needs 3 seasons and all the transfer windows to implement what he wants to implement? It's bullshit and its nonsense.

Of course managers need time, but everybody on the Ole in camp seem's to think Ole should be given time because he scored in the CL final for us in 99, not because he's actually earned it on the pretense of being an actual good manager, that's what EVERY manager at EVERY club in world football does, they EARN their time at the club, nobody expects success immediately, if you get it great, if you don't, well it doesn't matter, so long as you see stuff happening for future success, and no I don't mean mythical creatures like "culture" and "United DNA"

Please tell me what exciting things we do on the pitch that you think Ole is the man to take us forward, and please don't say oh well oh well, injuries, uh deadwood, uh, i've already said above the likes of Sheffield and Everton has worse squads than us yet they are above us and play better football, so please, explain to the class.

Popcorn

Is the plan to finish outside the Europa places so we don’t need as big squad and can get rid of more deadwood?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Is the plan to finish outside the Europa places so we don’t need as big squad and can get rid of more deadwood?
This is almost certainly a good idea. I mean, we're in 8th, and that's obviously nothing to do with the manager, so we can't have got rid of enough deadwood. There's more in there that's rotten. Let's get rid of Martial, Mata, De Gea, Shaw and Lindelof next time. Their non Utd DNA is poisoning us, get rid!!

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Shaw is young, hungry and british. But it's not the kind of hunger we're after...

Rolaholic

This is almost certainly a good idea. I mean, we're in 8th, and that's obviously nothing to do with the manager, so we can't have got rid of enough deadwood. There's more in there that's rotten. Let's get rid of Martial, Mata, De Gea, Shaw and Lindelof next time. Their non Utd DNA is poisoning us, get rid!!
Not sure if serious...

All those names could be solid contributors to a winning squad under a new regime IMO. That said, I wouldn't mind giving Dean Henderson a chance either but Dave has earned the right to go out on his own terms.

He's been in poor form at certain points this season but you could say the same about literally anyone on the roster at the moment and it would ring true. Doesn't mean they're poisoned chalices destined to fail forever. A proper manager with experience and a proven track record of developing and improving players would go a long way and unfortunately Ole has never proven to be that so far in his managerial career

bonothom

I reckon the sack votes going down again. I think Ole is getting more and more support the less the team actually plays. Shame its not a months rest, it would probably be down to 25%. I think this time next week it will be back up to 60% after United sink 9 points behind 4th place.

90 + 5min

You aren't getting what he is saying at all, I think what most people who want a better manager are saying is, we don't CARE if we finish outside the top 4 for a bit as long as we see some progress on the pitch WORTHY or giving more time to, that's certainly my feeling. I don't care for yours or anyones excuses about the state of the squad or the injuries, even with those injuries we have a better squad than Sheffield pissing United who only just came up from the Championship, and yet they are not only above us in the table, but playing far better football than us too. That's what I want to see, i want to see evidence on the pitch that we are implementing some kind of system, some kind of actual thought to the way we play, but in all the time Ole has been here there hasn't been a single shred of evidence to suggest any of this is happening, that's why he says we are regressing.

Klopp didn't see results at first but you saw the way they were on the pitch within months, you see it with Rodgers too and many others, so why is it Ole needs 3 seasons and all the transfer windows to implement what he wants to implement? It's bullshit and its nonsense.

Of course managers need time, but everybody on the Ole in camp seem's to think Ole should be given time because he scored in the CL final for us in 99, not because he's actually earned it on the pretense of being an actual good manager, that's what EVERY manager at EVERY club in world football does, they EARN their time at the club, nobody expects success immediately, if you get it great, if you don't, well it doesn't matter, so long as you see stuff happening for future success, and no I don't mean mythical creatures like "culture" and "United DNA"

Please tell me what exciting things we do on the pitch that you think Ole is the man to take us forward, and please don't say oh well oh well, injuries, uh deadwood, uh, i've already said above the likes of Sheffield and Everton has worse squads than us yet they are above us and play better football, so please, explain to the class.
I've seen only ONE poster mentioning 99'. You are trying to make it like there is lot of them. So try to stop with fake news.

To be better on the pitch you need better and healthier players. Playing with average players gives you average results and despite having average players Solskjaer has got out most of them beating teams like City, Tottenham, Chelsea, Leicester and so on. Sure, we have lost games against sides we should won. But as season started I think all of us understood it would go up and down with results. You can't seriously think we would play fluid fast attacking football having Lingard, Pereira and Mata and some others with other manager. No offence to those guys (I really like Mata) but they are not good enough. Neither are at least 50% of our squad.

People want Solskajer out because they don't have patience, don't understand that every process take time and that we are living in Football Manager era where reality and fantasy are hard to divide from eachother.

As I said, the same people (not all) that want Solskjaer out would say exaclty the same thing if another manager came in the summer and couldn't produce any silverwere next summer.

wolvored

Couldnt have put it better myself. when we are losing and the players look for inspiration, do they see a manager or assistant on the touchline shouting encouragement, bollocking or making tactical switches? No they see them all huddled together sitting back like they are watching it on tv at home. What other manager in the premier does this?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Not sure if serious...

All those names could be solid contributors to a winning squad under a new regime IMO. That said, I wouldn't mind giving Dean Henderson a chance either but Dave has earned the right to go out on his own terms.

He's been in poor form at certain points this season but you could say the same about literally anyone on the roster at the moment and it would ring true. Doesn't mean they're poisoned chalices destined to fail forever. A proper manager with experience and a proven track record of developing and improving players would go a long way and unfortunately Ole has never proven to be that so far in his managerial career
Tongue firmly in cheek there.:)

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
To be honest I'm sick of the entitled bullshit and lack of patience and sense of entitlement from many United supporters.

I grew up when United were struggling. We won the odd FA cup but Liverpool dominated and won everything. Arsenal won, feck even Everton beat us to win a trophy.

Then came Fergie.

And we lost. Lots.

United were shit. They struggled often and Fergie was systematically ridding the club of many players, including some fan favourites whilst buying players and promoting youth from the academy.

The press said he was one game away from the sack.

But! He was given TIME!

Also, he knew what the club and its history was about. He understood the style of play required, the attitude and respect. He understood the United Way. So much so after winning and creating history he then ripped up a multi trophy winning squad and created a new one built around youngsters from the academy. That squad then went on to create their own history before Fergie again replaced them when he felt their time was up.

In the middle of this, and part of the most successful sides in Manchester United history, a young striker because integral in the squad. He lived and breathed United and even though he was often only used as a sub and he could easily have been a first team striker elsewhere, he stayed loyal and scored one of the most important goals in United's history. He lived and breathed United and he was adored.

That man was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

He's now the manager of Manchester United and he's being treated disgracefully by many of our so called fans.

Yes he's made mistakes. Yes we have lost games we should have won. Yes performances have been poor. But they were for years under Fergie before he got it right.

Instead of focusing on the negatives, we should be heralding Ole for many reasons.

1. He has got rid of nearly every single player that the fans were wanting out. He's reduced the wage bill dramatically by doing so and if the CAF had a list of players they wanted out, Ole would have ticked every box except Phil Jones.

2. He has bought young, exciting and fast players that all fit the United mold. He's also bought a centre back that the fans wanted and that could easily go on to be a legend. Ole went for the defence and instantly bought a strong man in Harry and an exciting RB.

3. With the addition of James he's promoting counter attacking football with fast wingers and forwards and a firm defence. That is the United Way. He might not be getting it right but he's trying.

4. He's promoting youth. United are head and shoulders ahead in the youth players league. He's given time to so many youngsters from the academy and youth teams. He's played players fans were screaming at Mourinho to play such as Pereria.

5. His transfer targets have been spot on. There's a clear vision with his transfers. You can see what he's trying to do. There's no panic buys or luxuries like Fred and Matic. No wasted windows and money like Jose with His quest for an overpriced past it 30 year old winger in Perisic for £50+ million. He's also not playing FIFA and just going out and buying big names and reputations for big money hoping they will fit (LvG, Moyes, Jose)

I DO NOT LIKE SOME OF OUR RESULTS NOR OUR CURRENT POSITION. However, I do like so much more. I love that Ole has got rid of the majority of dead wood and is buying and promoting youth. I love his passion and enthusiasm and at least with him I can see he loves and lives and breathes United. He's also on the right track with the right ideas, ethos, players and targets that fit United.

I would much rather Ole than another Jose buying his old players and playing his style of football just to win trophies with no respect, understanding or care of the club and its history and with no vision for the future.

In short. Like Fergie had, give Ole time and support and see the bigger picture he is building. Because if he gets it right, United will be dominating once again and for a very long time. More importantly, they will be doing it in the United way!

Fooza

I've seen only ONE poster mentioning 99'. You are trying to make it like there is lot of them. So try to stop with fake news.

To be better on the pitch you need better and healthier players. Playing with average players gives you average results and despite having average players Solskjaer has got out most of them beating teams like City, Tottenham, Chelsea, Leicester and so on. Sure, we have lost games against sides we should won. But as season started I think all of us understood it would go up and down with results. You can't seriously think we would play fluid fast attacking football having Lingard, Pereira and Mata and some others with other manager. No offence to those guys (I really like Mata) but they are not good enough. Neither are at least 50% of our squad.

People want Solskajer out because they don't have patience, don't understand that every process take time and that we are living in Football Manager era where reality and fantasy are hard to divide from eachother.

As I said, the same people (not all) that want Solskjaer out would say exaclty the same thing if another manager came in the summer and couldn't produce any silverwere next summer.
Just to let you know, it has nothing to do with patience, football manager, players his got to work with etc

I can only speak about myself, and I'll make this simple:

I wasn't happy with ole getting the permanent manager role so early on just because he got a run of wins, which personally, in my opinion was mostly from the bounce of Mourinho gone and him giving them freedom which at the time made them play with more confidence, rather than his tactical nous and expertise.

After that appointment, and till the end of the season, he had a bad run of results and did terrible. I kinda figured my worse prediction is coming true, that he isn't a top manager.

Ever since then I thought he wasnt right and we made the decision far too early.

This season so far makes me think of nothing more but that my opinion right at the start was right.

Ole needs to prove to me he's got what it takes, not for me to have patience on a guy who solely got the job cause his an ex utd legend as a player and apparently gets the club. Because from day one I always thought the club made a rash decision and he hasn't showed anything prior to justify offering him a managerial role at the biggest club, historically and commercially.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
To be honest I'm sick of the entitled bullshit and lack of patience and sense of entitlement from many United supporters.

I grew up when United were struggling. We won the odd FA cup but Liverpool dominated and won everything. Arsenal won, feck even Everton beat us to win a trophy.

Then came Fergie.

And we lost. Lots.

United were shit. They struggled often and Fergie was systematically ridding the club of many players, including some fan favourites whilst buying players and promoting youth from the academy.

But! He was given TIME!

Also, he knew what the club and its history was about. He understood the style of play required, the attitude and respect. He understood the United Way. So much so after winning and creating history he then ripped up a multi trophy winning squad and created a new one built around youngsters from the academy. That squad then went on to create their own history before Fergie again replaced them when he felt their time was up.

In the middle of this, and part of the most successful sides in Manchester United history, a young striker because integral in the squad. He lived and breathed United and even though he was often only used as a sub and he could easily have been a first team striker elsewhere, he stayed loyal and scored one of the most important goals in United's history. He lived and breathed United and he was adored.

He's now the manager of Manchester United and he's being treated disgracefully by many of our so called fans.

Yes he's made mistakes. Yes we have lost games we should have won. Yes performances have been poor. But they were for years under Fergie before he got it right.

Instead of focusing on the negatives, we should be heralding Ole for many reasons.

1. He has got rid of nearly every single player that the fans were wanting out. He's reduced the wage bill dramatically by doing so and if the CAF had a list of players they wanted out, Ole would have ticked every box except Phil Jones.

2. He has bought young, exciting and fast players that all fit the United mold. He's also bought a centre back that the fans wanted and that could easily go on to be a legend. Ole went for the defence and instantly bought a strong man in Harry and an exciting RB.

3. With the addition of James he's promoting counter attacking football with fast wingers and forwards and a firm defence. That is the United Way. He might not be getting it right but he's trying.

4. He's promoting youth. United are head and shoulders ahead in the youth players league. He's given time to so many youngsters from the academy and youth teams. He's played players fans were screaming at Mourinho to play such as Pereria.

5. His transfer targets have been spot on. There's a clear vision with his transfers. You can see what he's trying to do. There's no panic buys or luxuries like Fred and Matic. No wasted windows and money like Jose with His quest for an overpriced past it 30 year old winger in Perisic for £50+ million. He's also not playing FIFA and just going out and buying big names and reputations for big money hoping they will fit (LvG, Moyes, Jose)

I DO NOT LIKE SOME OF OUR RESULTS NOR OUR CURRENT POSITION. However, I do like so much more. I love that Ole has got rid of the majority of dead wood and is buying and promoting youth. I love his passion and enthusiasm and at least with him I can see he loves and lives and breathes United. He's also on the right track with the right ideas, ethos, players and targets that fit United.

I would much rather Ole than another Jose buying his old players and playing his style of football just to win trophies with no respect, understanding or care of the club and its history and with no vision for the future.

In short. Like Fergie had, give Ole time and support and see the bigger picture he is building. Because if he gets it right, United will be dominating once again and for a very long time. More importantly, they will be doing it in the United way!
That’s all very nice, but this is the modern day, cut throat, money addled premier league and not the plot line of a heartwarming hovis advert.

I think it’s by the by now anyway as looks like Pochettino’s no really or less nailed on. Which is brilliant news. Ole’s good with the youth players though. There’s a litany of posts in this thread and others about why he’s not comparable to fergie, but it’ll be irrelevant shortly.

el3mel

Then came Fergie.

And we lost. Lots.

But! He was given TIME!

Oh look, the comparison with Fergie's early days. I have missed those. It has been Klopp every day these last few weeks. Time for Fergie comparisons to make a comeback.

Eddy_JukeZ

Then came Fergie.

And we lost. Lots.

But! He was given TIME!

Why is that a positive? Pereira is nowhere near good enough.

I can't believe you're peddling the 'SAF was given time and he failed early on too'

Guess what? SAF had incredible success prior to joining us.

Did Ole? No he didn't. His biggest task before United was the Cardiff job and he utterly failed that.

You don't need 'x' amount of time for improvements.

Rodgers like many other managers has completely killed that myth.

Eddy_JukeZ

It is absolutely laughable that the major defense for Ole is through the success of other managers.

I mean that's just ludicrous when you think about it. I hope some of you are half-trolling.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We finished 2nd because Mourinho put all his focus on the League that season and considered the Cup competitions an inconvenience, and his team selection and comments post-match after every elimination back that up.
We reached League Cup QF, and FA Cup Final that season. It wasn't an 'inconvenience' for him, he clearly wanted to pick up some silverware which was evident by strong teams he put out in those cup competitions. So, you got any more lies to tell us?

It is absolutely laughable that the major defense for Ole is through the success of other managers.

I mean that's just ludicrous when you think about it. I hope some of you are half-trolling.
Because there is very little to defend from the job he's done at Utd so far.

L1nk

You've just completely ignored of my post to come out with that nonsense, that nonsense being, we apparently need better players, healthier players and non average players, he needs time, we have no patience etc,

So I'll ask again, do Sheffield United, Leicester, and Everton have better squads than us? Bearing in mind they are all above us in the league and at least Sheffield and Leicester play vastly better football than us

Well? My guess is you'll completely ignore this because you know you have no retort to it. I said I have no doubt everyone is willing to be patient, provided there's actual pissing progress on the pitch, of which there isn't.

bonothom

Then came Fergie.

And we lost. Lots.

But! He was given TIME!
You can not recreate the past. Football was different then and what worked then does not mean its going to work now. I also don't know why you are comparing Ferguson to our current manager. Ferguson when he first came to United had an excellent managerial record in Scotland. He broke the Celtic and Rangers dominance by winning the League with Aberdeen and won the Cup Winners Cup. His managerial record afforded him time. Ole on the other hand has absolutely no credentials to back him up that he is the man to do the same. Hes done nothing that comes close to what Fergie achieved before becoming United manager. Managing Molde and failing miserably at Cardiff are not credentials that suggest United will ever get back to seriously competing again under his stewardship. Its funny that when Chelsea and City were both took over that neither club looked at a dominant United and thought giving their then failing managers more time will eventually bring success. If they did then Chelsea wouldn't have sacked Ranieri and City wouldn't have sacked Hughes, pretty much as soon as the clubs were taken over.

langster

Scout
That’s all very nice, but this is the modern day, cut throat, money addled premier league and not the plot line of a heartwarming hovis advert.

I think it’s by the by now anyway as looks like Pochettino’s no really or less nailed on. Which is brilliant news. Ole’s good with the youth players though. There’s a litany of posts in this thread and others about why he’s not comparable to fergie, but it’ll be irrelevant shortly.
Oh look, the comparison with Fergie's early days. I have missed those. It has been Klopp every day these last few weeks. Time for Fergie comparisons to make a comeback.
Why is that a positive? Pereira is nowhere near good enough.

I can't believe you're peddling the 'SAF was given time and he failed early on too'

Guess what? SAF had incredible success prior to joining us.

Did Ole? No he didn't. His biggest task before United was the Cardiff job and he utterly failed that.

You don't need 'x' amount of time for improvements.

Rodgers like many other managers has completely killed that myth.

Well done for proving my point.

You all ignore the majority of my post to pick what you disagree with.

Yes Sir Alex was more experienced and successful, but so what?

Ole is ticking every single box except winning.BUT, he's got a clear vision and thankfully it appears the board and owners can see that.

You're all screaming out for Pach the same as you were screaming our for Jose. The same as you were screaming for Moyes to be sacked.

You all want instant success. None of you understand or appreciate the club the way Ole does. He gets it. He lives and breathes it. Klopp didn't win shit at Liverpool for nearly 2 years.

You're saying that this is a different age of football, and I agree. It's sad. It's full of Impatient wanabees who expect and demand success instantly and if they don't get it they slag the manager and club. If they don't get the transfer they want they slag the manager and club and even riot outside and vandelize the house of our Chief executive. THEY ARE NOT UNITED FANS!

Manchester United does not have the divine right to win. We do however continue to promote important values such as playing and promoting yourh.

There is more to life than winning, That said, winning is important, but if you can't see what Ole is trying to do, and you a want a quick fix (That hasn't worked with Moyes, LvG and Jose) and you want to entrust it all with someone who has won feck all, and has no idea of United's history, hasn't played for them, given his blood, sweat and tears and played under the most successful manager of all time.

Yeah. Go Poch..

Wioooo

You're not fans

You're glory hunters.

el3mel

Ole is ticking every single box except winning.BUT, he's got a clear vision and thankfully it appears the board and owners can see that.

You're all screaming out for Pach the same as you were screaming our for Jose. The same as you were screaming for Moyes to be sacked.

You all want instant success. None of you understand or appreciate the club the way Ole does. He gets it. He lives and breathes it. Klopp didn't win shit at Liverpool for nearly 2 years.

You're saying that this is a different age of football, and I agree. It's sad. It's full of Impatient wanabees who expect and demand success instantly and if they don't get it they slag the manager and club. If they don't get the transfer they want they slag the manager and club and even riot outside and vandelize the house of our Chief executive. THEY ARE NOT UNITED FANS!

Manchester United does not have the divine right to win. We do however continue to promote important values such as playing and promoting yourh.

There is more to life than winning, That said, winning is important, but if you can't see what Ole is trying to do, and you a want a quick fix (That hasn't worked with Moyes, LvG and Jose) and you want to entrust it all with someone who has won feck all, and has no idea of United's history, hasn't played for them, given his blood, sweat and tears and played under the most successful manager of all time.

Yeah. Go Poch..

Wioooo

You're not fans

You're glory hunters.
He's not ticking any boxes though. Football is terrible, squad is worse and results are crap. Everything have regressed since his initial 3 months. Counter attacking isn't the United way everyone was screaming for under the previous managers and he has only used 2 youngsters regularly. Most of his signings have regressed badly as the season went on as well.

Your posts consist of a mix of pure romanticism and points that have all been replayed on multiple times here. Just the perfect example of what a Top Red post looks like. You couldn't resist throwing this glory hunter stuff at the end to make it complete.

Popcorn

Can’t speak for anyone but myself. I just want to see improvements in the quality of the football and entertainment (on the pitch). I want to see that We are improving and building. What I see is us going backwards.

I get the idea of giving time to a manager to implement their strategies. However, when exactly are we going to see Ole’s master plan come into action? Why do we have to wait for different players for him to start putting his master plan into action?,

Bojan11

Ole took over a demoralised squad with their fitness levels not acceptable for a Premier League side nevermind a team who wanted to challenge at the top with less chance of finishing T4 than we currently do.

All things considered he's done an okay job, nothing to write home about, but then some of us weren't expecting much more so soon, and can see past results.
You really do have a habit of making it up as you along.

We reached the FA cup finals that season. Champions league exit was down to Mourinhos tactics of parking the bus away to Sevilla. We played our strongest team. We played a pretty strong team vs Bristol City.

Mourinho has never looked at cup competitions as inconvenience. Otherwise he wouldn’t have the amount of trophies he has won.

USREDEVIL

Yeah. Go Poch..

Wioooo

You're not fans

You're glory hunters.
I admire the loyalty but just because the others want a different manager does not = glory hunter. If they were "glory hunters" they'd have moved on to supporting pool or city. They want United to win = they are United fans. Calm down.

L1nk

Yeah. Go Poch..

Wioooo

You're not fans

You're glory hunters.
Genuinely one of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen on this forum.

But it's about what I've come to expect because alot of people on here are so deep rooted in Top Redism that any differing opinion makes you not a real fan and a glory hunter

It's people like you that actually hold the club back, what genuinely goes through your mind that you think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a man that no top club in the entirety of world football would have ever gone near, suddenly becomes an absolute world class manager that's going to take United back to the top because he used to play for us

Newsflash, he doesn't "get United." What do I mean by that exactly? You're talking like Manchester United is some special special club and the reason for our failures over the last year's is because we just haven't had somebody that's gets the club, that has that "United DNA." No, we're a football club like ANY other football club in the world, we just happen to be very popular and have been lucky enough to have some world class managers and players at the club

All people like you do is put Manchester United on some mythical pedestal that makes it nauseating to support the club, all you talk about is culture and some kind of secret sauce to managing the club, like how dare someone from outside of our history even think about managing this club, they don't understand! They don't get the "way!" They didn't bleed for this club that means they'll be awful! Please please give my dear Ole more time, we aren't a sacking club, we're too good for that! Leave it to disgusting clubs like those Barcelona's and Real Madrid's, you glory hunting younglings will never know patience! Ugh!

All the stuff you mentioned doesn't make a good manager, you sound desperate and clingy to the past. Truly god awful stuff.

And as I've mentioned before, but nobody replies to it because when you start using actual facts and statistics and things you can physically see, any Ole in hides away like a shrinking violet and ignores the post. I can guarantee you nobody wants Ole out because he doesn't have us neck and neck with Liverpool, nobody expects that, what people WANT to see is some progress on the damn pitch, some progress as a damn team, some kind of plan, any manager can buy and sell players, stop talking to us about Injuries and Deadwood when Sheffield United from the damn Championship are sitting above us in the league with an ACTUAL style of football, kin hell, imagine that!? We've REGRESSED since he's started, what is you can't see exactly?

Please come back when you have more than just "but but rebuild" "Deadwood" "he gets the club" "some of us can see what's going on behind the scenes" "culture" "injuries" "but Klopp needed 2 years" "Fergie was almost sacked" "United DNA" "he needs time"

I urge you to address us with physical evidence to backup your arguments please instead of seeing myths, legends, ghosts, and goblins.

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
We reached League Cup QF, and FA Cup Final that season. It wasn't an 'inconvenience' for him, he clearly wanted to pick up some silverware which was evident by strong teams he put out in those cup competitions. So, you got any more lies to tell us?
We meekly surrendered in the League Cup(Bristol City)and Champions League(Sevilla) because at the time we were focusing on the League, and we only took the FA Cup seriously in April once 2nd was all but confirmed in the League at the expense of the team we beat in the semi-final(Tottenham).

So not lies, just telling it as it was.

langster

Scout
He's not ticking any boxes though. Football is terrible, squad is worse and results are crap. Everything have regressed since his initial 3 months. Counter attacking isn't the United way everyone was screaming for under the previous managers and he has only used 2 youngsters regularly. Most of his signings have regressed badly as the season went on as well.

Your posts consist of a mix of pure romanticism and points that have all been replayed on multiple times here. Just the perfect example of what a Top Red post looks like. You couldn't resist throwing this glory hunter stuff at the end to make it complete.
Are you being serious? Your post is just wrong and easily debunked.

Fergie and United prospered with a counter attacking side that reverted to full on attacking when it had the upper hand. United won multiple trophies with a counter attacking side.

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/every-premier-league-club-ranked-use-academy-players

United are far and away top when it comes to playing academy players. So that argument is moot too.

As for points madeultiple times, maybe because they are right? AWB has been a.decent signing, James has shown he is a top player and can go on to be a true star. He's a bargain too. Harry was overpriced no doubt but we needed a CB and fans were screaming for one and I'm confident he will come good.

So have a go at his signings then. Compared to Fred. Matic. Falcao, Di Maria. Sanchez. Fellaini.

Nothing to do with being a Top Red, more being realistic and understanding the club and seeing what the current manager is trying to achieve rather than just throwing money at top players and hoping for the best or expecting success just because we are Manchester United.

mu4c_20le

I admire the loyalty but just because the others want a different manager does not = glory hunter. If they were "glory hunters" they'd have moved on to supporting pool or city. They want United to win = they are United fans. Calm down.
Glory hunter might be a bit much but definitely entitled, and spoiled... toys immediately out of the pram when things aren't going well

Class of 63

Sourness
You really do have a habit of making it up as you along.

We reached the FA cup finals that season. Champions league exit was down to Mourinhos tactics of parking the bus away to Sevilla. We played our strongest team. We played a pretty strong team vs Bristol City.

Mourinho has never looked at cup competitions as inconvenience. Otherwise he wouldn’t have the amount of trophies he has won.
See #14226

Did we, hows about playing our strongest team one match from a semi-final?

el3mel

Are you being serious? Your post is just wrong and easily debunked.

Fergie and United prospered with a counter attacking side that reverted to full on attacking when it had the upper hand. United won multiple trophies with a counter attacking side.

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/every-premier-league-club-ranked-use-academy-players

United are far and away top when it comes to playing academy players. So that argument is moot too.

As for points madeultiple times, maybe because they are right? AWB has been a.decent signing, James has shown he is a top player and can go on to be a true star. He's a bargain too. Harry was overpriced no doubt but we needed a CB and fans were screaming for one and I'm confident he will come good.

So have a go at his signings then. Compared to Fred. Matic. Falcao, Di Maria. Sanchez. Fellaini.

Nothing to do with being a Top Red, more being realistic and understanding the club and seeing what the current manager is trying to achieve rather than just throwing money at top players and hoping for the best or expecting success just because we are Manchester United.
You have to be the first one on this forum that believe counter attacking is the United way, despite the most known chant for fans being "Attack, attack, attack". Fergie adopted different styles at different games, he wasn't fixated on one thing and was flexible.

Ole has only used 2 youngsters regularly this season, Greenwood and Williams, nothing really extraordinary. You label LvG as short term fix when he was playing youngsters left, right and center.

You must be living in an alternate reality if you think James is a top player and is capable of being a true star. He has been crap for a long time now, and on a run of not scoring a single goal for 6 straight months, a record I didn't imagine I will see for another player than Lingard.

"rather than throwing money at top players hoping for the best" seriously? You realize that Ole has splashed 80m on Maguire, 50m on AWB and +55m on Bruno? Bar James, all his signings costed shite ton of money.

As I said all your points have been replayed on multiple times now. You aren't bringing anything new on the table.

Last edited:

L1nk

Glory hunter might be a bit much but definitely entitled, and spoiled... toys immediately out of the pram when things aren't going well
Or perhaps people don't wanna sit like good little boys and girls when things aren't going well and can see ways in which it can improved. But I forget, we are the fabled and superior Manchester United aren't we, we can't be seen to act like any of those other clubs can we. We should just sit there and be spoon fed shit and like it otherwise we will be classed as spoiled and entitled, how stupid of me to think otherwise.

The fact we had Sir Alex as manager so long, a complete anomaly mind you, has clouded the judgement of everyone who only wants to keep looking to the past success in the hopes we can replicate the same thing here and now

langster

Scout
Genuinely one of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen on this forum.

But it's about what I've come to expect because alot of people on here are so deep rooted in Top Redism that any differing opinion makes you not a real fan and a glory hunter

It's people like you that actually hold the club back, what genuinely goes through your mind that you think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a man that no top club in the entirety of world football would have ever gone near, suddenly becomes an absolute world class manager that's going to take United back to the top because he used to play for us

Newsflash, he doesn't "get United." What do I mean by that exactly? You're talking like Manchester United is some special special club and the reason for our failures over the last year's is because we just haven't had somebody that's gets the club, that has that "United DNA." No, we're a football club like ANY other football club in the world, we just happen to be very popular and have been lucky enough to have some world class managers and players at the club

All people like you do is put Manchester United on some mythical pedestal that makes it nauseating to support the club, all you talk about is culture and some kind of secret sauce to managing the club, like how dare someone from outside of our history even think about managing this club, they don't understand! They don't get the "way!" They didn't bleed for this club that means they'll be awful! Please please give my dear Ole more time, we aren't a sacking club, we're too good for that! Leave it to disgusting clubs like those Barcelona's and Real Madrid's, you glory hunting younglings will never know patience! Ugh!

All the stuff you mentioned doesn't make a good manager, you sound desperate and clingy to the past. Truly god awful stuff.
Wow. That was without a doubt one of the most boring posts I have ever read. You also completely missed the point and just went on a mad rant. I hope you feel better now.

I honestly don't know where to start. I will just say United ARE a special club! Ole isn't a special manager, just since Fergie he's the only one who understands the club and who cares as much.

I'm not clinging to the past either. I just can see and appreciate what Ole is trying to do. The same as LvG. I get their vision and am prepared to be patient for another season. Sacking managers gets nobody anywhere. You mentioned Madrid and Barcelona but don't see they are built from academy players as well as clever recruiting. When do you see either club breaking transfer records? Yes they spend high at times, but it's for an important piece to fit their team. They buy a knight for their chess board, or a rook.

Barcelona and Madrid buy and develop or produce players like United used to do and still do. Rashford is the perfect example.

All I was saying was Ole has played and learned from the best. He lives and breathes United whereas Jose lives and breathes himself and money. He has a winning formula that he has taken and tried to replicate at every single club he has managed. Ole is trying to replicate the style he knows and played under Fergie. I'm also saying he should be given time. Imho he's on the right track. He's got rid of the right (or wrong) players, he's bought the right players, he's targeted the right players and he's trying to get the team playing the right way whilst stopping them playing the way Jose and LvG taught them.

He deserves another season. If he doesn't succeed then, then fair enougn, sack him. But at least give him a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.